Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

3 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I was going to tell @PriZe there would surely be logical explanation for my potential loss (like there always is) and the above sounds about right :laugh:

LOL ok... i am game!

3 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I was going to tell @PriZe there would surely be logical explanation for my potential loss (like there always is) and the above sounds about right :laugh:

But what was your logical explanation for him dumping you out last year? :P The plot thickens...

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

But what was your logical explanation for him dumping you out last year? :P The plot thickens...

I'm living in the NOW forget what happened.. no one but dreamers care and @PriZe ,my friend, is a dreamer :)

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Does that mean the final was all just a bad nightmare?

You would hope so... :laugh:

And we all know you are lost for words when confronted with the NOW and that is that you don't stand a chance @BatiGoal :P

On 21-2-2017 at 06:18, BatiGoal said:

Challenge Cup 2017

- The Final - Results -

The Final Challenge

League Position

Both finalists did what was expected of them. They made KV Mechelen champions of Belgium and brought the yellow reds fans immense joy. All 15 teams finished below them earning both managers 16 points.

Challenge Cup 2017 - Standings after League Position

• samhardy - 16 pts
  • PriZe - 16 pts

League Points

Both having led their club to the title, next we needed to look at was how many points were scored to get to that #1 spot. Again, both did very well with only 2 draws out of 30 games. However, Prize won 26 and losing 2 while samhardy won all other 28, making his season actually an Invincible season in the league. Fine achievement. PriZe earns 80 pts and sam 86.

Challenge Cup 2017 - Standings after League Points

• samhardy - 102 pts
  • PriZe - 96 pts

Goal Difference

As samhardy's taken an early lead, next we're going to look at the goal difference in which their domestic league success was achieved. No surprise both our finalists rocked this part of the challenge again. Things were not entirely rock solid at the back but it was clear both finalists were more focused on hitting the net at the opponents' side than keeping them from returning the favor. PriZe did a decent job keeping goals out conceding 27. Samhardy's defence was tighter conceding 4 less and 23 only in total. At the other side of the pitch samhardy responded with 63 goals earning him a Goal Difference of 40. PriZe was a little more prolific on the other end and hit the net 82 times. That earned him a GD of 55.

Challenge Cup 2017 - Standings after Goal Difference

• PriZe - 151 pts
  • samhardy - 142 pts

Cup Run

PriZe has overtaken Samhardy on the leaderboard at this points. Next let's see how well (or poorly) our guys did in the Belgian Cup. Samhardy rocked this part of the challenge beating everyone put in front of his KV Mechelen side. He had a tough final tho in Club Brugge but managed to get his hands on the cup by beating his opponents on penalties. 10 pts for Sam. PriZe didn't have any major difficulties with this part of the challenge either. He went all the way as well beating STVV in the final. 10 pts as well.

Challenge Cup 2017 - Standings after Goal Difference

• PriZe - 161 pts
  • samhardy - 152 pts

Bonus Points

As expected, all comes down to the bonus points. How bright or gloomy does the future look for these two Mechelen teams? How healthy are the teams' bank accounts? How much is the squad's combined value? The value of the most expensive 23 players of the squad were added x2 for the deciding bonus points. Let's start with our virtual runner-up. Sam's squad counted a total of 39M earning him a massive 78 pts. This brings his total to 230 points. That's a 69 pt gap over by now virtual runner-up PriZe. This means that his squad must count roughly 35M to close the gap. However, after adding all his best 23 squad players, excluding the 1 loanee he brought into his team, we came to a total of 73M. That's 146 pts he earns and more than enough to seal the victory.

Challenge Cup 2017 - Final Standings

• PriZe - 307 pts
  • samhardy - 230 pts

Challenge Cup 2017, CC10 - CHAMPION

PriZe

Just to refresh your mind @samhardy you only leaded once... and then got destroyed:laugh:

26 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@PriZe come back to the future, mate :P

Why do you think i am back?:P

17 minutes ago, samhardy said:

No-one likes a sore loser :P

That's right so thats why i helped you get the facts straight ;)

4 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

@samhardy can I please sign up now as due to time difference sign ups open while I'm asleep and I don't want to miss the cut off

It's unlimited places so nothing to worry about. 

Any time length for sign ups Sam?

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

It's unlimited places so nothing to worry about. 

Any time length for sign ups Sam?

Ok thanks Ashez, I can't wait for this to start