Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jens

The 10 Best Belgian Talents On FMM17

For some years now, Belgian players have been at the top of football. What started out with Marouane Fellaini at Everton, Moussa Dembélé at Fulham and Jan Vertonghen (<3) at Tottenham, has evolved to Belgian talents being the pick of the crop in international competitions. At one point, every Premier League Club wanted to have it’s very own Belgian, simply as a symbol of prestige.

Since then, a lot of new and hot talents have turned up. Some have proven unable to live up to their hype (Musonda, Januzay, Bakkali), while some others still have time to grow. Others still are turning up, filling Belgian hearts with hope as the current ‘Golden Generation’ is slowly starting to age. Kompany, tunring 31, Vermaelen as well, Vertonghen already 29, just as Mertens is becoming 30. Who will be our stars of the future, and who should you invest in on FMM17?

Mile Svilar

The son of Antwerp FC legend and goalie Ratko Svilar, he is proving to be even better than papa. On FMM you’ll find him on every database available at Anderlecht. He’s only 16 years old and can be snapped up for just 3 million euros (you can make the conversion yourselves, right?). He is my favourite youngster this year and in every save I have to have him. Using the IGE, I’ve found him to have a PA of 4.5 stars, while he’ll occasionally drop down to 4 stars. But still, he’s good enough for most of the semi-top teams on the game. If you’re managing outside of the big 4 leagues, he’ll be your number one for two full decades. Great value for money, that is.

Leander Dendoncker

People often forget about this insanely talented 21 year old, purely because he plays alongside Your Tielemans (Youri Who, right?). You’ll have to cough up some 12 million euros to take him on, but I promise you he’s worth it. He often gets a 4 star PA, with the occasional hike upt to 4.5. But what he lacks in star potential, he always makes up for in hard work and excellent game ratings. Even when he had a 4 star PA, he’s never been a disappointment, not even in my league winning Spurs side. Take a chance on Dendoncker!

Nicolas Orye

Nicolas is more of a gamble. Usually you’ll find his PA at around 3.5 stars. Very decent for any team looking for some reinforcements up top in any competition outside the big 4. Great player for lower league teams or say the Belgian Pro League. You can usually snap him up for less than 500K; I’ve managed him once for 100K. Great value for money.

Nany Dimata

Now here’s a real gamble for you. After playing an excellent season in real life, this 18 year old has received an upgrade, courtesy of SI. You can now find this gem with a PA of 4-4.5 stars. An excellent player to take on the 1 K challenge with… if you’re lucky, that is. If you like those odds, you can snap him up for about 2 million. Great player for something like the Turkish teams who need quality on a budget.

Dante Rigo

Another fun gamble, Dante gets a PA of 3-4 stars. He may be an excellent player for lower leagues, or for top leagues if you hit the jackpot. For comparison: Mertens also has a CA of 4 stars, meaning that 4 is more than enough to achieve great things. Moreover, at only 17, Dante might be able to beef up you lower league team to challenge for that title? Unfortunately, he doesn’t come cheap as he starts the game costing 1.4 million euros. Paolo Sabak (Genk) might be the better gamble, but he doesn’t have the pedigree Rigo has.

Jorn Vancamp

Another Anderlecht youngster, Vancamp has shown himself to the world at recent European and World Youth cups. While he started the season off with a 3.5 PA, SI seems to have given him a slight boost to 4 stars. This might still fluctuate across your saves of course, but still it’s safe to say Jorn is a safe bet to snap up a decent player. You should be able to sign him for a fee of up to 1 million. That’s fair, isn’t it?

Siebe Horemans

While Wout Faes of Anderlecht was the talk of the town before the season, it’s now Horemans who seems to be a Red Devils contender. The young AA Gent man looks like a solid rock at the back at only 18 years old. While his expensive, and his PA fluctuates between 3.5 and 4 stars, he usually plays well even so. At 2.1 million, he’s still inexpensive, while it may deter the teams that could really use him over a longer period.

Orel Mangala

Another of Anderlecht’s talents who is ignored because of Tielemans’ hype. He gets a solid 4 star PA and can be snapped up for free at the end of the second season. He quickly transformed my too weak Mechelen team into real title contenders, making us champions in his first season. Can have the occasional weak game, but still great value for money. Have a look at him!

Dion Cools

While everybody has fallen in love with Thomas Meunier, now at PSG, his former buddy at right back has always been my favourite. Dion has worked his way up the leagues and is now one of the best prospects at right back we have. A solid 4 star PA explains why. He’s inexpensive at the start of the game, valued at 350K, you can snap him up for somewhere between 2 and 3 million euros. An excellent choice for teams who desperately need a solid right back but don’t have a lot of money to spent. Never disappointed for me. But be quick, his value rises fast.

Lucas Schoofs

Lucas is a tricky one. Before the update, he would end up with 3.5-4 PA. After the update, however, I’ve seen him sky-rocket up to 4.5 occasionally. Don’t expect that to happen on every save though. Valued at only 2 million euros, he might very wel be the one you’d rather sign than Tielemans. If you’re lucky, you might even have the better of the two when going with Schoofs. Take a risk and go for Lucas!

Honorable mentions

Dieter Creemers (Lokeren, 3.5-4 star PA), Youri Tielemans (because you already know him), Björn Engels (Club Brugge, 4 star PA), Din Sula (OHL, 3.5 stars, bargain at 26K), Jens Teunckens (Club Brugge, 3.5-4 star PA), Dante Vanzeir (Genk, 3.5 PA), Siebe Schrijvers (Genk, 3.5-4 PA), Béni Badibanga (Standard, 3.5-4 PA), Timothy Castagne (Genk, 3.5-4 star PA), Sébastien Locigno (Oostende, 3.5 PA, bargain at 65K), Isaac Mbenza (Montpellier, 4 PA), Thomas Foket (Gent, 3.5-4 PA)

Let me know if there are any Belgians you’ve been impressed by and feel free to post your results with any of them!

Love and all that jazz,

Jens

Dendoncker. Nice !! Very decent stats and a natural CD and CM. Will definitely try him out in one of my future saves. Thanks for posting.

More Dendoncker love from me. I'll be sure to try a few of these although I'm interested as to why you didn't include Engels in the main list? Is it because of his fitness issues? I have tried to use him a few times but I think he's the most injury prone player I've come across! So frustrating because when he was fit he'd get great ratings and I managed to keep him fit enough to sell to Barcelona for a massive profit at £30M after a season. Injured about 90% of the time though.

I didn't include Engels as he's often featured in teams to watch. I went for some less known players. Ones I haven't seen pop up around here, like Svilar.