Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays The Caretaker Challenge

Ashez

Great stuff - a gripping read, must have been intense when you were playing it!

I was going to ask why you passed up the Scottish chances, but you answered that above. 

Can't wait to see where you end up next!

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Great stuff - a gripping read, must have been intense when you were playing it!

I was going to ask why you passed up the Scottish chances, but you answered that above. 

Can't wait to see where you end up next!

Fine line between intense and frustrating :P 

The reasons mentioned and because I wanted to play in the Championship tbh, it's a league I enjoy as it has some great teams but it's not somewhere I play often. If I went to a top division it's likely I'd not want to drop back down to the Championship so I just did it now. 

Thanks for the kind words, Ashez, and for understand somewhat of where I was coming from. Maybe it will be interesting challenges or career like it was for you. I think I need to put dowb the mobile for a bit and take a little healthy time away first. At least from playing the thing myself. Frustration factor is just too high right now. Something will draw me back I'm sure.

I hope you don't mind me getting my fmm fix through you and the community in the meantime! :laugh: 

11 minutes ago, BleedsBlue said:

Thanks for the kind words, Ashez, and for understand somewhat of where I was coming from. Maybe it will be interesting challenges or career like it was for you. I think I need to put dowb the mobile for a bit and take a little healthy time away first. At least from playing the thing myself. Frustration factor is just too high right now. Something will draw me back I'm sure.

I hope you don't mind me getting my fmm fix through you and the community in the meantime! :laugh: 

Yeah I understand that, I took a break most of last year tbf. A step back always helps that's for sure. That FMM bug will bite you when you least expect it, just don't force it is my advice as it'll come naturally. I thought I was done with the series, I was ready to walk away but a mixture of Vibe and 2017 managed to pull me back in. My enjoyment has it's ups and downs ATM, I can be addicted or hating the game every other day but I'm just taking the rough with the smooth tbh. The game has more issues than I care to mention and many more that go under the radar but at it's core it's that series we all love so passionately. 

Delighted to be of service :D

4 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Wow what a season, like a yoyo! 

Some great signings too mate! Bailey ive used before and he was sound for me. 

He didn't get much game time tbf as I don't use wingers but I did retrain him to be a striker. Star wise I can see what all the hype is about though :) 

3 hours ago, Taff said:

Another great season dude and very gripping you might take the title of "King of Suspense" from @scratch99 at this rate

Calm down mate :P

I'm loving this career - doing the same myself. Took on my hometown team Reading in my third season with them struggling (in my previous seasons with Yeovil and Chesterfield I came in after their manager was poached by a bigger side, with them doing well). My season with the Royals did not go well and I ended the season early, in February.

Back into League One with Charlton now, hoping to rebuild some reputation before hitting the Championship again!

33 minutes ago, Mollers01 said:

I'm loving this career - doing the same myself. Took on my hometown team Reading in my third season with them struggling (in my previous seasons with Yeovil and Chesterfield I came in after their manager was poached by a bigger side, with them doing well). My season with the Royals did not go well and I ended the season early, in February.

Back into League One with Charlton now, hoping to rebuild some reputation before hitting the Championship again!

Sounds exciting, best of luck in your future seasons mate :). 

As for myself I've just been too busy to update recently, had a lot of stuff going on with the family that has kept me occupied or I've not been in the mood to update. I'll try and get an update out this week though :). 

Ashez Plays The Caretaker Challenge
Season Five

Hello viewers of Vibe, as you can see i am once again back and bringing another update of this journey directly to your eyeballs! Unfortunately there has been some delay for various reasons but i'm somewhat forcing myself to do this update in the hope it will get me interested again. I've burnt out massively on the game due to overplaying this save and trying to force other ideas, unfortunately for both of us when i'm not playing the game posting about it becomes easy to put off. Instead of trying to force myself through this rough patch i decided to take a step back and now i feel ready to be jumping back, i'm especially looking forward to catching up on all the careers i've fell behind with recently, if yours is one i have neglected i do apologise and i promise i'll get to it soon! Anyway you aren't here to listen to my ramblings so let's crack on with the show shall we?

A Brief Recap

Spoiler

Last season we left West Brom after winning the Championship and earning promotion to the Premier League. This title was a fourth on the bounce as we also managed to pick up league titles with Dartford, Bradford City and Barnsley. We also managed to secure an international trophy as we were surprisingly appointed as the manager of Nigeria which saw us claim the African Cup Of Nations. 

3Ma4sv8.png

Season Five

The Job Centre

Spoiler

Link One

wPED2EW.png

Nothing came of this unfortunately, especially as we're already in October!

Link Two

zp3OyPU.png

I applied but heard nothing back! This is starting to be a massive worry as we're already closing in on mid November!

Available Jobs

BphNk9p.png

I'd love to take Liverpool off Sherwood's hands!

Finally An Offer!

0opoJpr.png

Look at that date! 29th of December! I had no choice but to accept as i couldn't go a season without a job. The question is, is it a job i would have taken either way?

My Next Club Will Be....

