Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Defender's Story: 250+ Goals

BatiGoal

How's this for pressure: I find it unacceptable for someone with your screen name to fail this kind of challenge. Therefore I say that, should you fail, you ought to change your name to BatiGoHome.

18 minutes ago, Jens said:

How's this for pressure: I find it unacceptable for someone with your screen name to fail this kind of challenge. Therefore I say that, should you fail, you ought to change your name to BatiGoHome.

Big words!

1 hour ago, Jens said:

45 minutes ago, Mollers01 said:

Big words!

:laugh: Jens is at it again. You know I am now going to be all over you in your own career thread. I'll keep a permanent tab open to follow your sluggish progress. I will embrace the day your midfielder fails to reach 1K - heck..I bet he falters before he even reaches Bazoer's total and he's defender :laugh: 

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

:laugh: Jens is at it again. You know I am now going to be all over you in your own career thread. I'll keep a permanent tab open to follow your sluggish progress. I will embrace the day your midfielder fails to reach 1K - heck..I bet he falters before he even reaches Bazoer's total and he's defender :laugh: 

At least that's one challenge in the bag then :S

I don't believe anyone out there is actually expecting me to succeed. An old brother in the church once told his class that 'in life... it is neccessary... to suck seed'

On 9 April 2017 at 19:31, Ashez said:

Disappoint and variants of that word should never be uttered in this thread! You've already achieved mind boggling feats Bati! 

Is it too late to take this comment back? 

Ouch! 

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@Ashez due to a certain underperforming liability praise-editting has temporarily been disabled in my career thread. Thank you.

Understood! 

In all seriousness unlucky mate, hopefully he has another big season left in the tank :) 

15 hours ago, Ashez said:

Understood! 

In all seriousness unlucky mate, hopefully he has another big season left in the tank :) 

Updates are coming thick and fast now. Season 17 will get us a little closer to the total.. :)

10 minutes ago, Jens said:

Literally the most enticing stuff currently available on Vibe. I GOTS TO KNOW

Coming from you I can't help but smell the sarcasm :laugh: S17>S16 that's all my sponsors allow me to reveal.

Season 17

Bazoer's back! That aftertaste of the infamous injury-stricken Season 16 just left me neauseated as only FMM can, so I couldn't return to this thread fast enough with a brandnew update of our BPD. We scored 6 gls in S16 and accummulated a total of 239 goals in total. We're aiming to break the record (253) set by Dutchie R.Koeman. 15 gls needed. Let's get the season underway..

Happy Birthday Bazoer - 36yo

32-33RB36yo.png

He just turned 36 and he's still got the majority of the season ahead of him. To be honest, at this point I thought I'd be dealing with a player with no greens. And a fair bunch of 14s to back it up even more. Man. I'm so glad I picked Bazoer for this challenge. Dunno if there are any better players out there for this mission. He's really done me proud so far.

Training Regime

32-33regime.png

I don't really like touching this feature as it could turn my happy lad into a not so happy lad but I can't have him on an intensive regime for the entirety of this career. It would just cause more injuries and tiredness in general, and I can't have that as we got plenty of games to play so we need to tone it down a notch. 10ip is still pretty high tho but I'll see how he fares and I may tone it down one more notch depending on his development and progress during the season. If he's able to take this on without probs I'll likely start season 18 on 9ip.

Club's Finances

32-33transferbudget.png

Season 16 was terrible. So one thing we could do is use up some of these savings we collected throughout this career. Time to splash a bit of cash and get Bazoer new teammates. Maybe that helps re-energize our lad.

Profitable BG

32-33profit.png

I'm actually pretty proud of my dealings thus far. I've sold more than I bought in 16 seasons. How's that for a profitable manager. But that doesn't get us anywhere and certainly doesn't get Bazoer any bonus goals so it's a nice stat but nothing more than that. 88 trophies, that IS a nice stat btw :)

Transfers Dealings 2032-33

32-33transfersin.png

I do have hundreds of millions in the bank but other than a handful of players there was no one else that caught my eye. I buy guys who add to the squad or may become future stars or none. Machado was brought in to replace 4 oldies who are leaving at the end of the season. So he'll start the season in Benfica B and we'll see how things turn for him from there. One step at the time. The other three are direct additions to the starting team. 1 Def, 1 Mid and 1 Def/Mid. We are more than ready to kick things off.

The Goals

August

Spoiler

32-33august.png

Destroying Porto and Bazoer noting his first goal. Perfect start. 14 goals to go..

September

Spoiler

32-33september.png

Bate down bad! Bazoer fortunate with a penalty. I'll take those anyday. And so does Bazoer.

October

Spoiler

32-33october.png

Biggest win of the season. 16 for the team and 1 for Bazoer. We're getting closer to the big 253..

November

Spoiler

32-33november.png

Bate down bad II. Another 5-0 and Bazoer scoring very late to make it 9 goals to go...

December

We failed to reach the CL final in two successive seasons so we missed out on extra December games. No goals recorded this month.

