Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

@Taff let's bring Bristol City to new heights, mate. As I did pretty well with Leverkusen I'm disappointed not to get a German team. Bristol City?? I know absolutely zero from this team... Now lemme get my Alphabet Chart and have a crack at this :)

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Holly hell what a challenge this ones going to keep me up all night

Good thing the Superbowls on

@BatiGoal let the battle commence

Don't forget to send me your results ASAP so I can have a peek :laugh:

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

What a challege.... :O i need to sell 90% of my squad haha oh my...

You're such a limited manager you. If this makes you choke already I suggest you throw in the towel right now. Give up, mate!

I'm cruising it at the moment with Bristol City. ;)

:S

52 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You're such a limited manager you. If this makes you choke already I suggest you throw in the towel right now. Give up, mate!

I'm cruising it at the moment with Bristol City. ;)

:S

LOL, you would love to see me throw in the towel:laugh: 

3 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Nice challenges. Looking forward to seeing who (Taff) does well and who (Bati) crashes and burns! ;)

Hate to disappoint my fans but this is not going well and I haven't really started yet?

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

Challenge Cup 2017 - Quarter Finals

Hello and welcome to the quarter finals of the 2017 Challenge Cup, after some intense battling over the last week we have our eight quarter finalists. Congratulations to the aforementioned eight, you are rewarded with a tough battle against an opponent just as hungry for success as you are. Here is how the draw is shaping up:

CC10QSFgames.png

Some interesting matches for sure, nobody is safe now as we reach the head to head part of the tournament.

So far we've traversed around Europe, from Turkey to France, from Milan to Valencia. The tour of Europe continues this round as England makes its first appearance of the tournament alongside, for the second time, Germany. But don't get too comfortable, you won't be going anywhere near the likes of Chelsea or Bayern as the difficulty levels begin to ramp up.

Enough of the introduction though, the challenge is quite similar for each pair, with two matches taking place in the English Championship and the other two in the German Second Division. The challenge:

• Take control of the team you have been allocated below
  • Each pair will have to build a squad who's surnames all begin with a vowel ( A,E,I,O,U :P )
  • You will have to get rid of each player who's surname does not start with a vowel
  • Replace these players with signings who's surnames start with a vowel. Players with one name starting with vowels are allowed. Players with three names will be allowed if their second or third name starts with a vowel
  • You are allowed one wildcard player (can be bought or already at the club). This player's surname does not need to start with a vowel. This particular player's goals and assists combined will count as bonus points.

Whilst this does sound tough, it's a nice squad building challenge. As tough as it is however the challenge doesn't end there. 

At these three dates in the season, you must demote the player from your squad with the highest average rating, never to be used again:

• October 1st
  • January 1st
  • April 1st

Note: Your wildcard player is exempt from this rule and does not need to be demoted. If there is a situation where the wildcard player has the best average rating, the player with the second best average rating will need to be demoted.

Don't get too comfortable with who you think your best players are!

The Teams

Real_Random v Robbrown172

150px-TSV_1860_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

1860 Munich (München Lions)

samhardy v danovic78

BadgeAston_Villa.png

Aston Villa

PriZe v Muzza2108

180px-Logo_1_FC_Kaiserslautern.svg.png

FC Kaiserslautern

BatiGoal v Taff

BadgeBristol_City.png

Bristol City

Remember. These challenges are for a single season only

Points System:

• League Points +/- Goal Difference - Add or minus your goal difference from the points received in the league.
  • 2 points for each league position (max. points may vary per league)
  • 2 points for each round passed in domestic cup
  • + bonus points (Goals + assists from wildcard player combined)

Rules:

• All challenges must be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and BatiGoal included in it.
  • Have fun! This *is* a rule :)

Deadline: Sunday 12th February, 11:59pm GMT.

Best of luck to all and if you have any questions, please ask.

Thank goodness i didn't make it to this round, this challenge is super hard....best of luck @PriZe @Robbrown172

40 minutes ago, Jack said:

What a fantastic challenge, deeply regretting my decision to withdraw now :laugh:

Come on @PriZe @Robbrown172 lads (yes I'm going to keep tagging you :D) #TeamGroupB

Haha well i just had my first glance at the team... you won't regret it then :laugh: #TeamGroupB

added 0 minutes later
39 minutes ago, Muzza2108 said:

@PriZe no worries for you this round pal I'm struggling big style ?

We're screwed:laugh: all comes down which of us screws it up less haha

3 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Nice challenges. Looking forward to seeing who (Taff) does well and who (Bati) crashes and burns! ;)

:'(

If there ever was a time my huge following needed to break their silence and speak up it's right about now..

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

My wildcard player is off to an absolute flyer!

Coming from a Sunderland supporter that would translate to as little as 1goal / 10 games ratio. Things are looking colourful for you @danovic78

11 hours ago, Taff said:

Hate to disappoint my fans but this is not going well and I haven't really started yet?

*Shhh don't tell anyone*

(In one of those over-compensatingly loud voices) GLAD ALL IS GOING WELL MATE. GOOD LUCK WITH THE SCORE! ;)

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

:'(

If there ever was a time my huge following needed to break their silence and speak up it's right about now..

Sorry dude, just feeling bitter I didnt get to finish my season on time.

Finished it yesterday and reckon I was around the 200 point mark! Volland and Bellerabi got 60 between them and that was with a 2 month lay-off for my creator. Also got stiched up in the Champs League semi v Real - 35 shots to their 4 over 2 legs (and a disallowed goal) and I still lose 1-0 on aggregate. Something dodgy going on. :'(

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Coming from a Sunderland supporter that would translate to as little as 1goal / 10 games ratio. Things are looking colourful for you @danovic78

Very true, I'm not worried although I don't think I can handle many more games like this...

7e6c7ea0-1606-4a5b-9f38-d116409c675c_zps

Edited by danovic78
36 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Very true, I'm not worried although I don't think I can handle many more games like this...

7e6c7ea0-1606-4a5b-9f38-d116409c675c_zps

You missed a spot :laugh:

16 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Great stuff @danovic78 but I would be worried about my wildcard if I were you :P

I am more worried about injuries with my threadbare squad. :'(

Did you have any luck shifting the high priced strikers? I cant even get a nibble for them?

1 hour ago, danovic78 said:

I am more worried about injuries with my threadbare squad. :'(

Did you have any luck shifting the high priced strikers? I cant even get a nibble for them?

Not really, the midfield raised most of the money

22 minutes ago, Taff said:

OK finally got the squad sorted and have the season started and it's going pretty well so far

so watch your back @BatiGoal I'm there somewhere maybe too far back to see but I'm there 

You're right. Can't see you. lol

I'm approaching March already so I'm nearly done with this pretty tough ride. Bit of a mixed bag tbh I'm not entirely satisfied but won't be selling my skin cheap either, my friend. :D

Quick question 

With regards to getting rid of your player with the highest AVG RAT what happens if you have more than 1 with the same rating?

I.E. Below

58989be124ab5_IMG_04561.thumb.PNG.82976963640991d9a839e9f0e315e5c8.PNG