80mGMED.png

The Starting Point

Spoiler

Expectations

dOGrgWm.png

Reasonable

Current League Position

piU7kDX.png

Six points behind heading into January, can we claim a massive five league winning streak?

Transfers

Spoiler

We missed all of my usual part one seasonal break down so let's dive straight into the transfers and the second half of the season. 

TbvdyEp.png

I just added what i could to the squad with Rakitic being a massive get. Unfortunately i also dipped my toe into the regen market but as i said this save is all about me playing in ways i wouldn't usually. 

January To End Of Season

Spoiler

Our First Match Outside Of England

kmaB9rc.png

Oh this should be easy! Yes i know that's a December date but i wasn't having a whole section for that one image :P 

The Bounce Back Kings

WbsG3wE.png

Joke!

Dropped Points & Ground

cobh0dT.png

The gaps got bigger! 

League After Matchday 25

32n6Ir1.png

This might be more challenging than i expected! 

A Season Defining Period

qPpYxzP.png

Every thing hangs in the balance!

Celtic

HmEpBML.png

We snatch a win! 

Rangers - League

eTfztJz.png
CHZ0Vtk.png

The pressure gets too Rangers as we claim another massive three points!

Rangers - Cup

CO6dE7k.png

Rangers keep their heads this time as we head to a replay. 

We're Top The League!

bU92VF5.png

All be it due to playing a game more. 

Rangers Cup- Replay

uh6Hg5J.png

Dundee run riot!

The First Of March

WU31Ivj.png

This will go to the wire!

Oh No!
A Season Defining Disaster!

fm6eOqD.png

My only decent keeper ruled out for the season! My own fault for not having a decent backup but damn this will hurt if it ruins our run in. 

The Backups First Match

c4rk2kf.png

Gulp. He had three shots to deal with and all went in.

More Keeper Troubles

hxW0o6B.png

That's us out the cup :(

Enough Is Enough

6wIYVkn.png

Table Start Of April

7xx785e.png

Our Run In

db6kdcz.png

That's some May that!

Derby Disaster

kBuCAT4.png
fMRC2fh.png

This is all falling apart

Has The Streak Died?

Bbj8wgN.png

Five points? 

Final Nail In The Coffin?

99haJ1a.png

The streak is surely over now. 

Rangers

MaGsui5.png

Now we bloody turn up!

All For Nothing

BVhTEzO.png

Season Review

C8g5uyn.png

Final League Table

Gs8mGBS.png

A heartbreaking end to the season. The keeper injury was a massive turning point, if that didn't happen i'm sure we'd have claimed the league. 

Player Information

Spoiler

Goals

sAppYuY.png

Assists

K4KOdnF.png

AvR

VoC6Zav.png

Most Important Player/s

Spoiler

Ivan Rakitic
Stats

UrWOpza.png

Well i wasn't going to pick a regen was i.

Results

seJ1wSm.png

Was a joy to use and responsible for a goal every two games, can't ask for much more. 

Manager Information

Spoiler

7Jheujc.png

Hopefully next year brings more silverware! 

The Final Thing We Have To Do

cIzhZa1.png

Our first adventure outside of England was a success even if it ended in disappointment, all i can do now is wonder where oh where season six will take us. 

As always thank you for reading and please remember to leave a comment. 

So close to another title, really unfortunate to lose your GK. He clearly was the turning point. I'm guessing if you were fully committed, like you usually are, and enjoying the game 100% surely you would've taken the time and effort to pick up decent (GK) subs somewhere. Still a fantastic run no one at the club had dared dreaming of.

Really enjoyed the read, mate, it's the kind of challenge and career that makes me go: "man, I wanna get some of that". And I'm pretty sure I will at some point.

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

So close to another title, really unfortunate to lose your GK. He clearly was the turning point. I'm guessing if you were fully committed, like you usually are, and enjoying the game 100% surely you would've taken the time and effort to pick up decent (GK) subs somewhere. Still a fantastic run no one at the club had dared dreaming of.

Really enjoyed the read, mate, it's the kind of challenge and career that makes me go: "man, I wanna get some of that". And I'm pretty sure I will at some point.

Can't blame that on not caring tbh as played it weeks ago now haha. In all honesty I very rarely bother having a solid back up keeper, on most my saves I usually just rotate aging free transfers so it was bound to catch me out at some point I suppose :(. As this is one season I didn't pay much attention to the squad tbh, I just made sure I was solid in the important roles and stormed the seasons and it's pretty rare for a keeper to get a long injury. 

As I've said repeatedly it's a wonderful challenge that's always fresh and quick to play. Like this season I skipped most of it so it's like a hours game time so the seasons can fly by depending on how much you skip. Tbh skipping the first few months and the first transfer window is a massive time saver haha. 

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

A fantastic read as always mate, that keeper injury killed you, really unlucky!

Cant wait too see where you end up next! KIU

Just have to learn from the mistake I guess! Just a painful way for the streak to end! Hopefully I'll have some revenge on Scotland at a later point :). 

The next season has some interesting developments. 

