Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips Tweaking Tactics During Game

Nick11

22 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Indeed i agree with you but my problem is my pathetic English.  I wanted to explain it  alot in depth but its hard to write it , elegant and easy to understand, like you guys .A video about this might be helpful.?

Sorry this may be long....

I totally don't agree that it is due to a limited English, from what I've seen your English is ok but just needs a reread. However I believe this is is more down to you being too specific than due to poor English. It would make no difference from going

"1) If you're winning but  starting to get dominated then play more defensive roles such as a DLP, BBM and BWM.
2) Don't ruin your creativity when going defensive so dropping any playmakers you have down to a Deep Lying Playmaker or a Central Midfielder would be recommended".

This is similar to what you said but is more broad and gives the reader options yet still gets you overall point across.

In all honesty I think it is more down to the post(/s) being rambly and without much forethought. I'm not sure if they are intended to inform people or just create a conversation as if they are intended to help newbies it would be better as one post and concise.

I hope this all makes sense and you don't take it to heart, I think you've found a very good topic to help people on and you have the right idea on how to approach it, however I think your execution let you down. I particularly like the little drawings though so good work on them and I hope to see this either reposted, edited or something similar pop up from you soon.

I agree with @Dec.This is so important situation. I know my English bad too like you but I try to tell anything about this situation. First of all i want to explain something. I started a match and when I push play button after that i stopped and looked opponent's formation and team instructions. As you sad i will change positions like you. But at the same time computer AI changed too. The question is when i change formation and when doesn't? I make a move and opponent make a move.After that i changed my formation and opponent changed again. This is very confusionary situation:/ When this is gonna stop? I think this topic will be a sun to us if we understand deep.

9 hours ago, un4givenn said:

I jist tried this about three matches.And scores are interesting. I am now manager of the Catanzaro.After 4 years I came to Seria A. And my last three matches Milan(away) 1-1 , Napoli(home) 2-0 and Crotone(away) 1-2. So two wins and one draw.It's interesting. I just wonder if this tweaking will be good for other starting formations like 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2? 

Happy to see you liked it a bit. 

To be honest ,  i like simeone philosophy so i generally use 442 or 4-4-1-1 as my initial tactic & keep versatile players who can play at various positions. So it gets easy to tweak .I believe if you keeep versatile squad you can tweak easily & make it hard for AI irrespective of what tactic you use .

I think 4-2-3-1 leave void in mid field and make it easier for AI . Imagine if AI put one defensive player b/w ur DLP and AP , your team will struggle to make key passes.

3-5-2 is quite good as your wide Midfielders will mark their wingers and threee CBs will mark their strikers. But if they use Christmas formation (4-3-2-1) , it will be harder for ur team to defend. In such case i'll use 4-1-3-2 as my BWM will mark their AP and my 3 CMs will mark their 3CMs leaving their ST isolated. 

9 hours ago, un4givenn said:

I think we must discuss the player versus roles. For example Milan put into the middle two BBM and one APM what can we stop them? Or another team put two CM's into the middle and one DLP behind them (at DM position) how can we stop them?

If they use two BBM in middle, i'll put two BWM in middle to isolated their AP and use a DLP behind those two BWM for creating goal scoring passes .

Later i'll post player vs player role so people can understand what player to use in which circumstance.

9 hours ago, Sousa_XI said:

Thanks mate ..  I have just tried your method and I was really sure if I did it correctly or not but I'm sure I made the opponent check the tactic more than 4 times and I saw how they struggle and I was controling the game.. 

It's really nice to do that but one game took me more than 5mins but it worth it and makes you feel different once the game is over.. 

Good to know you control the game . Can you post some results.

I know this take time but considering that we all don't have super Tactics to matches , it worth spending 3-4 min per game . I tried one or tactics from vibe site but so far i've struggled using those tactics that's why i preffer this way. It take time but atleast we get to win games. 

9 hours ago, Sousa_XI said:

Im very pleased with the result honestly ..  Please share with us your knowledge 

Appreciate it 

I'm looking for to put some updates about player vs player role but it might take time as i cannot afford to invest time on fmm17 considering the fact that i'll be have grad. Final year exams from 15th feb till 10th march .

Why don't you try some other formation and post it here along with tweaks & how game plays when using other tactics other than 4-4-1-1 ??

It will be really help me how to tweak formation seeing ur results with less time investment. 

?

