Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Kluivert Reborn

Who wants to see an update from this save?? 

Sorry its taken so long but my missus gave birth to our beautiful daughter 10wks ago and life has been pretty hectic at home and away (at work). 

@BatiGoal @Ashez 

8 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

Who wants to see an update from this save?? 

Sorry its taken so long but my missus gave birth to our beautiful daughter 10wks ago and life has been pretty hectic at home and away (at work). 

@BatiGoal @Ashez 

Read more  

Huge congrats mate. It's actually well-timed as your lil girl will keep you awake at night which enables you to bring us updates more frequently :D

Season 4 Begins

So we enter season 4 of the Kluivert challenge and the excitement is still there. We still have questions of Kluivert to be answered! Will this be his season? 

Lets get it going!

And so it begins we won the dutch super cup and Im ready to enter the transfer market. 

Screenshot_20170401-084714.thumb.png.6000a1f98de61e064848175739d6cbc9.png

Semendo is one of my go to players, he is great for long term challenges...young youthful and an absolute servant to the cause! 

Screenshot_20170402-193600.thumb.png.41ebbdf93934d12ecac58ac4db116580.png

Screenshot_20170402-193606.thumb.png.2e31c7b98f62fc60d1a3dac31bca3215.png

Screenshot_20170402-193629.thumb.png.a1f78e878fe4d94e473091bae229ac97.png

As you can see from the screen shots we did some business this window in prep for the challenge. 

Justin Kluivert 

As you can see I feel he is developing well, I was so excited for this year, deep down I knew this could be the season! I hope I am right!

Screenshot_20170402-193638.thumb.png.db1dbd5cc617036c1c664f3a2f478c62.png

Screenshot_20170402-193643.thumb.png.8e0270def91ed5335a498f755f6367de.png

Some annoying results but Wanyama is one of my all time FMM fav players, credit has to go to @Ashez for highlighting how decent he is and pointing me to him in FMM17 as always in the transfer market after a season or two.

Screenshot_20170410-195101.thumb.png.3744a03c1d8bf71d86587e4bd0832178.png

Apologies for this part, this is around the time the baby come and I failed to screen shot as often as I should of. We won the league around 14pts clear and also we named her Scarlett incase you was wondering. ?

Screenshot_20170513-195211.thumb.png.fc6fd6b50d8ae96a1fb192804ac8718d.png

Thats my boy!!!!

Screenshot_20170513-200157.thumb.png.c9e25280399ab23a18eeaa900da9564f.png

I performed well too ?

Screenshot_20170513-200317.thumb.png.49fc02f62dcb3b417ffcd0ffb7b85fa1.png

Here is Justin at the end of the season, stats not green everywhere but he is at least consistant in form.

Screenshot_20170514-152433.thumb.png.f8db17c30df547e7ea61369f80461360.png

Screenshot_20170514-152442.thumb.png.246b980d06b105511c1481edd87b9a14.png

Below is a preview of the new season pretty irrelevant as its a friendly but look at how much fun you would of had if you was a fan in the crowd here! 

Screenshot_20170515-202353.thumb.png.9e6bdfea23577fad9835b0d6f79b4fb7.png

I also won the dutch cup beating PSV 3-0.

Screenshot_20170516-211051.thumb.png.fc9bb3ca8120abad163c8d70861ce43c.png

I really hope you are all enjoying the journey as much as I am. Apologies again for the delay!!!

How my stats are looking

Screenshot_20170516-214916.thumb.png.efca91890803232f23032cc3000c4936.png

Screenshot_20170516-214922.thumb.png.204f800ba28a89ed23a3a4e2e7116721.png

As you can see I have three dutch titles and now I need the Barca job in order to transfer Kluivert for part 2 of the journey! 

A fantastic season mate! Some very decent transfers in there, and Kluivert is looking better each year. Can't wait to see how his career unfolds.

Good to see some little improvements here incl. a 12 shooting attr. If playing him as a striker doesn't work maybe you could test him as an IF on the left flank FL. These players tend to do well on EME.

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Good to see some little improvements here incl. a 12 shooting attr. If playing him as a striker doesn't work maybe you could test him as an IF on the left flank FL. These players tend to do well on EME.

