Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career One Season Only: Vardy Shooting For 80 Goals (SO CLOSE)

Scratch

Pfff I'd be a total wreck after a career like this.. 

Congrats mate. Great achievement! Now it's time to take on the Latin Europe Challenge :P

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Even getting one goal had to be late and dramatic! The game loves keeping you in suspense! 

Contrats on another great career :D. Any thoughts on what's next?

Have a nice time away mate. 

Thanks! Yeah, I'd pretty much about written it off - I had that sinking feeling with time running out... Then he pulled that out of the hat! 

I think the game is toying with me... My first reaction was "you just can't make this up". Then I thought "no one will believe this", so I got the video (which I probably would have done anyway)...

My careers (that I've written about here) have gone: Tight success with Armstrong, total failure with Mitrovic, tight success with Vardy; so I guess the one is going to be a write off.

I might do one I've been thinking about for a while: Replicating Nottingham Forest's back to back Champions League win. But that might be a little too easy (anything can be achieved with time it seems), so I'll probably add the twist that it can only be achieved with English and Scottish players, just like the original one. Hmm, that might be too hard! Total failure on the cards... Seems about right.

I do want to try some of the forum challenges and I have the double 1KC planned too, but I might need a break from goal scoring careers for a while. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Pfff I'd be a total wreck after a career like this.. 

Congrats mate. Great achievement! Now it's time to take on the Latin Europe Challenge :P

Thanks! I *am* a total wreck! I actually played April, May and June straight until 3:30am last night. Could not put it down. Could not watch what was happening. At least one game I zipped through with no highlights (I always watch them), because I couldn't bear it. Then I got a grip on things, but it kept messing with me until the very end...

I wouldn't mind giving the Latin Europe Challenge a go, or one of the other ones around at the moment, but I think I have my heart set on something else (see my comment to Ashez above this). I need that sort of a challenge now. Building a club up. Not an individual one. Not moving around....

The game has a strange sense of romance, like it knows what we're aiming for and it'll try and deliver it in the most intense way possible lol. 

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The game has a strange sense of romance, like it knows what we're aiming for and it'll try and deliver it in the most intense way possible lol. 

I was almost tempted to say that if the game 'knows' that your team is going to win, it will let you win in dramatic circumstances to increase enjoyment of the game. Then I thought real life football is like that sometimes too...

GO ON MY SON!

Great stuff, @scratch99, another challenge defeated. I'll be thanking you for inadvertently guiding me in my endeavors in my thread soon enough - your careers have really helped me. Can't wait for your next one!

52 minutes ago, Jack.Holt said:

GO ON MY SON!

Great stuff, @scratch99, another challenge defeated. I'll be thanking you for inadvertently guiding me in my endeavors in my thread soon enough - your careers have really helped me. Can't wait for your next one!

Thanks! Glad these careers have be useful - makes it worth writing them up!

Dude don't take this personally but I can't follow any more of your careers, my stress level is through the roof reading your stuff

Congrats on another great career looking forward to seeing what you do next (if I can bare to follow)

There you go. Nothing groundbreaking. Ha, I just find a tactic is good, if there's balance, and players are fit and in the right positions.

was1.jpg

was.jpg

@Gonzo Thanks, agree with the balance, i'm happy with my current tactic, was just curious to see what had brought Rashford all of those goals, good work mate

Thanks bud. It got to the point where I was raising an eyebrow at my phone for nearly every game. Think it helps with the quality around him too. Pogba is just insane in this game. Finding it too easy to be honest. That's why I've started new game with Scunthorpe. (Managed to pick up Antonio Cassano half way through first season on a free) :D

*Just realised, Christiansen is supposed to be a BPD. That's only difference.

6 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I was almost tempted to say that if the game 'knows' that your team is going to win, it will let you win in dramatic circumstances to increase enjoyment of the game. Then I thought real life football is like that sometimes too...

oh without a doubt the game is scripted in that way to some degree. Even if it is related to the "rubber banding AI". Like more often than not the human player will win the league on GD than the AI will, or the AI will lose that last match that would give them the title over you kinda thing. It feels dramatic for the player and is rewarding but it feels scripted, it doesn't happen 100% of the time so there is some drama/chance there the AI will over take you but more often than not from my experience you get what's needed.

The rubber banding AI is clear as day in the league table, like you can go undefeated until January then everything falls apart for no reason until the AI closes the gap, then magically your form improves. No different to how in racing games if you pull ahead second place will just appear out of nowhere by teleporting or going at speeds the game doesn't technically allow. 

Congrats on another close call going your way!

Ashez & Taff - I think this is the perfect way to do the final title without spoilers - (so close!!!)