Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 1KC rules update - Opinions Wanted

Ashez

International Goals  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Goals under your management only counted?

I've noticed some confusion surrounding the goal challenges of late which has got me thinking about updating the 1KC's rules. 

Historically international goals counted during the 1kc regardless of if you were actually managing the team, this was mainly due to the limited number of international teams back then. However as the game has expended we now have many more playable national teams so my question is should the 1kc change to where only goals under your management at ITN level count towards the 1000 goals?

The TT and DT are both under this rule as if you aren't the manager you can't guarantee of the trio/duo are playing together thus missing the point of the challenge. So should all three just go under the same rule of ITN goals only count if you are the manager?

Please vote and discuss your ideas. 

36 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've noticed some confusion surrounding the goal challenges of late which has got me thinking about updating the 1KC's rules. 

Historically international goals counted during the 1kc regardless of if you were actually managing the team, this was mainly due to the limited number of international teams back then. However as the game has expended we now have many more playable national teams so my question is should the 1kc change to where only goals under your management at ITN level count towards the 1000 goals?

The TT and DT are both under this rule as if you aren't the manager you can't guarantee of the trio/duo are playing together thus missing the point of the challenge. So should all three just go under the same rule of ITN goals only count if you are the manager?

Please vote and discuss your ideas. 

This was never fully written in either the DT or TT challenge?

Voted Yes, as i believe that for them to count you should be the national manager that way everyone is in the same boat, this might limit your options as becoming the National manager is near impossible for some nations i.e. Germany but I still think they should only count under your management whether that be Club only or club and International 

1 hour ago, danovic78 said:

This was never fully written in either the DT or TT challenge?

DT was never mine but I'm pretty sure it was agreed in the comments at some point, mustn't have made it to the thread/OP or I'm wrong, I'm not gunna lie all these roles are so muddled in my mind over the years lol. 

The idea of this poll is to try and unify the rules somewhat and to remove all the confusion. 

1 hour ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Voted yes but...there should be a variation for players whose national team isn't available.

How'd that work and be simple though? It was open originally due to how few ITN teams we had but now we have a lot more I'm not sure if this is needed. It unbalances the challenge somewhat, it's black and white if you can only use ITN goals if you're their manager (so if they aren't managerable just a greater challenge etc) but gets iffy if we try and justify the importance, no? It's some advantage to be able to use them from the start even under AI management. 

15 minutes ago, Taff said:

Voted Yes, as i believe that for them to count you should be the national manager that way everyone is in the same boat, this might limit your options as becoming the National manager is near impossible for some nations i.e. Germany but I still think they should only count under your management whether that be Club only or club and International 

I think this is where my view is, lock them behind having to be the manager, if your player doesn't have ITN available that's your choice etc. It's not like people haven't been successful in the past with German's and African's etc. 

Keep the opinions coming, this could impact a lot of us so I want to hear what everyone has to say. 

A 'Yes' from me as well. As managers we pick them, place them in a formation with good teammates, give 'em a things-to-do list on a Post-It note when they run onto the pitch. Every scored goal is credit that you worked for and deserve. Whatever other (AI) managers do is their choice and we shouldn't take credit for that. I wouldn't want to anyway so I never include ITN goals unless I've got the job.

23 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

A 'Yes' from me as well. As managers we pick them, place them in a formation with good teammates, give 'em a things-to-do list on a Post-It note when they run onto the pitch. Every scored goal is credit that you worked for and deserve. Whatever other (AI) managers do is their choice and we shouldn't take credit for that. I wouldn't want to anyway so I never include ITN goals unless I've got the job.

This all the way! Let's update the rules :)

I said yes because by letting AI international goals count it is literally getting the AI to do part of the challenge for you. There is a part of me that says that it does upset the balance when choosing a players because now there is one more variable to consider. I am in favour for a rule change because it won't make too much impact i.e Germans could never get international goals and many African teams are now available so it should remain fair and the player pool should still be large enough for a hidden gem to be uncovered.