Im using a tactic with three up top but spread out and kluivert is roled as IsF

7 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

Im using a tactic with three up top but spread out and kluivert is roled as IsF

FL would be ideal since he's got a better right foot to cut inside for a shot. If you think he doesn't get the ball enough to get shots in try opting passing focus over both flanks.. or only the flank Justin's on ;)

Nice going mate, he seems to be rather consistent which is a good sign :). 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

FL would be ideal since he's got a better right foot to cut inside for a shot. If you think he doesn't get the ball enough to get shots in try opting passing focus over both flanks.. or only the flank Justin's on ;)

Isn't that somewhat backwards? The role is forcing the player inside by nature of what it does and to score goals you want him more central. Personally I use central passing with ISF's as I see it as pulling the ISF's to the ball so they're more central etc. If ISF's actually dribbled and cut inside instead of shooting on site I'd somewhat see your point but as they don't I don't :P 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Isn't that somewhat backwards? The role is forcing the player inside by nature of what it does and to score goals you want him more central. Personally I use central passing with ISF's as I see it as pulling the ISF's to the ball so they're more central etc. If ISF's actually dribbled and cut inside instead of shooting on site I'd somewhat see your point but as they don't I don't :P 

Read more  

I don't think we get to see all the info in those highlights. I basically use the info that is presented to us + common sense .. which is not always a guarantee for success mind you :D

As I understand it the passing focus decides via which prefered route the defs and mids play the ball to the guys up front. The forwards' player roles will then do whatever their role requires of them. That's the idea; having him get the ball and let him do his "cutting" and shooting. He's not a worldclass IF so dunno if it's going to work for him but worth a shot.

That in it's self is a major issue with FMM as everything is all opinion and theory. That's why I'm so against the visual approach as in this state it hides too much while we're also lacking the stats to know what's going on. I have a theory, you have a theory, every Tom, Dick and Harry has a theory but none of us know for sure as it's all interpretation. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That in it's self is a major issue with FMM as everything is all opinion and theory. That's why I'm so against the visual approach as in this state it hides too much while we're also lacking the stats to know what's going on. I have a theory, you have a theory, every Tom, Dick and Harry has a theory but none of us know for sure as it's all interpretation. 

No one can deny that. Ultimately it comes down to actual testing. It sounds great on paper but FMM doesn't always accept what we throw at it. Very true. Unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

No one can deny that. Ultimately it comes down to actual testing. It sounds great on paper but FMM doesn't always accept what we throw at it. Very true. Unfortunately.

Sometimes I wonder if SI even know what's going on with it lol. Not even mentioning all the things that simply don't work on the engines and so on. 

It's just a case of throwing everything at it and seeing what sticks lol. Like today I can't get a simple idea to work yet I have no real idea why, that's where so much of my frustration can come from. I used to love tactic testing and creating as my history here shows but last few years or so I just don't see the point in all that effort haha

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Sometimes I wonder if SI even know what's going on with it lol. Not even mentioning all the things that simply don't work on the engines and so on. 

It's just a case of throwing everything at it and seeing what sticks lol. Like today I can't get a simple idea to work yet I have no real idea why, that's where so much of my frustration can come from. I used to love tactic testing and creating as my history here shows but last few years or so I just don't see the point in all that effort haha

I did some Dortmund testing today with IFs and no main strikers lol which I'm not sure tbh whether it should or shouldn't work but it went fairly OK. If we had the option to give specific instructions to the 2 AMCs in my formation it would be a start.. only 3 roles to pick from. Not a lot is it. Very limited options and of course then we have to hope it actually does what it says it's supposed to do.

But I totally get the frustration when we get a really new cool idea for a formation and all the players and roles make perfect sense and it just collapses like a house of cards. I've learned to just move on to the next project..keep tweaking..keep guessing lol and see what works etc. Hmm..kinda off-topic..

Go Justin!! :)

Why I can't find Justin Kluivert on Ajax and Jong Ajax? I am starting a new career, and couldnt find the player. I am using February 2017 database. Someone can help me?

21 minutes ago, Aeon Flux said:

Why I can't find Justin Kluivert on Ajax and Jong Ajax? I am starting a new career, and couldnt find the player. I am using February 2017 database. Someone can help me?

He's in the database (2017) in my career (loaded Holland and Spain).