January

Spoiler

32-33january.png

Bazoer with another penalty edging closer to that WR. Gomes stole the show with 5. Gomes is a true goal-scoring predator!

February

Not in great form and missed out on games thru suspension. No goals recorded.

March

Spoiler

32-33march.png

A delicious free kick. He's ageing and his shooting has plummeted but he still got that magical touch from time to time.

April

Spoiler

32-33april.png

Penalty. Love 'em. Not the prettiest ones in his expanding goal-collecting but they count just as much. Lost count now...we're CLOSE!!! that I do know.

May

Another month with no goals. Performances are good tho and assisting for the team for the needed wins so in all not terrible.

June

Spoiler

32-33RB37tobe.png

Bazoer attributes at the end of this long and gruelling season. It's clearly taken a toll on his physical attributes but his greens are still there. He's a few months from becoming 37 but this guy just won't back off. He's inured at the moment and had to miss out on ITN games but I'm wondering if he's one of those players that extends his career beyond the age of 40. Seems that way. Let's hope so. I'm enjoying this tremendously so I don't mind adding another 3-4-5 seasons and up that amazing goal tally.

Bazoer Form

32-33RBform.png

His best form of the season. Fortunate with injuries, good results, good amount of goals at this stage. Couldn't be happier.

Riechedly Bazoer - Player History

32-33RB12gls.png

There you have it. 12 goals. After scoring just half that amount last season and delighted of course. Was fearing another dreadful season with more injuries and fewer goals but we continued where Bazoer left off two seasons ago. 12 + 239 = 251. That's 251!!! Finally, FINALLY honouring the title of this career thread. :) And getting 1000+ appearances is another great stat for our deadly defender.

Believe me when I say that I didn't think it was possible, not in a million years. Never had so little faith in achieving the ultimate challenge goal at the start of any career, but hence my main objective to just get this BPD as many goals as we possibly can until his production comes to an end. My aim was to learn new things by playing an entirely 'new and different concept' (Thanks @Ashez truly one of my most enjoyable FMM careers ever) and just enjoy the journey as I go. I did both but now being so incredibly close to that ..that JACKPOT I'm surely not going to stop here. How many season does Bazoer have left in his tank? No idea..but he's looking pretty good and with just 2 goals short of equalling the record and 3 goals to break it I think we can start dreaming big. Needless to say I'm itching to pick up the phone to start season 18 and bring this challenge (not career) to an end.

Progress

DefGlsChallenge251.png

Will BPD Bazoer get those remaining goals in and break Ronald Koeman's WR or will disaster strike twice?

16 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

I have no other words than WOW! You sir are a god, I'm going to start praying daily to BatiGod from this day forward ??

:D Thanks mate. A couple times a day will do. I'm available to answer your prayers at noon and midnight :D

Seriously tho.. would love to see someone else take this on at some point and show us it's not all that amazing afterall. This career could serve as a guide or at least provide a few tips on how to get to that total. It's a fun ride especially towards the end when the finishline is in sight..as is the case with any career I suppose. Still 3 goals needed tho to break the record.

Couple times a day it is then ?

I would never know where to begin so for now you will stay known as 'The Man, The Myth, The Legend' in my eyes, fair play to you mate!!

@Brenty92 there's been some tremendous achievements this year already and still some great ones to come. But thanks massively for your continuing support and allow me to disable your edit option too before Bazoer costs me those humbling words ;)

No words could express how impressed I am! I can't believe the record is in reach! 

With how broken the EME is I think you could break 1000 :P. All you need is corners and long shots as that's the only way engine scores anyway :P 

4 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Disable away buddy! 265 total I'm saying, gonna take some beating that's for sure ??

I like 300 better :D

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

No words could express how impressed I am! I can't believe the record is in reach! 

With how broken the EME is I think you could break 1000 :P. All you need is corners and long shots as that's the only way engine scores anyway :P 

I guess you didn't expect anyone to beat that record when creating the challenge years ago. Officially still 3 cheers short but don't see how we could screw things up at this point. 

Rediscovering the archives for fresh challenges is like exploring the transfer market for new blood. It's one of the most fun parts of the journey.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

"And praise be with him the king of football Bazor, no one will ever take away his title"

"LONG LIVE THE KING"

58 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations on getting 251 goals, now we just wait for Bazoer to score 3 goals or die trying. KIU 

Loving the support, guys thanks, shouldn't take too long hopefully and will throw in an update as soon as he breaks the record. :D

9 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

I could run with the statue idea, and a national anthem if @Taff can get those pesky kids involved ?

I'm on it maybe a kids of Vibe members choir

Genius

17 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm wondering if he's one of those players that extends his career beyond the age of 40

I'm hoping he is. Just keep playing him and make sure he has a nice long contract and drive him to that record! He's doing great mate..

@mcandrew003 @Brenty92 @Taff :laugh: cheers guys!

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I'm hoping he is. Just keep playing him and make sure he has a nice long contract and drive him to that record! He's doing great mate..

I haven't found a challenge I'm playing after this one yet so I got time. Thanks mate!