Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Vaughan To Be A Star?

Hi Guys, I am back again after a little break. I have been playing but my saves/careers have been ruined to various bugs throughout the game! :(

I now picking up one of my favourite challenges from the last few years -

The Son Don't Let It Slip Away Challenge

I had played many of the these short challenges over last few years with players such as Federico Macheda, Keirrison, Macauley Chrisantus and Tony Watt.

Its a very simple challenge, picking up a failed wonderkid and taking him back to the top and winning trophies.

For this year's challenge I have gone back to my beloved Toffees and picked up our youngest ever goal scorer and still youngest ever Premier League Scorer

James Vaughan

2z53cpe.jpg

Vaughan was 16 years and 271 days old when his goal against Crystal Palace in April 2005 set not just a club but a Premier League scoring record. What happened next was an awful run of luck with injuries. There were several knee operations, the severed artery in his ankle he suffered one Easter Monday at Bolton and, as he recalls with particular dismay, the dislocated shoulder which stopped him just as he looked poised for a breakthrough season in 2007.

All in all he made only 11 starts for Everton and, after a season on loan at Crystal Palace, moved on to Norwich in 2011. Once there, though, his injury jinx struck again: he suffered a cartilage injury in only his third substitute appearance after his £2.5m transfer and ended up making just one start for the club. Spells at Huddersfield and Birmingham and finally at Bury in League One. 

So we pick up Vaughan for a cheap £1.5m but where to go...

I decided on somewhere warm to help him overcome his injury issues (I have used him before and he was injury prone but a scout report this time said he was fine, time will tell) and take him to the wonderful city of Lisbon and Sporting Clube de Portugal

2un0y.jpg

n1cf3l.jpg 

Oh dear, safe to say the signing didn't go down well with the Board, time for Vaughan to show them what he is made of....

1zqf31w.jpg

Edited by danovic78

Oddly enough I crossed paths with him on my save and I did think how far he's fallen haha. Love the title btw, very well played! Good luck mate :) 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

This is the kind of flavor I'm talking about :) nice picks and finally back to career mode. Goodluck making Vaughan a star.

Thanks, not played as Sporting since Championship Manager on the PC.....;)

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Oddly enough I crossed paths with him on my save and I did think how far he's fallen haha. Love the title btw, very well played! Good luck mate :) 

I know, he has been very unlucky with his injuries and I think it took its toll on his pace and explosiveness that made he a great prospect.

Season 1 - Sporting Clube de Portugal

So Vaughan starts his new life in Portugal, trying to put his injury problems behind him and seeing what he can achieve at his new club. Due to his age I am looking for this to be a short 5 season career, collecting all the trophies on offer and player awards.

Transfers Out

Basically getting rid of all the wide players! Delighted to so much for Ruiz too.

2cibonm.jpg

Transfers in

Toornstra was needed to compete for the AP role with Vogt and Chalobah strengthen the midfield. Opare is probably the best RWB for value in the game I think and Gouweleeuw is a bargain for a great BPD.

295po9k.jpg

Vaughan has a dream debut as he hits a brace his league bow for Sporting.

51oc2v.jpg

A few goals in the the first 5 games and he is deemed a star, weeks after being branded and awful signing!

4lnf3p.jpg

Taça de Portugal

Despite completely dominating the game as we somehow lose on penalties to Gil Vincte. Vogt with a rare brace.

jf9ov7.jpg

League Cup

First trophy for me and Vaughan as he opens in the scoring in an easy win over Braga in the final.

2upczuc.jpg

Primeira Liga

A great first season as we clinch the title from Benfica.

25s2xzk.jpg

Champions League

Incredibly, surprising even myself we take our first ever Champions League with a win over PSG.

121tzkz.jpg

Player Awards

Vaughan's first season is complete with the Portuguese Player of the Year Award with Carvalho runner-up.

2csdo50.jpg

Young Gauld's impressive season is rewarded with the Portuguese Young Player of the Year Award.

rlm2qe.jpg

Squad Stats

Vaughan was the stand out performer in his debut season. Backed up by some strong midfield performers Gauld and Adrien Silva. Schelotto at RWB was oustanding.

2hdp25d.jpg

3 Sporting Stars

Here I will highlight three other member of my squad that has shone throughout the season.

