Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Triple Challenge Combo

Taff

My dear Vibers with FMM17 just around the corner I wanted to see my FMM16 career off in style and with limited time and multiple challenges still to try I thought why not mash them up so with that in mind may I present the

Triple Challenge Combo

Now this idea is fairly straight forward I have taken three separate challenges and mashed them into one (hopefully glorious) career, here are the three challenges I will be attempting (with some slight variations)

Converted Winger Challenge

Goal a minute Challenge

Double Trouble Challenge

These three fit fairly well together with the exception being that instead of using a different winger every season I will take one convert him to a striker then he will be part of the double trouble aiming to reach 1200 goals and he alone is responsible for the goal a minute challenge but also have to score more than 30 goals a year as per the original converted winger challenge 

With me so far OK lets get going.

For this attempt I have stuck with the team who have always been my go to team on FMM Arsenal 

IMG_8235.PNG  

Now for my Winger I went with a fairly obvious choice

IMG_8244.PNG

The talented youngster has been a go to for many a Viber this year and I'm no exception and not being green in the striker area was a good candidate to be my convert, his strike partner will be the Gunners own

IMG_8245.PNG

A very good striker and one who always gets pushed aside when I use the Gunners as I tend to use them for other goal related challenges (my 2 1K attempts for example)

So am I crazy or genius lets see how the first season went

Season 1

So the first season was always going to be getting the team up and running and with that in mind we head to the transfer market

Transfers

IMG_8284.PNG 

We spent big money this year bringing in Coman and John to replace Sanchez and Iwobi as I needed Wingers rather than IF's then we grab Stones who has become one of the most bought Defenders in this years Game (no chance next year with him now a City player) and of course Guedes 

IMG_8285.PNGIMG_8286.PNG

Lots going out this year with Sanchez and Iwobi making room for my two new wingers then the rest are players I get rid of every save

League

So onto our first season in the EPL and well I have become accustomed to seeing this 

IMG_8265.PNGIMG_8266.PNG

Arsenal top the league table and claim our first Premier League crown in a much closer affair than it looks with a few too many draws and losses for my liking but then I'm just picky 

Cups

IMG_8247.PNGIMG_8287.PNG

We start the season off on a good foot with my new strike partnership grabbing a goal apiece and securing our first trophy of the year

We get knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the Quarter finals by City after an extra time winner

IMG_8271.PNGIMG_8270.PNG

A win on penalties sees us beat out Liverpool for the FA Cup

IMG_8272.PNGIMG_8273.PNG

And Guedes scores a late winner to fend off Bayern in the Champions Cup Final

Fixtures

Here's our full season fixture list

IMG_8276.PNGIMG_8277.PNGIMG_8278.PNGIMG_8279.PNGIMG_8280.PNGIMG_8281.PNGIMG_8282.PNG

Some big wins in here but as I said before too many draws and losses for my taste (but we were messing with tactics for most of the season)

Player Awards

Some awards for the team this year

IMG_8264.PNG

Guedes comes 2nd in the WOPTY (coming second to Messi is not a bad thing for his first season)

IMG_8267.PNG

Guedes comes runner up again following Welbeck in the EPL POTY award

IMG_8268.PNG 

Coman edging out Lukaku to claim the YPOTY

IMG_8269.PNG

I claim the MOTY award for good measure (sorry about the name I just couldn't help myself I am 33 but still have a little Bart Simpson in me)

Welbeck and Guedes

So how did my new strike partnership do in there first year

First here's Guedes stats at the end of the year

IMG_8283.PNG

Some big improvements all around with 9 stats now in the green and he's still only 19 and as you can see he converted very easily into the striker position 

now there goals

IMG_8275.PNG

Guedes finish the year on 40 goals (eases past the 30 mark but need vast improvement to help towards the 1200 double trouble tally) but 17 assists is a good mark too

