Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Manchester United Tactics help

salohcin

Hi guys, starting a new save with man united but seem to be struggling with getting results even against teams like leicester and sunderland. Tried using christmas tree formation and 433 but nth seems to work. Rly want to knw if any tactic has worked for yall on FMM 2017.

6 minutes ago, Jens said:

Can you elaborate more on what you've tried? Pics of roles and TI's are a big help for us.

@Jens i tried @MadMarshall88 433 tactics and the one attached below but both didn't work

Screenshot_2016-11-22-15-05-36.png

49 minutes ago, PriZe said:

And what engine m8

@PriZeoriginal engine

you're missing some creativity in the midfield. Switch to an apm, bwm, BBM midfield. Basically you will have almost the same setup up as my tactic black pearl which worked wonders on the 2016 OME. By changing up the roles your midfield will become more versatile

Is the problem creating chances or conceding too much? (Or both?)

The gap between the midfield and Zlatan is the problem. Someone needs to be pushing forward in a midfield 3. 1 DLP and 2 BBM probably in the issue. If not play the striker a little deeper, maybe trequartista or DLP

I've never used a 433 with 2 inside forwards and 2 WB, never really made sense to me (yeah yeah ik real teams play it, but it's just such a waste to play so narrow and pressuring the wingbacks). So you might want to take this paragraph with a grain of salt. But I find fullbacks push pretty high up still when played behind a IF, often practically corner flag to corner flag. So you might want to switch one or both WB to FB. I play 442 with a left inside forward (Julian Brandt) with only 1 wing back, I find much more solidity in a back 4 with only 1 wing back.

Also, friendly advice here, old players don't age well often in FMM, so good ol Zlatan up there? Might want to put Rashford up ahead and maybe put Martial/Depay (or Brandt if you get him) on the left.

Edited by Meow
17 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Screenshot_20161122-154233.png

Ooh a CM in the attacking midfield position! How does Mata play there? I'd say I'd like to play Firmino like that, but I already sold him XD (Origi is a monster in my save, 13 goals in 9 games so far in the second season)

Edited by Meow

Best tactic for me so far. Players have changed a bit but not the roles. I sometimes swap neves with mata and play mata behind striker...if im playing weaker sides. 

Screenshot_20161120-203019.png

1 hour ago, kylieboi88 said:

Best tactic for me so far. Players have changed a bit but not the roles. I sometimes swap neves with mata and play mata behind striker...if im playing weaker sides. 

Screenshot_20161120-203019.png

Is Rooney performing well for you?

He's rubbish for me

1 hour ago, Meow said:

Ooh a CM in the attacking midfield position! How does Mata play there? I'd say I'd like to play Firmino like that, but I already sold him XD (Origi is a monster in my save, 13 goals in 9 games so far in the second season)

I was playing Mata as an AP in the attacking midfield position until in a cup game I played Herrera there as a CM and it worked better than having him an AP so I changed the role to a CM

I also have a United save and I switch between two tactics. Taff's 4-4-2 Attacking formation from Fmm16 still working.

P     TM

IF                        W

BBM    AP

FB    CD.   CD    FB

Also I use

P   TM

IF        AP      W 

BBM    CM

CD    CD    CD

They're both working for me, did the treble in first season (by the skin of my TEETH might I add)

In 1 1/2 seasons I've Sold: Herrera, Mhkitaryan, Fellaini, Rojo, Jones, Januzaj and eventually Lingard. The only ones I'd say definitely need to go are Mhkitaryan, Fellaini, Januzaj and Jones. Others I just had better players in their position.

Rooney has gone shit in second season so I've stopped using him and I don't you a DM so goodbye Carrick (unfortunately)

Just be careful of signing too many signings straight away/selling too many etc - I try to space mine out - but over a season and a half I've bought:

Origi, Goretzka, Rugani, Ounas, O. Dembele, Asensio, Donnarumma (backup), Rajkovic (to make a profit), Fourtunis (cheap backup - selling for profit next season), Henrichs (great full back), Lemos (potential star), M Pereira (profit), Woodburn, Kuki (profit), Kessie, Ceballos, Pinamonti (future) and Eggestein (future).

A lot of signings in two seasons but I loaned a lot of be wonderkids out.

Ibra only lasted a season for me and then I didn't renew his contract as he wanted too much - although he was awesome.

4 hours ago, Condo said:

In 1 1/2 seasons I've Sold: Herrera, Mhkitaryan, Fellaini, Rojo, Jones, Januzaj and eventually Lingard. The only ones I'd say definitely need to go are Mhkitaryan, Fellaini, Januzaj and Jones. Others I just had better players in their position.

Rooney has gone shit in second season so I've stopped using him and I don't you a DM so goodbye Carrick (unfortunately)

Just be careful of signing too many signings straight away/selling too many etc - I try to space mine out - but over a season and a half I've bought:

Origi, Goretzka, Rugani, Ounas, O. Dembele, Asensio, Donnarumma (backup), Rajkovic (to make a profit), Fourtunis (cheap backup - selling for profit next season), Henrichs (great full back), Lemos (potential star), M Pereira (profit), Woodburn, Kuki (profit), Kessie, Ceballos, Pinamonti (future) and Eggestein (future).

Nice wheeling and dealing! I always do this in all my saves regardless of my team. I might play as Man U at some point and the players I'd sell would probably be the same. Great transfers in as well, but do look at Ruben Neves and Thiago Maia who can both play CM, perhaps Sule and Tah for centre back.

Yeah I've used Tah for the last two FMM's so I'm trying to do something a bit different or I get bored of the same players. Neves and Maia look great but I like to try and play players in their natural position, and I very rarely use a defensive midfielder when playing as Man United. I will probably do a save with Everton at some point and would potentially sign both of them.