Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

On 1/28/2017 at 15:32, BatiGoal said:

Ok my dear friends, let's not waste any more time. To repeat Sam's words, congrats to everyone making it to the groups stage. And to repeat my own words, I'm so not impressed with any of your scores except my own :)

Let's get right to it then. First an important reminder of the group you're in and the challenge you'll need to be doing.

Challenge Cup 2017 - Group Stage

CC10GS.png

These are the groups so make sure you do the right challenge :) and if you make it thru the group stage, below you'll see the remainder of the schedule and who you'll possibly be facing until the Grand Final of Challenge Cup 2017 !!

Challenge Cup 2017 - Road to the Final

CC10QSF.png

No surprises for anyone. This is what the road to the final is going to look like.

Group Stage Challenges

Group A - Valencia Welcomes Munir

VALchallenge1.png

Valencia are no longer a team that can compete for the title in La Liga. They've had very mixed results in the past decade but you're going to put that to a halt. The player who's going to play a central role in its revival is loanee Munir (FC Barcelona). However, Munir is far from a complete striker so, apart from you as a father figure on the sidelines and training ground, he'll need someone to guide him on the pitch as well. The strikers already at the club don't make particularly great partners as they lack certain qualities to complement Munir.

• Alex Blanco (too inexperienced and lacks overall quality)
  • Alberto Gil (lacks power and too selfish a player)
  • Nani (poor teamwork and unlikely to win many aerial duels)
  • Rodrigo (too weak and not prolific enough for the job)
  • Alvaro Negredo (good on his day but past his prime)

The Challenge: Demote/release/sell these 5 useless lot and buy/loan 1 replacement only. Someone who is strong, someone with aerial presence, someone with experience, someone who will act as Munir's Mentor on the battleground and possesses all the essential qualities Munir is lacking.

Requirements of Munir's Mentor:

• Position: Forward
  • Aerial: 15+
  • Strength: 15+

Only 1 transfer/loan allowed. You may also seek for additional squad improvements in Valencia's B team (real players only!). Valencia have not qualified for Europe which means there are extra points to be earned for domestic success. This "Double Trouble" team Munir + Mentor's goals will count as 1 bonus point each.

Group B - AC Milan Forever

ACMchallenge1.png

AC Milan are one of the most successful teams in Europe. The '90s team is seen by many as one of the most dominant and best ever. Players such as Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, Ancelotti, Albertini, Donadoni, Rijkaard, Gullit, v.Basten. Legends of the club. However, there is currently very little left of the 90s team, quality-wise, and the loyal fans are deeply saddened by the sporting downfall of their beloved club and desperately need any sort of silverware. Most recent one dating back to the 2010-11 season, Serie A champions.

The Challenge: Rebuild a new AC Milan that is going to last for the next decade. Its future and the Rossoneri spine:

• Gianliugi Donnarumma (GK) 17yo
  • Alessio Romagnoli (CD) 21yo
  • Manuel Locatelli (CM) 18yo
  • M'Baye Niang (ST) 21yo

Demote/release/sell all players that exceed 23yo. Refill the squad with as many (sub)23yo as you desire either transfering in/on loan or from your Reserves team (real players only!). Your 'spine' is going to be absolutely crucial to this challenge. Since AC Milan aren't playing in Europe there's going to be extra points rewarded for domestic success. All your so called spine's assists and goals will count for 1 bonus point each.

Group C - Why Always Mario?

NICEchallenge1.png

OGC Nice haven't smelled success in a long time. Ligue 2 champions (4x) and Ligue 1 champions (4x) their most recent success dates back two decades ago, in 1997, Coupe de France winners. This has been too long and the fans are becoming increasingly frustrated, hence your appointment to bring this former French champions much needed glory.

The Challenge: You're going to take charge of OGC Nice and Mario Balotelli is going to be your talisman. This man has something to prove to the world in both the French Ligue 1 and the Europa League. However, Mario is a very difficult boy and so he's come to you with a demand. Having just arrived in France he needs support from a familiar corner and has asked you to strengthen the squad with more players he shares a common background with. Mario himself is Italian with Ghanaian as his second nationality.

• Younes Belhanda
  • Ricardo Pereira
  • Anastasios Donis

These three players are on loan and deemed redundant after Mario's demands. End their loan spell, sending them back to their respective clubs, and boost the squad with up to 3 Ghanaian/Italian players only, or alternatively with players from the OGC Nice Reserves (real players only!). Here's the major twist tho, if these 3 'helpers' score an Av.Rating of 7+ (only valid if played in 51% of the games) these become bonus points. Do they score lower than 7 (valid after 1 game) they become minus points. Clear case of Risk vs Reward. 'Helpers' >7 ratings combined/minus <7 ratings plus Balotelli's scored goals (1p/goal) count as bonus points.