2 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

That was a massive chunk of bad luck on cammy bell mate! On to the next ?

It sucked but you could say the game has been generous in previous seasons so I'll take it on the chin. Always about the journey and not the winning :)

Unlucky mate, that title was so close, if you had turned a few of those draws into wins the title is yours. I know what you mean about having free transfer goalies Petr Cech is currently my third choice keeper in one of my saves. Can't wait for your next season. KIU

Another great season dude, taking it to the wire

The GK was a bit of bad luck, they are very rarely injured in the game but it's always when you really don't want it that it comes to bite you in the ass

Looking forward to seeing where this little adventure goes next KIU

8 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Unlucky mate, that title was so close, if you had turned a few of those draws into wins the title is yours. I know what you mean about having free transfer goalies Petr Cech is currently my third choice keeper in one of my saves. Can't wait for your next season. KIU

It was a painful one but my luck had to run out at some point I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Another great season dude, taking it to the wire

The GK was a bit of bad luck, they are very rarely injured in the game but it's always when you really don't want it that it comes to bite you in the ass

Looking forward to seeing where this little adventure goes next KIU

Yeah, if he wasn't injured for so long it might not have had as much of an impact but the damage was certainly done. 

Thanks for the comments lads :) 

Two main thoughts come immediately to mind:

1. We finally got you to Scotland!
  2. You are actually human! 5 in a row would have had me doubting:) 

But mate, that is such bad luck. Absolutely no doubt you would have won without that injury. Actually, finishing second like that would have been a great result even without the injury, so you are still overachieving. But such a shame about the run being broken

Can't wait to see what's next!

Decided to look into it: 

Start Of Season - P:20 C:36

Before Injury - P:29 C:45 - P:9 C:9

After Injury - P:38 C:56 - P:9 C:11

Rather close but if you look at the manor of the goals conceded you can see how damaging the injury was. The keeper didn't perform and we dropped 5 points vs Dundee who scored 7 goals from 9 shots. 2 from 5 in the Patrick match too isn't ideal but can only work with images I've posted here. 

We only finished 2 points behind so conceding one less goal in the 3-3 thriller vs Dundee could have seen us claim the title. All ifs and buts but that's the nature of the beast haha. I'm positive if Bell hadn't have got injured we'd have picked up those two points we needed but then again maybe Celtic wouldn't have dropped off after they won the title. Also impacted the cup as doubt we'd have been hammered otherwise but that's the fun of FMM

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Two main thoughts come immediately to mind:

1. We finally got you to Scotland!
  2. You are actually human! 5 in a row would have had me doubting:) 

But mate, that is such bad luck. Absolutely no doubt you would have won without that injury. Actually, finishing second like that would have been a great result even without the injury, so you are still overachieving. But such a shame about the run being broken

Can't wait to see what's next!

Haha I've always been human! I'm never scared to show my failings, that's part of FMM. 

Thanks for the comment :) 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Haha I've always been human! I'm never scared to show my failings, that's part of FMM. 

True. My most recent failings at CC10 at the hands of pandaman was painful but fun. One of my most educational failings was the Feeder Club Challenge I never got around posting here. A while back but the idea was to sell your best 5 players at the end of each season for a duration of at least 5 seasons, and only use half of the earnings for transfer funds. Well, I got the sack before that lol but I came to learn not to build a squad dependent on a few individuals only but as a whole. Sure learned my lesson.

And there's more examples but even failings can be fun to follow. Whaddayaknow.. I'm wandering off in your wandering career..they call me wanderer..the wanderer..dara dara dara..

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

True. My most recent failings at CC10 at the hands of pandaman was painful but fun. One of my most educational failings was the Feeder Club Challenge I never got around posting here. A while back but the idea was to sell your best 5 players at the end of each season for a duration of at least 5 seasons, and only use half of the earnings for transfer funds. Well, I got the sack before that lol but I came to learn not to build a squad dependent on a few individuals only but as a whole. Sure learned my lesson.

And there's more examples but even failings can be fun to follow. Whaddayaknow.. I'm wandering off in your wandering career..they call me wanderer..the wanderer..dara dara dara..

If saves like that interest you let me push you in the direction of this challenge @BatiGoal

It's brutal but great fun, MM and myself did a head to head with it a few years back which I think had some edited rules (as everyone kept failing, think we skipped first window and removed having to win league) but not sure top my head but it's easy to find. With how transfer fees have changed this year I wonder how difficult this challenge will be now. 

A familiar one indeed. I came across that one during a search for a new career (my current save) a month or so ago. There's plenty of good options for a new challenge, which I'll need soon. Thanks for the reminder.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

A familiar one indeed. I came across that one during a search for a new career (my current save) a month or so ago. There's plenty of good options for a new challenge, which I'll need soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Yep Vibe is full of great options for careers, it really brings the game to life. Selling them slowly is easily one my personal favourites though :). 

5 hours ago, Gonzolito said:

Yes, an update ! Nice ride in Scotland ;)

Sorry for the delay, hopefully my failings were worth the wait haha :)