Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career mcandrew003 Presents The Journey, An FMM Story

Very good point mate, I'd say I've built the squad into a decent European side, but also I kind of want a bit more, like a trophy. You don't sound like Wenger at all mate, Arsenal are 6th and that's not Champions League :P:laugh: 

Cheers for the comment pal @BatiGoal

DilemmaIMG_6705.JPG.d4d829cf751d248924e706483ec383f8.JPG

Hello and welcome to Sky Sports News. I'm your reporter Nick Thomas, and welcome to our exclusive interview with Balikesirspor Head Coach Ethan McAndrew. So Ethan, how did this all start?

Well Nick, it started as an accident really. I was in Melbourne, and I just remember how quick it all happened. I was stunned when I got the offer, and I guess from there my career kicked off. 

After achieving fantastic success over in Australia, you have yet to grasp and form of silverware with your new club, Balikesirspor. How do you feel about this?

It's very, erm, dissapointing really. I've tried to do my best here at the club, but nothing seems to be going right for the club at the moment. I'm afraid that my time at the club has not been anywhere near as successful as I had hoped.

Does that mean you could leave the club?

It all depends really, but maybe a fresh set of eyes and a new approach is what the club and players need to boost both parties. Nothing is certain yet, but my contract ends on December 10th, and I have yet to discuss a extension, so maybe a move is on the cards.

IMG_6703.thumb.PNG.9f4862dfe838b8004a3869143c93a84d.PNG

Balikesirspor's current league position

Where do you see yourself in the future Ethan?

I want to return home, to England one day. There are a few other leagues I would love to try, but England is the main target. Also, I want to be known as a successful manager, not a one club wonder, so hopefully I can achieve that, wether here or somewhere else. 

Thank you Ethan

So guys, the season has been a frustrating and poor one. Tensions are growing in the changing room, and it may be time to go. I need a decision off you guys as soon as possible, as I can't  continue without knowing what to do....

A. Resign and move to Poland

B. Resign and move to England

C. Continue with Balikesirspor

28 minutes ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

C

Thanks for your vote mate :D

27 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

B. Cut your losses and make a fantastic return if the job becomes available in 3/4 years time 

Cheers for the vote pal, would love to achieve something with Balikesirspor but afraid its become more of a chore now. Will definitely come back if I do leave though. 

After reading through mate I think your time in ?? is done, I think A is the right choice at this time before you eventually get back home to England.

5 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

After reading through mate I think your time in ?? is done, I think A is the right choice at this time before you eventually get back home to England.

Cheers for the vote mate. Been in Turkey for 4/5 years now, and it's getting slower and harder to play each year. Would love to move on to stage 3, but will give it another 30 minutes to see if anybody else votes. Cheers pal.

A - 1

B - 1

C - 1

Who's going to break the ice?

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

I'm going B

Make the move, otherwise you're going to seriously lose interest in this save and it would be a shame to see it die because of Turkey Fatigue 

1 minute ago, Taff said:

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

I'm going B

Make the move, otherwise you're going to seriously lose interest in this save and it would be a shame to see it die because of Turkey Fatigue 

Cheers for your vote mate. Would hate for this to die out because of my own lack of interest, so I think B is best for me. However, whatever the community wants I will deliver, so if people want me to stay I will, but it seems people want to see a new chapter. Cheers bud.

A - 1

B - 2

C - 1

Will give it 10-20 more minutes, and then close the voting. Cheers lads.

Alright then guys, it seems the decision has been made. Thanks to all for voting, if you have any opinions on the matter still feel free to leave them below. Cheers!

Difficult choice. Every option can turn into something beautiful. Poland is an underplayed league so it's nice to see how people fare in a relatively unknown competition. England is the opposite, a known place which tests your managerial skills compared with others here. Remaining in Turkey (also underplayed but receiving quite a bit of love as of late) gives you the opportunity to leave the club and its fans with a trophy.

There's no wrong choice here.

Very true mate. Would love to win a trophy, but unfortunately it's becoming a slight drag. However, Poland will see me in stage 3, and I NEED to win another trophy, so won't leave there without some silverware. 

Cheers for the comment mate, appreciate your input on this :D @BatiGoal

Missed the voting, but it seems like it was time to get out. Don't want the career to die because you stayed too long. Good luck with the next chapter in your career!

Afternoon lads.

Sorry for keeping a bit quiet on this, been very addicted to my other save. I'm currently having a bit of trouble getting jobs anywhere apart from Australia, so will play out the rest of my contract ( December 10th Expiry Date) and will inform you of my new jib, if I get one. Cheers!

Unemployment Update....

Afternoon lads. After going unemployed for a few months, I have struggled to get a job anywhere apart from Australia, so I have a few options for you to pick....

A. Move back to Australia until offered a job in Poland

Would prefer not to move backwards, as I have already completed this stage of the career. Obviously though, it's your choice.

B. Bin the save, start a new career

I have a few ideas for new saves, obviously would love to continue this but I can see it becoming boring for you guys, and unplayable if I can't get to Poland. Your guys choice. 

C. Stick it out Unemployed

Or, I can test my luck for another year or so unemployed and see what happens?

Be brutally honest guys, want to hear your opinions. Cheers!

Announcement 

After a slow down of pace, a lack of places to take the reigns and a stale, boring run of updates from myself, I have decided to call time on The Journey. This has been an incredible experience for myself as I have learned more about the game and interacted with all of you amazing people through this save. This isn't a decision I have taken lightly, consulting a few people about their thoughts and looking at my current schedule on the website. This save was the reason I am so Interactive in the community, as without it I wouldn't have met so many of you and read your comments, which lead me to become a more confident person in the community. I want to thank you all so so much for your constant support on this idea, it has meant a lot. 

What Now?

I am yet to complete a career in the community, and plan to do that with my attempt at the PL Second Chances Challenge before I start a new career. I also have my H2H with Brenty92 to play, aswell as the Tag Team H2H and the Vibe Olympic Games. I hope with the spare time I have with the ending of this save, I can get out more articles and content around the website, and generally help you guys out. 

Thanks again guys, the journey has been a worthwhile one.