Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Defender's Story: 250+ Goals

BatiGoal

Awesome job, Not much in your way now!  I wouldn't want to be the one to break it to Koeman that he lost his record...

If you're looking for a challenge post Bazoer, might I suggest the goalscoring midfielder? I know Jens is working on one,  and I'm on my second go,  but I wouldn't mind seeing your take on it. It would probably be a cake walk compared to what you've done here. 

Or go after Scratch and his one season goals record with Vardy. That would be a short but riveting challenge. I'd love to see a single season goal leader board (unless it already exists somewhere beyond my limited comprehension).

KIU

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I haven't found a challenge I'm playing after this one yet so I got time. Thanks mate!

Lately I've been more fascinated by reading about meta challenges instead of individual ones.  So if you're taking requests, I was really intrigued by @samhardy's attempt at driving out all the current PL teams out of the division before he lost his save... :D

7 minutes ago, veerus said:

Lately I've been more fascinated by reading about meta challenges instead of individual ones.  So if you're taking requests, I was really intrigued by @samhardy's attempt at driving out all the current PL teams out of the division before he lost his save... :D

That's a fascinating idea. I'd love to see how that would play out.

Still, I'd like to see BG with the Defender/Midfielder/Striker treble, seeing as he has bossed this and the 1KC.

13 hours ago, OneTouch said:

Still, I'd like to see BG with the Defender/Midfielder/Striker treble, seeing as he has bossed this and the 1KC.

Thanks for the support!

Great idea btw, would love to own this treble. Would certainly be unique but as you said Jens is doing one and I'm enjoying following his. I'm also looking for something slightly different but I'll definitely give this midfielder challenge a go at some point. Thanks for the suggestions.

13 hours ago, veerus said:

I'll definitely give it some thought. I'd like to do a few shorter challenges first or a team-based one as you suggested before embarking on another 1.5 - 2 decade long challenge again. Thanks for the ideas, guys!

First things first tho gotta get Bazoer the Jackpot with at least 3 more goals this season or it'll be a cake served without a cherry on top. :unamused:

Season 18

For the regular followers you know where we stand, for those who're just tuning in, here's a quick recap: Ronald Koeman has scored 253 goals in his career, playing as a defender mostly. I picked Riechedly Bazoer to break that record, playing as a defender only. 17 seasons in and we stand at 251 goals. 2 needed to match the record and 3 to break it. Let's see how we did in our 18th season of this career..

BPD Bazoer started this career as a 19yo..

RBfinal37yo.png

..and is now 37yo. Still decent attributes for his age but his physicals have started to lower steadily as we approach his 38th B-day.

One of my little side missions was to lift the standard of the Portuguese league which seemed like an impossible task. We kept dangling in spots 4-5-6 but after years and years of domination and success we finally managed to take 3rd spot on the Coefficients List. Not bad after 18 years of winning all possible trophies. Credit to the fellow Portuguese teams tho who did well too.

RBfinalPORcoef.png

On a personal level it's been pretty good in all. 18 league wins, 83 Cups. 101 trophies is a pretty decent return and I'm sure Benfica are glad they decided to take me on and give me a shot at this 18 years ago. I need 1 more season for the 1000 wins tho.

RBfinalBGhistory.png

We're here for the Main Event so let's crack on.. BPD Bazoer is on 251 goals...

RBfinal252.png

Waited 2 months for his 1st goal of the season but crushing Porto in Estadio Dragao was all worth the long wait.

#253 (matching R.Koeman's record)

RBfinal253.png

With a perfect win over Finland I'm delighted Bazoer contributes on both club and ITN level. One more..

#254 (breaking R.Koeman's record)

RBfinal254.png

A crushing header or a magical free kick would've been the ideal way to dethrone Mr. Koeman but hey, our guy is 37, he isn't the youngest or the most athletic or the most technical anymore so cut the guy some slack. He did all of that for the past 18 seasons, and more, so never mind a few penalties. We got the job done and we're damn proud of it!!! Riechedly Bazoer goes into the history books as one of the best, if not THE best, defender FMM has ever seen. Certainly the most prolific one :)

Bazoer Form - better than I expected. I keep saying that this entire career. He's definitely surpassed all expectations.

