Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1000 goals - Villalibre

BatiGoal

Wow that is incredible mate, the fact you've got that formation firing is very impressive. Can't wait for the next season keep up the good work.

20 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Wow that is incredible mate, the fact you've got that formation firing is very impressive. Can't wait for the next season keep up the good work.

Thanks, Mike. It's the year of the Old School.

No Bati. No no no no no. 

The EME is is a high tech, realistic, complex instrument and 'out of the box (unusual)' tactics don't work.....

All joking aside, another solid season and you are bang on where you need to be. Having lots of supporting players is a great way to manage his fitness as he has no choice but to stay central minimising his running. 

I'm a little surprised you went with Martial. I haven't looked at him in game but presumed he was a little selfish. Obviously the big plus is he can play on the left or through the middle so covers a lot of basis. 

Edited by billy2shots
3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

No Bati. No no no no no. 

The EME is is a high tech, realistic, complex instrument and 'out of the box (unusual)' tactics don't work.....

All joking aside, another solid season and you are bang on where you need to be. Having lots of supporting players is a great way to manage his fitness as he has no choice but to stay central minimising his running. 

I'm a little surprised you went with Martial. I haven't looked at him in game but presumed he was a little selfish. Obviously the big plus is he can play on the left or through the middle so covers a lot of basis. 

You're right again @billy2shots Martial isn't ideal but he does the job. Main reason for getting him was what you mentioned his versatility. That's one of the top criteria when I look at players. Second reason was, at the time I bought 3 strikers as I insisted on going ahead with this formation since it's tailormade for a low stamina player. Martial and the others were relatively cheap still so I took the risk. Bargain if I look back.

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Wow you are crushing it! Those are some super numbers. Looking good to make it well beyond 1000. :)

Hope so, thanks mate!

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate. That tactic is fantastic. Hopefully the high numbers keep rolling in. KIU 

Thanks. Let's see how long this tactic lasts.

1 hour ago, danovic78 said:

Insane formation but does the job....Terrible front line! ;)

Scary front 5 I tell ya :)

This is mind boggling, the success and achievement speaks for itself but it just highlights how broken and awful this engine is. No wonder I'm having no luck while using logic and so on. Can't wait to read more :) 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

This is mind boggling, the success and achievement speaks for itself but it just highlights how broken and awful this engine is. No wonder I'm having no luck while using logic and so on. Can't wait to read more :) 

Logic? Who needs it when you can win everything with 2 CBs. I'm telling you Ashez these Old School formations will one day make their re-appearance into the real football world.

On another note, I thought it was too extreme so I tested a more 'save' formation in 3-3-4 which looked really nice on paper. Strong spine, not too leaky, plenty of power up front with 4 forwards but just couldn't get it working. Tried players, roles, refinements, just nothing seemed to click. This 2-2-1-5 was perhaps a lucky find but I'd love to find and test more of such classic formations if you will ;)

I spent a massive chunk of 2016 trying to get a working 4+ up top formation working with no luck what so ever yet I've seen a few this year already, something has changed within the game. I gave up on this idea as I didn't think it was possible after tonnes of wasted hours last year so congratz are in order haha. Yeah the 334 on paper seems the best you should be able to do but as you said it just doesn't work, I got so frustrated last year trying everything I could think of with no luck at all. 

This is obviously screwing with the engine in some way, this beats what they say the engine is and it will be patched if they notice it. Best advice I can give is do not update until you've finished the save. 

Yes, you're right. After the recent (2h for me) DB update I won't do any until completing this career. I'll be devastated if they take away my 2-2-1-5.

hey mate just wondered what are ur instructions seems like a really interesting tactic maybe i can try 

btw hope you can convince him to stay as big teams might already been chasing him

4 minutes ago, resoag said:

hey mate just wondered what are ur instructions seems like a really interesting tactic maybe i can try 

btw hope you can convince him to stay as big teams might already been chasing him

I'll give the instructions once this career is over so people can try it for themselves. But most of the work's done in the formation + player roles so maybe you could test it out for yourself with different sets of instructions. It's fun and educational.

I'd be in trouble if this were a very small team but I think keeping him won't be an issue anymore with Sevilla. After 3-4 seasons of major successes the board allows for much larger salaries which mostly covers any top player's demands. He's on an average salary at the moment in season 8 and up for extension soon but three 5-year contract extensions during this career should be enough to meet his needs.

