Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Left Wingers Recommendation

HenryRen

Hi Everyone!

These days I'm managing QPR. We're promoted in 2016-2017 season (2nd place, 91pts) and next season we will be in Premier League.

However, I found my squad weakest in left wingers. I signed Juanmi Callejon last season and he performed quite well, scoring 6 goals with an average rating of 7.39. But after two injuries his stats are declining rapidly. Do you think it's wise to keep him?

I assume the budget should be more since I am promoted, but actually, the budget still stands at a mere 5.5M. So the question is, do you have a cheap (say, 1-3M) left winger or left IF to recommend? I think this position is a vital part in my 4-2-3-1 tactic.

Thank you!

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

There's two I tested recently.

• Rilwan Hassan 25yo 1.4M (winger at FC Midtjylland)
  • Matheus Pereira 20yo 1.3M (inside forward at Sporting B)

What I love about them is they're both natural on either flank which is super useful. Also cheap and very low wages but since you're entering your 2nd season chances are they've become a little pricier but hopefully still within your budget.

I don't have a screenshot atm. I can post those tomorrow along with more suggestion if needed.

Hi mate,. You could try Centurion, Sarmiento or Cueva.  All three can play on either flank and are bargains!  Work permits shouldn't be an issue either.

On 2017/1/19 at 02:02, BatiGoal said:

Matheus Pereira 20yo 1.3M (inside forward at Sporting B)

Yes I find him! He's already been promoted to the first team and is natural in three positions, great technique and creativity! I will try to sign this guy during winter transfer.

I can't find Hassan though, maybe because of the database?

During the summer transfer window I signed Baheback, an inside forward from PSG with only 575K, and he scored two in first two matches. Maybe he can be a qualified backup in the years followed, and I can show you his stats.

pic.jpg

On 2017/1/19 at 05:56, Massey127 said:

Hi mate,. You could try Centurion, Sarmiento or Cueva.  All three can play on either flank and are bargains!  Work permits shouldn't be an issue either.

Yes! I found Centurion a great choice, cheap and interested. Won't be difficult to sign him, I think.

You signed Bahebeck for 575k and he's already 11+M? Nice. Looks like a decent sub.

Rilwan Hassan was in a DB where only Portugal was loaded. Not in yours unfortunately. But Pereira should be quality. Hope you can still afford him come winter.

Lots of great options already given above, but Callejon will almost certainly bounce back after a month or two. Takes a while to come back from a double injury, but my 1KC striker did.

He's at the age though where he will soon start deteriorating though, so probably worth getting a replacement now anyway.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

You signed Bahebeck for 575k and he's already 11+M? Nice. Looks like a decent sub.

Many reasons, I think. Baheback was listed at the beginning, so his price would be much cheaper. And he performed quite well recently. However, I think his value may drop to 6-7M or so in the future.

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Lots of great options already given above, but Callejon will almost certainly bounce back after a month or two. Takes a while to come back from a double injury, but my 1KC striker did.

He's at the age though where he will soon start deteriorating though, so probably worth getting a replacement now anyway.

Yes, the main reason I want to get a replacement is his age. He's my first team player last year, but I don't think his ability now is qualified for Premier League. What's worse, his training performance was not satisfactory for weeks (before his injury), so I really doubt whether he can recover and bounce to the original level in his thirties.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Many reasons, I think. Baheback was listed at the beginning, so his price would be much cheaper. And he performed quite well recently. However, I think his value may drop to 6-7M or so in the future.

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Yes, the main reason I want to get a replacement is his age. He's my first team player last year, but I don't think his ability now is qualified for Premier League. What's worse, his training performance was not satisfactory for weeks (before his injury), so I really doubt whether he can recover and bounce to the original level in his thirties.

Yeah, I normally replace players at around that age, was just making the point they can bounce back. Here's my striker who lost a lot through injury and got most of it back. The Physical attributes, didn't quite come back, but I think that was because he turned 31 during the comeback, rather than the injury itself: 

armstrong-injury.png

But Callejon is certainly more erratic before his injury and he's going to deteriorate shortly anyway, so better get someone better now! :) 

Edited by scratch99
24 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah, I normally replace players at around that age, was just making the point they can bounce back. Here's my striker who lost a lot through injury and got most of it back. The Physical attributes, didn't quite come back, but I think that was because he turned 31 during the comeback, rather than the injury itself: 

armstrong-injury.png

What a strong and durable player! It's hard for a veteran striker to keep his form but somehow he made it!