Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1000 goals - Villalibre

BatiGoal

Congratz! 

I do love the GaM challenge, when I created it I thought it was too gimmicky but playing it is so much fun and frustration lol. Delighted others are playing it as I was the only one for ages lol. 

Season 10

With the GaM challenge finally wrapped up we can put our focus on the main challenge which is the 1KC.

Tactics

Still going with my insane 2-2-1-5 formation. It's crazy, it's fun, it's sick, it's badass, it's working.

Squad

After this season I'll need a major revamp as quite a few players hit late 30's and I still need to play approx. 5-6 seasons in order to make my guy Asier Villalibre hit that magical 1000. I have some serious dough stacked under my bed to hit the transfer market come season 11. That's one of the things I'm very much looking forward to next season. I may need about 6-7 new squad additions.

After hitting that 69th min for the side challenge things unfolded as follows...

S10hattrick1.png

Fine scoreline and a fine hat-trick. I don't know what it is but everytime my boy hits a hat-trick I crack a big smile. :)

DoubleMiss.png

What??? haha this is crazy stuff. First he missed a penalty and then he follows up with a disallowed goal. A double 63rd miss. Still got his goal in the end but he had almost gone from Hero to Zero.

AVredcarded.png

Oh boy. First red card in his career. And btw the very first goalless draw in my 10 seasons. 0-0 had become some sort of myth until today. But not too happy about the red card which resulted in a 1 game ban. Let's forget this game's ever existed.

Injuryblow1y.png

This scared the hell out of me. If this can happen to one of my players it could happen to Villalibre. If that does happen I'll litterally roll to the nearest corner and weep like a baby!! 

This is a serious blow tho. I'm playing a formation with just 2 defenders and this is one of them. These 2 CBs are an integral part of this formation to work so they need to be worldclass. His sub is pretty good but not the same level so defence got leakier due to the loss of one of my most reliable and consistent players throughout this career. Come season 11 my very top priority is getting a worldclass replacement in order to keep this formation working. Take care Sule and see you in a year from now.

And then some more bad news..

CLquartersW.png

The CL run this season has been really shaky. Partly because we lost a key defender and partly because the squad is in need of reinforcements. Here we merely extended our CL life with a late late Asier goal in the extra time of the extra time. As Bayern was preparing for the shoot-out we nicked it and ran home. But our eventual and deserved death would follow next round..

CLsemisL.png

..at the hands of Liverpool. This was as far as we could go. So after 7!! consecutive CL Trophies, which is impressive as hell I must admit, we're leaving the honours to someone else. A 3-2 home win wasn't enough to pull us through this one. No final and no CWC games next season. That stings a little.

S10hattrick3.png

The hat-trick from a month earlier makes up for the games we'll eventually miss out on. Love those hat-tricks.

The most beautiful game

S10hattrick2.png

What a cracking scoreline. Love it!! and the hat-trick as well. That big number 8 looks awesome on the scoreboard. Delighted!

Stats - Numbers - and more..

TeamRatingsS10.png

Team performance has been really good all season. 8 guys in the top 10. It's going to be tough to say goodbye to some of these boys as they have been the best in the past 10 seasons but I seriously need to revamp the squad and prepare the team around Asier to play another 5-6 seasons on the highest level and of course get those 1000 goals to complete the challenge and the career with it.

S10formAV.png

Good record. A brace, hat-tricks, it's raining goals everytime this guy walks the pitch. He's becoming a legend.

Asier68gS10.png

Not his highest tally but I couldn't squeeze more out of him. 68 is good of course, no complaints as usual, but that 80 goal mark is still in my mind. Perhaps next season's revamp will get him there. Won't hurt trying.

As for his 1KC progress. He's now on 660 goals (that's excluding his 9 Bilbao goals) which is getting closer to the finishline now. With only 340 remaining I can see the end somewhere in the horizon. Still a chunk of goals and tons of work left but I'm feeling and hearing the cheers of the crowd down the road already.

LL132goals.png

I'm really thrilled with this. Not because we won for the I don't know how manieth time but for those goals. My previous record stood on 127 goals and I finally managed to break that in half and setting a new beautiful record of 132 La Liga goals. That's a fantastic feat from the lads and improving on that number will be very tough. So credit goes out to the whole squad.

Progress

DC660g.png

cheers!

Season 11

(major revamp underway..)

