Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mollers01

Five Hidden Gems From The Africa Cup Of Nations

The Africa Cup of Nations is a somewhat underrated tournament in my opinion. Never short of entertainment, the stand-out highlights usually involve erratic goalkeeping, x-rated tackles, and over-the-top celebrations. That said, there are plenty of moments, and players, of real quality to be seen – and in the world of FMM, some real gems to be found. With a number of the players plying their trade in Africa and Asia, they can be hard to find in-game, but here I’ll show you five of the best players from the official team of the AFCON 2017 group stage:

Kara – Anderlect

The 26 year old defender has stats in all the right places for a centre-back – aerial ability, tackling, leadership and strength. For just £2.1million, he’s an absolute steal, but get in there quickly – he’s being linked with a £13million move to Leicester City and his stats, and value, could take a leap after the transfer update. He also starts the game unhappy, so should be easy to snap up.

IMG_5194.PNG

Naim Sliti – Lille (on loan from Red Star)

The Tunisian starts the game on loan in France with Lille, however you should be able to sign him up fairly easily. The attacking midfielder doesn’t score many goals but his dribbling, movement, technique and decision-making means he gets into the key positions. With the right training his pace and creativity can increase, while his shooting and crossing do need to improve for an attacking midfielder in my opinion.

IMG_5198.PNG

Denis Bouanga – Tours (on loan from Lorient)

Young winger Denis Bouanga is listed as French in the game, but has been starring for Gabon in the AFCON. Just 21 years old and valued at £1.5million, he has solid stats across the board – nothing really stands out, but crossing, pace, technique and creativity are his strengths. A good, cheap signing for a smaller side looking for someone on either flank.

IMG_5196.PNG

Yves Bissouma – Lille Reserves

On first glance, Bissouma doesn’t have much that would make you want to pick him up, however I believe that if you convert him from his preferred position of central midfield to defence, then you might just have a player on your hands. A decent enough tackler, with good strength and decision making, with the right training he could become a decent backup.

IMG_5197.PNG

Youssef Msakni – Lekhwiya

Another attacking midfielder, Msakni can be found playing in Qatar. Quick and creative with good technique and movement, he doesn’t lack in dribbling, passing and crossing either. Bear in mind that although he’s only valued at £3.1million, he’s on a £80,000 a week contract, so you’d better have plenty of wage budget available.

IMG_5195.PNG

So what do you think? Would any of these get in your team? Or have I missed anyone?

31 minutes ago, Mollers01 said:

I think Kara is my favourite on the list - think he could slot into a lot of sides quite easily.

Great pick for a team lacking a true leader. Makes a huge different having a good captain in the team as he lifts everyone's performance. Nice player indeed.