Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips Hex Editor Tutorial : Managing National Teams

After two days of searching, I've finally found a way to edit a player's current ability (CA) and potential ability (PA). Although it's very complicated, I will still post it here since I'll probably forget about it if I don't write it down. Remember to BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILE, as this method is risky - one wrong value and your save file will be doomed.

So here goes:

1. First, find the player's unique ID (UID) in sortitoutsi.net, convert it to hex, then reverse it (In this tutorial I'll use Luke Shaw as an example. His UID is 29076105, to hex it will be 1BBAA89. Add a zero in front of the hex values if the number of characters is an odd number - Shaw's hexadecimal UID has 7 characters, so I have to write it down as 01 BB AA 89. Reverse it and you have 89 AA BB 01)

2. Open a Hex Editor (I use HxD for Windows, Hex Editor for Android, and Bless for Ubuntu), then use it to open your save file.

01.thumb.png.f9165d0df5e0ffa4ab5689f873ba7def.png

3. Find the player's reverse hex UID (89 AA BB 01), and you will have this:

02.thumb.png.c9be2ced1700d735576bebd981d16917.png

The high-lighted part is the general information of the player, including his club (64 01, his club's ID, is Man Utd's). The one in the red box is the hexadecimal ID (HID) that FMM use, so note it down. (It's E3 17 00 00 for Shaw).

4. Find the HID of the player, as mentioned above. Keep finding until you see this:

03.thumb.png.2a08547e4606248cc7c60bdb3bead8df.png

The right values are always accompanied with a long string of 9A 9C 1E 10 10 blah blah blah.... , so stop searching immediately if you have found something like that. 55 values from the ID, take a note of the 3 values behind (8C 00 9C). That the player's CA and PA, separated by the 00 in the middle. Convert it to decimal and you will see his CA and PA (Shaw's is 140 and 156, respectively).

6. All you have to do now is to edit his CA and PA accordingly. The values are raging from 00 to C8 (0 to 200 in decimal, don't try to exceed that), and CA will have to be lower or equal to PA, otherwise the game will crash.

04.thumb.png.187fceeab01f932425cc45e2260fe872.png

.. I think I've overdone that a little bit.

Anyways, save the file, and you're done!

7. Load the save file in FMM 18 and play as per usual. You will only find some stats differences at first, but if you have the in-game editor (IGE), you will see the results immediately

Before:

Screenshot_20180316-214847.thumb.png.6e031fc224959475b33e60fe007f7f7d.png

After:

Screenshot_20180316-215552.thumb.png.8a8f13992cd3b4ff7eb805fb75b5d546.png

That's how you can edit a player's CA and PA using Hex Editor instead of IGE. Happy hex editing!

P/S: sorry for my bad English grammar, some typos that I overlooked, and my poor writing skills :S

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
Verify some info, also to check for typos and grammar errors.

Remember how you can manipulate your club's reputation using Hex Editor that I mentioned before? Now you can edit competitions' reputation too!

First, find the league's name, then find the value that is 9 values behind the abbreviated name of the competition's name (I used La liga 123 as an example this time)

Screenshot_20180329-101048.thumb.png.f3fc394edef8b774338fe32902ec36cf.png

The high-lighted part (13, because I've already edited it) is the competition's reputaion. Edit it to whatever the number that ranges from 0 to 14, and that's done.

Hi guys, it’s me again. After 2 hectic weeks of study and test, I’m back with the hex editing stuff. Although my writing skills are still borderline horrible, my editing skill are, at least, still improving.

So in this post, I’m going to make a tutorial about how to move a player to another club, with only the Hex Editor! As always, be sure to BACKUP YOUR SAVE FILE, or you will risk screwing it!

Remember the time I posted about how to edit players’ CA and PA, and you can find some information about that player? Turns out, some information are more useful than I anticipated. And now I’ll show you the steps to move that player to another club:

-        First, follow my tutorial about changing player’s CA/PA (which is just a few post away from all this), up until step 3:

01.thumb.png.22e1c42b730b93a216773b6ec7c41d64.png

The player in question is Arthur (Grêmio). I want to move him to Barcelona, since he will joins the club when the summer transfer window opened. I’ve use the previous steps to find his ID (his UID is 19259600, convert to hex we have 125E0D0, reverse it to D0 E0 25 01 to have his hexadecimal ID). The A4 00 part on the screenshot above is his club’s ID, which you can find it using KunAguero’s method (10 values ahead of the club’s full name)

Anyways, here is the important part. Take note of the A9 1A 00 00 part, which is 4 values ahead of his HID (hexadecimal ID). We will call it “secret ID”, or “SID” for now. After writing down the SID somewhere, change the A4 00 part to Barcelona’s ID (5E 03).

-        After changing A4 00 to 5E 03, search for FC Barcelona (careful not to use FC Barcelona B), you will find out something quite intriguing:

02.thumb.png.844beb7e2399ecd6cf63f85a84171028.png

(Again, 5E 03 is the club’s ID, 10 values ahead of the club’s full name. CE 00 00 00 is Ernesto Valverde’s HID, and the 28 00 behind it acts like a separator between him and his players’ SIDs.)