I hate change. 

For this reason I voted no.

However I'm still living in fantasy land hoping they release a new PSP version so ignore an old dinosaur like me. (I'm 19 :laugh:

I'LL BUILD A WALL TO MAKE FMH (YES THAT'S IT'S REAL NAME!!!) GREAT AGAIN. 

Edited by anfieldsquirrel

I find that sometimes it's extremely difficult to land the national manager's job for some countries. Countries such as England don't always sack their manager despite what what would be in our eyes a poor performance in a major championship. I've always had the opinion, purely based on observations, that players develop faster when they're involved with the national team. The AI in my eyes contributes to this challenge regardless if we count or don't count goals scored under their management. I also feel that if my work in development & training earns the player a national call up then any contribution that they have in international games has been influenced by me, and therefore deserves to count towards the total.

It's for these reasons I have to vote no. However it should be noted that I haven't ever attempted a 1KC challenge (I am preparing to do one though) so if 1KC veterans are unanimous in agreeing that it should be changed then don't let me stand in your way :P

Edited by Jack

Umm, I don't want to cause any more confusion, but while we're talking about the 1KC rules, maybe we should clear up the unlockables issue.

The rules say: "No preferences/unlockables" but I accidentally used them and, no names or any malice intended, I've seen other people using them too. 

I think the problem is that they look like in-game events rather than unlockables: They asked me to vote on abolishing work permits? Sweet! What's that, my chairman want to know if we should accept more investment? Great, of course we should! But they are really unlockables and according to the rules they shouldn't be used. 

When I was stressing about accidentally using them, @Ashez said it was fine as I'd unlocked them in that save. He should know! But I'm not sure if he was just making me feel better or if that's the genuine position! :) 

But if that's legit, maybe we should update the rules to say "no unlockables unless unlocked in the current save"? Or maybe we vote on it?

Personally, I think it's probably best to not allow them, even if you unlock them in the save, as they can really help complete the challenge. And then what about your next career - the unlockables are already on from the last career right? Do you have to turn them off? 

Anyway, sorry to bring this up, just thought we could make it 100% clear. 

The unlockables are 100% legal if earn't on that save, you earned them so you can use them. They just can't be used at the start of the save or turned on without earning them. I'll admit the wording there in the challenge OP does need updating. 

The unlockables can be a great boost and strategy for the 1kc like trying to earn SD as soon as possible to keep a player in a weaker league etc. It's all apart of the planning process IMO. You can also only earn the unlockables once unless you remove the file to be able to reearn them on a new save. Once unlocked if you start a new save it's a new save so they haven't been earn't so have to be turned off etc. 

Any issues, questions and so on relating to the big three goal challenges please post and we'll get it all outlined now. Many of these challenges are years old and back then we were a smaller community so everyone knew everything which has been taken for granted with rules not being clear and so on. 

@Ashez, what I meant is that you could have a regular 1KC (only goals scored while under your management count) and a variation  of that. Lets name it 1KC Variant (only players whose nation isn't available for management in game).

Whoever wants to do a 1KC only has to state in the career if it's a 1KC or 1KC Variant.

This way, for me, is the fairest because it allows you to pick, let's say, a chinese striker and do a 1KC with him and allowing the ITN goals to count. 

Anyway, my advice for anyone wanting to do a challenge, play it the way you want. In the end you'll either fit the rules and enter the leaderboard or you won't. But the most important thing is for you to have fun while playing it. 

Edited by Archie Graveluth

I say they should only count under your management - when i attempted this with Luis Henrique last year i found that around Jan - Feb his int caps and goals would suddenly jump by 5 or 6 without ever being away on int duty. They were basically free goals that i played no part in achieving.

The feat of achieving a 1k is greater when all the goals only count when you are in charge.

IT appears a decision has been made then, i waited to see if anyone had a counter argument but looks as though people want the challenges to ignore AI management :).