IMG_8274.PNG

Welbeck only beats him by 1 scoring 41 goals for the season and I need to see much more from both of them if I'm going to get anywhere near 1200 goals 

as for the goal a minute here's how Guedes did

Minutes Achieved

2, 3, 7, 8

11, 14, 15, 18

21, 22, 24, 29

31, 32, 33, 35, 36

50, 52, 53, 55, 57

62, 63, 65, 68, 69

70, 76

85, 87, 88

So a good amount of minutes hit (but first season always was going to be the easiest he managed to hit 7, 18, 50 and 55 twice while he hit the second minute three times

Proof

Spoiler

IMG_8287.PNGIMG_8288.PNGIMG_8289.PNGIMG_8290.PNGIMG_8291.PNGIMG_8292.PNGIMG_8293.PNGIMG_8294.PNGIMG_8295.PNGIMG_8296.PNGIMG_8297.PNGIMG_8298.PNGIMG_8300.PNGIMG_8301.PNGIMG_8302.PNGIMG_8303.PNGIMG_8304.PNGIMG_8305.PNGIMG_8306.PNGIMG_8307.PNGIMG_8308.PNGIMG_8309.PNGIMG_8310.PNGIMG_8311.PNGIMG_8270.PNGIMG_8273.PNG

So not a bad first season but need vast improvment in the goal tally to help this out

So let me know what you think, am I crazy is this a good idea or not as always i value any feed back

Stay tuned and thanks for following and a big shout to @danovic78 and @billy2shots for there recent attempts at these challenges and giving me the idea for this

Edited by Taff
34 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

A nice combination of challenges and a fitting farewell from you to FM16. 

Good luck, it's not going to be easy.

I think it's going to be a complete disaster lol

But a good way to see FMM16 off in style 

16 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Daring attempt! Good luck! 

3 minutes ago, Roffatje said:

Good luck! It's a tough challenge.

Cheers guys I'm in for a long fight if I'm honest the goal a minute and converted winger I'm happy with but 1200 goals I think is going to kill me

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Nice start mate! 

Cheers Ash, hope they can improve as time goes on

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate. I love the idea of combining all these challenges together to form one ultimate save to end the year with. KIU 

I was just thinking about the challenges I hadn't done but fancied doing and boom why not try them all

5 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

@Taff another great idea from your side - im looking forward to see how good its going to get :)

Hopefully I don't disappoint old friend 

15 hours ago, kts365 said:

Now this is a fun way to say goodbye to the game this year. Hope it all goes well for you mate.

Cheers dude, If it does work I'll be amazed but It's just a fun way to say goodbye to FMM16

12 hours ago, Jason Cooper said:

Hi taff what tactic did you use thanks?

I'm using my attacking 442 only change is making the TM a AF to better suit Welbeck and Guedes is the PCR, 

Welbeck is getting more goals this season which is good as he's older i need him scoring as much as possible before his time runs out

Season 2

Here we are and into our second season hoping the whole thing doesn't blow up in my face, but I'll keep positive for now

Transfers

First onto the transfer market and after deciding to tweak my tactic slightly I went to work

IMG_8370.PNG

Coming in Laporte too be Stones partner in the heart of the defence, Neil Taylor to give me a back up option at LB, Patrick Roberts to be my new starting RIF (kids always played well for me when asked) and Comacho to join the midfield (also bought Zaha at the end of last season as another good English RIF)

IMG_8371.PNG

Going out Chamberlin who's never happy same goes for Wilshere and Koscielny who wanted more money, play time etc, the rest were just sold to raise funds and Cech went as Arsenal have like 5 GK's at the start of the second season so I decided to let go of him while I could get some funds for him

League

So onto our second EPL campaign and it went well again and Arsenal retain their EPL Crown 

IMG_8336.PNGIMG_8337.PNG

Only the two losses in the league this year and clear of Man City by 10 points (although the surprise of the season is Spurs finishing in 16th place lol)

Cups

We cleaned house this year winning all the trophies 

IMG_8317.PNGIMG_8316.PNG

We win the Community shield thanks to a single goal from Welbeck (my new CD Laporte showing some class getting sent off in his first match)

