Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe New homepage - Let us know what you think

Dec

5 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Not as graphically appealing as the old one but seems smoother to navigate and is much more convenient.

I agree. 

On 09/10/2016 at 02:46, Dec said:

Hi,

Today we have changed our homepage. We'd love to know your thoughts so please let us know.

Thanks,

@Dec, @JustM1kePlays & @Putzy

Thanks guys .. 

15 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Not as graphically appealing as the old one but seems smoother to navigate and is much more convenient.

I agree ..

1 hour ago, danovic78 said:

Looks good, Dec although the link to the stories landing page on the top navigation bar is broken?

Oh yes that is an oversight on my part when we merged the forums. This will be amended for 2017.

42 minutes ago, Dec said:

Oh yes that is an oversight on my part when we merged the forums. This will be amended for 2017.

Ok, no worries.

Much better on the eyes, and a lot easier (for my addle-brained self, anyway) to tell where and what everything is. It's got the look of a forum again, which I genuinely like. That all being said, this is coming from a guy who still thinks the internet would be better if everything looked like it did back during web 1.0.

Sans ear-destroying MIDI on every page. Glad that trend died.

1 minute ago, Alari said:

There isn't a way to get to the last posts page directly from the homepage any more.

If you click on the time it was posted then it redirects you to the last post.

10 minutes ago, Dec said:

If you click on the time it was posted then it redirects you to the last post.

I mean the page of recent posts in chronological order (this link) unless I'm missing something?

Edited by Alari
8 minutes ago, Alari said:

I mean the page of recent posts in chronological order (this link) unless I'm missing something?

Recent posts are the "New Community Activity" but for speed and appearance we don't show the post on the homepage. There was never that on the homepage though.

For some reason I thought there was a link. Could you make the "New Community Activity" header link to that page?

Just now, Alari said:

For some reason I thought there was a link. Could you make the "New Community Activity" header link to that page?

The link is still there albeit still in a bad place. How about under the create icon?

2 minutes ago, Dec said:

The link is still there albeit still in a bad place. How about under the create icon?

That would be a good place.

Just now, Alari said:

That would be a good place.

Perfect. Thanks for the suggestion. Going to try and make the headers links too though may be annoying for mobile users.

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but are stream_title_30 and stream_title_31 supposed to be showing in the navigation drop-down menu?

At the moment, both seem to have the same effect as View New Content. I'm assuming they're placeholders? 

21 minutes ago, BleedsBlue said:

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but are stream_title_30 and stream_title_31 supposed to be showing in the navigation drop-down menu?

At the moment, both seem to have the same effect as View New Content. I'm assuming they're placeholders? 

Very strange. Good spot. I will have a look