Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Let's get straight to it then..

Challenge Cup 2017

- The Group Stage Results -

Group A - Valencia Welcomes Munir Challenge - where Real_Random, Muzza2108, Joewins and CaptDenholm battled it out for two places in the Quarter-finals. Muzza2108 decided to get Salomon Rondon as Munir's Mentor and managed to score a combined 41 goals with the pair with a sweet 2nd place with Valencia. Joewins went for an Anthony Modeste/Munir partnership and scored a combined 51 goals + winning the Coppa Del Rey. CaptDenholm also opted for a Modeste/Munir duo and scored 47 goals with a 3rd spot finish with Valencia. Real_Random kept things really exciting sending his results last. He made Valencia champions and his striking force Munir/Meier scored a stunning 63 goals.

RgroupA.png

Group B - AC Milan Forever Challenge - In this group it was a hard-fought battle between PriZe, Robbrown172, Jack and RealHaks. Prize sent his results in first and set the bar rather high. He made AC Milan champions with ease and scored a sweet Goal Difference of +47. His spine killed it with an insane 78 bonus points. Robbrown172 made AC Milan champions as well and his spine scored a solid 46 bonus points and a nice Goal Difference of +40. RealHaks tried his very best making AC Milan champions but failed to lift them higher than a 3rd place finish. His spine scored only 28 points with a Goal Difference of +9. And finally Jack, due to unfortunate circumstances decided to leave the Cup along with his best wishes for his group buddies.

RgroupB.png

Group C - Why Always Mario Challenge - A fight between HashtagTatica, Nicolol, Taff and samhardy. HashtagTatica missed the deadline for unknown reasons and scored therefore 0 points. Taff squeezed a lovely 33 goals out of Balotelli with his helpers adding another 22 to his total. Nicolol also scored 33 goals with Mario and his helpers collected only 7 points. But he did make OGC Nice French champions adding some extra bonus points to his total. Samhardy also made Nice the best in France and his Mario netted 45 goals with his helpers adding another 8 bonus points to his total.

RgroupC.png

Group D - From Neverkusen To Leverkusen Challenge - That's a group with Thepremiermanager, danovic78, Jens and myself. I sent in my results first and went for a Kampl/Chicharito tandem. They scored a combined 65 bonus points with an additional 18 points for making Leverkusen German champions. Jens finished on a very respectable 2nd spot with Leverkusen earning him 16 points with his Brandt/Volland duo adding another 39 to his total. Thepremiermanager failed to submit results in time giving the other 3 group members more chance to progress. And finally danovic78 who struggled with the sluggish speed of the EME on his device but managed a 2nd place finish in the Bundesliga with his Kampl/Volland partnership scoring a fine 45 bonus points for him.

RgroupD.png

Congratulations to all that have progressed to the Quarter Finals. Well done lads!! And for those who just missed out, hope you enjoyed the ride and that the experience made you a wiser manager. Hope to see you guys in the next Challenge Cup.

Challenge Cup 2017

- The Quarter Finals -

CC10QSFgames.png

This is the road to the final. It may not seem like a very long one but believe me folks, it's going to get a whooole lot tougher from this point on. Samhardy and myself will make sure of that. Samhardy will post the Quarter Final challenges for everyone tomorrow. So with that make sure you enjoy a well-deserved rest and see you all at the next challenge. Cheers lads!!

Wish you the best of luck @PriZe @Robbrown172 Do group B proud.

Will try out the challenges though, never thought fmm could be played this way.

8 minutes ago, RealHaks said:

Will try out the challenges though, never thought fmm could be played this way.

Glad you feel this way, mate. If it wasn't for this community and the great people here I wouldn't enjoy the game this much. I like your attitude. Keep trying and keep playing these sort of challenges. You'll improve real quick and will do better in the next Cup I'm sure.

57 minutes ago, Scott said:

Jens :'(

Ikr. Made a nooby error in picking Brandt. Should've chosen experience. Ah well. I've always shied away from challenges so I'm not completely disappointed 

Well I'm very chuffed to make it through a very close run contest between myself and @Nicolol not surprised that @samhardy ran away with it

but what's my reward for making it through   a quarterfinal face off with @BatiGoal 

oh well it's been a fun ride guys :D

Edited by Taff
12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

B team stand for broken record? Yawn

Indeed like my record breaking amount of points with which i progressed... 

now go and screw up your hulk hogen save :P

added 0 minutes later
8 minutes ago, Taff said:

Well I'm very chuffed to make it through a very close run contest between myself and @Nicolol not surprised that @samhardy ran away with it

but what's my reward for making it through   a quarterfinal face off with @BatiGoal 

Good luck on that one m8! :D

4 hours ago, Taff said:

No no no don't try putting yourself in the underdawwwg position, I've seen your careers, mate, you can't fool this dude.

