Challenges The Vikings Cometh

kts365

The Vikings Cometh!

V2_01_07042013_BW_00667.jpg

Flag_of_Norway.svg.png

Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png

swedish-flag-medium.gif

Introduction

Back in the earlier days of Britain our little island nation was subject to many an invasion from foreign lands. This is partly what formed our language and why it is so complex. One such invasion was that of the vikings. These Scandinavian warriors invaded the north east of our lands and made their way inland taking over whatever and wherever they could. This rich history has brought me to a challenge to be created involving these very norsemen(or at least their nations).

The Challenge

Squad Requirements

1. Select a premier league or championship team from the "viking invasion catchment area" (VICA) listed below.
  2. Sell or demote all non-viking (Denmark, Sweden and Norway) players
  3. Build an all viking squad.

The VICA teams.

Spoiler

BPL Teams

Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley, Manchester city, Manchester United

Championship teams

Newcastle, Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Sheffield United, Derby

Conquer England (and Defend it)

1. Win at least 2 premier league titles back to back
  2. Win at least 1 FA cup
  3. Win at least 1 EFL trophy
  4. Win BPL player of the year with any "king" (see special players) three times, can be 3 seperate kings.
  5. Win Golden boot with any "warlord" (see special players) three times can be 3 seperate warlords.

Conquer Europe (and the world)

1. Win the champions league
  2. Win the club World cup
  3. (Optional) Have your "king" win world player of the year
  4. (Optional) defend your champions league title
  5. (Optional) win the Euros managing a viking nation (Sweden, Norway, Denmark)
  6. (Optional) win the world cup managing a viking nation

Special Players

King - Pick any of your players to be king at the beginning of each season. The king must prove he is worthy of his title by being the best player in the land. 

If your king fails to win BPL or Championship player of the year he must be banished (demoted and/or sold). If another of your players wins it he is now king. If not choose a new king.

Warlord - At the beginning of each season pick a warlord who is your master of attack. 

Your warlord must win the BPL or Championship golden boot to prove his attacking prowess. If he fails to do so he is banished (demoted and/or sold).

A player may be both king and warlord but if he fails at either he is banished.

Banished players may never return to your club.

Rules

1. All players used must be Danish, Swedish or Norwegian. 
  2. No unlockables, except favour from the board and place on the board when offered in the career.
  3. No cheating/reloading
  4. Must name your king/warlord before playing a season.
  5. Screenshots as proof of accomplishments, posting a career thread for us to follow is recommended.

Hope you guys like my challenge and make an attempt at it. Thanks for reading.

Edited by kts365
16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

This is freaking spectacular, wow! Seriously one of the best and most creative save ideas i've seen in a long time! 

Thanks mate. I noticed the increasing number of good Scandinavian or norse players and thought I could do a challenge based around them. Then it just snowballed from there. I also liked the idea of an individual player having criteria to meet in your Turkish challenge so incorporated some of that.

Hope you and others get around to trying this.

I need to re-read the rules to make sure I got every detail :) Great idea @kts365

Love the fact that you can pick 'vikings' only as well as the risk of losing a 'king' and/or 'warlord'. Demands carefully planning this one.

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

I need to re-read the rules to make sure I got every detail :) Great idea @kts365

Love the fact that you can pick 'vikings' only as well as the risk of losing a 'king' and/or 'warlord'. Demands carefully planning this one.

It's not as complex as it first looks really, the king/warlord part could trip some up. Picked your best striker for both roles then he gets a 4 month lay off through injury? Tough luck.

Glad you like the challenge though.

Loading a single league (England) with large database generated 115 so called vikings (Danes, Swedes, Norwegians).

Loading multiple ones (England, N.Ireland, Ireland, Wales) with large DB generated a significant larger pool with 175 vikings.

Anyone attempting this challenge is advised to increase the 'viking list' in the transfer market before giving it a go.

On December 14, 2016 at 08:43, Ashez said:

This is freaking spectacular, wow! Seriously one of the best and most creative save ideas i've seen in a long time! 

Typical Ashez, always loves a racist, invasive challenge. 

4 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

Excuse me? Is there any need for this? How exactly is this call for?

The guy is being a total jerk to Ashez on a couple of posts. 

42 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Best of luck with the challenge - Bendtner aka the Lord should be first choice naturally :)

I actually enjoy using bendtner so yeah he will be when I get onto the challenge