6 hours ago, Dec said:

"1) If you're winning but  starting to get dominated then play more defensive roles such as a DLP, BBM and BWM.

2) Don't ruin your creativity when going defensive so dropping any playmakers you have down to a Deep Lying Playmaker or a Central Midfielder would be recommended".

This is similar to what you said but is more broad and gives the reader options yet still gets you overall point across.

Honsetly i only understood a bit from what you said ?

1. I guess you understand that my whole game is based on defensive work and counter attack. That's why it doesn't matters whether Opponent dominating the game or not as long as we put right players with right role.

2. I sparingly use creative players if i find right position wrt to opp. Tactic . As game progresses i  tend to drop my AP to CM role and CM to DLP role , so i guess creativity is pretty much there.

6 hours ago, Dec said:

In all honesty I think it is more down to the post(/s) being rambly and without much forethought. I'm not sure if they are intended to inform people or just create a conversation as if they are intended to help newbies it would be better as one post and concise.

I hope this all makes sense and you don't take it to heart, I think you've found a very good topic to help people on and you have the right idea on how to approach it, however I think your execution let you down. I particularly like the little drawings though so good work on them and I hope to see this either reposted, edited or something similar pop up from you soon.

Well i created to help others rather than for chat , if you feel this way you can move it chat department. 

I agree that post is mot concise & despite of being a decent topic it ended as failure all down to way i represented it . I would very much like to improve my way of posting but to do that i'll need someone's help or substantially improve my English and respresntation both of them very much seems unlikely.

Editing - what do you want me to edit ?? I don't get it .

Reposting - No idea how to do .

Anyways thanks for taking ur time and replying ?

Edited by Nick11
5 hours ago, un4givenn said:

I agree with @Dec.This is so important situation. I know my English bad too like you but I try to tell anything about this situation. First of all i want to explain something. I started a match and when I push play button after that i stopped and looked opponent's formation and team instructions. As you sad i will change positions like you. But at the same time computer AI changed too. The question is when i change formation and when doesn't? I make a move and opponent make a move.After that i changed my formation and opponent changed again. This is very confusionary situation:/ When this is gonna stop? I think this topic will be a sun to us if we understand deep.

That is something i too feel annoying at time , but this is what really management is about . You just cannot sit considering that opposition manager won't change anything at all & so if make changes they too will make changes. 

I guess AI didn't used to tweak this much until fmh2015

I'm still trying to find a way to exploit opponent by making less tactical change. For every tactic there is different tweaking & finding a way to win game by making less tweaks for every tactic is too much work .

I hope i can solve this issue ?

1 hour ago, Nick11 said:

Good to know you control the game . Can you post some results.

I know this take time but considering that we all don't have super Tactics to matches , it worth spending 3-4 min per game . I tried one or tactics from vibe site but so far i've struggled using those tactics that's why i preffer this way. It take time but atleast we get to win games. 

I'm looking for to put some updates about player vs player role but it might take time as i cannot afford to invest time on fmm17 considering the fact that i'll be have grad. Final year exams from 15th feb till 10th march .

Why don't you try some other formation and post it here along with tweaks & how game plays when using other tactics other than 4-4-1-1 ??

It will be really help me how to tweak formation seeing ur results with less time investment. 

?

Well so far I'm happy with the results and I running a save in lower league with weak team and I want to see how my tweak will help me 

Here are my resultes 

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-33.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-43.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-52.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-57.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-57.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-12-01.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-19.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-24.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-32.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-37.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-44.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-49.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-12-42.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-12-51.png

This is what I have so far.. 

What I have in mind is to start with 442 and then start to tweak with it ..  

And before I forget I wish for you all the best in your exams 

Thanks again 

I think if we want to tweak our tactic we must have a deep squad. Because we put someone APM than we pull over him to CM maybe DLP so there must be more player like Pogba or Gerard to do their homework well. My team Catanzaro has many youth players and full of regens. But I am waiting them to have higher Current Ability to work. By the way good like for your exams.:)

3 hours ago, Nick11 said:

If they use two BBM in middle, i'll put two BWM in middle to isolated their AP and use a DLP behind those two BWM for creating goal scoring passes .

You have to be careful tho. You may have gotten away with this in one or two games but those 2 BWM aren't going to hold position for many seconds leaving a massive gap in midfield. Too much for your DLP to handle on his own.

