Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Latin Europe Challenge

So I've jumped on the challenge, I'm not really the best tactical person, but as you said "if you don't try, you won't know"...

So, I picked INTER for Italy and bought Jhon Córdoba for my first attempt, his stats told me for a young age he could be the one and can only get better with the right training and playing time through the season. So, first challenge:

IMG_0298.thumb.PNG.542a38711cb705b0841f63b45e8e7f15.PNG

IMG_0299.thumb.PNG.f72f6573ddca0ef883aebb243686dad2.PNG

IMG_0300.thumb.PNG.10e271229585432c00c0085891d300ee.PNG

waiting for next job... 

My first half-season with PSG is complete, and having taken over in 8th, we have finished the season top of the league, and having won the Euro Cup and French Cup. I didn't expect any less on the trophy front, but Jesé was not the sensation that Eder was in Serie A. Instead, Cavani was the main threat, but I see enough that one of them can be the record breaker, as neither had hit double figures when i took over in January.

IMG_0252.PNG

IMG_0253.PNG

IMG_0255.PNG

13 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@Lagom Looking forward to see your PSG-Jese/Cavani project.

@Cockers2505 great pick that Cordoba guy.

@Taff can't go wrong with Juve, mate.

I'm with Juve but after a small run with Higuin I may have found a hidden gem, so started again still with Juve but now have a star little striker who is doing better than all the others I've tried

Taff, that is exactly how I felt about Eder. I had built my tactic around others, and he was only a replacement for el Shaarawy, who Barcelona shelled out £60m+ for. He came in and tore it up at LW

Same here tried Fiorentina first but couldn't get anyone to score consistently, then tried a few different strikers at Juve, even brought in Vardy to try and get and Englishman to own all the records but then Higuain started scoring so I started again with him, then this young striker I have now started so I thought once more into the breach but he seems to be doing well (not setting the world on fire) but scoring at a more consistent rate then the rest

Someone I bought I wanted to strengthen a few areas so sold off Dybala, Coman and Higuain plus a few others and managed to bring in some top quality players like Goretzka, Douglas Costa, de Vrij plus this young striker and he's doing the business and turned into a top quality striker

Truthfully I'd never heard of him, originally he was brought in as a backup incase Higuain got injured then he played and bang he became my new star

An abject failure from myself in my first full season as PSG boss, at least when it come to the challenge anyway.

Jese suffered a long term injury in pre-season, and rather than work with what I had, I decided to panic and bring in someone who I knew had goal scoring pedigree. Unfortunately, he cost me way more than I'm happy to say out loud, and I made the mistake of ignoring the game, and playing him out wide, rather than central. That said, he ended the season 10 goals off the target, but I'm confident another season playing in front of Nabil Fekir will see him snatch the record.

IMG_0256.PNG

IMG_0257.PNG

Edited by Lagom

Martial injured in training right before our first competitive game of the season. Out for a month! Re-jigging this early does not bode well.

I'm struggling with the French league, got good scorers but no where near the numbers required for the record, can you leave the league and move to one of the other countries and then come back later or do you have to stay in that country until you have cracked it!! 

7 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

can you leave the league and move to one of the other countries and then come back later or do you have to stay in that country until you have cracked it!! 

Sorry, you can't. You can only move up a stage once you break the record.

6 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Really like the sound of this save, thanks for posting. 

Are we okay to start after the update or does it have to be before? 

Thanks. Yes, you can start any time.

3 hours ago, Rjgreeno said:

No idea how I am going to do the last stage it's so hard to find a striker let alone get them to 80 goals

It took me 5-6 seasons to get to stage 4, Messi's monstrous record, where I failed numerous times. Best was 77 goals. By the time you reach La Liga all teenagers at the start of the game should be at their peak. So there's really a lot of good strikers out there, but you can't take too long to get to the final stage.

I think it has taken me 8 seasons and all the good strikers are to expensive and the sqaud I have is not set up to get them to 80 goals

Thanks @AndersJ there isn't any secret, I thought I was quite poor as it took me 5 seasons to get past stage 2 and 3 seasons to make the striker get the elusive 50 goals, just got the FCP job so hopefully I can get past stage 3 easier than France... I thought about the 1k and the UK challenge, but wanted to see if I could achieve this one first

My Inter/l'OM/PSG save has become corrupt, and so I am left starting from scratch. I was tempted to start with the same team/player, but instead decided on something new and more challenging. The Euro Cup was a deciding factor for me, as they had to negotiate a qualifier and a playoff, meaning 4 games before the 38 game season, and with qualification, at least another 6, in which to break the record.

Initially I was going to use Gregoire Défrel as my main striker, but couldn't find a suitable LIF, so instead, Défrel and Berardi play and feed my only signing...

IMG_0264.PNG

IMG_0265.PNG