Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Defender's Story: 250+ Goals

BatiGoal

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Sounds like a plan let me know how you get on

It does feel weird. This club has so many wonderful attacking players and my latest challenge was all out attack with the TKO and now I'm going ultra defensive all of a sudden :) never had so many defenders in my squad lol

Season 6

The Squad

The squad counts 20 players at the end of this season and I couldn't have a better bunch to work with at the moment. It's one of those squads that you just wish they wouldn't age. Fantastic mix and so versatile they're able to pick of all sorts of new formations if needed. I'm enjoying every minute and every game of working with these players.

Best Keeper

• Ederson - He started this career as a sub behind the great Julio Cesar but coming off Benfica B he's established himself as an absolute top level goalkeeper. Having been first choice for 5 seasons he's had a seasonal AvR of 7.77 and conceding 25 goals per season in all competitions, and even picking up MoM on a couple occasions. Being just 28 he could feature another decade for this club. I surely hope he does.

Best Defender

• Riechedly Bazoer - Couldn't be anybody else, could it? Came to the club with a single green and has a collection of 13 at the moment. He's had another tremendous season as a Ball Playing Defender breaking his personal goal-scoring record and scoring an AvR of 7.50 in his 6 seasons at the club. He has yet to win the World Player of the Year, coming in as runner-up on a few occasions, but I'm sure he'll beat the handful of "more exciting to watch" strikers at some point during his career.

Best Midfielder

• Goncalo Guedes - Playing mostly as a Left Attacking Midfielder he's been instrumental in exposing the opponents' weaknesses. Also coming off Benfica B, which are absolutely rich in talents, he scored an incredible 117 goals with 152 assists in the past 6 seasons. Those are monstrous numbers which he couldn't have achieved had he not had great pace, technique, teamwork, dribbling and crossing. Still only aged 25 he'll be at the club until he retires, I'll personally make sure of that.

Best Forward

• Raul Jimenez - Despite being 31 and having played most part of season 6 as a sub for Ze Gomes, he's been by far our top striker. At this age he still possesses beautiful 18s in shooting, movement and pace among others. He's scored a sick 330+ goals for the team and is as consistent as they come. He's one of those players you wish they didn't age but Ze Gomes has done extremely well this season and is a very worthy replacement. Jimenez will definitely stay on till he retires as he's a true legend of the club.

The Transfers

Out - Rafa Silva and Ruben Dias. Simple reasons. Silva is 29 and Internazionale came along with 50M so I had to let him go. Having more than enough top quality replacements in line I granted him the opportunity to find a new experience in Italy. Dias was my former captain but having been sidelined due to injury his replacement did ever so well. Dias would eventually re-enter the team but he started complaining about lack of playing time as well as ridiculous wage demands. And if there's something I detest it's players putting more effort into their complaints than on the training ground. 

In - Ruben Semedo and Joao Cancelo. Semedo came from Bayern and is a worldclass Central Defender. He's basically Dias' replacement and a rock of a defender right next to Bazoer. Cancelo is a quality Right Back who provides much needed competition for places for Nelson Semedo. Both are top Full Backs and it's been a joy to watch these two fight that intense battle for a spot in the starting line up. They're evenly matched but looks like Cancelo is the slightly more consistent player and gets to begin season 7 as a starter.

The Formation

5-2-2-1. Playing a small squad of 20 men I've had to play a new formation on a couple occasions. I do favor this style of management tho as I'm able to guarantee everyone enough playingtime. Win win for everyone. But the main formation is still rocking in all competitions and giving Bazoer enough goals so we're keeping it.

The Holland Job

Unfortunately not much to report here. Jan Jansen is still on which means my waiting game extends another season. Sigh!

Bazoer's 6th Season

August

Spoiler

RBaugust.png

Best game was without a doubt the 11-0 victory over Vit.Sernache for the Supertaca. Bazoer got 1 and Gomes an incredible 5.

September

No goals from Bazoer during this period unfortunately. We did have some wonderful CL matches in a group with Chelsea, Ajax and Basel. Games against these sort of opponents are always entertaining and we managed to win 5 and draw 1 with Chelsea squeezing themselves past Ajax into runner-up spot only on the very last day. And it just so happened that we would meet again in the final in May. That would be some game..

