• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics BatiGoal's T.K.O.

BatiGoal

BatiGoal's T.K.O.

Tactical Knock Out 2-2-1-5 Formation for EME

gAoYngJ.png

Before you're going to comment based on your first impression (which I know looks absolutely terrible) please give me a chance to explain, and defend, the craziness up here. Doing my 1KC (scoring 1000 goals) I used this formation for the final 11 seasons of a 16-season career. So it's a pretty well-tested formation and I can say that with the right players it's deadly... at both ends of the pitch :)

It derived from the original 1-2-7 formation that was used during the earliest football days back in the 1860s-1870s. That particular one had zero chance of succeeding in FMM, but with a bit of imagination, tweaks and tests this 2-2-1-5 T.K.O. ('T-shaped' formation) came to life. T.K.O. is a boxing term that stands for Technical Knock Out but my T.K.O. stands for Tactical Knock Out since the idea is to tactically overwhelm the opponent and knock them out with all the attacking prowess up front before they find a working remedy to counter it. Simply put, the idea is to outscore the opponent.

It works for a team with top players. I need the best up front in order to create and score otherwise you're just going to be outscored at the other end. I have tried this tactic with smaller teams but that didn't go very well. I'll look for a 'sister' formation with a similar effect for small teams but pls feel free to tweak or test yourself with any team. Let me know how it goes and I'll offer advice and help with tweaks where needed.

Main Formation

Player Roles and Match Settings

11BrsRD.png

Goals will definitely fall at both ends but I managed to minimize the damage at the back in order to give my 5 forwards enough leverage to score 1 more goal than the opponent does. It's not waterproof and you won't win every game. There's bound to be some heavy losses as well from time to time but there shouldn't be too many. I do manage to outscore opponents on a consistent basis using just a balanced mentality as the formation is set up in a pretty attacking way as it is. Going att. mentality will just make this formation leakier and not add that much more to the attack. Short passing works best with worldclass players who thrive on possession to create and score goals.

Alternative Formation

Player Roles and Match Settings

WyUfK1U.png

If the main formation fails or isn't as effective as you'd hoped for then try these alternative settings. CFs can be inconsistent if you haven't got the perfect player for it so then you could opt for a T. Same goes for a DLF that you can swap for a DF. It really depends on the players you have in your squad as either combination works well. I prefer an AF over a P since they got pace and add a little more to the build ups as well but if your player is a Poacher by nature then that's a good alternative as he'd perform much better and be more effective in his own preferred role. Short passing is perfect but if your players lack a bit of quality in the passing department then opt for 'mixed'. I don't often go 'centre' re passing focus as 'mixed' works well against most opponents but sometimes this alternative will do.

Note. Don't try/tweak all alternative settings all at once. Go for the Main Formation first and if that doesn't work pick 1 alternative option and try those 1 by 1 until your Main Formation becomes more effective. You may ultimately end up using the entire Alternative Formation but I recommend tweaking in small bits in order to pinpoint improvements.

Results

8Bf9AgC.png

It really does work. These are the better seasons I had during my recent career. Many goals conceded I know but you can counter that with scored goals. Lots of scored goals as you can see. Over 100 easy! I did have two 'Invincible' seasons along the way so it's possible not losing a single league game if that's what you like.

Lastly, I came up with this formation after writing an article about old football formations. If you want to create a formation of your own that is anything but mainstream and need ideas or inspiration, may I suggest following this link to Old Football Formations

Hope things work out as it did for me and let me know what your opinions and results are. Goodluck!

30 minutes ago, rseven said:

Yes. In EME, two defenders are enough. We can put more for attacking.

Have you try to put player at dmc position?

I have, but no success. Pls do try yourself tho maybe you have better luck with the right player/roles.

In my case it significantly diminished the attack which I really don't want to take away from as we need to overwhelm the opponent.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I have, but no success. Pls do try yourself tho maybe you have better luck with the right player/roles.

In my case it significantly diminished the attack which I really don't want to take away from as we need to overwhelm the opponent.

OK. I will try next season of my ManUtd save. I will let you know the result and my feedback.

I've tried a 2 5 2 1 formation that worked well, but would occasionally leak goals, so 2 at the back does seem doable (if you have the right 2!). I can't bring myself to put 5 at the front though. That's just crazy! You made it work though, so I guess you came down on the right side of the crazy / genius line. :)

23 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

I've tried a 2 5 2 1 formation that worked well, but would occasionally leak goals, so 2 at the back does seem doable (if you have the right 2!). I can't bring myself to put 5 at the front though. That's just crazy! You made it work though, so I guess you came down on the right side of the crazy / genius line. :)

Hehe I guess so. Hey, I like the 2-5-2-1 you mentioned there. If you manage to control midfield you basically control the game. Don't give up on that one. Try tweaks and different players. You may be sitting on a Gold Mine :)

8 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Hehe I guess so. Hey, I like the 2-5-2-1 you mentioned there. If you manage to control midfield you basically control the game. Don't give up on that one. Try tweaks and different players. You may be sitting on a Gold Mine :)

Personal opinion:

The reason to reduce defender is to add attacking player -> to make more goals. If only dominate midfield but no more goals which is not valuable.