Btw, big congrats to all 8 but I also wish to offer my sincere apologies to @Muzza2108, @PriZe and @Taff for being on the absolute worst side of the draw. Sorry people. :laugh::laugh:

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

No no no don't try putting yourself in the underdawwwg position, I've seen your careers, mate, you can't fool this dude.

Btw, big congrats to all 8 but I also wish to offer my sincere apologies to @Muzza2108, @PriZe and @Taff for being on the absolute worst side of the draw. Sorry people. :laugh::laugh:

Well i feel that i am in good company, one of us will knock-out one of the co-host :)

53 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Well i feel that i am in good company, one of us will knock-out one of the co-host :)

Hmm are you still offering your services as a motivational speaker. Good, you got yourself a job already once you exit the Cup :)

28 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Hmm are you still offering your services as a motivational speaker. Good, you got yourself a job already once you exit the Cup :)

Oh i don't mind going out of the cup, if @Taff or @Muzza2108 knock you out. All for the greater good :P

17 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

@PriZe i think this year's challenge cup is yours mate . 

Looking forward to seeing how you perform ?

Thanks for the vote of confidence m8 :) but the challenges will get harder and harder not to mention all the great competition

59 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If Sam and Bati meet in the final I wanna create the challenge :D 

Funny that myself and @BatiGoal came to the same conclusion earlier!

Challenges won't be that much longer.

Edited by samhardy

I think there should be challenge based upon conceding less goals .

6 minutes ago, PriZe said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: i would give up my final place (if i get there) just to see this :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Really???

Challenge Cup 2017 - Quarter Finals

Hello and welcome to the quarter finals of the 2017 Challenge Cup, after some intense battling over the last week we have our eight quarter finalists. Congratulations to the aforementioned eight, you are rewarded with a tough battle against an opponent just as hungry for success as you are. Here is how the draw is shaping up:

CC10QSFgames.png

Some interesting matches for sure, nobody is safe now as we reach the head to head part of the tournament.

So far we've traversed around Europe, from Turkey to France, from Milan to Valencia. The tour of Europe continues this round as England makes its first appearance of the tournament alongside, for the second time, Germany. But don't get too comfortable, you won't be going anywhere near the likes of Chelsea or Bayern as the difficulty levels begin to ramp up.

Enough of the introduction though, the challenge is quite similar for each pair, with two matches taking place in the English Championship and the other two in the German Second Division. The challenge:

• Take control of the team you have been allocated below
  • Each pair will have to build a squad who's surnames all begin with a vowel ( A,E,I,O,U :P )
  • You will have to get rid of each player who's surname does not start with a vowel
  • Replace these players with signings who's surnames start with a vowel. Players with one name starting with vowels are allowed. Players with three names will be allowed if their second or third name starts with a vowel
  • You are allowed one wildcard player (can be bought or already at the club). This player's surname does not need to start with a vowel. This particular player's goals and assists combined will count as bonus points.

Whilst this does sound tough, it's a nice squad building challenge. As tough as it is however the challenge doesn't end there. 

At these three dates in the season, you must demote the player from your squad with the highest average rating, never to be used again:

• October 1st
  • January 1st
  • April 1st

Note: Your wildcard player is exempt from this rule and does not need to be demoted. If there is a situation where the wildcard player has the best average rating, the player with the second best average rating will need to be demoted.

Don't get too comfortable with who you think your best players are!

The Teams

Real_Random v Robbrown172

150px-TSV_1860_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

1860 Munich (München Lions)

samhardy v danovic78

BadgeAston_Villa.png

Aston Villa

PriZe v Muzza2108

180px-Logo_1_FC_Kaiserslautern.svg.png

FC Kaiserslautern

BatiGoal v Taff

BadgeBristol_City.png

Bristol City

Remember. These challenges are for a single season only

Points System:

• League Points +/- Goal Difference - Add or minus your goal difference from the points received in the league.
  • 2 points for each league position (max. points may vary per league)
  • 2 points for each round passed in domestic cup
  • + bonus points (Goals + assists from wildcard player combined)

Rules:

• All challenges must be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and BatiGoal included in it.
  • Have fun! This *is* a rule :)

Deadline: Sunday 12th February, 11:59pm GMT.

Best of luck to all and if you have any questions, please ask.