Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Brexit and work permit is stupid

JohnMU

I don't get involved in politics but this Brexit on FMM17 is stupid.

I'm managing in the League of Ireland for nearly a decade now and I can't sign any English players or Canadians players due to work permits not being given its absolutely stupid. Brexit is not even confirmed yet in real life. I appealed like 10 times and it costs 12k each time and it always fails.

I can sign players from Bayern Munich, Barcelona no problem.

Absolutely ridiculous this is

Brexit is a result of a lot of research for all the FM games from politicians and market analysts. It simulates based on probability in the game and I personally think it is a great addition to make each career different.

The simple answer is only sign players who are likely to get work permits. Work permits happen in real life so the Canadian argument is moot as that happens now.

I feel it's pretty realistic and personally feel it's a welcome addition to the game.

The best advice I could give is to start another career as Real Madrid (or any other team with a high transfer budget) and then sign as many players who require work permits as you can in order to unlock the achievement allowing you to turn work permits off.

1 hour ago, Jack said:

The best advice I could give is to start another career as Real Madrid (or any other team with a high transfer budget) and then sign as many players who require work permits as you can in order to unlock the achievement allowing you to turn work permits off.

I think you have to do it with an English team by signing Brazilians/Russians.  There are few, if any, work permit requirements for Spain.  Man United or City are good choices.

I am not a supporter of Brexit in the game to be honest, but it has never posed a real problem for me, as once it took effect I managed to unlock the 'No Work Permit' Achievement pretty quick after Brexit, about 2 and a half years

Just now, veerus said:

I think you have to do it with an English team by signing Brazilians/Russians.  There are few, if any, work permit requirements for Spain.  Man United or City are good choices.

I unlocked work permits by signing EU Nationals

20 hours ago, Dec said:

Brexit is a result of a lot of research for all the FM games from politicians and market analysts.

Like JohnMU I dont talk politics but if we are working off probability rather than fact, I would like to propose that the government will take the dutch stance and allow the signing of any national, EU or otherwise...  there is the same amount of probability and if we are adding none current rules which we are just guessing at the FMM team can add this option as well, then I can sign as many South Americans as I want.

This had to be an option for me, not part of the game out right until it is fact, I think after politians and analysts stated we would not leave the EU, Trump would not win, global financial melt down after the vote etc etc... I am included to take what they say with a pinch of salt anyway.  I just want FMM to be as realistic as possible, so anything that may happen should not be in the game until it has happened, if people want options that are not true to the league as it stands make aspects like these optional or a challenge addition.

33 minutes ago, Ed said:

Like JohnMU I dont talk politics but if we are working off probability rather than fact, I would like to propose that the government will take the dutch stance and allow the signing of any national, EU or otherwise...  there is the same amount of probability and if we are adding none current rules which we are just guessing at the FMM team can add this option as well, then I can sign as many South Americans as I want.

This had to be an option for me, not part of the game out right until it is fact, I think after politians and analysts stated we would not leave the EU, Trump would not win, global financial melt down after the vote etc etc... I am included to take what they say with a pinch of salt anyway.  I just want FMM to be as realistic as possible, so anything that may happen should not be in the game until it has happened, if people want options that are not true to the league as it stands make aspects like these optional or a challenge addition.

The decision to include Brexit was made at the top of the company as a decision for all games. It isn't just FMM but all FM games. Also there is an option where nothing happens and it is as you were in there. However the South American rule is real life so that isn't going to be influenced by Brexit. There is always the No Work Permits unlockable.

I don't see the issue to be honest, it is all probability and Brexit will happen in one form or another and FMM covers this. I like it though, makes the game more random and more of a challenge which FMM needs. It makes careers unique.

33 minutes ago, Ed said:

Exactly Ed, I completely agree with you. I only want to manage only in my home league country 'Republic of Ireland' and I want to guide them to the champions league and build a team that can go as far as possible.

Unfortunately I can't even sign a single UK player from the countries nearest to me is ridiculous!

I understand Decs point it is probably the way it will go, but there is no gaurantee and we could go the dutch route and have no rules for work permits, I am just saying that until we know it should be an option...  plus with the amount of players you can have in the game, which I think is still limited considering I am missing international players like Rob Elliott from my squad, it means you are even more limited for signing players than normal, which is frustrating when its not a real life regulation and I would guess wont be until FMM18 or even FMM19.

8 minutes ago, Ed said:

I understand Decs point it is probably the way it will go, but there is no gaurantee and we could go the dutch route and have no rules for work permits, I am just saying that until we know it should be an option...  plus with the amount of players you can have in the game, which I think is still limited considering I am missing international players like Rob Elliott from my squad, it means you are even more limited for signing players than normal, which is frustrating when its not a real life regulation and I would guess wont be until FMM18 or even FMM19.

The thing is this was an executive decision across all games. It probably should be an option but FMM isn't an isolated case and it is across all the products. We complain when the game is treated different to FM but are now complaining when it is treated the same. It is a lose-lose for the developers. Though the fact is it is highly unlikely we will have no rules for work permits for South Americans considering that isn't part of us leaving the EU. The no rules for work permits for EU players is in the game though.

27 minutes ago, JohnMU said:

Exactly Ed, I completely agree with you. I only want to manage only in my home league country 'Republic of Ireland' and I want to guide them to the champions league and build a team that can go as far as possible.

Unfortunately I can't even sign a single UK player from the countries nearest to me is ridiculous!

Not at all. Canadians need work permits to get into America. That is what Work Permits are. The fact you are complaining about Canada not being allowed in ROI without work permits indicates you don't know what they are properly or what Brexit influences.

Unfortunately this is likely to be a side effect of the Brexit if it occurrs and restricts the movement of workers from the UK to EU (and Vice-versa), as people have mentioned there is an unlockable which removes the requirement for work-permits from the game and without it you can mitigate things somewhat by filtering by players with your local nationality (as you'll find they don't need work permits and there will be a fair few playing elsewhere).

Hi,

Sorry got another brexit question, I havent played the English league yet because of this rule but having read that you can sign 20 or say players to unlock the work-permit option I am going to have a go...  once you unlock that option can you select to activate before starting a new game? 

I was going to start an English game sign loads of players I dont really want, then start properly with the work permit unlockable and do away with the brexit option.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Ed said:

Hi,

Sorry got another brexit question, I havent played the English league yet because of this rule but having read that you can sign 20 or say players to unlock the work-permit option I am going to have a go...  once you unlock that option can you select to activate before starting a new game? 

I was going to start an English game sign loads of players I dont really want, then start properly with the work permit unlockable and do away with the brexit option.

Cheers

Yes once you have unlocked it you can enable it permanently.

2 hours ago, Ed said:

Hi,

Cheers

nope.i am quite happy with it even i suck with workdpermit. but i can sign a lot of english youth...