Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aencinaz04

4 Exciting English teams to Manage on FMM17

4 Exciting English teams to Manage on FMM17

1. Leicester City (Last season: 1st)

nywrTPxlTmxKWxY5GuzADB0BLjWZKkl7zAVw7Jmuo2Cw1eI1moxyTsSyO6ddRXS25Z0UywAjT1SGhDQPH5_CQ9N-bnOnk4aPlBrP_PV42MelND6FgCRhX4Qmw3wYMz_L95lVkpjy

Leicester were the Cinderella story of last season. Having narrowly escaped the teeth of relegation the previous year, Claudio Ranieri’s team took England - and the world - by storm in winning the Premier League.

The Foxes used a 4-4-2, maximizing the ability of both Riyad Mahrez and Marc Albrighton on the flanks and using the pace of Jamie Vardy to hit teams on the counter. However, arguably their most influential player - N’Golo the engine Kante - left for Chelsea this season and this will be one of the biggest challenges you face; how do you replace him?

The Champions League adds an exciting chapter to the Leicester story but how will you fare domestically? Will the loss of Kante leave you in free fall? Or can you succeed without him and to build a dynasty at Leicester?

2. Bournemouth (Last season: 16th)

bournemouth.jpg

Bournemouth are a team aiming to build on their first season in the Premier League. The Cherries have a talented coach and there’s a good feeling within the squad. This save would be exciting due to the impressive core of English talent you can build beyond one or two seasons.

The team has a solid midfield, improved vastly with the loan signing of Jack Wilshere. Their attack is far from glamorous but has an abundance of pace in it; Callum Wilson spears the front with both Jordan Ibe and Joshua King on the wings.

If you’re going to make additions to his squad, you should be looking at bringing in a defender or two. That maybe two central defenders - or it maybe a full-back and a center back. However, the defense is easily Bournemouth’s weakest area and will require attention if you’re aiming to push the club on.

The team plays with a 4-2-3-1 which suits their possession-based style down to a tee. If you don’t fancy this formation, you could look at using a more conventional 4-4-1-1 or push the attacking midfield up top and create a 4-4-2.

3. Newcastle (Last season: 19th)

newcastle.jpg

Newcastle went down to the Championship last season but with your management, the club could be back in the top-flight after a year out. The team’s support is famous and the rich history which backs the club makes it an attractive team to take over.

The team has plenty of youth and it would be exciting to manage this in the Premier League. In terms of transfers, you should look at strengthening the defense; however, you could argue that the team doesn’t need any additions for you to win the Championship.

Newcastle play with a 4-4-1-1 but it’s also suited towards a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-4-1. Playing in the Championship definitely gives you an excellent chance of developing the youth within the squad and it’s the perfect platform for them before you (hopefully) (re)introduce them to life in the Premier League.

4. Manchester United (Last season: 5th)

man utd.jpg

Manchester United are currently in the process of undergoing a change under the guidance of Jose Mourinho. Since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013, Man United have yet to found their identity having already been through David Moyes and Louis van Gaal respectively.

The team made some amazing signings in the summer with Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic but this will bring one of your biggest challenges: how will you get the best from both them and the entire team?

Your future looks bright with Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard. They bring about an exciting future: could they be your attacking line in several years time?

Mourinho has changed the system around thus far, but seems intent on using a 4-2-3-1. What tactic will you use? And will you be able to bring back the glory Sir Alex Ferguson brought?

9 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Very good article mate. I am personally looking forward to managing Liverpool as they are playing fantastically this year

Yes,they are. I have enjoyed what klopp has done with the team.

Nice work, very well written but just 4 really limits you. You are missing Chelsea - one of the only big clubs to be able to play 3 at the back easily, Burton Albion - Ultimate underdogs in the Championship, AFC Wimbledon - Now facing MK Dons in the league and Salford City - Very popular due to class of 92

Could've thrown some more in there but the ones you did use were covered engagingly with appropriate detail. It looks nice too! Any of the teams relegated from the premier league last year will be good fun (and fairly easy). 

Personally I like a Southampton save at the start of a new game, to see what I can do with them after yet more losses of key players, and the opportunity to develop youth.

I think Bolton would be a good save too, lots of experienced Premier League players like Wheater, Spearing, Pratley and good youth players like Vela and Clough to try and take back to the Top Level again.

3 hours ago, kts365 said:

As a newcastle fan I am excited and more so for the february update if we keep this form up

Same for Norwich, Jacob Murphy is in for quite the stats boost if he keeps up this form. Race you to the title ;)

10 hours ago, danovic78 said:

I think Bolton would be a good save too, lots of experienced Premier League players like Wheater, Spearing, Pratley and good youth players like Vela and Clough to try and take back to the Top Level again.