Edited by BatiGoal

Going really well so far mate, shame about Sule though :(. I lost one 1kc challenge due to a broken leg ages ago (can't even remember the player top my head :/, gunna have to look it up now lol) and it was tough to take, Barbosa also broke his leg in my triple 1k challenge last year, thankfully he soldiered on though. Anyway my point being those injury messages always scare you! 

Can't wait for the next update, best of luck :) 

Thanks mate. Everytime my striker gets injured ingame I'm afraid to look at the news section :) nothing major as of yet, thank God! Barbosa has been top class on FR spot this career btw.

Another solid season and they say the EME is all about normal tactics! ;)

The injury messages pop up far too often for my liking in this game.

5 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Looking forward  to the next part, the injury to Sule is a shame and quite damaging! Good luck with next update

Thank you. I've bought his replacement already.

5 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Another solid season and they say the EME is all about normal tactics! ;)

The injury messages pop up far too often for my liking in this game.

Hey, this tactic *is* normal.. .. .. :)

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

What a season! Ups and downs, looking forward to see if the team reshuffle will get you over the 80 goals mark! KIU

If we do get those 80 goals all credit to the manager. If we don't shame on the players :)

3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Unlucky with Sule mate. Great season though but a like you said a world class cb is needed. Hopefully this isn't your undoing. KIU 

Thanks mate. Working on the squad for season 11 and it's looking scary good!

Season 11

The promised revamp.

Not a total revamp in the end. I was thinking about 6-7 players but it turned out to be just 5. Well, it should've been a couple more but didn't really find the quality in the market I was looking for so I decided to do the revamp over 2 seasons. 5 in season 11 and perhaps 2-3 more in season 12.

Trinout2026.png

With nearly my entire life savings out of the window I got a much healthier squad to work with. The additions are between 22-24yo and of tremendous quality. Eto'o (role: CF) and Mateos (role: DLF) are going to be starters alongside Villalibre (role: P), they better be with such price tags, which hopefully results in more assists for our leading striker. Retamozo (role: CD) is also going to be a starter, a direct replacement for Sule who's out with an injury for the entire season, with Pires (role: CD) as his direct substitute. Krejci, who looks like Cech's regen, is going to be first Goalie. Last season's GK (33yo) will function as his sub for the coming 3-4 seasons probably/hopefully until his retirement. Martial and Correa sold. Their services are no longer required.

wagebudget2026.png

In case you were wondering about this after all the spending. We maintain a healthy financial status.

Let's start with last season's record that I managed to sharpen by a single goal. It stood on 132 goals in La Liga and it stands now on 133 goals.

133goalsLL.png

Awesome achievement. 133 reasons to cheer for our lads!!

Football is for the fans and we at Sevilla FC want to give our faithful fans goals and more goals.

5 goals

2627b.png

Plenty of action here with a red card and a disallowed goal. Both of which I rather not have.

2627a.png

Valencia is probably one of my favourite opponents. And I;m probably their least.

2627f.png

Arsenal speechless after the first leg. 2nd leg was nothing more than a formality.

2627e.png

Hello. CL final. We show our class on the highest level. New boy Eto'o has certainly answered his critics for his 160M pricetag. A hat trick on the highest stage will put an end to that discussion forever. Asier had an average game for his standards. Easy penalty.

2627h.png

Barbosa MoM. He's been absolute class on the right wing as an IF. Top player.

6 goals

2627j.png

One of his many penalties this season. Alcorcon is like Valencia a preferred opponent.

2627k.png

I love Fiorentina. One of my hero's, Batistuta, former teams. Cheers my Argentinian friend.

2627g.png

Disallowed goals on the other side. That I do need. Lots of entertainment and controversy here. Good fans' game.

7 goals

2627i.png

Finally a hat trick. Should've been 4 goals. Always seek for perfection. Always!

8 goals

2627d.png

8 goals, 1 for Asier. That's not good. Time to tweak a few things.

2627c.png

Barbosa steals the show with a hat trick. Man he's good. Asier did well too with a brace. It really is fun to watch these goals fly in when you're managing a top side like Sevilla are at the moment. And what fantastic circumstances for Villalibre to play in and hunt for those 1000 goals. I'm really enjoying this career at this point.

9 goals.. misses!

9missedpen.png

Chaos, Controversy, Madness, Terrible to be honest altho we can say that our GK outgoalied the opponent :) This is insane of course! But we got the Cup.

An Achievement - Position on the board

Posonboard.png

Welcome recognition from the board. I'll accept. I basically run this club now :)

BG Profile

BGstats2627.png

700 games. 542 wins. 1879 goals. 4x 20s. Pretty much zero discipline. I'll take it!