IMG_8319.PNGIMG_8318.PNG

An easy win against PSV sees us lift the Euo Supercup

IMG_8333.PNGIMG_8332.PNG

Three different players score to help us land our first Club World Championship

IMG_8335.PNGIMG_8334.PNG

A close game sees us beat out Chelsea for a second time to claim the Capital One Cup

IMG_8339.PNGIMG_8338.PNG

Another 3-0 win sees us beat out Championship Side Brentford to clinch the FA Cup for a second season (but fair play to Brentford for getting to the final, almost felt bad beating them)

IMG_8344.PNGIMG_8343.PNG

A truly epic game sees us draw 4-4 with Juventus in normal time then go on to beat them 3-1 in extra time to lift our second Champions Cup

Fixtures

Here's our season fixtures 

IMG_8359.PNGIMG_8360.PNGIMG_8361.PNGIMG_8362.PNGIMG_8363.PNGIMG_8364.PNGIMG_8365.PNGIMG_8366.PNG

Season Awards

IMG_8331.PNG

Welbeck and Guedes claim 1st and 2nd in the WPOTY

IMG_8340.PNG

Then switch it up in the EPL POTY

IMG_8341.PNG

Roberts has a great first season edging out teammate Coleman to claim the EPL YPOTY

IMG_8342.PNG

And Seymour Butts claims his second MOTY award

Welbeck and Guedes

So how did my strike partners do this year

IMG_8367.PNG

Guedes improves his stats after a decent season

IMG_8368.PNG

but only manages to find the net 5 more times than last year (but another great season for assists getting almost 30 for the year, need to teach him to be a bit more selfish in the future)

IMG_8369.PNG

Another Improved season with Welbeck netting 11 more than last year but were still no where near where we need to be 

Guedes - 45 (85)

Welbeck - 52 (93)

Total - 97 (178)

Now for the goal a minute Guedes managed to net the following new minutes this year

6, 9, 12, 13, 25, 27, 37, 38, 44, 47, 48, 51, 56, 58, 64, 66, 67, 81 and 90

Spoiler

IMG_8345.PNGIMG_8346.PNGIMG_8347.PNGIMG_8348.PNGIMG_8349.PNGIMG_8350.PNGIMG_8351.PNGIMG_8352.PNGIMG_8353.PNGIMG_8354.PNGIMG_8355.PNGIMG_8356.PNGIMG_8357.PNGIMG_8358.PNGIMG_8343.PNG

So a few new numbers hit (nothing in the 70/80 category) but still not too bad and he got that all important 90th minute (the annoying thing was all the injury time goals must have scored 5-6 in the 45+/90+ minutes this season)

Here's how we stand after two season

2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9

11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18

21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29

31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 38

43, 44, 47, 48

50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58

62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69

70, 76

81, 85, 87, 88, 90

So we're making progress across all three challenges so lets hope the boys can pick up their game next season

Stay Tuned and thanks for following

Edited by Taff

Great Season mate KIU. Goal a minute challenge and Converted winger are looking good. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the DT. Hopefully you can finish this before next month

8 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Great Season mate KIU. Goal a minute challenge and Converted winger are looking good. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the DT. Hopefully you can finish this before next month

I'll be lucky to get them to 1200 goals before next year lol, never mind a bit of fun before we all see how good (or bad) FMM17 is

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Hopefully you'll score a few more for the DT in the coming seasons but everything else is flying! KiU

Cheers dude, but I have a horrible feeling I might need to start again as I think I've made a balls up with this save

OK guys I've made a monumental balls up of this and need to start again as Welbeck is already 27 I have no chance of making the 1200 goals so I will start a new thread soon once I've completed a new first season

Sorry for this but I'll get cracking straight away on a new thread and season

On 18/10/2016 at 11:34, Taff said:

OK guys I've made a monumental balls up of this and need to start again as Welbeck is already 27 I have no chance of making the 1200 goals so I will start a new thread soon once I've completed a new first season

Sorry for this but I'll get cracking straight away on a new thread and season

You fool haha. May I recommend akpom

Well after a good conversation with @Ashez I've decided to wait until FMM17 to get this challenge going so I'll save it for then and concentrate now on finishing the golden oldies challenge and working on a decent 433 ready for next months release