RBfinalForm.png

Slightly worrying at the start..but that's pretty much a given when only a handful goals are needed to complete any challenge - coupled with the ever existing fear of a sudden permanent collapse..but he proved what a worldclass player he is and continued what he's been doing all along a few months into the season. His warming-up takes a bit longer as he ages but he delivers everytime.

He ended the season like this..

RBfinal38tobe.png

At almost 38 his attributes are taking that inevitable hit. Season 19 will see him as a 38yo which will probably rob him of the majority of his blues and his few remaining greens. 149 Caps.. 1.073 club appearances.. that's 1.200 games he's got under his belt. This guy is not human, he's a machine!

Challenge Completed

DefGlsChallenge261.png

There you go. We did it. It's official now. He scored 10 for the season (9 club goals and 1 ITN goal) and brought us an unimaginable 261 goals! Was going for 100..hoped for 150 and dreamed of 200. Then dreamed even bigger of 250+ and the WR with it. I'm delighted I picked Bazoer for this challenge as he proved more than a worthy competitor. As I've mentioned before, big thanks to Ashez for coming up with this challenge. Definitely recommend this one for anyone out there looking for something a little different. I will play on until Bazoer retires, maybe 1 or 2 more seasons just to up his total a little more and make it harder for anyone out there attempting to break this record :) but I won't be posting any updates as this career is over. The one and last update I shall post is that of his final Goal Record History as proof and as a future reference for myself.

Riechedly Bazoer - Player History

RBfinalGLShistory.png

Under BatiGoal's guidance

Games (club + ITN) - 1078

Goals (club + ITN) - 261

Last but not least, thank you all so very much for the kind words, the support, the love and the encouragements. I enjoyed playing this career and as I've mentioned before it's turned out to be one of my all-time favorites for its uniqueness alone, but without a watching crowd it'd be like winning a final in an empty stadium. So a big thank you to all of you who've taken the time to read thru all of this and dropped a comment or two for me and Bazoer and hope to see you guys in my next challenge.

P.S. Once Bazoer's career comes to an end I will post his final Player History screenshot in here with his total # of goals and kindly ask @Ashez to place us onto the not-for-long-but-still-empty leaderboard. What rests me now is a nice cold beer to celebrate victory. Cheers guys!

GET THIS MAN A BEER! Mate, you are a legend, and deserve this challenge Victory because of all the effort you put into it. Every season was a new, intriguing twist to the story, or should I say legend, of Bazoer. Your incredible writing style made this even better than it was. You sir, are incredible!

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

GET THIS MAN A BEER! Mate, you are a ledgend, and desrerve this challenge Victory because of all the effort you put into it. Every season was a new, intriguing twist to the story, or should I say ledgend, of Bazoer. Your incredible writing style made this even better than it was. You sir, are incredible!

Thanks so much. Means a lot knowing that people enjoyed following Bazoer on this journey. Thanks for the beer ;)

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Great, now @BatiGoal will be even more overrated than he was before this challenge. What a fantastic achievement and my favourite career of the year so far to follow. Great stuff :)

:laugh: couldn't agree more on the first part. Second part..Thanks, mate!

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Biggest achievement of the year by some distance! Massive congratulations Bati! 

You as the creator provided the assist..I merely headed it home :D Thanks for the kind words, mate!

Congratulations mate it was a long ride but you got there in the end (like we all knew you would)! I can see myself in a year or two's time looking back on this just to experience the thrill once more! You sir, are a legend in my eyes!

8 hours ago, Mollers01 said:

Genuinely think you should tweet the great man himself to share yours (and his) achievement.

massive congrats mate, well done. 

Maybe the added pressure will lift his real life performances at Wolfsburg. He's doing much better lately tho, thanks for the comment :)

7 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Congratulations mate it was a long ride but you got there in the end (like we all knew you would)! I can see myself in a year or two's time looking back on this just to experience the thrill once more! You sir, are a legend in my eyes!

Appreciate it a lot, mate. 

