Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Clean up that mess! - Jeroen Kuijk

After my failed attempt at the 1KC, it is now time to focus on another nice challenge. I'm going to pick up a broom and clean up that mess!

The challenge

The challenge is to find a club which qualifies for the folllowing conditions ( according to the thread )
Thread of challenge

1. Financially threatened ( almost going bankrupt )
2. Fighting against relegation
3. Depleted squad with 13 players or less.

I added one personal condition to this : this challenge is not completed ( for me personally ) until I win any European Trophy ( Euro League or Champions Cup ) with the team that was struggling

For this challenge I have loaded up the following leagues :

• Holland ( main ) - loads of potential top players in this league
  • Turkey 
  • France
  • Italy

This story will be told from the perspective of manager Jeroen Kuijk, who has yet to prove himself on a professional level. He will start his career unemployed and is eager to dive in a really difficult situation. His ambition is to take a club that is doing bad, and win a trophy with them.

August 1st 2016 :

I have finally passed my exams and am qualified to act as a professional football coach. I do not expect to find a job at a world class club anytime soon, so I'll be hoping to find a challenging club with a lot of young ambitious players soon. Until I find a job, I'll be hanging out on my favorite place to be : somewhere on the beach.

January 17th 2018 :

After 18 months, Jeroen Kuijk finally found a job! Jupiler League club FC Oss is struggling for results this season and have acquired the services of the young and inexperienced manager.

FC Oss are currently 19th in the Jupiler League with 18 points. The Jupiler League only has 1 relegation spot, which is currently occupied by FC Dordrecht being 20th with 15 points. The gap between Oss and Dordrecht is really small.

Kuijk has a budget of 295k and a wae budget of 28.55k on a weekly base with a 3.6k maximum salary. The goal is to focus on improving the squad.

Besides performing very underwhelming in the Jupiler League, FC Oss is doing really well in the cup. They reached the Quarter Finals and have to face ADO Den Haag from the Eredivisie in that round.

The squad :

Goalkeepers:
Ronald Koeman - he really is the son of the legend ;)
Jordy Deckers
Xavier Mous

Defenders:
Alejandro Navarro Keeris
Dylan de Braal
Jordi Balk
Dean van der Sluijs
Rick Stuy van den Herik
Stijn Buijs

Midfielders:
Joep van den Ouweland
Raies Roshanali
Karol Wszola ( on loan )
Istvan Bakx
Soufiane Dadda
Jorzolino Falkenstein
Richard van der Venne
Nassir el Aisatti

Attackers:
Justin Mathieu
Cihat Celik
Thijs van Pol

Fixtures for January

FC Den Bosch - FC Oss for the Jupiler League
ADO Den Haag - FC Oss for the KNVB Cup
FC Oss - Jong Ajax for the KNVB Cup

Our strategy will be on the defensive side. With a 5-4-1 formation, FC Oss will prevent the opponents from scoring easy goals. Lone striker Thijs van Pol will have to focus on making runs for the counter attacks and needs to be clinical in front of goal.

By staying in the division, FC Oss wants to make the first step towards building a championship worthy squad in the coming years, with the dream of pushing towards the Eredivisie. 

Excellent mate, great to see someone have a go and i really look forward to future updates! I also like the rule you added, adds an extra objective to the save!

Good Luck!

Transfers:

FC Oss have signed Remko Pasveer on a free transfer. The 34 year old goalkeeper will sign a 1-year contract with the club and hopes that his experience can help FC Oss stay in the Jupiler League.

FC Oss have loaned Dogucan Haspolat for the rest of the season from Excelsior Rotterdam. They will pay his full salary to the club from Kralingen. Haspolat hopes that his performance at FC Oss may help him to break through with Excelsior next year.

Fixtures

January:

FC Den Bosch 2-1 FC Oss
ADO Den Haag 2-0 FC Oss, this match was for the KNVB Cup quarter finals
FC Oss - Jong Ajax 0-0 , Jong Ajax is 4 points ahead of Oss in the league table, this match was crucial.

February

FC Oss 2-1 NAC Breda
FC Dordrecht 0-2 FC Oss, the match against Dordrecht, we're 3 points clear to the last place, we need to win this to make the gap 6 points.
Telstar 0-2 FC Oss
FC Oss 1-1 Jong FC Utrecht, this is also another club fighting against relegation

Tables

After the february matches, Oss has been climbing the tables, crawling back into a safer zone.

15 NAC Breda 31pt
16 GVVV 31pt
17 Jong Ajax 31pt
18 FC Oss 29pt
19 Jong FC Utrecht 25pt
20 FC Dordrecht 23pt

It's almost certain that FC Oss can stay clear from relegation. 

Upcoming fixtures:

Almere City - FC Oss
FC Oss - Heracles Almelo
Helmond - FC Oss
Fortuna Sittard - FC Oss
FC Oss - RKC
FC Oss - SC Cambuur
VVV - FC Oss
Go Ahead Eagles - FC Oss
FC Oss - GVVV

Player in form

Thijs van Pol has scored 4 goals in the last 5 games, proving to be in great form and perfectly capable to function well in a 5-4-1 system!

End of season 2017/2018

FC Oss have managed to stay away from relegation and maintained themselves in the Jupiler League. However, in the last 7 matches of the season, Oss only managed to get 2 points out of a possible 21...

Almere City 1-1 FC Oss
FC Oss 2-0 Heracles Almelo
Helmond 2-0 FC Oss
Fortuna Sittard 2-1 FC Oss
FC Oss 0-1 RKC
FC Oss 1-1 SC Cambuur
VVV 4-1 FC Oss
Go Ahead Eagles 3-0 FC Oss
FC Oss 0-0 GVVV

FC Oss finished in the 17th place with 35 points. Jong FC Utrecht have relegated from the Jupiler League and Achilles '29 were promoted from the Hoofdklasse to the Jupiler League.

The coming season, 2018/2019, FC Oss will be hoping to achieve a mid-table position. They have started their journey towards the Eredivisie and no one knows how far they'll come. We will see if FC Oss can finish in a higher position than last season.

Transfers

Incoming:

Karim el Ahmadi on BOS
Freek Wijnaldum on youth graduation
Gersom Klok on BOS
Milan van Ginkel from Elinkwijk for 8k
Ivan Rako on BOS

Pre-season matches

Excelsior Rotterdam 1-2 FC Oss
FC Oss 1-3 FC Utrecht
FC Oss 0-2 Almere City
FC Oss 1-1 Willem II

Start of the Jupiler League
FC Oss 1-0 FC Emmen
Jong Ajax 1-3 FC Oss
FC Oss 2-0 FC Dordrecht
VVV 2-1 FC Oss

FC Oss have made an excellent start towards their goals for this season.

8 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Good start to season 2, promotion looks likely!

My goal is to at least qualify for the play-offs for promotion. But to be realistic, it would be better to stay in the Jupiler League for another year, because that would be better to strengthen the squad and for the youth players.

There's a 30-year career, I'm not focussed on completing the challenge within 2/3 seasons.