9 minutes ago, rseven said:

Personal opinion:

The reason to reduce defender is to add attacking player -> to make more goals. If only dominate midfield but no more goals which is not valuable.

As is any modification with no more goals, right?

If I manage to dominate midfield then the game is basically ours to lose. We then need to find the best way to create chances for the forwards. Dominating midfield isn't the finished product but it's a very big step towards one, which is why I think Scratch99's 2-5-2-1 could *potentially* work well.

My case is a little special: I want to create more scoring opportunities for a single player, but my testing shows that just creating more opportunities for the team isn't enough. He isn't dominant enough to take a fair share of those chances and the others won't leave much for him. So by adding more to the midfield, more chances come in to the box and there are less people there to take advantage, so he actually scores more.

That's the theory anyway and it seems to work well enough for me.

If I didn't care about creating chances for that particular player, then I think 2 4 3 1 or 2 4 1 3 might work well. I've experimented a (very) little with those when trying to snatch the win at the end and there's promise there. But 2 2 1 5? That's just crazy! ;)

This looks so crazy .. you can only see this crazy tactic if your losing and want to score crazy goals .. 

But I feel so comfortable for it even i didn't test it yet .. sure will give it a try 

So far I'm working on one new tactic and I'm testing it on 3 saves hope it will work so I can share here with you guys 

Thanks for sharing .. thanks for your good work always 

Regards 

9 hours ago, Sousa_XI said:

This looks so crazy .. you can only see this crazy tactic if your losing and want to score crazy goals .. 

But I feel so comfortable for it even i didn't test it yet .. sure will give it a try 

So far I'm working on one new tactic and I'm testing it on 3 saves hope it will work so I can share here with you guys 

Thanks for sharing .. thanks for your good work always 

Regards 

Thanks and welcome. It's crazy but it's fun seeing those goals fly in on both ends :)

58 minutes ago, Taff said:

I Love how mental this looks and can't wait to give it a go for fun

Hey, it's the one I'm going to use for any sort of goal-related challenges hehe! Feel free to test it out.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Hey, it's the one I'm going to use for any sort of goal-related challenges hehe! Feel free to test it out.

Oh yeah? Ok here's one for you. Pick the lowest division in the top 4 leagues. Have a player score 60 goals in a season using that formation! :P (I only say this because you said it doesn't work with bad players)

9 hours ago, veerus said:

Oh yeah? Ok here's one for you. Pick the lowest division in the top 4 leagues. Have a player score 60 goals in a season using that formation! :P (I only say this because you said it doesn't work with bad players)

hehehe!

Building a sister formation. I'll get one for the lower leagues, I have to! :)

@AndersJ

I've had a close look at your players and came to the following conclusions:

• Alisson - Quite average. You need a stronger keeper if you can get one.
  • Juan Jesus - Average positioning. Need much better CB.
  • Manolas - Great!
  • De Rossi - Great! but try as CM instead.
  • Meli - ?
  • Perotti - Good!
  • El Shaarawy - Good!
  • Chavez - ?
  • Dzeko - Lacks pace. Find a striker with pace or use him as a P.
  • Doumbia - Average. Definitely not a DLF. I'd say make him P and sub Dzeko.
  • Florenzi - Good DW, not an IF. You're playing with INTER, where is Barbosa? Barbosa was by far my best player on IF. Top!

Try these suggestion pls. Which leagues have you loaded? I'd like to have a closer look at Meli and Chavez. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, veerus said:

Re: Dzeko. Are you suggesting playing a striker with no Pace at P? I don't get it. 

Dzeko's pace is 13. For an AF that's way too low. For a P that's acceptable. Hence my suggestion.

I'm sorry to derail the tactic discussion (should this be in its own thread?) but I was always of the opinion that the AF needed to be more well-rounded so pace was less important overall compared to the poacher who, according to SI's in-game help bubble, "sits on the shoulder of the last defender looking to break the defensive line and run onto through balls".  To me that says, poacher NEEDS pace (and a lot of it!) whereas AF needs to be way more well rounded (since he "spearheads attacking moves") and less reliant on pace.