October

Spoiler

RBoctober.png

Our signing R.Semedo proves his worth for the team and Bazoer gets his easy goal. A solid performance from the lads.

November

Spoiler

RBnovember.png

Another splendid 5-1 victory and once again a penalty for Bazoer to convert. At this rate he'll break his personal best without a doubt.

December

Spoiler

RBdecember.png

A crushing 1-6 win over Farense. Bazoer once again on the scoresheet with a magnificent free kick. Gomes makes newspaper headlines with 4.

January

Spoiler

RBjanuary.png

A rare home loss. Bazoer saved grace in front of the home crowd and remaining top of the league is a mere consolation but this defeat against our rivals from the North stings.

February

Spoiler

RBfebruary.png

A fantastic team performance with 6 goals and a clean sheet. Bazoer scored a very welcome late goal but having lost our left back Grimaldo to a longterm injury was a big blow.

March

A great month for the team scoring a total of 26 goals and conceding just 1. Unfortunately Bazoer wasn't among the goal scorers but by this time he had already surpassed his personal best of 15 goals / season.

April

Spoiler

RBapril.png

Bazoer recorded an amazing 3!! braces this season and this was probably his best. While the other 2 consisted of at least one penalty, this one was a well-taken free kick and a great header from a Zivkovic corner. Man of the Match Bazoer secured our 6th league win with this wonderful brace.

May

Spoiler

RBmay.png

As I mentioned back in September, we'd meet group buddies Chelsea in the final and we came short. We had very little trouble beating them in the group but apparently they re-energized in the meantime and beat us after E.T. Bazoer got his goal but it wasn't enough to win a 6th CL title. We're stuck on a respectable 5 but will miss out on the CWC matches in season 7.

League Champions

SLB100goals.png

One of my aims was to score 100 goals in the league and we did just that on the very last day. It's an achievement that means litterally nothing compared to what I'm trying to achieve with Bazoer but I'm still delighted with getting that number in. It means the team is producing the chances and goals for Bazoer and he's in the perfect place to get those 250+ goals at the end of the journey.

Bazoer is a Star

RBpositives.png

He's 5 to be exact. He's a top lad by now. Great positives and an indispensible member of the team. Rightly so. I'm particularly happy with his Creativity which is not unimportant for a BPD and his good Technique which is why a good number of free kicks ended up in the back of the net this season. More of that next season, Riechedly!

Bazoer Goals in S6

RBgoals2022.png

I'm delighted with his 18 goals. Only 2 short of that 20 I'm dreaming of and immediately games flashed through my head where he missed great opportunities to hit that number but I should be happy with this. And I am. Hardly any injuries too and very solid performances overall. No sending-offs this season and breaking his personal best by 3 goals I'm hopeful that being another year older and having more experience he's able to hit 19 or 20 come season 7. We're still very much behind Koeman's schedule of 250+ goals but I like the progress we're making here and I'll do my best to continue this upward line. Good job, Bazoer!

Progress

DefGlsChallenge86.png

Comments, Tips, Encouragements of any kind welcome. Thank you!

Edited by BatiGoal

Hugely successful season and great to see the amount of goals that you're able to wring out of a defender. 9 more seasons with 18 goals and you'll have eclipsed Koeman! KIU

18 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Hugely successful season and great to see the amount of goals that you're able to wring out of a defender. 9 more seasons with 18 goals and you'll have eclipsed Koeman! KIU

Thanks Mr. M.

Downside - goals are hard to come by for defenders. Upside - defenders generally perform until well beyond their 30s. :)

Another fantastic season dude, very chuffed for you and your main man

18 goals is a fantastic number for a Central Defender

Keep up the excellent work

Really appreciating this extra effort in the way you've decided to post this, really helps bring the career to life. Another brilliant total, long may it continue! 

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Great work, just read through and truly brilliant!

Thanks a lot, mate!

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Another beautiful season! Really enjoying following this. Although no wonder he's going so well, he has a tendency to bend the rules ;)

hehe, that could indeed be seen as a positive lol

53 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Really appreciating this extra effort in the way you've decided to post this, really helps bring the career to life. Another brilliant total, long may it continue! 

Appreciate all the comments guys, thanks!

