Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips Key to success in lower leagues

Dar J

On 1/27/2017 at 13:41, Dar J said:

What year is it? 

After my post on 27th i am in the 2020/21 season in League One.  

Signing players is still a pain in the arse and always leak goals.

On 2/7/2017 at 17:09, Young_T said:

After my post on 27th i am in the 2020/21 season in League One.  

Signing players is still a pain in the arse and always leak goals.

What are you looking at when signing players?

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 12:47, Dar J said:

One orathehthebest methods to test your managerial skills is to take a team in a lower league and guide them to the top. These saves are not easy and with FMM17 managers aren’t given enough time to perform so sacking may be knocking on your door.
Hopefully with some of the tips below you would be able to take your first lower league team to glory.

Database setup

When setting up the database load at least one nation that is nearly at the same level as the league you would manage in so more players would be at your disposal for the first few seasons.

Expectations

After reviewing the board expectation examine your squad and set a personal goal for yourself because it’s easy to loose interest in the save after loosing a few games but with your personal goal the interest might still be there

Squad

When going through your players take note of their wages, if someone is earning more than he deserves give him the opportunity to prove his worth before selling or releasing him if his rubbish.

Make sure you have enough players to cover each position (2 players per position and some versatile players)

Tactics

Build a tactic based on what you have, it doesn’t make sense to build based on players you are going to buy because you found a tactic that worked for you in a previous save

Bear in mind when setting up your tactics that your players are not that good so playing direct, mixed or long (for pacy teams) are the way to go

Have a plan B so when you tactic doesn’t work as planned and you’re forced to change it you’re not short of players

Give time to you tactic, don’t change it because you lost a game 5-0 instead save the game and watch it again to understand what went wrong and don’t forget you might not have the strongest team in the division so don’t expect to win your games

Transfers

Don’t spend money on players unless it’s necessary.

Try to sign free players taking advantage also of the bosman rule

add the big club release clause to reduce their wages demand and renew the contract when the player is established in your team

set some personal rules like : my best players earns 1.5k so I won’t sign players that ask for more than 2k. Doing this you keep the club financially stable

When selling players try to have the sell percentage even if it’s only 5% Especially for young players

When signing players look at only the key attributes for that role because it’s easy to be carried away with lots of greens for attributes that don’t matter. When signing strikers search for pace because defenders are generally slow.

Before the end of the season transfer your remains transfer budget into the wage budget so it’s there for you the next season .

Above all enjoy the save because the only way to keep playing to achieve your goals is if you're enjoying what you are doing.

PleaePlease I need your help, my players have a low conversion raye They always miss chances especially one-on-ones any suggestions? @BatiGoal @dar j

6 minutes ago, Sherifdinn_ said:

PleaePlease I need your help, my players have a low conversion raye They always miss chances especially one-on-ones any suggestions? @BatiGoal @dar j

Can I see the tactic your playing?

Just now, Sherifdinn_ said:

Balanced, short Passing, focus on centre,gk distribution on short, pressings

Screenshot_20170823-210306.png

To be honest I'm not a fan of that tactic and inside forwards in this game because of the stupid long shots they take and you also have a Poacher taking long shots too so my advice would be to change the poacher to a DLF , the IF in the left to an AP 

14 minutes ago, Dar J said:

To be honest I'm not a fan of that tactic and inside forwardaymaker ats in this game because of the stupid long shots they take and you also have a Poacher taking long shots too so my advice would be to change the poacher to a DLF , the IF in the left to an AP 

I actually used a dlf before but no actual diffrencedifference. But I'll try using an advanced plAymaker at wing. Also I conced goals from mostly central midfielders any proble

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:28, dltalbert84 said:

But the thing is that the lower leagues aren't difficult to get out of if you have talent. The league can be won with one or two mercurial players and solid players around them. In point of fact you are right. But in my system you aren't trying to get Serie C players to join your team permanently in the first year. You're looking at the big clubs reserve teams and trying to convince them to loan you players. You won't get all of them. But if you keep pestering you will get a couple of players who are way above the talent level. The main places I've found players willing to come to my side are the Portuguese and German teams reserve sides with some Spanish thrown in there. No, you're not going to get them in the Vanarama N/S but you can get them in the Conference. In the N/S you are probably right about looking for free signings. But, in my opinion you need to be looking ahead. You need the database of these bigger leagues as you move up in the ranks. What are you going to do with the availability of a bunch of Welsh and Irishmen who couldn't crack the bench of most League One sides?

The best thing to do is make smart signings and good tactical decisions. Almost all teams at the lower levels play either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. They have very limited playmaking abilities. It's mostly kick the ball forward and run. Look for the best passers you can find/afford and set them in the middle of your pitch and watch the goals rack up. If you can get a player with 13 passing and decisions they will control your league. Get a striker with as much pace as possible with the best shooting you can find and he will score many, many goals. You know what's easy to find in the lower leagues, flawed players. Guys that can pass and set up scoring but not get back. You're not going to get a Gerrard but you can get the homeless man's version. Find defenders who are strong and know where to be. 

If you're playing in the Irish or Welsh leagues if you win the League you will get a half million or so budget. The players in those leagues are cheap. Fill holes from the League you're playing in and try to go find one or two evogens that should be playing in a much better league. 

Yes, if you don't get promoted you're going to be in trouble if you've signed a bunch of players looking at a bigger budget and you don't get it. DO NOT SIGN THEM. Loan them. Yes, it looks bad in the year but all of that is wiped off in June. Pick better players.

Long time in replying to this, but I had to ask ...

<<

The best thing to do is make smart signings and good tactical decisions. Almost all teams at the lower levels play either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. They have very limited playmaking abilities. It's mostly kick the ball forward and run. Look for the best passers you can find/afford and set them in the middle of your pitch and watch the goals rack up. If you can get a player with 13 passing and decisions they will control your league. Get a striker with as much pace as possible with the best shooting you can find and he will score many, many goals. You know what's easy to find in the lower leagues, flawed players. Guys that can pass and set up scoring but not get back. You're not going to get a Gerrard but you can get the homeless man's version. Find defenders who are strong and know where to be. 

>>

What formation / roles /tactics are we talking about here? Especially the midfielder and striker? Cheers

On 10/13/2017 at 14:18, baggister said:

Long time in replying to this, but I had to ask ...

<<

>>

What formation / roles /tactics are we talking about here? Especially the midfielder and striker? Cheers

For strikers I use an advanced forward and sometimes Poacher while for midfield I use a DLP with any other role apart from the AP

Cool, Thanks!

Just to get more info, are we talking about a flat 442 then ( all midfielders level in a line) ? CB CB LB RB, W DLP CM W, AF AF?

or

CB CB LB RB,  LM DLP CM RM, AF AF?

Also, balanced direct?

Cheers