Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-3-3 Home Awesome, Away Shocking *HELP*

DaBla27

·

·       Hi,

so after being sacked in my first season as Aberdeen manager I continued the game applying for jobs and took on the Annan Athletic job.

I changed up my approach all together and went for a high pressing, attacking, short passing style of play.  Not that you would get much of that in the lower leagues of Scotland but I'm having mixed fortunes with it.  I stick with it rigidly at home and away and that's where the issue lies.  At home it is exceptional, away it is vile.

Would appreciate any expertise or guidance on what you think I could do to improve my away form.  If I could do that then I think I would have this league sewn up.  I like my overall style but clearly it is failing away from home.

I have attached various screenshots of my league placing (Overall, Home and Away).

I also have a striker Smart Osadolar who is absolutely revelling in this formation but cannot for the life of me think why he could only be worth £4K.  Any idea?  Ideally he would be worth about £200K and I could ship him off which would then allow me to bring in more talent right across my team.  It just isn't consistent, I have a sub keeper who is 19 and valued at £60K?!?!?

Looking forward to your responses.

Photo 08-11-2016, 13 16 58.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 13 18 15.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 13 18 21.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 13 18 30.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 13 18 34.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 13 18 58.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 13 54 32.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 13 54 42.png

Play balanced away from home or all the time if it doesn't ruin your home form, my current 433 sticks to balanced and it does the job. 

Ok will give that a go, I know that seems an obvious thing to do but just fishing for tips.

Any ideas about my striker then?  £4K seems a ridiculous value for someone in the form he is in.  I know in the scheme of things he's not amazing but come on...

Change short passing to mixed. I use a similar formation with the same instruction (apart from passing style) and it works wonders for me.

My away form is better than my home form so it could affect your home form but it's worth a try.

Edited by Mikbrown94

Nice one thanks, will give that a go as well.  Short passing at home and mixed away.  If it were as simple as that for my team then I would be delighted.  Will let you know.

1 minute ago, davidblack said:

Nice one thanks, will give that a go as well.  Short passing at home and mixed away.  If it were as simple as that for my team then I would be delighted.  Will let you know.

No worries, let me know how you get on!

With my away form being good, i may even try short passing at home to see if that helps home form.

What team are you managing?

I've had a 8-0 and 7-0 win in the league with this set of tactics but could play the very same team the very next week and get beat.  Not sure Annan Athletic are playing a short passing, attacking game much in real life but it seems to work in the most part for me. 

Bradford PA at the min, won the league every year so far but i unlocked 'sugar daddy' in my last Liverpool save so i should be winning really haha

First game of the night and it's an away match. Changed to mixed passing, everything else the same. Look suspect at the back but like the look of the stats and of course the win, long may this continue.Photo 08-11-2016, 23 24 56.png

Ok so just finished my season and what can I say, absolutely delighted. Won it on the last day with a 90th minute winner. The missus wondering why I'm running about the house at 23:50. That simple change to the passing got me 4 out of 4 away wins in the run in and only dropped 2 points in total in the last 7 matches. I think I will give the balanced approach a go aswell Ashez as it does feel like I will concede all the time.

Singing in the streets of Annan tonight!!!!

Photo 08-11-2016, 23 49 06.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 23 49 13.png

10 hours ago, davidblack said:

Ok so just finished my season and what can I say, absolutely delighted. Won it on the last day with a 90th minute winner. The missus wondering why I'm running about the house at 23:50. That simple change to the passing got me 4 out of 4 away wins in the run in and only dropped 2 points in total in the last 7 matches. I think I will give the balanced approach a go aswell Ashez as it does feel like I will concede all the time.

Singing in the streets of Annan tonight!!!!

Photo 08-11-2016, 23 49 06.pngPhoto 08-11-2016, 23 49 13.png

Haha well done mate.

There is a lot of 5+ goal thrillers in my save but then could go on a run of 5 wins all with clean sheets so it evens out a bit.

Cheers!!

My next challenge really is to keep this team in the league with zero transfer budget and an already exceeded wage budget......

Just as a way of an update.

I have given up on the short passing all together and play mixed with everything else still the same.

I managed to sell on a "free" I signed for £350K which to my budget is enormous and have managed to invest well. Signed Diop and Massey for a combined fee of £30K, doubt I will keep hold of them as they are knocking it in for me but they are going to make me some cash. 

Anyway, for thinking I was going to struggle moving up a division it has been quite the obvious. Delighted with this game right now. Bad timing with FMM17 out in the next few days though, genuine dilemma.

IMG_0817.PNGIMG_0818.PNGIMG_0819.PNGIMG_0820.PNG

Absolutely flying in terms of winning the league, delighted. Completely unexpected with my board hoping I would steer clear of relegation. 

Was getting poor average ratings for my full backs, roughly between 6.0 and 6.5 so have changed my D(R) to play as a wing back as opposed to a full back as a test in the last 10 or so games which has seen a big improvement in his ratings to between 6.75 and 7.25. I'm assuming that as he has WB as part of his position it works for him but if he were a standard D(R) then I may not get the same results.

Final table in League 1, next stop the Championship.......or ditch it all for FMM17.

IMG_0821.PNG