22 minutes ago, un4givenn said:

I think if we want to tweak our tactic we must have a deep squad. Because we put someone APM than we pull over him to CM maybe DLP so there must be more player like Pogba or Gerard to do their homework well. My team Catanzaro has many youth players and full of regens. But I am waiting them to have higher Current Ability to work.

Squad depth is good thing to have but due to financial reason i tend to keep small squad 16-19 players . Rather than having player who play at any particular position buy players who can play many position. 

In midfield i suggest you to have players similar to koke(can play CM RM LM) , leon Goretzka (can play CDM CM CAM) .

Wings back -- Lahm , Santon , siglicio , 

Wide midfield/IF - Hirvig Lozano , Brandt.

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You have to be careful tho. You may have gotten away with this in one or two games but those 2 BWM aren't going to hold position for many seconds leaving a massive gap in midfield. Too much for your DLP to handle on his own.

Considering that we've to change tactics 2-3 time its okay to have two BWM or BWM &CM combination.  It has worked so far .

Anyways Thanks for suggestions :)

1 hour ago, Sousa_XI said:

Well so far I'm happy with the results and I running a save in lower league with weak team and I want to see how my tweak will help me 

Here are my resultes 

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-33.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-43.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-52.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-10-57.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-57.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-12-01.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-19.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-24.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-32.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-37.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-44.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-11-49.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-12-42.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-09-12-51.png

This is what I have so far.. 

What I have in mind is to start with 442 and then start to tweak with it ..  

And before I forget I wish for you all the best in your exams 

Thanks again 

Your Opponent's are having too many shots on target .  you need deploy correct roles to ur player so that you can block shots and force them to shoot from long range. 

Results are good ...have patience it will get better & suggest you to play prefferd 4-4-2 Tactic.

Don't be concerned about possession . What is your team instruction ??

Put players on IT .

17 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Your Opponent's are having too many shots on target .  you need deploy correct roles to ur player so that you can block shots and force them to shoot from long range. 

Results are good ...have patience it will get better & suggest you to play prefferd 4-4-2 Tactic.

Don't be concerned about possession . What is your team instruction ??

Put players on IT .

I need time to get use to it 

Screenshot_2017-02-02-11-27-47.png

Screenshot_2017-02-02-11-27-36.png

Decided to give this a try when Chelsea was using a 433 against my left IF variant of 442 during the FA Cup final, and they dominated me quite a bit.

Pushed one centre back to DMC to occupy the space between the midfield and striker, then withdrew one of my striker into an inside forward in the AMC position. This overloaded the midfield, marking their midfield trio out and made it difficult for any of their forwards to be effective. Despite neglecting the final third, the sheer quality and physicality of my striker still posed a threat.

I think this forced them to look for more space in my third, switching to a 442 (despite them actually leading one goal). Which allowed me to revert to my original formation and passing distribution back to the wing. Of which Brandt and Sabitzer by far outclassed their combination of Lozano and Bernardeschi, so we scored and pulled it to extra time.

We then scored early in extra time. They switched to a 424, pushing Lozano and Bernardeschi up into their more natural positions in an attempt to overload our back 4 rather than switching to a 433 again to control midfield (which imo is my weakest area). So I substituted on a more natural left winger than Brandt (who is more an IF) and exploited the wide areas of the midfield. Saw out the game 2-1.

Interesting style of play, I'll use something in between of this and my style to the best effect.

5 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Honsetly i only understood a bit from what you said ?

1. I guess you understand that my whole game is based on defensive work and counter attack. That's why it doesn't matters whether Opponent dominating the game or not as long as we put right players with right role.

2. I sparingly use creative players if i find right position wrt to opp. Tactic . As game progresses i  tend to drop my AP to CM role and CM to DLP role , so i guess creativity is pretty much there.

Well i created to help others rather than for chat , if you feel this way you can move it chat department. 

I agree that post is mot concise & despite of being a decent topic it ended as failure all down to way i represented it . I would very much like to improve my way of posting but to do that i'll need someone's help or substantially improve my English and respresntation both of them very much seems unlikely.

Editing - what do you want me to edit ?? I don't get it .

Reposting - No idea how to do .

Anyways thanks for taking ur time and replying ?

Highlight 1 - My point wasn't that your logic is wrong but it is too personalised to a certain tactic or style of play rather than being generalised like I showed you. The generalisations will help people more.

Highlight 2 - I don't think it is anything to do with your English, it just needs better planning and you to not be as narrow with your advice.