Kevin Vogt

Bought really a BWM but has excelled as a CM and even managed to get 12 goals too even though his shooing is well below par.

i28rbb.jpg

Ryan Gauld

The young scot took his chance this season and produced great consistency in the AP role.

a09vyt.jpg

William Carvalho

The highly rated DLP showed his class all season and attracted a £44m bid from Arsenal, that was rejected and he didn't moan either.

nnwu2q.jpg

James Vaughan

What a debut season! Just one short of 50 goals and a clutch of trophies including Player of the Year and Champions League Winner too. He stayed injury free too but I think he has missed his call up to the England squad, unless I can become manager!

96ztao.jpg

169i1k3.jpg

2n0qwbq.jpgAPPS (44) GLS (49)

Primeira Liga 2eceryv.jpg

League Cup mm77kx.jpg

Champions League 9hpg00.jpg

Portuguese Player of the Year 2d2hq4i.jpg

Edited by danovic78

You want a great BPD? Get Bazoer :D

Fine first season and a gorgeous AvR of 8.45. That's massive. Definitely 50+ next season. Go Vaughan!!

13 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You want a great BPD? Get Bazoer :D

Fine first season and a gorgeous AvR of 8.45. That's massive. Definitely 50+ next season. Go Vaughan!!

Bazoer...? Never heard of the guy?? ;)

I think at that time I didn't have much cash in the pot so went for the cheap option. All my sales were right at the end of the transfer window, which was very annoying.

44 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Great start and yes great Numbers from Kevin V :)!

Thanks. Vogt is great buy, very versatile in a number of midfield positions.

27 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Great start mate. Vaughn looks like a very interesting choice. KIU

Thanks, yeah he has had a great start. Not sure he would have the same effect in a tougher league but he is perfect for Portugal.

On 3/10/2017 at 15:54, Ashez said:

Excellent start mate :) 

Thanks Ash, he was surprisingly consistent throughout the season.

On 3/11/2017 at 06:29, Ares_2 said:

Great performance with Vaughn;)

And what formation and mentality setting you use?

I am using a 3-3-3-1 formation, its still developing at the moment so when I test it a bit more I will release it. Its for the OME also.

Season 2 - Sporting Clube de Portugal

Transfers Out

Just cleared out the B-Team moaners!

2dk0flz.jpg
o7own5.jpg

Transfers In

Walace came in the boost the midfield also with Kessie too, although he went out on loan. Benassi was bought in January to help with some injury issues. Coates loan was made permanent for a bargain price and Silva came in as cover.

30nezux.jpg

The Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira

A Vaughan brace helps us open the season well against the old rivals Porto.

rkc5lz.jpg

Euro Super Cup

Second trophy of the season as a single Geraldes goal helps us beat Dynamo Kyiv

2w38ccp.jpg

FIFA Club World Championship

Three trophies down as now as we struggle in the final

kbx8ig.jpg

League Cup

Another final win over Braga helps us to our forth trophy so far.

o7r76g.jpg

Champions League

We fall to Sevilla in the Quarter final, clinical finishing in the first leg did for me.

3008a2q.jpg

Taça de Portugal

We are taught a lesson in finishing by Benfica as the blow us away in the Final.

b7exdj.jpg

Primeira Liga

We retain our title comfortably.

am2k2b.jpg

Player Awards

Due to Vaughan's prolonged injury absence, Andre grabbed the Portuguese Player of the Year Award with Vaughan runner-up.

2q0sroy.jpg

Geraldes' debut season is rewarded with the Portuguese Young Player of the Year Award.

2wcmi4x.jpg

Squad Stats

With Vaughan was plagued by injury all season, Andre took his chance after his promotion from the B Team to blast 41 goals in just 29 games. Geraldes, another B team promotion was outstanding in the AP position and Zeegelaar dominated from LWB.

o8uveh.jpg

Manager Stats

29ipi1.jpg
ae85lw.jpg

My 3 Sporting Stars

Adrien Silva

My captain marvel driving the team from midfield and also chipping in 16 goals.

301ddat.jpg

Francisco Geraldes

Fresh back from his first season loan and promotion from the B-Team. He ousted Gauld as the first choice AP in my team and has developed massively from first team football. A International call up can't be far away.

2wfloyf.jpg

Marvin Zeegelaar

With his winger like stats he makes the perfect LWB and produced the goods for me all season.

