Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Impossible to keep clean sheets?

Lewis11196

Has anybody else noticed how difficult it is to get clean sheets in this game? It's driving me to the point where I don't want to play anymore... 

For example I can have 15 shots on target and score 1 goal and the AI will score with their first shot! No matter what tactics, players or formations I use I concede in probably 9/10 matches.

Anyone got any advice or tips as to why?

Thanks.

I use WB - CD - LD - WB and it's pretty solid back line. Will rarely concede against lower teams, rarely VS equal teams (I normally score 3 or 4) and giant killer teams are tougher and it totally depends. I can beat Man U then lose to West Ham which makes no sense. 

Also consider your midfield though, sometimes the clearance falls direct into other team. I play BBM and AP to link through the middle. 

IMG_5746.PNG

This sums up exactly what stresses me out about this years version ( I'm Alessandria ).

It takes me 20 shots to score 2 goals yet it takes them 4... And this isn't a one off, it's probably 6/7 games out of 10, it's just getting ridiculous!

I love how Carrarese have 1 shot on target and yet they scored 2 goals. 

For a long time I have had this feeling the stats aren't accurate, and this is a perfect example. Thanks! :)

13 minutes ago, Footix said:

I love how Carrarese have 1 shot on target and yet they scored 2 goals. 

For a long time I have had this feeling the stats aren't accurate, and this is a perfect example. Thanks! :)

It was a deflected shot

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

It was a deflected shot

That has to be wrong. As we all know that would go down as an own goal. 

I raised this very point last year. A deflected shot is only credited to the player if the original shot was on target.

If the original effort was not on target, an own goal has been scored. 

Edited by billy2shots
Just now, billy2shots said:

That has to be wrong. As we all know that would go down as an own goal. 

I raised this very point last year. A deflected shot is only credited to the player if the original shot was on target. 

This varies depending on the company tracking the stats (Opta would count it as an own goal, but different governing bodies have different rules).

1 minute ago, Dec said:

Enhanced Match Engine or Original Match Engine

What's the difference? I had it on EME but see no difference to OME so I've just kept it on that

2 minutes ago, ConnerMcCall said:

What's the difference? I had it on EME but see no difference to OME so I've just kept it on that

Match engine only changes in new careers. Enhanced is more fluid, realistic, harder but slower.

Okay leme say . I'm pretty sure the reason . Why you don't have clean sheets is because of your tactics . Kus like some elite coaches will always say 'd best defends is to attack . I play

" WB BPD CB WB"

"BBM ADM "

" IF ADM IF" 

P"

at the end of each game my goalie has little or no shot to worry about 

Screenshot_2016-12-04-08-57-09.png

Screenshot_2016-12-05-10-38-34.png

Screenshot_2016-12-07-17-26-06.png

Screenshot_2016-12-07-17-27-16.png

I was about to create a new topic, but this one will do. 

Could someone please help me with building a defensively solid tactic for OME? What I want to achieve is to have several matches with few shots from both teams. I don't care that much if I win or lose, for now I just want to see it is possible to frustrate the opponent into a 0-0 stalemate. It seems as whatever I do I end up with shots being fired from all over the place, from both sides, and it's driving me mad. I'd much rather win 1-0 than 5-3, but I just can't do it in this game. 

I'm not going to post any of my tactics, because none of them have been anywhere near what I am looking for. Clearly I don't have a clue, so I turn to you for help.. :-)

Looking forward to any replies.

Cheers! 

The more negative you are the easier it is to keep clean sheets. Simple football rule, but to win games being negative requires delicate balancing:

MKYFSsB.png

1 hour ago, Jack said:

The more negative you are the easier it is to keep clean sheets. Simple football rule, but to win games being negative requires delicate balancing:

MKYFSsB.png

What do you mean the 'more negative you are'?

9 hours ago, Footix said:

I was about to create a new topic, but this one will do. 

Could someone please help me with building a defensively solid tactic for OME? What I want to achieve is to have several matches with few shots from both teams. I don't care that much if I win or lose, for now I just want to see it is possible to frustrate the opponent into a 0-0 stalemate. It seems as whatever I do I end up with shots being fired from all over the place, from both sides, and it's driving me mad. I'd much rather win 1-0 than 5-3, but I just can't do it in this game. 

I'm not going to post any of my tactics, because none of them have been anywhere near what I am looking for. Clearly I don't have a clue, so I turn to you for help.. :-)

Looking forward to any replies.

Cheers! 

I'd have a flat back four or five with no BPD or WBs. Then have more defensive (DLP, BWM) or neutral (CM, BBM, WM, DW) midfielders than attacking midfield roles (IF, AP). Also put players in a more defensive position for example move wingers from AML/R to MR/L.

1 hour ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

What do you mean the 'more negative you are'?

The more defensive you set out tactically in order to avoid losing. Whilst on the other hand going for the win and attacking is positive.

On 6 December 2016 at 14:31, Dec said:

EME or OME? What are your player roles of a typical tactic?

Do player roles play different depending on the engine? If so which roles?

3 hours ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

I'd have a flat back four or five with no BPD or WBs. Then have more defensive (DLP, BWM) or neutral (CM, BBM, WM, DW) midfielders than attacking midfield roles (IF, AP). Also put players in a more defensive position for example move wingers from AML/R to MR/L.

Thanks. The problem is that if you go too defensive then the opponent will roll over you. I just lost a game 0-5 when trying a setup as described above. 

Would really appreciate it if anyone could post a working "park the bus" tactic, preferably one that keeps the opponents amount of shots to a minimum. I can't do it.