Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

This is why you aren't going to win :laugh: You shouldn't be happy to be compared with anyone!

I guess we'll find out if the comparisons are true when the challenges are finally posted. At least I don't have your record of being host 4 times and never winning:P. Plus if you win I'm sure @PriZe will have a great Blatter meme for you.

That's a good point tho @Real_Random just imagine if Sam and myself end up in the final. Which is more than likely, btw but the whispers of match-fixing will be heard around the entire community. That's something that's been in my head since the start and has deeply affected my motivation to give a 100% Vs PriZe. 

Spoiler

Like I give a f:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Final pep talk to all semi finalists! 

Seriously?:laugh:

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

That's a good point tho @Real_Random just imagine if Sam and myself end up in the final. Which is more than likely, btw but the whispers of match-fixing will be heard around the entire community. That's something that's been in my head since the start and has deeply affected my motivation to give a 100% Vs PriZe. 

Reveal hidden contents

Like I give a f:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: matchfixing won't even help you. 

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I guess we'll find out if the comparisons are true when the challenges are finally posted. At least I don't have your record of being host 4 times and never winning:P. Plus if you win I'm sure @PriZe will have a great Blatter meme for you.

And if it wasn't for me we wouldn't be currently waiting for the challenges. In fact 0 of these tournaments would have taken place :P

24 minutes ago, samhardy said:

And if it wasn't for me we wouldn't be currently waiting for the challenges. In fact 0 of these tournaments would have taken place :P

Well you got to give the man some credit :) i think 2nd place in the tournament is enough credit :P

Sorry for the delay guys.. Couldn't access the site on the comp for hours and PMs just work now.. I'll try to post via the phone instead.

Challenge Cup 2017

- CC10 -

Welcome to the Semi-Finals of the Challenge Cup 2017. A big congratulations to the 4 managers who have conquered their challenges and made it this far. Now only one challenge and one rival manager stand between you and the final. Let's not waste any time further and have a look at the road to the CC10 final for our remaining contestants:

CC10QSFmatchupsNEW.png

Two really mouthwatering match-ups that will determine our eventual finalists. But first let's have a closer look at these 4 remaining contestants and what they have achieved on the way to the final 4.

1. Real_Random - 4th in the qualifying round with 151 pts. Topped Group A in the Valencia Welcomes Munir Challenge finishing above his runner-up by 11 pts. Knocked out Group B runner-up Robbrown172 in the quarter-finals to keep his Cup dreams alive.

2. Samhardy - 1st in the qualifying round with 179 pts. Topped Group C in the Why Always Mario Challenge finishing above his runner-up by 24 pts. Knocked out Group D runner-up danovic78 in the quarter-finals to secure his last 4 spot.

3. PriZe - 2nd in the qualifying round with 164 pts. Topped Group B in the AC Milan Forever Challenge finishing above his runner-up by 42 pts. Knocked out Group A runner-up Muzza2108 in the quarter-finals to earn his S-final ticket.

4. BatiGoal - 3rd in the qualifying round with 157 pts. Topped Group D in the From Neverkusen To Leverkusen Challenge finishing above his runner-up by 41 pts. Knocked out Group C runner-up Taff in the quarter-finals to secure his place in the semi's.

Looking at their numbers and achievements I think we can say that we are left with 4 very strong managers. The 4 best qualifiers. All 4 former group heads. All have beaten runners-up from other groups and are now facing one another. This is going to be EPIC!

Do you dare making any predictions on the outcome of these S-finals or eventual winner? Real_Random? The silent machine who knows no stopping? Samhardy? The not so silent machine, but who does back his words up with numbers? PriZe? The Gentleman Panda Bear who's got little regard for names or legends but brings results to the table every single time? BatiGoal? Will the home advantage work in his favor? We'd love to hear your predictions.

Back to the business side of things and on to the semi-finals challenge for these 4 dreamers.

EVOchallenge.png

An Evolution Challenge needs an Evolution Squad. And an Evolution Squad needs an Evolution Manager. Someone who is able to create a team out of players of all ages and get the best out of the entire squad. You!

The Evolution Squad

An Evolution Squad is a squad that consists of all players having a unique age. No players have the same age as any other in the entire squad. Duplicates will need to be removed from the squad in order to maintain an Evolution Squad.

The Challenge Rules

• Build your Evolution Squad with real players only!
  • Demote/Sell as many players as you like in order to build your squad with unique ages. 
  • Provide 2 screenshots after each transfer window as proof.
  • A screenshot must be taken after the summer transfer window 1st. September.
  • Players get older so by the time you reach the end of the calendar year chances are you have players with the same age in your squad. Demote/Sell one/all (if any) duplicates and use the January window to restore your Evolution Squad.
  • A screenshot must be taken after the winter transfer window 1st. February.
  • Both screenshots must show a full squad of unique ages. Any duplicates and your challenge is over!

Twist 1

On your first day in office your assistant manager provides you with a team report stating the following:

• Strongest Defender
  • Strongest Midfielder
  • Strongest Forward

However, you have come to learn that your ass.manager was strongly against bringing you in for the job and see this as an attempt to undermine your authority. To assert yourself as The Boss you decide to demote/sell these three and never use them in this challenge at any time. A screenshot of this trio must be presented as proof.

Twist 2

The oldest & youngest player in the squad must be Forwards. This is your "Father & Son" pairing and these two will form (part of) your offensive line. Their combined goals will count as bonus points.

