Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Advice For Tinkering Tactics Overtime?

So I would say I've had relatively good success on fm2017 however my saves always get ruined by one thing thats changing up tactics. So what I usually do is make two tactics at the start of the save and rotate them every 10 games to throw the opposition off, but about half way through the second season results start going down hill does anyone have any advice?  

20 minutes ago, Fr3ddi3_Grav3s said:

So I would say I've had relatively good success on fm2017 however my saves always get ruined by one thing thats changing up tactics. So what I usually do is make two tactics at the start of the save and rotate them every 10 games to throw the opposition off, but about half way through the second season results start going down hill does anyone have any advice?  

If your formation/tactics and style of management work one season it should generally work for any other too in the same league/division. I think it's down to the quality of your players. Opposition teams get stronger so you should too. Are your players good enough?

20 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Team's current ability (it's x out of 10000) 

x = CA

CA is assigned to players and is out of 200. You're thinking of reputation.

I've not had issues with the AI allegedly 'working out' my tactics, like in previous editions of the game, this time around. Changing tactic every ten matches seems a bit excessive though. How long do you typically last before giving in and changing tactic/getting sacked when the AI 'works out' your tactic? It could be that it's just a blip and it will pass, because as I've mentioned, to my knowledge this old system is no longer existent.

Also, from memory, a tactic is only ever got 'found out' halfway through the third season, not the second.

A little tweak such as a change to your main outlet or which way round you have the roles of two central players could help you though. On FMM2016 with Marseille, I got around the AI's funny business by switching my DLP and BBM around every season :P

A massive tactical overhaul every ten games could just be detrimental to your form, because players take time to adapt to it. 

I hope I helped :D

Edited by Fish18ish
3 hours ago, Dec said:

CA is assigned to players and is out of 200. You're thinking of reputation.

Yeah i guess you are right , it should be   reputation ...