Group D - From "Neverkusen" to Leverkusen

BLchallenge2.png

Bayer Leverkusen have never been crowned German champions but have come very very close earning a series of 4!! runner-up finishes from 1997 to 2002. The finishes of 2000 and 2002 in particular were heart-breaking for supporters as on both occasions the team had the Bundesliga title within its grasp. In 2000, Leverkusen needed only a draw against Unterhaching to win the title, but an own goal by Michael Ballack helped send the team to a crushing 2–0 defeat. Two years later the club surrendered a 5-point! lead by losing two of its last three matches while B. Dortmund swept ahead with three consecutive victories. This 2002 season has been dubbed the "Treble Horror", as Bayer Leverkusen weren't only beaten to the tile, but also in the German Cup final (2-4) and the UEFA CL final (1-2). This led to some of the media dubbing them "Neverkusen".

The Challenge: Leverkusen have a fantastically well-balanced team with a lot of creative forces and murderous finishers and you certainly do not want to disappoint the fans again after what they've been through. Your job is going to be to find the new Dynamic Duo that's going to bring success, maybe in the form of a title, in the Bundesliga and Champions League.

Your Creators:

• Julian Brandt
  • Karim Bellarabi
  • Kevin Kampl

Your Finishers:

• Javier Hernandez
  • Kevin Volland
  • Stefan Kießling

Pick 1 creator and 1 finisher. This is Leverkusen's Dynamic Duo. The other 4? Get rid of them. No need for rivalry within the team so demote/release/sell them and strengthen your squad with as many transfers in or loans as you feel is necessary. Keep a positive bank balance tho. Your creator's assists (1p) and finisher's goals (1p) count as bonus points.

Remember. These challenges are for a single season only

Points System:

• League Points +/- Goal Difference - Add or minus your goal difference from the points received in the league.
  • 2 points for each league position (max. points may vary per league)
  • 2 points for each round passed in domestic cup
  • 2 points for each round passed in European cup
  • + bonus points (varies per challenge)

Rules:

• All challenges must be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and BatiGoal included in it.
  • Have fun! This *is* a rule :)

Deadline: Saturday 4th February, 3pm GMT.

If you have any questions about the challenges pls do ask. Otherwise, get cracking!

Goodluck!

Since I've ruled myself out, let me try the Munir challenge, I'll be posting how well i do here.

2 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Just submitted mine. Oh the joy of the EME....;)

Is it easier than OME? I know everyone says it's harder but if you know what you're doing I've found the EME easier club/success wise than OME

Well, to be honest my experience is only two seasons so I couldn't really pass comment at the moment.

Its just too ugly to play! Ha, Ha...

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Is it easier than OME? I know everyone says it's harder but if you know what you're doing I've found the EME easier club/success wise than OME

if you know what you are doing than both engines are fine to create succes. Thats the whole point of the game... know what to do :P 

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

if you know what you are doing than both engines are fine to create succes. Thats the whole point of the game... know what to do :P 

Well I managed to win the Champs League with Leverkusen so it must be easy with my limited knowledge or is that supreme managerial skills?? :unamused:

Still won't be enough to get through though I don't think.

15 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Well I managed to win the Champs League with Leverkusen so it must be easy with my limited knowledge or is that supreme managerial skills?? :unamused:

Still won't be enough to get through though I don't think.

That's all you :D not getting through as well :P

22 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Apparently, some people take it up as a coaching course.....the EME helped with 'studying' games

7 minutes ago, RealHaks said:

Apparently, some people take it up as a coaching course.....the EME helped with 'studying' games

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I can give some courses on EME and OME :P

Edited by PriZe
33 minutes ago, Jack said:

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I probably won't be submitting till late Thursday or Friday...

Damn :laugh:

added 0 minutes later
24 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Nope, that's what you keep telling yourself ;)

You <3 me

41 minutes ago, Jack said:

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I probably won't be submitting till late Thursday or Friday...

It takes you that long to restart your saves until you get the results you want? Dammmn ;)

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I only now realised Brandt's 11 goals won't be taken into account for bonus goals O_o

Same here. I picked Kampl but his 14 goals won't count either :'(