Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Explain How To Make Player Interactions Work?

Zkbvjxq

Hi there,

With the improved player interactions I can't seem to get it right. No matter what I do I always seem to make a player lower their morale all the time.

Take example A: The player has two 5 ratings in three games, and had been called out in the media. I go in and give him negative interactions, but I don't fine the player. His morale drops from Poor to Very Poor, even though he had admitted and accepted his formal warning. Normally in the older games their when I gave them negative feedback they had their morale improved slightly. 

Example B: My assistant says that a player I had felt that my "rigorous training regimes have been especially enjoyable recently." His form was good as well, showing four 8 ratings in the last five games. I decide to praise the player, and since my assistant said that he responded well to Public pressure, I decided to praise him in public. The next day my assistant said that the player I praised had suddenly not decide to put in the required effort and commitment, and his morale had somehow lowered despite the praise. What's up with that?

Let me know what you have all found on making players happier with player interactions.

I don't know about player A but I think player B let the praise get into his head, maybe you praise him too much or maybe you should ask for more from them like praising when the get 9 and 10 and all players are not the same they would act differently depending on the personality of a player for example let's say player A is someone that is not confident in himself and he's in a poor run of form the right thing is not to criticize him because you'd end up destroying and since there's no other way to encourage him in the game than to praise him for good performance I wait till he does something good so I can tell him he has done well and he may gain confidence

Player interaction is a pretty stupid black box where 90% of the time you don't get the desired effect. I only do private positive on current form regardless of what the assistant suggests. It's the only option that I've had any sort of consistent results with. 

Would be nice to have a negative training interaction option since the positive one almost always results in a drop of morale. 

It's just how it is now.If you praise a player for training well, regardless if they're Messi/Townsend/a regen, their morale will drop 90% of the time. For negative interactions I get mixed results on a player Morale so it's a better option most times.

It's not very simple in its current state,  it it could be argued that the system does resemble elements of real life. You have to get to know how certain players react to certain comments over time. It's a system that relies on the user's knowledge of a player's personality rather than finding a foolproof technique that achieves a desired effect every time, for example, the current player training system.

The problem with "getting to know" a player is that there is limited interaction available and experimentation is very costly due to severe morale drops. Unless you want to reload and try every possible option to see which one works on that player. 

1 hour ago, Fish18ish said:

rather than finding a foolproof technique that achieves a desired effect every time, for example, the current player training system.

Lol. How can you call the training system consistent when players randomly become unhappy or slack at training with no real reason or way to remedy any of it. 

16 hours ago, veerus said:

The problem with "getting to know" a player is that there is limited interaction available and experimentation is very costly due to severe morale drops. Unless you want to reload and try every possible option to see which one works on that player. 

Lol. How can you call the training system consistent when players randomly become unhappy or slack at training with no real reason or way to remedy any of it. 

Do you think Alex Ferguson said, "oh I'll never talk to my players because I don't want to risk pissing them off"?

Regarding training, I was referring to consistency of the effectiveness of IT on player's attributes.

If players become unhappy about training the solution is to lessen their workload. Giving them a new contract also shuts them up. Players who moan at training or slack, tend to have personalities in accordance with such an attitude. So there is reason behind it and there is a way to remedy it.

Edited by Fish18ish
51 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Do you think Alex Ferguson said, "oh I'll never talk to my players because I don't want to risk pissing them off"?

Oh I'm very aware he didn't. However he had the luxury of talking to them and learning about what makes them tick. My issue is with the half-baked interaction system with limited options and nearly zero feedback. 

54 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

If players become unhappy about training the solution is to lessen their workload. Giving them a new contract also shuts them up. Players who moan at training or slack, tend to have personalities in accordance with such an attitude. So there is reason behind it and there is a way to remedy it.

New contract only shuts them up for a month. And I do try to lessen their workload however it's not always viable because they start losing stats with zero feedback about what makes them happy. This is compounded by the fact that you're only limited by 5 generic training schedules. Like, what can you do when your backup GK becomes unhappy with his training?

Sorry, I've just been very aggravated by this lately. 

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 04:43, veerus said:

Oh I'm very aware he didn't. However he had the luxury of talking to them and learning about what makes them tick. My issue is with the half-baked interaction system with limited options and nearly zero feedback. 

New contract only shuts them up for a month. And I do try to lessen their workload however it's not always viable because they start losing stats with zero feedback about what makes them happy. This is compounded by the fact that you're only limited by 5 generic training schedules. Like, what can you do when your backup GK becomes unhappy with his training?

Sorry, I've just been very aggravated by this lately. 

Yea, player interactions and training are still rather shallow in this game..hope they revamp it next year but not holding my breath. The goalkeeper issue happens to me as well, I have no choice but to sell him since I refuse to dumb down training for both keepers.  

I find that the only thing worth doing is giving private positive interactions on form. Everything else is practically useless as they tend to lower morale.

33 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

I find that the only thing worth doing is giving private positive interactions on form. Everything else is practically useless as they tend to lower morale.

The only interactions with players I ever do is the ones in the media/news feed re current form or transfer speculation. Those are usually OK. I ignore everything else.