Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Coach Development? Can They Improve?

Rumtickler

This dude wants to join me. He'll get to Gold soon enough however I worry he'll take too long to get to 172 CA. 

Any advice? I don't normally employ General coachs but this guy could hit world class. 

Screenshot_20161226-123808.png

Not sure, common sense tells me the more trophies you win the more potential there must be for a coaches CA to improve 

Where did you find that information / menu?

14 minutes ago, Jack said:

Not sure, common sense tells me the more trophies you win the more potential there must be for a coaches CA to improve 

Where did you find that information / menu?

That's from the scout app ;-)

17 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I thought all the gold coaches are as good as each other. I'll be using the scout app for coaches as well from now on....

Oh yes, scout app shows your coach stats. Must have. Swipe left with finger twice. 

50 minutes ago, jaymarvels said:

That's from the scout app ;-)

You know it! Staple purchase along with Fmm17 lol. 

11 hours ago, Alari said:

Not every stat unofficial tools may show you is necessarily valid or relevant.

@Alari So can coaches get better over time or should I just go for Juventus's, and other top teams, coaches. A little clarity on the coaches would be good. It's an area where I very little information is available (and has been the case since FMM16). 

On 27/12/2016 at 11:59, Rumtickler said:

@Alari So can coaches get better over time or should I just go for Juventus's, and other top teams, coaches. A little clarity on the coaches would be good. It's an area where I very little information is available (and has been the case since FMM16). 

Gold is the highest level in FMM. We feel that using a 1-200 CA system would be a bit cumbersome for what is supposed to be a streamlined experience (we don't want to make you have to spend hours sorting out your coaches).

12 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Gold is the highest level in FMM. We feel that using a 1-200 CA system would be a bit cumbersome for what is supposed to be a streamlined experience (we don't want to make you have to spend hours sorting out your coaches).

So just to clarify: although it appears that there are CA/PA values for coaches in the database, these are not actually used by the game? Ie, they are ignored and the game just uses the badge level?

I *think* that's what you're saying but would love to be 100% clear on it. Thanks!

For what it's worth, I'd **love** to have a CA/PA system for coaches (and physios and scouts). I don't think it would take hours to set it up and it would add quite a lot of spice to setting up your backroom staff and make the staff feature much more meaningful. But I may not be your typical user! :)

17 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

So just to clarify: although it appears that there are CA/PA values for coaches in the database, these are not actually used by the game? Ie, they are ignored and the game just uses the badge level?

I *think* that's what you're saying but would love to be 100% clear on it. Thanks!

For what it's worth, I'd **love** to have a CA/PA system for coaches (and physios and scouts). I don't think it would take hours to set it up and it would add quite a lot of spice to setting up your backroom staff and make the staff feature much more meaningful. But I may not be your typical user! :)

They probably contribute to the badge rating + aptitude but the badge level doesn't go above gold.

FM has a lot more stats for staff, but having all those attributes in FMM would probably be a bit much. But who knows what the future may hold. :D

Maybe make more tiers available for coaches rather than having to implement a full CA/PA system?

For example: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond / Elite

You could set it so only very few coaches & managers reach Elite and stagger it down (maybe the way to unlock it for your coaches is a Platinum coaching badge + success / trophy requirement?)

31 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

They probably contribute to the badge rating + aptitude but the badge level doesn't go above gold.

FM has a lot more stats for staff, but having all those attributes in FMM would probably be a bit much. But who knows what the future may hold. :D

Thanks for the answer!

9 minutes ago, Jack said:

Maybe make more tiers available for coaches rather than having to implement a full CA/PA system?

For example: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond / Elite

You could set it so only very few coaches & managers reach Elite and stagger it down (maybe the way to unlock it for your coaches is a Platinum coaching badge + success / trophy requirement?)

I actually think a CA/PA (or even just a CA) system makes sense. In real life a lot of coaches may get the same badge, but they have a wide range of skill level. We don't have only 3 (or 5 in this eg) levels of skill and everyone on the same level is equal. That just seems very artificial to me.

I'd be all for a star rating for coaches, physios and scouts, where we don't know the exact CA/PA level, but have an indication of skill. Maybe we'd discover their star rating when they apply for a job at our club (ie we just interviewed them!). Maybe the star rating for staff at top clubs would be known as they are more widely known in the industry, but not for lower clubs where staff aren't known. If we hired someone without knowing the star rating, we'd learn it after they'd been with the club for a while and if they are bad we'd have to fire them! 

Maybe I need to get a life, but I would so love that in FMM! :)

I personally think staff is overkill in FMM so the simpler they are, the better. Their overall effect on the team seems very marginal, understandably so, and opens it up to "gaming" the system a little. But still feels fiddly in what is supposed to be a streamlined game.