Asier's Goal Tally

goaltally2627.png

I'm setting the bar too high perhaps as it feels like a disappointment again. I went for 70 goals and secretly dreaming of 80 but must settle with less. I think we'll get there if we continue down this road but rather sooner than later as one never knows. Anything could happen next season in terms of injuries, lack of form etc etc. I think the problem is that my IFs get too many goals but if I turn them into wingers and tweak Asier's role the formation with 5 forwards ceases to work. So I rather play this way, which is still pretty good tbf, than overthrow the whole system and formation with it. I'll try some minor tweaks to up his goals but definitely no tactics overhaul at this point in the challenge.

It's 735 goals for Asier but 726 for us in this 1KC so we really edging closer now. Just 274 remaining. Close!!!

Progress

DC726g.png

cheers!

Season 12

(coming soon...)

133 league goals!! Amazing. 

I'm just trying to think if I have seen anyone hit really big numbers for an individual player this year. I'm doing a 1k as part of a few challenges and mid 60s seem to be where my guy constantly stays. I will have game after game of 10+ shots on goal by him with 1 goal scored. I don't think I've seen anyone hit 80s and 90s yet ( I maybe wrong). I have questioned the possibility of artificial restriction but I love a good conspiracy theory. 

274 is not too far off now. It's lovely when it drops below 200 so I hope you can get near there this coming season. That CL final!

Exactly, once only 100+ goals remain it starts to become really fun.

I think I saw Prize with one of his posted tactics (Dybala 80 goals) but not sure whether it's consistent or not. 60+ goals really seems the highest consistent number at the moment. 70s are rare. Then again.. Villalibre is very good but not a worldclass striker in my opinion. He's doing well but there are much better poachers to be found with nicer greens and attributes. I'm wondering if (and how many) goals I could get from a top level poacher in this formation.

8 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Just caught up mate and the end is in sight. Hopefully you can finish this in a few seasons. KIU

Thanks mate. At this pace I'm going to need 16 seasons to get to 1000 goals.

Season 12

No broken records this time but I came very close. I actually equalled last season's La Liga record of 133 goals. A great amount but slightly disappointed I couldn't break it. Just 1 goal short but I'll give it another shot next season again.

133 goals

S12LaLiga99p.png

It's an improvement over last season with 2p more and 9 goals less conceded. I'd like to get 100 points before I end this career.

Tactics + Player Roles

S12tactics2215.png

Same 2-2-1-5 formation but tweaked the roles. I had a DLP in midfield couple seasons ago but didn't really prove more effective than two regular CMs. Sometimes I tweak ingame if I need more goals BBM and BWM in the hope to get more possession and create more chances for my forwards and sometimes I move one CM down to DM or both, playing two DMs for a slightly more defensive end to the game but mostly just what you see here. This btw was the first game of the season where it mattered (the European Supercup) and probably the best game of the season as well as the whole team gave a top performance winning 6-0.

Let's have a look at what happened during this season month by month. I'm posting the best game of each month.

August

S12august.png

Magnificent performance from the lads. Hat-trick for Villalibre and probably their best game of the season. Asier picked up an injury towards the end tho and was out for the next 2 weeks.

September

S12september.png

Ohh..Just noticed Asier failed to score in this one. I thought he'd netted one hence the screenshot. Oh well, good win nonetheless.

October

S12october.png

Another formidable hat-trick from our guy. He turned 30 recently but he's not showing any signs of slowing down.

November

S12november.png

3 braces from my 3 forwards. Monaco stunned on the day and Asier 2 goals closer to 1000.

December

S12december.png

Another Villalibre brace on the road to the final which we would eventually win beating Chivas 3-1.

January

S12january.png

January wasn't a great month for our hero but he got a few goals in anyway, a few injuries, struggling with form slightly, didn't last long tho. I gave him some extra rest and he delivered in the following months.

February

S12february.png

x2 again for Asier and a great victory over rivals Atletico. Hitting 6 past one of the big 3 teams is a joy.

March

S12march.png

Brace again. Few hat-tricks perhaps but these multiple double-hitters really add up at the end of the season.

April

S12april.png

This game had everything. Missed penalty, disallowed goal, and eventually his trademark brace. I'm not surprised anymore.

May

S12may.png

Biggest game of the season and we just got the win. Maybe we dominated the match but we needed a very very late equalizer in the dying seconds of the 2nd half of the E.T. to force a penalty shoot-out. Our GK was the hero and we know luck was on our side this time.