I love re-reading careers, not just my own hehe, there's some amazing stories in the archives. I'd love to see a simple feature where members have the option to list say 3-5 of their own favorite careers. A previous version enabled us to provide those in our "signature" but that made the board look kinda messy. Still I'm sure there's a better way to accomplish this just like the fav. club for example with a simple tab.

Anyway, thanks big for the elevating words :)

Dude what can I say to express just how amazing this thread, this career and this achievement is I can't there is nothing to say

Spoiler

So I'll let the kids sing it

"All hail to him, the man the ledgend  the king

he was just a young pup, now no one will ever do enough

he broke a record and stole our hearts, 

no one could ask for more, all hail to him, KING BEZOR"

25 minutes ago, Taff said:

Dude what can I say to express just how amazing this thread, this career and this achievement is I can't there is nothing to say

Reveal hidden contents

So I'll let the kids sing it

"All hail to him, the man the ledgend  the king

he was just a young pup, now no one will ever do enough

he broke a record and stole our hearts, 

no one could ask for more, all hail to him, KING BEZOR"

Thanks biggie, mate. Love the song and love Bazoer's new name, way cooler :laugh:

Congratulations mate on a fantastic season and finishing this epic career. It has been fantastic career to follow and I can't wait for your next career.

16 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations mate on a fantastic season and finishing this epic career. It has been fantastic career to follow and I can't wait for your next career.

Thanks mate. Looking at a few shorties but can't find anything that speaks to me yet. Very possible there's another marathon coming up in a few days :)

11 minutes ago, Talisman said:

Hardly ever post/comment but with following this journey i have to. This was insane and such a great read, massive congratulations!

Always great to force a response out of infrequent posters :D thanks for the kind words and hope to see you around for my next adventure.

4 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Well done mate! And well done Riechedly. Great stuff and a true legend! Now, you just need to set your sights on 300 goals! ;) 

One never knows :) Thanks mate!

4 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

This has been thoroughly entertaining to read and you've managed quite the achievement. Looking forward to your next challenge.

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it. Next one's up already, but won't be able to start for a week or so. Thought I put it up now before I change my mind :)

NOW we're done :)

I decided to play an additional 2 seasons to make it the full 2 decades with our BPD. He announced his retirement at the start of season 19, but I persuaded him to re-consider once and he agreed. After 20 seasons I didn't bother to ask him again. I felt now's the time to stop. His goal tally went slightly up (+11 goals, 10 club and 1 ITN) and I feel I've got a decent number on the leaderboard now. So it's a total of 272 goals with RB. Thanks once again for this great challenge @Ashez and please be so kind to update that leaderboard when you got a spare moment, thanks (btw the challenge is buried somewhere in the FMH15 archives - let me re-post that first for you).

Riechedly Bazoer - Player Profile

RiechedlyBazoerS20.png

Riechedly Bazoer - Player History

RiechedlyBazoer272gls.png

Under BatiGoal's Management

Games (club + ITN) - 1196 Games

Goals (club + ITN) - 272 Goals

- The End -

Man, you need to be knighted! Sir BatiGoal the Great. Has a nice ring to it...

In other words, well done pal. Such an inspirational journey for us all to follow, each update was more hooking than the last, and I gradually found myself falling into the story of Bazoer and his ledgendary mentor. Congrats mate, a really good achievement here. Now it's time to continue this trend of awesomeness, and conquer England with your band of Scandinavian warriors!

Sir BatiGoal The Great <--THAT is what my kids are going to call me from now on, who needs PAPA :) Thanks mate. Bazoer clearly struggled to net the ball in his last season so it really was time to hang up his boots. Cheers mate!

Wonderful save Bati, it was a joy to follow! I'm not sure what amazes me more the fact you did so well or that ten odd goals a season was motivating enough to play for 20 seasons haha. 

Great Stuff and a True Legend!

Had my fingers crossed for 300, but 272 is an absolutely fantastic achievement and I totally understand when they reach that point that it's just not happening for them any more.  

Not sure how you kept it up for so long mate, a truly astounding achievement...