Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BatiGoal

Adding Flavor To Your Career

There's nothing worse than starting a career with high hopes and losing interest after a couple seasons in. Every career you play needs to have that something that makes you want to pick up your device and continue the journey. You need to want to enjoy the full ride as much as you need to want it to last forever. And when it does end you need to feel sad it has and wish it could last just a few moments longer. That's the added flavor every career needs to make it last. To make it memorable. To make it "live".

There's a few things you can do to add that little extra flavor to your career.

Read Up On The Club's History

• Would you watch a final without looking at the line-ups? Without any pre-match talks? Without a glance at what both finalists achieved and had to go through to get where they are? It's exactly these sort of build-ups that your careers need. There are so many amazing facts to discover or re-discover when you read up on your chosen clubs' history. The talents that have come up through the academy. The fairytale championship title run. The darker and gloomier days each and every club carries with them that should motivate every staff member, player or manager to avenge and try to make it forgotten. Knowing what your club stands for and knowing what it has achieved over the years and decades really adds a lot to your career and makes you want to make it a successful journey. Win for the club.

Read Up On The Player's History

• This is one of the best build-ups you can have when you're playing a career, especially challenges where your chosen players play a central role. Read up on his life. Where he began his professional career, the clubs he's succeeded or failed at before he decided to join yours. But go even further back to really add that extra flavor your career needs. These players are people. Where he was born, his hometown, how he and his family struggled before he realized his footballing dream. It takes only a few minutes but will add hours of enjoyment in a career. Perhaps it's a way to live the dream we ourselves failed to realize through them by getting to know them a little better as a person and before they became these famous footballers. Knowing your players' backgrounds adds huge amounts to your career and really makes you want to play till the very end until you succeed. Play for the players.

Remember/Reward Club Legends

• It can be something as simple as bringing back former club players you love or want to see playing in that shirt and in that stadium again. But what I'm more refering to is rewarding those who have done so much for you and the club. A player with several hundred appearances for the club or hundreds of assists or goals surely doesn't deserve to be brushed aside as soon as they hit their late 30s. Keep them in the squad if they're willing to accept their new role. Be proud seeing their name when you scroll through your squad. It motivates youngsters to see their childhood heroes with them in the dressingroom. The pre-game peptalk surely can do no harm to the team. You can even go as far as offering them a position in your staff despite having an abundance of quality coaches at your disposal. Sometimes it isn't that what your career needs, it's that romantic story that makes you play on. It's this type of flavor that can keep your motivation and interest up when playing long careers. Cherish your club legends.

Relive Clubs' Glory Days

• This can be seen as a side challenge to your career. Look up your club's/player's stats or records and try to achieve or even break these. When you're playing smaller teams it's especially refreshing to win the trophies that are still missing in the trophy cabinet thus have never been won before by any manager at the club. It may not be as big an accomplishment as your main challenge but it certainly adds that bit of flavor knowing that you've just won your club's first Cup or Championship. Bring back the club's best days.

Emulate Clubs' Playing Style

• This can be the most difficult of all to achieve but it could also be the most rewarding in terms of adding that extra 'feel' to your career. Of course we mustn't forget that every new manager is unique and brings his own approach and playing style to the club, but the club has its DNA imprinted in every hardcore fan's heart and they want to see their beloved team play a certain way. Think about the great AC Milan side in the 90s, the other Italian giants Torino back in the 40s before that terrible disaster struck and took their players, the Total Football of the mighty Dutch that conquered the world in the late 70s early 80s, or perhaps the entertaining yet effective style Dortmund fans can't live without. We are of course dependent on the squad players at our disposal, but if you manage to identify your clubs DNA and emulate how the fans expect to see your team play it's hugely rewarding and really adds that special 'feel' to your career what no challenge, achievement, player or manager can. It is in my opinion the flavor that adds the most to any career when you successfully emulate the club's formation and tactics that all fans identify with. Give back to the fans.

I hope any of these add that little bit of extra that your careers may be lacking or that it has helped you to re-discover or re-energize the enthusiasm in your career or the interest in the game itself. Thanks for reading and feel free to drop a comment.

Edited by BatiGoal

Thanks for posting this! I really was becoming jaded with the game and I certainly need some flavor to my saves. Thinking of doing a Sporting CP one in Portugal.

Thanks for the comments guys. Great to hear you enjoyed the read and that it has revived your motivation to continue playing those careers. Better keep the flavors in or careers will be short-lived.

Cheers!

To develop the young player (not famous) in this club to a legend!