Season 7

The Squad

Man, time really flies. We're in season 7 already and it seems like we've just begun. Well..I guess it's partly due to the challenge objective. The scoring is rather low and I'm used the challenges such as the 1K so being near 100 goals makes it seem like we're in season 2 but we're in fact halfway already. Bazoer is 26/27 and I'm guessing/hoping he's got another 7-8 seasons in him to produce the goals we desperately need. As for the squad, I'm still playing 7 lads from the original team back in season 1 when I started. So only 4 different faces in the starting 11 since the beginning which proves this squad and this club is worldclass.

The Transfers

None. I'm saving the money for a major revamp in maybe 3-4 seasons from now. Never even bothered to peek in the market to see what's out there. Zero interest for now.

The Formation

5-2-2-1 Not touching it. Oh come to think of it..I did have to touch it towards the end of the season which explains Bazoer's dry spell in April and May. No goals as he played in a back four. Injuries, suspensions, tiredness forced me to play a back 4 which means our BPD did much more defensive work than usual so not going forward with corners etc, and of course no luck with penalties and free kicks during that period. Still a decent return on goals this season.

The Holland Job

Big disappointment here. I was close but the guy just wouldn't get the sack. I was delighted to see Holland do terrible at the World Cup and Jan Jansen was 'v.insecure' until December had poor results winning by the smallest of margins to rubbish opponents and drawing mediocre teams but he miraculously managed to hang on to his job by the slightest of slivers. Very disappointing as I was kinda expecting to see it become available at some point this season.

Holland3rd.png

Surely this was reason enough to sack the guy. How embarrassing to both Brazil and Holland for failing to qualify in this easy group. The newspapers absolutely destroyed the squad and the managers and Brazil rightly sacked the man responsible but Holland kept faith. I bet if it was me getting these humiliating results I'd be out before even making the dressingroom on the last game. Oh well..we'll wait some more then but getting the job when Bazoer hits 30+ Hmm..not really in the mood by then. I may not even want to bother if that's the case, don't think I'll have the energy and motivation to lead the nation for such a small period. So if Season 8 or 9 doesn't give me a chance to have a go at the Holland Job I'll ignore it altogether.

August

Spoiler

2023august.png

Winning our derby match vs the team our beloved fans hate the most in the entire world is kinda nice. Convincingly too.

September

Spoiler

2023september.png

0-3 in Turkey allowing the home team a single shot wide is as good as they come. Fantastic performance from the team.

October

Spoiler

2023october.png

October brough Bazoer's first brace of the season. He's continuing the tradition of scoring twice in a game every single season.

November

Spoiler

2023november.png

Solid game in Sweden. Wasn't as cold as we'd expected so we did our thing and brought 3 points back with us. And 1 Bazoer goal.

December

Spoiler

2023december.png

Tough game this one. Was looking like a points loss in this one but Bazoer stood up and Horta delivered the final blow very late.

January

Spoiler

2023january.png

There's a Bazoer brace again. A free kick and a penalty. Starting to look like his trademark brace. Well done, Riechedly! Well done.

February

Spoiler

2023february.png

Really tough game in Spain for us. We're very lucky to have come away with a draw. Should've lost badly here but we stood our ground.

March

Spoiler

2023march.png

Belenenses quite surprisingly finished runner-up last season but were an entirely different side this season with a lower mid-table finish as a result.

April

No Bazoer goals this month. I was forced to improvise with the squad as there was a bit of a crisis going on so our 5-def formation turned into 4 at the back with Bazoer getting a very limited amount of chances to score goals. Result-wise we did great but we need Bazoer goals. League points are of no use to us.

May

Spoiler

2023ZBGaward.png

Again no Bazoer goals as we were still forced to play a 4-def formation due to too many defenders hit by whatever kept them out of the squad. Only positive was winning my 4th or 5th award. Nice but not knowing how many of these I've won tells you that I'm not really interested in getting this recognition. I much rather see Bazoer curling the ball into the back of the net after a well-taken free kick than a "nothing" award.

June

Spoiler

2023june.png

We missed out on this trophy last season so winning it this year and earning extra CWC games next campaign is great. Arsenal's bad fortune was our good fortune so we took full advantage of the two Gunners' sending-offs. Comprehensive win. Bazoer +1.