See the FF FF FF FF behind those XX XX 00 00 parts? That is where you put the player’s SID. Replace the nearest FF FF FF FF part with Arthur’s SID (A9 1A 00 00). But the job is not done yet…

Search for Grêmio (you should search for FBPA instead, trust me, it’ll make things much easier):

03.thumb.png.43a9bfe084a90a548bd63f57a129f3b2.png

Arthur’s SID is still there. Now, replace his SID with the last player’s SID (15 54 00 00, I honestly don’t know who he is), then replace the 15 54 00 00 part with FF FF FF FF:

04.thumb.png.29009380f94b50f75fdd40d0627f4f54.png

And you’re done! Now save the edited file, load it in the game, and see the results!

Screenshot_20180402-205708.thumb.png.9a4a1b2e139101914982c6a5d1f362ed.png

Screenshot_20180402-214117.thumb.png.74cf10a33fc463133849b776628562f5.png

So there you have it – a new way to move a player to a desirable club, without spending a penny or use IGE! Imagine what could happen if Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi can play for the same club, or Nicklas Bendtner making a glorious return to Arsenal? If you don’t want to mess with that, you can always use this method for making a save file with transfer update, while waiting for JayMarvel to release his tool (I don't know if he's still working on the tools, so we can only hope). Thanks for reading!

P/S: This method only works with clubs that hasn’t reached 40 player in main squad, otherwise demote some players to the reserve team. And I haven’t tried with loaned players, so feedback is much apprieciated.

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
Adding more images, and fix some typos.
18 hours ago, Ciao776 said:

It still works for fm 21? and the link before doesn't work

The managing national team hex edit still works wonders. Not the link though, as I had request its deletion, since I'd want to rewrite the whole thing.

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
On 15/03/2018 at 03:32, NguyenDucAnh said:

Also, I found out how to edit your team's reputation. First, find the two values that is 31 values behind the team's short name, like in the reply above (It's also right next to the club manager's ID, mine is CA 68). Then reverse the two values' order (for example, Freiburg's reputation is 8B 1C in the save file, reverse it to 1C 8B, the convert to decimal, then you will have 7303, which is the team's reputation). If you want to edit it, find a number you want (ranging from 0 to 10000, I will choose 10000 for example), convert it to hex and reverse it (10000 is 27 10 in hex, swap it to 10 27), then replace your team's repuation with the values you have found (in my case, replace 8B 1C with 10 27). 

Note that 10000 is the maximum limit of a club's reputaion, anything further will likely crash the game.

Screenshot_20180315-092118.png

How do u edit the finances?

On 14/12/2019 at 13:11, Rezco said:

It this still work on manager football mobile 2020? I want to manage indonesia,andorra& ,san marino

Still works, though normally you can only play with Indonesia and Andorra properly.

4 hours ago, Mike16 said:

How do u edit the finances?

I don't have enough time at the moment to explain, but it would require 2 savefiles and a hex editor with compare functions. Simply make a savefile, take all transfer budget to wage budget, save it as another savefile, then compare the two.

3 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Still works, though normally you can only play with Indonesia and Andorra properly.

I don't have enough time at the moment to explain, but it would require 2 savefiles and a hex editor with compare functions. Simply make a savefile, take all transfer budget to wage budget, save it as another savefile, then compare the two.

I see your channel on youtube, maybe you can do a video tutorial? Where do I get the hex editor with compare functions?

14 minutes ago, Mike16 said:

I see your channel on youtube, maybe you can do a video tutorial? Where do I get the hex editor with compare functions?

How so? I don't even have an YouTube channel, or an active one at least.

1 hour ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

How so? I don't even have an YouTube channel, or an active one at least.

Sorry I misread you. I really need to edit the finances, I dunno if you can be of help sooner. I'll be grateful

On 15/03/2018 at 03:32, NguyenDucAnh said:

Also, I found out how to edit your team's reputation. First, find the two values that is 31 values behind the team's short name, like in the reply above (It's also right next to the club manager's ID, mine is CA 68). Then reverse the two values' order (for example, Freiburg's reputation is 8B 1C in the save file, reverse it to 1C 8B, the convert to decimal, then you will have 7303, which is the team's reputation). If you want to edit it, find a number you want (ranging from 0 to 10000, I will choose 10000 for example), convert it to hex and reverse it (10000 is 27 10 in hex, swap it to 10 27), then replace your team's repuation with the values you have found (in my case, replace 8B 1C with 10 27). 

Note that 10000 is the maximum limit of a club's reputaion, anything further will likely crash the game.

Screenshot_20180315-092118.png

How about editing the teams finances?

3 hours ago, Mike16 said:

How about editing the teams finances?

Again with that? Just change the finance in game, save it as another save, then use the compare function as well as converting the desired amount of money to Little Endian hex.

Again with that? Just change the finance in game, save it as another save, then use the compare function as well as converting the desired amount of money to Little Endian hex.

How do I use the compare function?

I've downloaded the editor with compare, so how do I compare it? Which file should be the first and second?

2 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

And secondly, how do I get to see wage budget of a club?

23 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

I'm not sure whether this still works, after all it's from 6 years ago

It still works, national team IDs and nationality IDs stay pretty much the same. Heck, I'm still updating the database using the same old way

On 25/05/2022 at 17:01, NguyenDucAnh said:

Is the financial information editing working with FMM23?

I give it a try but can't change anything!

Edit:

I find my way to the target 🎯

Thanks 👍

Edited by hossamallam
Found the way
10 hours ago, hossamallam said:

Is the financial information editing working with FMM23?

I give it a try but can't change anything!

Edit:

I find my way to the target 🎯

Thanks 👍

I found the transfer budget is changed right but the club got bankrupted !!

That's mean the change doest affect the club financial balance but only the transfer budget!!

Any ideas?!