Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Over Complicating Tactics

Ed

Hi,

I had a tactic that was inconsistant, I wont delve into the tactic to much as thats not really the point, but its 4-4-1-1 counter, the key element seems to be the triangle in the middle, that consists of BWM BBM and the AP in front, I have also tried DLP instead of the BWM depends on the players I have available.  Anyway what I do it play through the centre to my AP so that he can have maximum influence on the game and keep the defence solid.

But I thought that that I had to adapt my tactic to who I was playing, so would sometimes assign Pressing or change the passing to Mixed if I felt that they where stronger than me in the middle...  and it worked sometimes but I think it was actually the route of my inconsistancy.

So now I start every game the same, counter and through the middle...  then adapt once I see the line up (this is also due to the scout reports being generally wrong), that seems to make my tactic more consistant.  

Playing as Fulham I have won my first four games in the league, in the cup I have played my second / youth team as I want to concentrate on the league, beat Northampton 1 - 0 but then got knocked out by Chelsea 2 - 0 away, but considering it was my second / youth team it probably wasnt a bad result.

So unless I go on a horrendous run it seems to be better not to change, if the AI seems to workout my tactics I will change the BWM to a DLP and see if that helps keep my tactic working.

Ed

Do other members believe that AI can workout and defeat your tactic (no offence Ed) I have kept the same winning tactic for 4 seasons now and continually strengthen my squad with better players each season and the last season was actually the best yet. Tweak your tactic but don't change it as your team will have to adjust to your new one making results haphazard. If you are winning games then there can,t be much wrong with it.

1 hour ago, slambo said:

Do other members believe that AI can workout and defeat your tactic (no offence Ed) I have kept the same winning tactic for 4 seasons now and continually strengthen my squad with better players each season and the last season was actually the best yet. Tweak your tactic but don't change it as your team will have to adjust to your new one making results haphazard. If you are winning games then there can,t be much wrong with it.

Would you share it as i cant find any that works mate

5 hours ago, Maco99 said:

Would you share it as i cant find any that works mate

Go to tactics it is called 4-2-3-1 slambo,s winning tactic. Part of the success is down to the intensive training method by Rami(genpressing jurgenkloppstyle).If you can't find it I will send it to you..Use players with good decisions and pace( I believe it's the only attribute that cannot be beat by the AI).

9 hours ago, slambo said:

I think you may be correct slambo they may not work out tactics, I think its probably more about making sure your tactic and players are consistanly correct.

For example I play with a BWM but if I am unable to find a decent one in the game I think I should change my tactic, i.e maybe change to a DLP or a CM etc, so keeping your tactic fresh, changes in tactics working / not working probably relates more to the players available than purely AI learning...  although saying that I am playing with a TM at the moment with Poacher set to the position because I have no money to buy a decent poacher, and he is still scoring...  but I think my tactic would be better / more consistant if I had a proper Poacher.

Just an update, 25 games in, lost 3 drawn 5 won the rest, top of the championship...  

2 hours ago, Ed said:

I think you may be correct slambo they may not work out tactics, I think its probably more about making sure your tactic and players are consistanly correct.

For example I play with a BWM but if I am unable to find a decent one in the game I think I should change my tactic, i.e maybe change to a DLP or a CM etc, so keeping your tactic fresh, changes in tactics working / not working probably relates more to the players available than purely AI learning...  although saying that I am playing with a TM at the moment with Poacher set to the position because I have no money to buy a decent poacher, and he is still scoring...  but I think my tactic would be better / more consistant if I had a proper Poacher.

Just an update, 25 games in, lost 3 drawn 5 won the rest, top of the championship...  

Does your tactic rely on your TM having a good game to bring the poacher into the game?(just an obscure question).  I tend to find a lot of players can fulfill various roles as they can in real life, so long as their stats match my criteria of that position I will alter the preferred role( I always had bentaleb as my BWM even though the game would suggest he was a BBM). 17 wins out of 25 is a good win ratio for a team which sounds like you would still like to improve a lot

7 hours ago, slambo said:

Go to tactics it is called 4-2-3-1 slambo,s winning tactic. Part of the success is down to the intensive training method by Rami(genpressing jurgenkloppstyle).If you can't find it I will send it to you..Use players with good decisions and pace( I believe it's the only attribute that cannot be beat by the AI).

Cheers mate ill try it now

Hi Ed, can you share with your tactic 4-4-1-1? I'm also a big fan of 4411 or 4141 :) I use as you in center BWM-BBM or DLM + APM and in front TM, sometimes Pcr. But what about wings (FB & W) and team instruction?