2vj3cwi.jpg

James Vaughan

From great and horrible in one season. He was dogged by injuries all season! In training and in matches, I just couldn't keep him feet. I hope this isn't the start of awful injury problems as it could ruin this save. He did manage 28 goals in his 33 matches but he promised so much more. 

He did add more trophies to his collection and is just two away from a complete set including....The Ballon D'Or, is that even possible??

2yjotqb.jpg

148n66g.jpg

2en53yc.jpg

ir5h7s.jpg

2n0qwbq.jpgAPPS (77) GLS (77)

Primeira Liga 2eceryv.jpg 2eceryv.jpg

League Cup mm77kx.jpg mm77kx.jpg

Portuguese Player of the Year 2d2hq4i.jpg

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira spkivb.jpg

European Super Cup 289becm.jpg

FIFA World Club Championship 1109jwj.jpg

Season 2 - Sporting Clube de Portugal

Transfers Out

Again just clearing the B-Team.

voua9i.jpg
28i6p8l.jpg

Transfers in

A good free deals for Pucciarelli and Pantic to provide squad depth. Plus some youth teamers.

jhts7r.jpg

Vaughan on target as we ease past Benfica in the season opener.

no8w1e.jpg

League Cup

Andre Silva does a number on us in the final.

o930us.jpg

Champions League

A season full of final defeats, a last minute equalizer and I thought we could win it but Inter claim the title.

xmj135.jpg

Taça de Portugal

Vaughan celebrates his Ballon D'Or by blasting 9 goals a week later!

v75vzq.jpg

Another final defeat, all going well till the red card.

2v11dw2.jpg

Primeira Liga

Our third title was a stroll with over 100 goals.

o56s6x.jpg

Player Awards

Vaughan has an incredible start to season....could it be?

33b02tj.jpg

He has done it! James Vaughan takes the Ballon D'Or!

28s6n2o.jpg

Vaughan caps his season with the Portuguese Player of the Year Award with Zeegelaar runner-up.

wule0z.jpg

Sqaud Stats

Vaughan was unstoppable this season, 69 goals in just 44 games! He bounced back well from last season's disappointment. Benassi drove the midfield with Zeegelaar bombing down the left side. We changed to a sweeper system this year and it worked well.

2lvnn7.jpg

Manager Stats
nwigt2.jpg

10h2dza.jpg

My 3 Sporting Stars

Marco Benassi

Was the shining star of my midfield. Did well in the CM or AP position.

wlvy8j.jpg

Francisco Geraldes

Another outstanding season, called up for Portugal too. Is one of the best AP in the game now!

2zi3fr5.jpg

Marvin Zeegelaar

Mr consistent, did even better than last season with 26 assists

2dkc012.jpg

James Vaughan

What a bounceback season for Vaughan. Smashed the goals in stayed fit all season!

I realised he is missing one trophy, Taça de Portugal!

2ro6qm0.jpg

2n0qwbq.jpgAPPS (123) GLS (146)

Primeira Liga 2eceryv.jpg 2eceryv.jpg2eceryv.jpg

League Cup mm77kx.jpg mm77kx.jpg

Portuguese Player of the Year 2d2hq4i.jpg2d2hq4i.jpg

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira spkivb.jpgspkivb.jpg

Ballon D'Or 2vaxp1y.jpg

Awesome season, mate! How far do you want to take him? He could already retire and look back to his bumpy career a proud man. 69 gls... 70 would be nicer tho :)

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Awesome season, mate! How far do you want to take him? He could already retire and look back to his bumpy career a proud man. 69 gls... 70 would be nicer tho :)

Well, I was aiming for just 5 seasons. I am in season five now and he is going downhill so I may bow him out then and look for something new.

I know 70 would have been great!

6 minutes ago, Jens said:

Wow, amazing going. Some nice achievements with the CL in the very first season.

Thanks, I know it was surprising indeed that made it all the way in the first season.

Great career dude, sorry it's taken so long to catch up with it

I think your right if you can claim the Taca de Portugal this season then allowing Vaughn to bow out would not be the worst idea

1 minute ago, Taff said:

Great career dude, sorry it's taken so long to catch up with it

I think your right if you can claim the Taca de Portugal this season then allowing Vaughn to bow out would not be the worst idea

Thanks mate. After the five seasons he will be 33 so nothing he would be starting to struggle stats wise.