Like I did for Dodoo and Lawrence in Leicester city in my FMM2016 save.

7 minutes ago, rseven said:

To develop the young player (not famous) in this club to a legend!

I like that. Creating club legends and if possible making them 1-club players. Not too many of those around anymore. Nice flavor, R7.

Edited by BatiGoal

Nice article.

It will certainly help by knowing the club more, especially for lesser known clubs, You want to know which other clubs are rivals, you don't want to treat derby games as just any other game, so hype it up in your imagination.

I remember/reward club legends by selling them at their peak and bringing them back when they are old. Their reward is an opportunity to challenge themselves at other clubs, I mean they did win practically everything from their teenage years all the way till they are 28/29. I do have that small handful of unsung hero players who stick around though, they mean so so much.

Edited by Meow
3 hours ago, Meow said:

Nice article.

It will certainly help by knowing the club more, especially for lesser known clubs, You want to know which other clubs are rivals, you don't want to treat derby games as just any other game, so hype it up in your imagination.

Thanks.

And great point "Know Your Rivals". That adds a great deal to a career as well. Nice one.

3 hours ago, Meow said:

I remember/reward club legends by selling them at their peak and bringing them back when they are old. Their reward is an opportunity to challenge themselves at other clubs, I mean they did win practically everything from their teenage years all the way till they are 28/29. I do have that small handful of unsung hero players who stick around though, they mean so so much.

We all play our own way and this is also something that adds a lot to a game. Playing a regular career just doesn't cut it for most of us anymore so we imagine these things and add these little side stories to make it much more interesting and exciting. The game itself can get boring fast but it really is Vibe and our imagination that make it what it is.

Thanks for the comment.

On Wed Mar 08 2017 at 17:50, BatiGoal said:

There's nothing worse than starting a career with high hopes and losing interest after a couple seasons in. Every career you play needs to have that something that makes you want to pick up your device and continue the journey. You need to want to enjoy the full ride as much as you need to want it to last forever. And when it does end you need to feel sad it has and wish it could last just a few moments longer. That's the added flavor every career needs to make it last. To make it memorable. To make it "live".

There's a few things you can do to add that little extra flavor to your career.

Read Up On The Club's History

• Would you watch a final without looking at the line-ups? Without any pre-match talks? Without a glance at what both finalists achieved and had to go through to get where they are? It's exactly these sort of build-ups that your careers need. There are so many amazing facts to discover or re-discover when you read up on your chosen clubs' history. The talents that have come up through the academy. The fairytale championship title run. The darker and gloomier days each and every club carries with them that should motivate every staff member, player or manager to avenge and try to make it forgotten. Knowing what your club stands for and knowing what it has achieved over the years and decades really adds a lot to your career and makes you want to make it a successful journey. Win for the club.

Read Up On The Player's History

• This is one of the best build-ups you can have when you're playing a career, especially challenges where your chosen players play a central role. Read up on his life. Where he began his professional career, the clubs he's succeeded or failed at before he decided to join yours. But go even further back to really add that extra flavor your career needs. These players are people. Where he was born, his hometown, how he and his family struggled before he realized his footballing dream. It takes only a few minutes but will add hours of enjoyment in a career. Perhaps it's a way to live the dream we ourselves failed to realize through them by getting to know them a little better as a person and before they became these famous footballers. Knowing your players' backgrounds adds huge amounts to your career and really makes you want to play till the very end until you succeed. Play for the players.

Remember/Reward Club Legends

• It can be something as simple as bringing back former club players you love or want to see playing in that shirt and in that stadium again. But what I'm more refering to is rewarding those who have done so much for you and the club. A player with several hundred appearances for the club or hundreds of assists or goals surely doesn't deserve to be brushed aside as soon as they hit their late 30s. Keep them in the squad if they're willing to accept their new role. Be proud seeing their name when you scroll through your squad. It motivates youngsters to see their childhood heroes with them in the dressingroom. The pre-game peptalk surely can do no harm to the team. You can even go as far as offering them a position in your staff despite having an abundance of quality coaches at your disposal. Sometimes it isn't that what your career needs, it's that romantic story that makes you play on. It's this type of flavor that can keep your motivation and interest up when playing long careers. Cherish your club legends.

Relive Clubs' Glory Days

• This can be seen as a side challenge to your career. Look up your club's/player's stats or records and try to achieve or even break these. When you're playing smaller teams it's especially refreshing to win the trophies that are still missing in the trophy cabinet thus have never been won before by any manager at the club. It may not be as big an accomplishment as your main challenge but it certainly adds that bit of flavor knowing that you've just won your club's first Cup or Championship. Bring back the club's best days.