Bazoer Goals S7

2023RB16gls.png

Not too terrible all things considered. I want 20 but for the 7th time failed. 16 is good and adding that to Bazoer's previous total of 86 brings us to 102. That's 100+ goals for a defender. Hey, that's a pretty decent accomplishment of our guy. He's 26/27 years old and I believe he's got another 7-8 seasons in him. Could we actually get 200+ goals with Bazoer? When I started this challenge I was hoping for at least 150 and I think I can get there but 200 always seemed like a step too far, like a dream. But doing these calculations makes me believe it's very achievable if we continue along this path. I really do think 200 goals isn't too far away anymore. But to beat the king himself, Ronald Koeman's 253!! goals?? I'm really not sure if that number is realistic. Only 7-8 great seasons could bring us anywhere near that number so I'll forget that figure even exists and just play day by day season by season and make sure our Ball Playing Defender Bazoer focuses on his one and one thing only, which is scoring goals. See you in Season 8.

Progress

DefGlsChallenge102.png

Comments of any kind welcome. Thanks!

Edited by BatiGoal

Another great season

But those International Job's seem unrealistic this season there is no way the Netherland or Brazil would keep there managers on in real life if they failed to qualify from a group with Tunisia and Saudi Arabia (no matter what year it is)

Keep plugging away dude you'll get there eventually 

Thanks a lot @Taff. I have set a new minimum target for Bazoer of 150 200 goals. I'm quite confident he can make it seeing how well he's done so far.

Nice going despite the formation changes etc. He's definitely on track for 200 and Koeman's record may be in reach too (if you play him into the ground and he keeps going). Definitely feel your pain about the national job. Definitely needs rebalancing... 

55 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Nice going despite the formation changes etc. He's definitely on track for 200 and Koeman's record may be in reach too (if you play him into the ground and he keeps going). Definitely feel your pain about the national job. Definitely needs rebalancing... 

It does need balancing. Just had a look at the Hall of Fame and the top 20 still have the jobs they started with. Mourinho, Conte, Allegri, Mancini, Zidane etc etc still at their first job after 7 seasons.. That's a bit unusual nowadays. Managers used to get the sack way too easily but now after the "fix" it's the opposite. Shame as I could've been doing better otherwise. Same with the Villalibre career. Just couldn't get the job in 20 seasons so not 1 ITN goal there either.

14 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

It does need balancing. Just had a look at the Hall of Fame and the top 20 still have the jobs they started with. Mourinho, Conte, Allegri, Mancini, Zidane etc etc still at their first job after 7 seasons.. That's a bit unusual nowadays. Managers used to get the sack way too easily but now after the "fix" it's the opposite. Shame as I could've been doing better otherwise. Same with the Villalibre career. Just couldn't get the job in 20 seasons so not 1 ITN goal there either.

Same in my 1KC, England held on to Southgate for 12 year despite loads of underachievement. But Mourinho in the same job after 7 years? That tells you it's definitely not balanced right... :) 

Anyway, hope they sack him soon!

It goes both ways. Here's a fun screen cap from my game. image.thumb.png.973bd3a19a6bbfe3d0d273c607d565c9.png

Both Guardiola and Klopp got fired for at least the second time in less than two years. 

Yeah it remains all over the place then. One save every one gets the sack and the next it's everyone doing a "Sir Alex". :S

1 hour ago, danovic78 said:

Nice going on breaking the 100, 200 is defiantly reachable if he stays fit and keeps his stats beyond 32...

Thanks mate, I had an incredible start to the season scoring 10 from 13 games. Bazoer scored a whopping 4x in an easy Cup game. Absolutely blew me away!

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks mate, I had an incredible start to the season scoring 10 from 13 games. Bazoer scored a whopping 4x in an easy Cup game. Absolutely blew me away!

Shame he couldn't keep that scoring up!

11 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Shame he couldn't keep that scoring up!

Oops..I meant * have*. Was refering to the current season 8. Halfway now and there's a fair chance I'm finally getting those 20 goals in a season. 

Edited by BatiGoal

Season 8

The Squad

Unchanged. Well... I promoted one talent to the first team for extra defensive cover. Last year I was forced to play an alternative formation which cost Bazoer goals towards the end of the season and I'm not going to let that happen again.