My interpretation is different and certainly not only what the bubble says. It's way more than that of course, poachers for example spend a lot of time in the box waiting for chances to come by, Think Pipo inzaghi type, especially in this set up with 5 forwards where they spend most of the time in the opponent's box. Sitting on the last def's shoulder etc. hardly happens since this offensive style pushes them far back into their own half so no real need for pace there. An AF on the other hand, in my set up, spends much less time in the box compared to a P so his pace becomes much more useful, think Fat Ronaldo (unfortunate pun) or Torres types.

I know this formation is extreme but that's exactly why I decided to share it. I know which types of players and roles are best suited since I played it for 11 seasons with a fair amount of goals. Because it's so extreme it only seems to work with real quality players and Dzeko is nothing more than an average Joe. So are Florenzi, Jesus, Alisson, Chavez and Meli no clue and Perotti and El Shaarawy barely make the cut. But I'm trying to help Andersj make it work with his mediocre team so every small improvement helps at this point. It's a challenge tho.

Talking about specific player roles and the differing interpretations everyone here has could make for a good debate tho.

We can make a separate thread but first, I want to clarify.  My question was a general AF vs P question whereas your answer refers specifically to this formation (reasonable since it's the thread for it).  

If we are talking about a more standard formation where you don't have 4 players sitting on the opposing GK's head, would you agree that Pace is much more important to a P than an AF?  So if you have two strikers, one of whom has higher Pace, would you more likely want the more Pacey guy to be a P over AF?

12 minutes ago, veerus said:

We can make a separate thread but first, I want to clarify.  My question was a general AF vs P question whereas your answer refers specifically to this formation (reasonable since it's the thread for it).  

If we are talking about a more standard formation where you don't have 4 players sitting on the opposing GK's head, would you agree that Pace is much more important to a P than an AF?  So if you have two strikers, one of whom has higher Pace, would you more likely want the more Pacey guy to be a P over AF?

Haha this could be a long discussion :)

Short answer, playing a lone striker formation an AF generally does better. Playing 2 or more a P does better. Look they both need pace without question but the formation they're playing in decides which of their strengths they utilize the most. I base my pick on that.

16 minutes ago, veerus said:

For me,

P key attributes is shooting and movement

AF key attributes is dribbling and pace.

Thanks Batigoal - its me who have fooled around, i can see i need way better players now. 

Meli and Chavez WAS good in previous games, both from Boca :)

i loaded france, Portugal and Spain i Think, but why Do you ask :)?

19 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Thanks Batigoal - its me who have fooled around, i can see i need way better players now. 

Meli and Chavez WAS good in previous games, both from Boca :)

i loaded france, Portugal and Spain i Think, but why Do you ask :)?

I asked because I wanted to spy on those two 'unknown' players.

• Meli - A fairly decent CM but I'm afraid he won't hold his own playing a 2-man midfield here.
  • Chavez - I like this dude! He's a P and not CF so I see why he'd struggle but even at 25 I like the collection of 14s on him. Lacks quality to hit the ground running but with proper training and guidance I'd love to see how good he could become. Nice find!

Thanks but now i will start over with another team i Think - Roma dont have det quality from start, it was just to test your tactic - :)

thanks for the help

what the ***** an another fake and worst tactic, i'll never use this tactic again. where your sweet results? this is my mistake or ur mistake? or just my destiny is ****** bad? hahaha idk, every i tried the best tactic on vibe (for eme), it's always never work for me.

ur tactic, @PriZe's tactic, or piggs's tactic with 4-1-1-4 its doesn't work for me.

Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-10-32.png

Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-11-03.png

Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-11-18.png

Edited by BatiGoal
Watch your language pls!
3 hours ago, Wildan Mubarroq said:

what the **** an another fake and worst tactic, i'll never use this tactic again. where your sweet results? this is my mistake or ur mistake? or just my destiny is **** bad? hahaha idk, every i tried the best tactic on vibe (for eme), it's always never work for me.

ur tactic, @PriZe's tactic, or piggs's tactic with 4-1-1-4 its doesn't work for me.

Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-10-32.png

Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-11-03.png

Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-11-18.png

I don't know how many matchs you tried. But this tactics is a very special one. You better try it from pre-season.

And please try to understand the tactics posted by mates. Do not just copy. Adjust it based your team performance on pre-season.

8 minutes ago, rseven said:

I don't know how many matchs you tried. But this tactics is a very special one. You better try it from pre-season.

And please try to understand the tactics posted by mates. Do not just copy. Adjust it based your team performance on pre-season.

i wanna back to ome, dude. i can suicide if still playing with eme.

give me some minutes for add image

Edited by Wildan Mubarroq
idk
14 minutes ago, rseven said:

well, on his description, the player will get good results. but me? draw against Hoffenheim. btw, in last 5 match, i use different tactic.

Screenshot_2017-01-13-10-17-39.png