Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career United Vs United A Manchester Career

kts365

Introduction

I have decided to ease my way back into the game and community with a simple career.

The plan is to take FC United of Manchester all the way to the Premier league and to win all top level domestic titles and continental titles. 

So without further ado let's move on to season 1.

Season 1

Unfortunately I forgot to take screenshots of my transfers for this season however let's see how the team did regardless. I was hoping for a season 1 promotion though.

Screenshot_20170218-152350.thumb.png.2e90ab0f44b1020294fe761210846eb5.png

And we managed it with a 14 point gap too. Now let's see our key contributors for the season.

Screenshot_20170218-152328.thumb.png.32269874b3e83707593b2f9b829de461.png

Gilchrist knocked it out of the park on the goal front scoring 40 goals but my main man has to have been Connor McCloskey scoring 23 and assisting 15. 

Next up is the Vanarama national league and we will be aiming for promotion again to get this career really up and having a run upwards towards MUFC.

20 minutes ago, veerus said:

Neat. What formation did you use in the first season to stomp the division so hard?

I used a tactic I put up on here earlier this week but shifted the mentality from attacking to balanced.

Screenshot_20170219-225859.thumb.png.9cb3fefd0a6910cf94ccba081e2828d0.png

Screenshot_20170219-225904.thumb.png.a00097e29763e44324417251d19cb765.png

Seems to hold possession and can often overwhelm teams defences

There he is, How's it going dude, I've just been racking my brain trying to remember who had the immense grey player 1K last year as I'm attempting something similar and bang there you are

Great start dude, and i love the look of the tactic very intersting

3 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Great start :)! 

Thanks man. Trying to iron out the creases in that tactic haha.

2 hours ago, Taff said:

There he is, How's it going dude, I've just been racking my brain trying to remember who had the immense grey player 1K last year as I'm attempting something similar and bang there you are

Great start dude, and i love the look of the tactic very intersting

Going ok mate but I did break my phone and lose 2 saves I'd been updating on here so that left a bad taste in my mouth. I loved doing that grey player challenge last year too. I'm still amazed amazed it myself to be honest. 

The tactic is something I'd been using on a celtic career and decided to give it a go here.

Season 2

After a fantastic first season, earning us the league title and promotion that went along with it, we were again looking for a good performance this year.

I went on a recruitment drive to improve the strength and depth of the squad. 

Screenshot_20170219-211002.thumb.png.1910852595e2edd6e8156bdaa96e32c3.png

With these players we hopefully could push on and challenge for promotion again. So how did we do?

Screenshot_20170219-210927.thumb.png.c52f237fa8ced4993cddf95f4aecf514.png

We smashed the league again, another instant promotion. Let's once again look at the key contributors to this magnificent league victory. 

Screenshot_20170219-210911.thumb.png.9c4eee9485120554657dcf901b0bc134.png

Gilchrist again smashed it, improving on last year with 47 goals in 43 games.

McCloskey again provided plenty of assists with 20 and there were good contributions from Wolfenden, McLaughlin, Turner and Lee.

So another short snappy update this season. These updates will become longer if we manage a decent cup run but as it stands I'll settle for promotions haha.

Thanks for reading guys.

Season 3

Season 2 earned us another league title and promotion into League 2. I was hoping that season 3 would continue our upward trajectory like this and was aiming for playoff place. To achieve this I again went shopping for both improvements to the first team and to the squad in general.

Screenshot_20170220-221114.thumb.png.9c75b43518652f926698fb4d567d988d.png

With a very generous budget I brought in 5-6 first team/bench players. Particularly pleased to pick up Burgess and Agyei. I also brought in some promising youngsters. 

With this team we set out to obtain a good league position. My top man Jason Gilchrist started poorly scoring only 4 in 16 appearances so he was pushed out of the team by Agyei who began picking up plenty of goals pushing us up the league. He was then stricken by injury however and I was forced to play Gilchrist once again.  Did he improve his tally and maintain our form?

Screenshot_20170220-220742.thumb.png.e6b74f6570aab3daadbbf4971b11fe28.png

Yes! We smashed this league with over 100 points and goals. This team keeps surprising me. So how did we do it?

Screenshot_20170220-220822.thumb.png.d49d99ef00f1cf29d4e8a47f78b9c490.png

Gilchrist scoring 17 goals in 13 games  definitely helped a lot and there were plenty of players scoring and assisting all around the squad. 

What a season guys. Bring on league 1!

2 hours ago, Sousa_XI said:

Simply impressive work..  And your tactic seems to be solid too 

Keep it up mate 

Thanks man. It does seem to be holding up well.

Nightmare. I have just this second overwritten my data. No backup! I could scream. Worst part is I was second in league 1 bearing the end of the season 

Damn! :(

I was just catching up on this and about to say it was a great concept and you're doing fantastically well and then I get to the bottom and read that! So sorry mate... That really is a nightmare...

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Damn! :(

I was just catching up on this and about to say it was a great concept and you're doing fantastically well and then I get to the bottom and read that! So sorry mate... That really is a nightmare...

I'm bound to have another go but I'm not in the mood straight away 

Sorry to know that sometimes it's happen and then you feel bad.. 

You can always start again 

My self since yesterday I deleted all my saves and I started again fresh from the bottom same as what you have done 

Start again with only one save and backup save