The Transfers

None. No need as the squad's perfect. Saving up a massive transfer budget for an inevitable revamp 2-3 seasons from now.

The Formation

Unchanged. 5-2-2-1. It's still effective and got BPD Bazoer plenty of goals this season. He actually broke his seasonal record.

The Holland Job

No. Don't know how long I need to wait for this but it's becoming very very frustrating. I don't necessarily need it for this challenge but I'm trying to score a huge amount of goals with a defender so any help on any front it's welcome. Isn't to be apparently.

R. Bazoer's Best Bits

1. Bazoer gets his brace

RBmatch1.png

2. Wrong end of a shoot-out #1

RBmatch4.png

3. Wrong end of a shoot-out #2

RBmatch2.png

4. 1 for Bazoer 10 for Benfica

RBmatch5.png

5. 14 for Benfica 4 for Bazoer

RBmatch3.png

• First name: Riechedly
  • Last name: Bazoer
  • Position: Defender
  • Role: Ball Playing Defender
  • Goals: 4
  • BatiGoal's reaction: Holy Shamolyyyyy!
  • :D:D:D

R. Bazoer Finishing 3rd In All Categories

1. AvR 7.66 - 3rd place - Bazoer

RBavratings3rd.png

2. Assists 15 - 3rd place - Bazoer

RBgoals3rd.png

3. Goals 21 - 3rd place - Bazoer

RBassists3rd.png

There you go! Just realized one of my side challenges getting 20 goals with a defender. Took me 8 seasons of squad building, formation testing, tactics tweaking and a fair amount of fortune with few injuries and good amount of penalties among others. But Bazoer did it! I'm super happy with this :D

R. Bazoer's Goal History

RB21glsseason8.png

What a season BPD Bazoer's had. Absolutely phenomenal. 102 + 21 for the season makes 123 goals in total. 27 years old..hoping for another 8-ish seasons yeah those 200 goals are definitely falling. I'm confident and sometimes you gotta be confident. We believe in this club and in this formation. And having completed 8 seasons with Bazoer I see no indications why he wouldn't make the big 200. Ultimately we'd like to break R. Koeman's 253 goals which is still miles away tbh. We're in fact a few goals short of half that amount so it's fair to say that would be almost impossible. Especially considering that Bazoer is in his peak right now and by the time he comes close to the ultimate record he'd be a grandpa. Still can't see that happening but getting 200+ would make this challenge a big success for me personally. But we won't give up tho and we'll keep chipping away those goals until our hero says it's time to hang up those boots.

I've made an early start to season 9 already and pre-season showed promising signs of more great things to come. The entire squad is in its best form and Bazoer is going to hit 28yo and probably hitting his peak during the season. See you then!

Progress

DefGlsChallenge123.png

Thanks for reading and feel free to drop a few encouraging words. Cheers!

I think I know the answer but how are you saving your transfer funds for the future?

Also, your choice of OME is really working in your favor here. Do you think you would be doing this well on (more realistic(??)) EME?

36 minutes ago, veerus said:

I think I know the answer but how are you saving your transfer funds for the future?

Throwing it on the wages. I think it's fair as I've hardly spent anything till now so the club should have plenty saved up after a fair amount of success. Roughly 500M now.

36 minutes ago, veerus said:

Also, your choice of OME is really working in your favor here. Do you think you would be doing this well on (more realistic(??)) EME?

I really can't tell. I've never analyzed this BPD role on the EME like I have during this career. It would all depend on whether he goes forward with corners in this 5-2-2-1 formation.

If I would have to break down his goals during this career on average per season it's roughly:

• Free kicks: 6-8 gls
  • Penalties: 4-6 gls
  • Corners: 4-6 gls
  • Long shots: 2-4 gls

So very few long shots, corners and penalties about equal and majority comes from free kicks. I think on EME free kicks are about equal but I do remember getting nearly twice the amount of penalties. And the big question is how a BPD behaves with corners and if he attempts long range shots at all during open play. 

I hope someone gives this challenge a go on EME so I don't have to.

Edited by BatiGoal

Looks like you will be on track to at least get 200 goals. But if you keep 20+  goals a season you will get up to 250 easily!!  Can't wait for next season to see you beat your record