Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Do You Ever Buy In The Winter Window?

Dec

Do you ever buy in the Winter Window?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever buy in the Winter Window?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

It's been a quiet January window so far so it begs the question - Do you ever buy in the Winter Window? Please vote on the poll and leave your stories and opinions in the comments.

Thanks,

Dec

It really depends on what sort of career I'm having. However, I do use it in a few ways...

• I'm quite ruthless, so I often use it to ship underperformers out than bring people in
  • If I have any money left after the summer window then quite often I will buy players outside of the window, with the deal completing when the window opens
  • I always use the winter window to scout players with expiring contracts - I find that if they haven't signed one by then, even domestic players, then they will be available for free

I will only buy in the winter window if either a great player is transfer listed and wants to join or I join a club mid season than I will use any remaining money to reshape the squad.

I'm always hustling! If I have the money, and I can find someone, I'll buy them. At stage of the season, I'll normally have worked out where we need to tweak things. Also, I find adding new players can sometimes freshen things up and give the whole squad a lift (although that may be my imagination).

I try to ship out anyone who's not going to contribute much, hopefully raising funds in the process. 

I sign a lot of free agents for the summer, but also sometimes sign some free agents from Brazil. Contracts there expire at the end of the year, so I actually sign these in the summer and they arrive in January. 

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

I'm always hustling! If I have the money, and I can find someone, I'll buy them. At stage of the season, I'll normally have worked out where we need to tweak things.

I try to ship out anyone who's not going to contribute much, hopefully raising funds in the process. 

This is my mentality as well. By winter, I know where my budget needs to be at year end and if I find a good deal, I always pull the trigger. 

I don't buy in winter probably because I spend too much time in pre-season, so I don't want to go over that same process again in winter. Once the season kicks off my teams are ready for the entire season. I make sure I got versatile subs and able to cover or use multiple formations during the worst times/stages. On a very rare occasion I just missed out on a player I wanted late August when deadline hit and was counting down to get him in january, but that's probably been the only time.

Im really a bargain guy - so only buy under achivers 

but as others i always prepare the last Day of december for the expiriing contracts. when come summer you can always not sign them if you regret :)

I'm always looking to improve any squad I have so I usually sell players that haven't worked out so far (or loan young players that aren't getting game time), then I use those funds to buy a better first team player/squad player.

Perhaps in real life clubs act differently, in FMM it's an AI. I don't think players cause more or are harder to get in FMM, so I treat it just like any other transfer window. Primarily my buys happen in summer, though that's more due to the length of the window than my activity. Also for selling, almost all bar an unexpected bid is done in the summer, it is where all my loans come back, and I don't recall loan players to sell in the winter.

That's also when all the pissed off star players from "small" clubs in China (because FMM haven't really given Chinese clubs proper stature in the game yet) leave on free. It's also when the transfer window for Chinese clubs open, so yeah...

Edited by Meow

I normally only do loans to fill in gaps created by a) injuries b) severely underperforming injuries.   This is because I'm usually at a club with tight budgets.