Bolton sounds like a really enticing prospect. I've liked Josh Vela for a while on the game now.

8 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Same for Norwich, Jacob Murphy is in for quite the stats boost if he keeps up this form. Race you to the title ;)

Care for a wager? ?

I give you Darlington as a team to try this year.

I rarely play as teams I support, I watched Sunderland as a kid and in my 20's took an interest in Darlington.

This year will see me challenge Darlington...When I feel confident about my writing skills I may provide a career thread at some point

Darlington 1883 (Last Season: Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions)

Darlo.png

To say recent history has not been fair to Darlo in recent seasons is an understatement...

After 3 periods of administration(2006, 2009 and finally 2012), Darlington were thrown out the Conference for coming out of administration without settling a CVA with creditors.

Despite being bought out by the DFC 1883 Rescue Group, The Football Association ordered Darlington change there name and were relegated to the Northern League.

Now Darlington are back at the level they should have been at if things never went tits up in 2012.

Within 5 years they have achieved great success

12/13: Northern League Champions breaking records for most points, best goals scored and best goal difference

13/14: Northern Premier League Div 1 North...Play-Off Semi Final

14/15: Northern Premier League Div 1 North...Play-Off Winners

15/16: Northern Premier League Premier League Champions.

For the first time since FMH '12, Darlington make there return to The Vanarama League North.

They have had a good start to there Vamarama North Campaign with the likes of Gary Brown, Leon Scott and Peter Jameson.

The challenge is on, can you take Darlington back to the Football League

In real life, we are doing well sitting 2nd behind AFC Fylde as I write this), I hope we consolidate our position or get to the Play-Offs.

Other worthy mentions I think

1. AFC Fylde(Big Spenders)
  2. Salford City(Class of '92 and all that)
  3. Blackpool(Been in freefall for a couple of years now)
  4. Rangers(Finally back in Scotland's top flight...They took the same amount of time as Darlo did getting back to Conference North
  5. As has also been mentioned teams like 
Edited by marxistafozzski

Thanks to people suggesting Bolton, I think I'm settled on a Bolton save to kick things off. With good young players like Josh Vela and Zach Clough along for the ride it should be a good one :D

To be honest Sheffield United will be a decent team to start of with, they are on a good run at the minute plus they have just beaten Leyton Orient 6-0 in the FA Cup 1st round at the Lane this afternoon, I reckon that Sheffield United, Bolton, Burton and Wigan would be good teams to manage

On 10/28/2016 at 21:46, marxistafozzski said:

I give you Darlington as a team to try this year.

I rarely play as teams I support, I watched Sunderland as a kid and in my 20's took an interest in Darlington.

This year will see me challenge Darlington...When I feel confident about my writing skills I may provide a career thread at some point

Darlington 1883 (Last Season: Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions)

Darlo.png

To say recent history has not been fair to Darlo in recent seasons is an understatement...

After 3 periods of administration(2006, 2009 and finally 2012), Darlington were thrown out the Conference for coming out of administration without settling a CVA with creditors.

Despite being bought out by the DFC 1883 Rescue Group, The Football Association ordered Darlington change there name and were relegated to the Northern League.

Now Darlington are back at the level they should have been at if things never went tits up in 2012.

Within 5 years they have achieved great success

12/13: Northern League Champions breaking records for most points, best goals scored and best goal difference

13/14: Northern Premier League Div 1 North...Play-Off Semi Final

14/15: Northern Premier League Div 1 North...Play-Off Winners

15/16: Northern Premier League Premier League Champions.

For the first time since FMH '12, Darlington make there return to The Vanarama League North.

They have had a good start to there Vamarama North Campaign with the likes of Gary Brown, Leon Scott and Peter Jameson.

The challenge is on, can you take Darlington back to the Football League

In real life, we are doing well sitting 2nd behind AFC Fylde as I write this), I hope we consolidate our position or get to the Play-Offs.

Other worthy mentions I think

1. AFC Fylde(Big Spenders)
  2. Salford City(Class of '92 and all that)
  3. Blackpool(Been in freefall for a couple of years now)
  4. Rangers(Finally back in Scotland's top flight...They took the same amount of time as Darlo did getting back to Conference North
  5. As has also been mentioned teams like 

Darlington sounds like a good place to start a career I always start at a National league North or South Team , generally one from near where I was born (Sunderland) or where I live now (South west of London) So Hampton & Richmond appeal , Hungerford Town , Poole town and East Thurrock make up the new additions to the National League  South and if Darlington don't take your fancy there is Salford City new to the National League North.