Highlight 3- If I was you I'd look at taking my suggestions on board and try it again by creating a guide that can work with multiple situations and be informative to the mass audience. Like @Sousa_XI said there's a lot you missed, glossed over or were just too narrow over. Either you can edit your original post or try to write it again and repost it, if you wish to make it better. If you repost I can change this to a chat as at the moment I don't see it as a guide as it is too specific. It could help out 9 out of 10 people, but at the moment I'd say it is 9 out of 100 due to the specificity. 

There's something in my head. Should we be doing this with a hard fight and if we are to push it in our opponent's field and defeat him with counterattacks, is it important for us to catch the ball? So it would be more convenient if the tackling module was committed?
33 minutes ago, un4givenn said:

There's something in my head. Should we be doing this with a hard fight and if we are to push it in our opponent's field and defeat him with counterattacks, is it important for us to catch the ball? So it would be more convenient if the tackling module was committed?

When you set your Tackling to Committed you ask player dive in . committed Tackle mean standing tackle + slide tackle . 

Committed Tackle on various occasions can get you straight red card as well as when your player do slide tackle, if he miss Opponent then opposing team get space to exploit ur Tactic bcoz of void created in ur tactical formation.

While Cautious tackle , i believe , is standing tackle . As they don't dive in tackle , you'll avoid having a void in ur formation which not easy for opponent to break .

Thus i suggest you to use Cautious but you may try committed & see the difference. 

@Nick11 Yes you're right man. I just wonder what will happen. And result is terrible. I tell you something i play with palermo five minutes ago. And their formation was the same of my 4-4-1-1 and just the difference is their forward was DLF. And pressing and counter attack they played. I lost 4-0. Their passing centre both flanks and ı can't s top them.
2 hours ago, Dec said:

Highlight 1 - My point wasn't that your logic is wrong but it is too personalised to a certain tactic or style of play rather than being generalised like I showed you. The generalisations will help people more.

Highlight 2 - I don't think it is anything to do with your English, it just needs better planning and you to not be as narrow with your advice.

Highlight 3- If I was you I'd look at taking my suggestions on board and try it again by creating a guide that can work with multiple situations and be informative to the mass audience. Like @Sousa_XI said there's a lot you missed, glossed over or were just too narrow over. Either you can edit your original post or try to write it again and repost it, if you wish to make it better. If you repost I can change this to a chat as at the moment I don't see it as a guide as it is too specific. It could help out 9 out of 10 people, but at the moment I'd say it is 9 out of 100 due to the specificity. 

I won't be recreating another thread ,I would rather post an update in this thread as it is big task to put it in depth . I believe ur right   "it is too personalized to certain Tactic or style of play rather than being generalised" . This was my very first post & had no idea how to represent it . 

Uploading pictures is very painful  as there are lots of screenshots. I was thinking about drawing it on paper and upload it in next update.

8 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

I won't be recreating another thread ,I would rather post an update in this thread as it is big task to put it in depth . I believe ur right   "it is too personalized to certain Tactic or style of play rather than being generalised" . This was my very first post & had no idea how to represent it . 

Uploading pictures is very painful  as there are lots of screenshots. I was thinking about drawing it on paper and upload it in next update.

As I said I think it had potential and it did very well. I look forward to you editing your first post to improve and be useful to more people.

For screenshots, I don't believe you need to show everything. You could just as easily write "they changed to a flat 442" or "then the opposition responded by pushing their wingers forward". A sentence would make it easier to post and read as it would be less scrolling and more of a flowing paragraph. Only screenshot what would be complicated to explain and this is where I think the drawings did well.

6 minutes ago, un4givenn said:

@Nick11 Yes you're right man. I just wonder what will happen. And result is terrible. I tell you something i play with palermo five minutes ago. And their formation was the same of my 4-4-1-1 and just the difference is their forward was DLF. And pressing and counter attack they played. I lost 4-0. Their passing centre both flanks and ı can't s top them.

To counter Opponent  tactic  You initially need to analyse where their players are compared to your player . Watch whether they are marking you or using space within your formation.

To counter 4-4-1-1, i suggest you to play 4-1-4-1 . Drop your AP in DM postion . If you have DM you can mark their AP and now your 2 CM should mark their 2CM . 

OR 

Put one of defender in DM position and another CD just behind him . Now your DM will mark their AP and Your CD will mark their DLF . This way you'll have extra midfielder(AP) in midfield. Now take benefit of ur AP .