Emulate Clubs' Playing Style

• This can be the most difficult of all to achieve but it could also be the most rewarding in terms of adding that extra 'feel' to your career. Of course we mustn't forget that every new manager is unique and brings his own approach and playing style to the club, but the club has its DNA imprinted in every hardcore fan's heart and they want to see their beloved team play a certain way. Think about the great AC Milan side in the 90s, the other Italian giants Torino back in the 40s before that terrible disaster struck and took their players, the Total Football of the mighty Dutch that conquered the world in the late 70s early 80s, or perhaps the entertaining yet effective style Dortmund fans can't live without. We are of course dependent on the squad players at our disposal, but if you manage to identify your clubs DNA and emulate how the fans expect to see your team play it's hugely rewarding and really adds that special 'feel' to your career what no challenge, achievement, player or manager can. It is in my opinion the flavor that adds the most to any career when you successfully emulate the club's formation and tactics that all fans identify with. Give back to the fans.

I hope any of these add that little bit of extra that your careers may be lacking or that it has helped you to re-discover or re-energize the enthusiasm in your career or the interest in the game itself. Thanks for reading and feel free to drop a comment.

Cheers for this little gem of a post. Much appreciated. 

Looking forward to the update for new potential teams I would not of used before. Lyon being one. 

Any imminent plans for saves? 

3 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Cheers for this little gem of a post. Much appreciated. 

Looking forward to the update for new potential teams I would not of used before. Lyon being one.

Thanks a lot for your kind words. No need to quote the entire article tho :)

3 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Any imminent plans for saves? 

I'm doing -Defender's Story 250+ Goals- right now, update tonight, and probably a few short careers after that. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, Daniel Chan said:

Well I'm trying this out with AC Milan :) Thanks Bati (Y)

You're welcome. All about flavors, mate :)

Something I've also realized,especially for people who like picking clubs in the really lower divisions - there's the story element of leading a giant-killer Cup run as well!

Also there's a hell of a lot of stories down there :)

On 3/11/2017 at 02:27, kylieboi88 said:

Apologies for that lol! 

Ill keep my eye on them then mate. Thanks 

No worries, mate.

On 3/11/2017 at 11:09, KennyMiller27 said:

Something I've also realized,especially for people who like picking clubs in the really lower divisions - there's the story element of leading a giant-killer Cup run as well!

Also there's a hell of a lot of stories down there :)

Good idea. That's something I'd like to do someday, that or an unemployment challenge with a twist, but need to take a little break from long careers. 

Screenshot_20170307-153200.thumb.png.4d5c3ec489e24a4b6e25be09f90838ed.png

This is my current save. 

Enjoying it come all the way up from the bottom with no unlockables. Taken some going lol. 

Just starting a new season now, eagerly awaiting update to get going with Dortmund

Ha, good old Concord. That brings back some memories. But what's with the badge? Or did I play a different 'Concord'? The reason I played them was because they had a beautiful badge. Ok... as I'm writing memories slowly turn into answers .. I played Concord Rangers purely because they have one of the nicest badges.

Back on topic.. These awesome badges add loads to the flavor as well so if you haven't downloaded a logopack yet I recommend you to do so.

@BatiGoal Unsure who you was. This is their actual badge lol. Might of been Canvey Island? Same town. 

Otherwise maybe SI just updated the badges lol. I do not have any add ons.

Good article, With plenty of ideas to rekindle your interest.

One thing I do is a transfer saga. I put 5 or 6 of my best players I don't want to sell into a bowel. Pull out a name at random and sell them. You get the challenge of replacing your star player and also get to see if they cut it at another team. 

2 hours ago, Niall C said:

Good article, With plenty of ideas to rekindle your interest.

One thing I do is a transfer saga. I put 5 or 6 of my best players I don't want to sell into a bowel. Pull out a name at random and sell them. You get the challenge of replacing your star player and also get to see if they cut it at another team. 

Thanks!

I like your 'transfer saga'. Will be fun to follow players' progress of life after you, especially when you're a good few seasons in.

26 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks!

I like your 'transfer saga'. Will be fun to follow players' progress of life after you, especially when you're a good few seasons in.

Ye I like to do it after a few seasons. I find if you have a particular player i.e. Like a winger or a striker you don't get to sign or experience some of the other gems in the game at that position so it's fun to move them on and try rebuild