• Bonus pts: Father & Son combined goals

The Match-Ups

SFlogopack.png

Points System:

• League Points +/- Goal Difference - Add or minus goal difference from your points in the league.
  • 2 points for each league position (1st=20pts, 2nd=18pts, 3rd=16pts etc.)
  • 2 points for each round passed in domestic cup.
  • + bonus points; Father & Son combined goals.

General Rules:

• The challenge must be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • The challenge comes with a deadline, and the deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Real players only. Grey/Fake players NOT allowed!
  • PriZe will need to send his results to samhardy, and Real_Random to BatiGoal.
  • Have fun! This *is* a rule :)

Remember. These challenges are for a single season only

Needed Screenshots

1. Screenshot of your strongest players in the team report.
  2. Screenshot of entire squad's age after summer window on 1st. September.
  3. Screenshot of entire squad's age after winter window on 1st. February.
  4. Screenshots of both Father & Son goal tally.
  5. + all regulars (League Table, Last Cup Match, Manager Profile)

Deadline: Saturday, 18th February at 11:59pm GMT

Best of luck to all and if you have any questions, please ask.

10 minutes ago, Taff said:

Well good luck guys all I can say is thank god I didn't get through what a challenge 

:S

I'm just too busy today so I won't start until tomorrow.

Btw anyone could give it a go and see how well/ badly it goes. ;)

I'm ok I think I'm going to take a FMM break for now. I have the week off with my daughter so it's a good time to put the game away for a bit.  Good luck guys and I look forward to catching up next week

2 hours ago, Taff said:

I'm ok I think I'm going to take a FMM break for now. I have the week off with my daughter so it's a good time to put the game away for a bit.  Good luck guys and I look forward to catching up next week

No breaks for me. Can't wait to do some challenges on OME actually. 

Solid challenge there. Really lloking forward to seeing how it goes.

Predictions: 

@Real_Random v @samhardy - very close match up with two great players but Sam's been scoring well and I can't see that changing now. Sam to win by 25 points.

@PriZe v @BatiGoal - Even harder to call for me. The Panda Bear that can bulldozer his way to scoring big bonus points or the thinking man's manager, capable of the master plan that will secure victory. I think the planner will edge this one so Batigoal to win by 15 points.

@Thepremiermanager the difference could be a small as 10 or so pts so I gotta make sure I get the details right and treat every game in the season like a final. I'm not too worried tho. He's disappeared since I posted the challenge. He knows it's game over for him. ;)

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

@Thepremiermanager the difference could be a small as 10 or so pts so I gotta make sure I get the details right and treat every game in the season like a final. I'm not too worried tho. He's disappeared since I posted the challenge. He knows it's game over for him. ;)

You wish sucka :P nah man the little one isn't having her day so am pretty limited in my time :( hopefully i have sometime tonight to crack this challenge, and determine how big i am going to whoop your ass

added 0 minutes later
5 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Solid challenge there. Really lloking forward to seeing how it goes.

Predictions: 

@Real_Random v @samhardy - very close match up with two great players but Sam's been scoring well and I can't see that changing now. Sam to win by 25 points.

@PriZe v @BatiGoal - Even harder to call for me. The Panda Bear that can bulldozer his way to scoring big bonus points or the thinking man's manager, capable of the master plan that will secure victory. I think the planner will edge this one so Batigoal to win by 15 points.

:O schocked

added 0 minutes later
25 minutes ago, Scott said:

Sam vs PriZe in the final :)

I like it!

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Sam vs PriZe in the final :)

Don't think so.

@PriZe has got so many distractions as of late. He can't keep his eyes on the ball for a second.

PriZepic.png

Focus on the challenge, PriZe.

34 minutes ago, Scott said:

Sam to win the final :)

Burn

added 0 minutes later
12 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't think so.

@PriZe has got so many distractions as of late. He can't keep his eyes on the ball for a second.

PriZepic.png

Focus on the challenge, PriZe.

Don't you worry about me m8 ;)

10 hours ago, PriZe said:

Don't you worry about me m8 ;)

I've made a start removing all duplicates and got a decent base now. Next is looking for missing numbers to complete the formation and squad.

I think it's a lot harder and challenging than people realize. But fun tho, I'm enjoying this and can't wait to score whatever you score +1 ;)

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I've made a start removing all duplicates and got a decent base now. Next is looking for missing numbers to complete the formation and squad.

I think it's a lot harder and challenging than people realize. But fun tho, I'm enjoying this and can't wait to score whatever you score +1 ;)

had a look as well, it's indeed a lot harder then you would think at first. Good luck ;) but not too much luck

45 minutes ago, PriZe said:

had a look as well, it's indeed a lot harder then you would think at first. Good luck ;) but not too much luck

I've spent roughly 2h throughout the day in pre-season and my squad is looking beautiful. A few duplicates will age just before September hits giving me a perfect Evolution Squad. Much better than I'd hoped and the Father&Son are going to kill this league. Mate, I would worry if I were you ;)

38 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I've spent roughly 2h throughout the day in pre-season and my squad is looking beautiful. A few duplicates will age just before September hits giving me a perfect Evolution Squad. Much better than I'd hoped and the Father&Son are going to kill this league. Mate, I would worry if I were you ;)

:laugh: not worried at all. I just built myself a killer squad, and i have a trick or two up my sleeve :P good luck

41 minutes ago, PriZe said:

:laugh: not worried at all. I just built myself a killer squad, and i have a trick or two up my sleeve :P good luck

If we both score higher than the other two diddlewiddles I suggest we both move on to the final :D