5 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

To counter Opponent  tactic  You initially need to analyse where their players are compared to your player . Watch whether they are marking you or using space within your formation.

To counter 4-4-1-1, i suggest you to play 4-1-4-1 . Drop your AP in DM postion . If you have DM you can mark their AP and now your 2 CM should mark their 2CM . 

OR 

Put one of defender in DM position and another CD just behind him . Now your DM will mark their AP and Your CD will mark their DLF . This way you'll have extra midfielder(AP) in midfield. Now take benefit of ur AP .

I think if we want to play like this we must have very very deep squad. Because this player position changes makes me mad. I have only 3 subs. And ı don't have a player like can play in cd,bwm,bbm at the same time. So ı need to change my squad. For example you sad to me out your bpd to dm position. But when ı did that player was red so he cant play in this position so ı need changing him for another Dm postion player.

added 0 minutes later
Just now, un4givenn said:

I think if we want to play like this we must have very very deep squad. Because this player position changes makes me mad. I have only 3 subs. And ı don't have a player like can play in cd,bwm,bbm at the same time. So ı need to change my squad. For example you sad to me out your bpd to dm position. But when ı did that player was red so he cant play in this position so ı need changing him for another Dm postion player.

I will upload screeshots on the evenings.

11 minutes ago, Dec said:

As I said I think it had potential and it did very well. I look forward to you editing your first post to improve and be useful to more people.

For screenshots, I don't believe you need to show everything. You could just as easily write "they changed to a flat 442" or "then the opposition responded by pushing their wingers forward". A sentence would make it easier to post and read as it would be less scrolling and more of a flowing paragraph. Only screenshot what would be complicated to explain and this is where I think the drawings did well.

I think picture is absolutely necessary otherwise people will not understand how i apply tactical role . As for example if i say Opponent play 4-4-2 then i won't be able make them understand how player are placed and the roles they are assigned to .There can be various types of CM combination in 4-4-2

CM - CM , CM-BWM , CM-BBm ,CM-AP.... So for each ccombination players need to assigned to different roles which is too much . This is where i think diagram will be helpful.

This will make them understand that under which circumstance what we need to do .

Edited by Nick11
8 minutes ago, un4givenn said:

added 0 minutes later

I will upload screeshots on the evenings.

Shift ur CM in DM & AP to CM

Anyway so far ive observed that it doesn't matter what is ur players position Color .even if u place him ur AP in DM position it'll work unless his tackle & positioning is below 5 & 10

Try it and tell me whether it worked orr not.

Edited by Nick11
3 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

I think picture is absolutely necessary otherwise people will not understand how i apply tactical role . As for example if i say Opponent play 4-4-2 then i won't be able make them understand how player are placed and the roles they are assigned to .There can be various types of CM combination in 4-4-2

CM - CM , CM-BWM , CM-BBm ,CM-AP.... So for each ccombination players need to assigned to different roles which is too much . This is where i think diagram will be helpful.

This will make them understand that under which circumstance what we need to do .

I think you must do something about pictures. Not drawings. Because the AI always has some tweaks. I understand AI well because of you. But this thing makes me mad. My formation 4-4-1-1 and opponent 4-5-1 like your City match. I started match and after 15 minutes ı changed like you 3-1-4-1-1. And the answered quickly like City 3-4-2-1. Then I tweaked like you 4-3-2-1 and again they answered quickly. So this thing can't stop. When ı move they move same time. But the good thing your team resist to big teams.

2 minutes ago, un4givenn said:

I think you must do something about pictures. Not drawings. Because the AI always has some tweaks. I understand AI well because of you. But this thing makes me mad. My formation 4-4-1-1 and opponent 4-5-1 like your City match. I started match and after 15 minutes ı changed like you 3-1-4-1-1. And the answered quickly like City 3-4-2-1. Then I tweaked like you 4-3-2-1 and again they answered quickly. So this thing can't stop. When ı move they move same time. But the good thing your team resist to big teams.

This is what i was trying to say . You make change they make change. It doesn't Matters what tactics you use if AI concede goal they'll tweak & then ur gone .

I've  tried best tactics from this forum and failed again and again (On EME)  that's why i rely upon tweaking coz it is only way for me to dominate and win the game 

50 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Pictures are but to a degree. You don't need 10 pictures when it may be a small shift. If you can explain it in a sentence a picture isn't mandatory