10 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Thanks mate. After the five seasons he will be 33 so nothing he would be starting to struggle stats wise.

You don't want to do more than 5 seasons I think as the save will lose it's appeal to you

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

You don't want to do more than 5 seasons I think as the save will lose it's appeal to you

Yeah, he is always boarding on being injury prone anyway. Will have a bash at a season with Veron!

Season 4 - Sporting Clube de Portugal

Transfers Out

Wallyson just fell behind some other lads so was shipped out and so was Schelotto.

2jdnuad.jpg
so4zuo.jpg

Transfers in

Koziello provided more competition for the CM and Foulquier in at RWB.
Costanzi was youth regen for LWB and McCarthy just as cover in goal.

fx4hty.jpg

It takes us to extra time to see off Benfica in the season opener.

2u4lamo.jpg

League Cup

How embarrassing as we go out in the group stage! :unamused:

2hr36g1.jpg

Champions League

Sevilla do a number on us here, we somehow failed to score with over 30 shots in two games! :@

aet7q1.jpg

Taça de Portugal

A Vaughan double helps beat Porto to the lift the title.

2z4dzpj.jpg

Primeira Liga

An unbeaten league campaign.

16kz0cy.jpg

Player Awards

Geraldes fine form is rewarded with the Ballon D'Or.

2afzdx3.jpg

Geraldes does the double by landing the Portuguese Player of the Year Award with Carvalho runner-up.

2r70dwm.jpg

Kessie takes the Portuguese Premier League Young Player of the Year award.

34snk7s.jpg

Sqaud Stats

Vaughan was unable to match his last seasons heroics and had a few injury issues that restricted his games and goals.
Benassi and Geraldes were outstanding in the middle.

6nyz2e.jpg

Manager Stats

Wow! Finally win the Portuguese League Manager of the Year Award!

evdora.jpg

357k1nd.jpg

ogkh34.jpg

My 3 Sporting Stars

Marco Benassi

Again, drove the midfield on with goals and assists.

107w49l.jpg

Franck Kessie

He is now pushing Carvalho for the DLP role.

2emdhsn.jpg

Dimitri Foulquier

Bought in for the RWB squad role and quickly become a first team regular.

avojzl.jpg

James Vaughan

He was never gonna match his tally from last season but struggled with injury again and only managed 31 goals. 
Also by winning the Taça de Portugal he has now won every trophy available!

xprm6d.jpg

2n0qwbq.jpgAPPS (157) GLS (177)

Primeira Liga 2eceryv.jpg 2eceryv.jpg2eceryv.jpg2eceryv.jpg

League Cup mm77kx.jpg mm77kx.jpg

Portuguese Player of the Year 2d2hq4i.jpg2d2hq4i.jpg

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira spkivb.jpgspkivb.jpgspkivb.jpg

Ballon D'Or 2vaxp1y.jpg

Taça de Portugal 5zqhaf.jpg

The league cup group can be brutal, you drop any points at all and you're in danger for sure. Beautiful league win though! 

Is this challenge complete now as he's won everything? I can't remember the end goal haha. 

Either way he's had a very impressive revival :D 

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The league  cup group can be brutal, you drop anybpoints at all and you're in danger for sure. Beautiful league win though! 

Is this challenge complete now as he's won everything? I can't remember the end goal haha. 

Either wat he's had a very impressive revival :D 

I know, silly defeat as usual against the old foe 4-4-1-1! ;)

One more season, said I would do 5 seasons as didn't want to drag it out with Vaughan barely able to get out of bed. I am shocked to have won so much, especially with a brand new tactic.

24 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I know, silly defeat as usual against the old foe 4-4-1-1! ;)

One more season, said I would do 5 seasons as didn't want to drag it out with Vaughan barely able to get out of bed. I am shocked to have won so much, especially with a brand new tactic.

Sneaky old AI :P 

I see, bring on his final season then! Hopefully he goes out with a bang....That isn't the sound of his knee exploding ;) 

55 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Sneaky old AI :P 

I see, bring on his final season then! Hopefully he goes out with a bang....That isn't the sound of his knee exploding ;) 

I have learnt now to zone out when I come up against that....;)

Yep, one final season to bow out in glory!

45 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Great invincibles run in the league and Vaughan killed it once again. Make it a killer final season, mate.

Lovely unbeaten run, doesn't happen very often...