On another note @resoag maybe you could try these formations I posted on the first page here in season 2.

Home - Away - Alternative Tactics

The reason I swapped formations is because I was playing a low stamina striker and these 1-striker formations just aren't ideal for him but they're very effective if you get the right players and a solid striker.

11 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

On another note @resoag maybe you could try these formations I posted on the first page here in season 2.

Home - Away - Alternative Tactics

The reason I swapped formations is because I was playing a low stamina striker and these 1-striker formations just aren't ideal for him but they're very effective if you get the right players and a solid striker.

yep i've also seen that one and now im managing barca at 2021 and interestingly sevilla uses a very similar tactic (to the one you used to use) 

ive always been interested in unique tactics w 3 defenders dunno why ? we'll see if it will work in my save

Season 8

Same squad, same tactics.

Let's start with the best news. Villalibre scored another number for his goal/minute challenge and is only one number (69) away from completing it. That gives me extra motivation to start season 9 as I've never completed (or attempted) this challenge before. It's fun looking at each game and hoping that 69 falls one day but it's also a pain seeing 68s and 70s fall over and over again. Perhaps season 9 brings us the much anticipated closure on this challenge.

The penultimate number for the goal/min. challenge

Spoiler

36min.jpg

With this challenge nearing its completion let's look at the main one, 1K challenge.

Villalibre's Goals in Season 8

66outof62.png

Not great. Why? He had a sort of a slump mid-season and I couldn't get him out of that. Still 66 is OK. He's on a total of 522 goals under my management which leaves him with 478 to go. Still very much on schedule but no more slumps please!!

Form Crisis

Goalrecord.png

Very much unlike Asier. Where he used to net almost every single game he's now netting braces followed by nothing followed by a hat-trick. I'd rather see him score on a more consistent basis than this. Perhaps he needs a game off at times eventho his energy levels have been very good since playing with 5 forwards. Gives me stuff to think about.

La Liga

LaLigaSeason8.png

Champions, nothing more than expected but with 3 losses. My goal-scoring record still stands at 127. I feel there's room for improvement there but it ain't happening yet. Season 9 has started well with many goals again so perhaps we'll beat that number next season. But for now, why not have a closer look at those losses for a change.

1st Loss

LossOneA.png

LossOneB.png

LossOneC.png

2nd Loss

LossTwoA.png

LossTwoB.png

LossTwoC.png

3rd Loss

LossThreeA.png

LossThreeB.png

LossThreeC.png

Losses are part of the game as long as my players give their all. I have to say this season I'm a little disappointed with Sanches and Martial. I can't seem to find Sanches' best role so he'll do as a CM for now but for the price I paid for him I expect better performances next season. Martial has been inconsistent. Like Asier Perhaps altho he did score in these games.

Defence stats look pretty good tbh despite having just 2 CBs. And everytime I lose I get the 'players confused by unusual formation' message. Well they have been playing this way for 3 seasons already. They should be accustomed to this craziness by now :)

Anyway, there were good games too of course.

A hat-trick

AVhattricktwo.png

Another hat-trick

AVhattrickone.png

Biggest win

BestResult70.png

I'd like to build on those hat-tricks as that's one of the things I've been unable to master this FMM. Previous series I had 6-8 sometimes 10 hat-tricks a season. This time it seems almost impossible to score that amount. I'll try with different strikers in different challenges with this formation just to see what unfolds.

With the goal/minute challenge needing just 1 more number and the 1KC just past mid-point I'm satisfied with the progress so far.

Progress

DC522g.png

cheers!

Season 9

(coming soon..)

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Shame about the dip in form but a fantastic season mate 

Thanks. I'll need another 8 seasons if he keeps going at this rate. He'll be 33yo by then. 

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate. Just one minute left. Hopefully you can hit it next season. KIU 

Thanks mate. Thought we'd wrap it up in 5 seasons or so, but more like double that.

Still bang on schedule BG. 1 big season will put you ahead of the game. I'm sure an 80 goal season is just around the corner. 

Now replace Martial with an unselfish creative player!

The goal a minute is great isn't it. After the first couple of seasons you think it's easy but it really does kick into gear when your down to the final 5 minutes. Great challenge @Ashez

Edited by billy2shots

I'm going to drop both Martial and Sanches @billy2shots I've got subs that are just as good if not better. A few games left in season 9 and looks like that goal/min will have to wait another season. It would be hilarious if I get 1KC before the goal/min challenge...if at all!!