June

S1267goals.png

That's the end of Villalibre's 12th season and he's now on 793 goals for us. He added a decent 67 goals just a few short of 70 once again but these numbers add up nicely. I was hoping to hit 70s and finish this 1KC in 3 seasons but I'll take 4 or maybe 5 as long as we can hit the 1000. Asier is 30yo starting season 13 and hopefully two or three more top seasons out of him with similar numbers and then gradually work towards his retirement. This challenge does look a bit tighter than I expected tbh looking at the stats now etc but I think we're not too far behind schedule.

Asier Villalibre

S12AVform.png

Here you see his pretty good form with plenty of braces to show for. I need 3 more such seasons please!

S12capa.png

Still good CA and PA. Lacks endurance indeed but that's being compensated with the 5-forward formation we're using especially to accommodate him. Poor technique OK that's a negative but the 'selfish' remark should be seen as a positive for this challenge as I want him to be selfish and score the goals himself.

S12AVprofile.png

He just got injured again towards the end of the season so his attributes are a little down compared to usual. He's had 18 pace and 17 strength and a few blues instead of browns but as I said he's recuperating so he's needing his well-deserved rest. With 793 goals in the bag and a mere 207 remaining I think I can manage that with this striker. Having hit 30yo just recently he'll do the coming 13th season as a 30-year-old and then 31 (season 14) and 32 (season 15) I say 3 good season still. Then probably a decline but I hope we're very close to 1000 goals by then. I'm still very much optimistic about our chances. I'm set for season 13!

Progress

DC793g.png

cheers!

Season 13

(later..)

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It'll be tight but I have every faith you'll smash it :D 

Thanks man. Altho I will never be fully comfortable until I hit 990s :)

1 hour ago, AeroLAD said:

Cmon! You'll finish this without a doubt. Can't wait for the next season :D

Thanks for the confidence and support.

41 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I still can't believe that this tactic is still working! ;)

Like a charm ;) try it out!

7 minutes ago, wallywonka said:

0 goals in 55 international games ?! Is he playing like 3 mins per game.

Anyways good going Bati. You'll get there soon enough.

Yes, odd isn't. He's playing 90 min but he's as terrible for his nation ad he's legendary for his club. I tried, and applied, for the Spain job but no luck.

Btw good to see you back Futsal champ.

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Yes, odd isn't. He's playing 90 min but he's as terrible for his nation ad he's legendary for his club. I tried, and applied, for the Spain job but no luck.

Btw good to see you back Futsal champ.

Spain only gives jobs to Spanish nationals (in the game at least). That's why I always have a habit of choosing the same nationality as the player I want to use in a long career.

20 minutes ago, AeroLAD said:

Spain only gives jobs to Spanish nationals (in the game at least). That's why I always have a habit of choosing the same nationality as the player I want to use in a long career.

I never intended to get the Spain job at any point during this career but the 0 int goals in 50+ games almost strike me as a bug because it's highly highly unlikely. So I gave it a shot but knew chances were close to zero. I'll go with the same nationality next time.

Just caught up on this mate, you're doing pretty well! The thing is an average of 60/70 goals would be amazing if you had the Spain job but unfortunately not :( you'd have probably completed it by now! 

You'll complete it anyway :)

How long do you find it takes you to play through a season on the enhanced ME? 

35 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Just caught up on this mate, you're doing pretty well! The thing is an average of 60/70 goals would be amazing if you had the Spain job but unfortunately not :( you'd have probably completed it by now! 

You'll complete it anyway :)

How long do you find it takes you to play through a season on the enhanced ME? 

Thanks.

The EME is fast, but I'm just a slow manager :) I think 1 game takes just 1-1:15min on my phone. Including subs say 1.30min. So I could probably do a season in 2 hours but I like taking my time, I probably do 2h for pre-season alone. A regular season close to 3 to 4h. Sometimes 5h if I decide to run testgames for tactical solution. Yes I take this game very seriously :laugh:

8 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Fair enough :lol: I just bang through a season as quick as I can lol!

So theoretically you could do the 1KC in a single day (24h -> 2h/season .. 12 seasons) tight but possible :)

As for this career, updates will have to wait unfortunately since I only got internet on my phone at the moment.

Just caught up on this challenge and you're going great! Fully expecting you to wrap this up with plenty to spare. Can't wait to see what happens next.

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

So theoretically you could do the 1KC in a single day (24h -> 2h/season .. 12 seasons) tight but possible :)

As for this career, updates will have to wait unfortunately since I only got internet on my phone at the moment.

That'd be some fmm session haha!