Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Struggling To Sign Players

Young_T

Hi guys,

Currently in my second season as Stockport in the Conference North.

1st season missed out on promotion via playoffs.  But storming at the top of the league in the 2nd season.

One thing that i cant work around is signing players, its becoming increasingly difficult.  

Any tips? 

Also i noticed its not allowing me to sign players who's contracts are expiring 6 months in future, is there a reason why? 

If you have the money, then take off the interested tab and search for players who would accept your wage demands, you will be surprised who will join you even though they showed no interest at first. Get non-English players before the Brexit kicks in. Your scout report may say they are to expensive or not worth it, but with the right attributes you can get some real bargains that turn out to be star players for you

1 hour ago, Young_T said:

Hi guys,

1st season missed out on promotion via playoffs.  But storming at the top of the league in the 2nd season.

One thing that i cant work around is signing players, its becoming increasingly difficult.  

Any tips? 

Also i noticed its not allowing me to sign players who's contracts are expiring 6 months in future, is there a reason why?

It's 1 month in England not 6 and manually scout for youth players that have been released form their clubs at the begining of the season

1 hour ago, Dar J said:

It's 1 month in England not 6 and manually scout for youth players that have been released form their clubs at the begining of the season

When you manually search for players, do you do it with the interested filter on or off?

2 hours ago, Young_T said:

Hi guys,

Any tips? 

Heh, I took Stockport to promotion in my second season in my current save. 

I wouldn't worry about loans, very few worthwhile players will be available to you.

Scout, scout, scout - you will eventually uncover players who are interested - aim for ones whos contract is running down.

Don't be afraid at that level to consider giving grey players from your reserves a contract.  I've found some absolute gems in there and it's really handy for plugging gaps in your squad.  Keep checking on them, because they will change regularly.

Unless he has random stats, build your side around Danny Lloyd.  He'll do the business as either an AF up front, or an IF on the right wing.

21 minutes ago, veerus said:

When you manually search for players, do you do it with the interested filter on or off?

Yes, when I'm looking for 16 years kids but if I'm looking for someone for the first team I turn it on because it save time

Now have Stockport in League One around mid table after successive promotions, having the same issue's here with players coming to the club (despite them being interested)

Even loan deals seem to cancel again last minute.

Also became manager of Cameroon but cant find a way to resign from this role.