Season 9

Nice.

Plenty of goals again, could've been more had we not been knocked out of the Spanish Cup Q-finals and Asier not missed games due to injury but in all a firm step closer to our goal of 1000 goals. Unfortunately no minutes hit for the side challenge (goal/min.) so we still stand on 1 remaining minute for that one.

Let's see how things unfolded in chronological order.

Transfers

S9transfersinout.png

I welcomed two new guys into the squad. I needed reinforcements since a couple guys were ageing while others were underperforming. Very glad I brought these two in as they would eventually replace Sanches and Martial in the starting line-up. Kyle, a strong no-nonsense midfielder and Clemente, a reliable striking-partner to Villalibre.

ESC win

ESCwinS9.png

Nice Asier brace to bring us the first Cup of the season.

SSC win

SSCwinS9.png

Aggregate win over our rivals. Good team performance brought us the second Cup of the season.

Hattrick

AVhattrickoncemoreS9.png

Next game, and first league match, saw Villalibre score a hattrick. No better way to start things off.

CWC win

WCWwinS9.png

(forgot to screenshot) A late Asier goal confirmed victory and we're once again the best of the best.

Knocked Out

AVhattrickagainS9.png

Despite Asier's hattrick it was disappointing to go out on aggregate vs Barca. Villalibre did well scoring a brace in Nou Camp and 3 at home but Neymar's 90th min. goal meant the end of our Coppa Del Rey aspirations. No Semi's or final so that's 3 games our goal-scoring machine missed out on.

Hattrick

AVhattrickS9.png

CL went really well with another hattrick from Villalibre vs The Old Lady.

CL win

CLwinS9.png

A fine brace completes the trashing of Arsenal in the CL final and Asier finally meets his 70-goal mark again.

70 goals

AVseventygoals.png

One of his best seasons so far. I'm pleased with his progress. I just need a few more of these. 601 goals. Under my guidance that's now a total of 592 goals. That's a pretty number considering he's still got 4-5 top seasons in him. It's looking very bright for us.

Asier's Attributes

AVprofileS9.png

This is what our main man looks like at the moment. Pretty much the same as 3-4 seasons ago. Still on fitness regime in order to keep his stamina stable and the rest of his well-placed greens still look good. He's a good age and I expect at least 4 more top seasons out of him. Once he hits 32 I'll expect a decline in goals but I gotta make sure I'm well above 800 goals by then.

BatiGoal

ManagerAwards8S.png

As for my personal achievements. Looks good expect those Awards. Miraculously not a single one. I've ended up as runner-up twice, that's all. 7 league wins and 34 cups. What will it take to win an award? Ahh who needs 'em anyway.

So with the Goal/min. Challenge *still* needing that dreadful 69th min and awaiting its completion and the 1K goal Challenge edging closer and closer it's hopefully just a matter of time before we seal victory on both. I'm getting ready for season 10 and expect bigger things and more goals from our hero.

Progress

DC592g.png

cheers!

Season 10

(soon..)

One thing that stands out is his lack of ITN goals. Any plans to manage him with Spain? 

When I checked his age on the player profile screenshot I was surprised, I thought he was approaching 29/30. As you say you still have 4/5 great seasons ahead before he slows down, right on track!

He started as a 17yo and now entering his 10th season. Great age to be with 400 goals to go.

Lack of ITN goals is very odd indeed. He's been playing full games there but 0 goals to his name. Insane contrast. I heard getting nat. jobs is tough so I'm going to see if I can land the job and boost that number. Or rest him ;)

21 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate. Still one minute left. Must be getting frustrating now. KIU 

Short-lived frustration as we finally hit the last number standing..

Season 10

Quick update..

Glorious news on the Goal / Minute Challenge as we hit the 69th and final minute to complete this challenge.

69min.png

Hooray! In the very first game of the new season winning the European Super Cup as well as (and much sweeter) completing 1 out of 2 challenges. Perhaps not the prettiest way to end it with a penalty but it's a valid goal nonetheless.

Thank you @Ashez for bringing this draining yet enjoyable challenge. It's always a special feeling when you complete a challenge for the first time. It took me 10 seasons but I got there in the end. Champagne to the lads!!!

Goal / Min. Challenge *completed*

goalmincompleted.png

To Be Continued...