Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Score 20 goals in a game

That's what you need to do to beat my record of 19 goals on OME. I've never actually seen 20+ gls in a single match on either engine ever.

5HTMjRo.png

:)

That's an amazing scoreline. What is the formation and roles as my team seems to ease off a little when they are coasting to victory or is that all in my head.

9 minutes ago, slambo said:

That's an amazing scoreline. What is the formation and roles as my team seems to ease off a little when they are coasting to victory or is that all in my head.

Check his career thread for that. Keep in mind this is on OME. I would be shocked to see half this many goals scored in a game on EME. 

44 minutes ago, veerus said:

And 0 by your career defender? That's brutal!

33 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

That disallowed goal... :laugh:

I know :(

32 minutes ago, slambo said:

This is a rare scoreline so not much to do with my tactics. I do get the usual 10-15 gls vs weak opponents (in Portugal.. on OME) but never this many. Just one of those days that everything seems to click. But for the record.. it was a 5-2-2-1 formation, which probably begs more questions than answers.

I haven't seen numbers like that outside of Brazil since 2013!

Speaking of which 

rLGWyQG.jpg

My claim to fame and I believe the single striker record on Vibe. It's also my best ever score. 

Unfortunately it's not the best I've ever seen as that record is owned by @samhardy I believe. 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I haven't seen numbers like that outside of Brazil since 2013!

Speaking of which 

rLGWyQG.jpg

My claim to fame and I believe the single striker record on Vibe. It's also my best ever score. 

Unfortunately it's not the best I've ever seen as that record is owned by @samhardy I believe. 

Makes me want to redownload 13, quite possibly my favourite ever fmh/fmm!

@BatiGoal that's some score line pal! Shame about the solitary disallowed goal for the main man

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

That's what you need to do to beat my record of 19 goals on OME. I've never actually seen 20+ gls in a single match on either engine ever.

19glsSLB.png

:)

Jeesh - And i thought my 13 - 0 win was good... But that was on EME ;) 

1 minute ago, Brenty92 said:

Makes me want to redownload 13, quite possibly my favourite ever fmh/fmm!

@BatiGoal that's some score line pal! Shame about the solitary disallowed goal for the main man

2013's the best game by a mile, loved that year for the series. IMO it's the most fun mobile version of the game, it had no game breaking bugs (only one I recall is IT stacking) and the PSP version was still around so you even had some depth if you wanted it. It wasn't perfect and it was stupidly goal heavy but damn it was a fun game! Easily the last game I really loved in the series, I didn't like 2014 at the time but looking back it was decent. 2015 and 16 were awful and 2017 is a step in the right direction. I still have them all on my IPod but I force myself to stay away from trying 2013 again haha. 

@Ashez it's clear that looking back it was the release of the previous couple of series that made the 2013 version what it is today, or at least how we feel about it. So would you say you would buy the 2013 version / or a mirror version of it with a fully updated database if it were released today? :)

31 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@Ashez it's clear that looking back it was the release of the previous couple of series that made the 2013 version what it is today, or at least how we feel about it. So would you say you would buy the 2013 version / or a mirror version of it with a fully updated database if it were released today? :)

I loved 2013 at the time too, I played 2013 a stupid amount and achieved so much haha. A big part of that was both versions though as they offered two different experiences. When I was sick of mobile I could go to PSP and so on. I think most people who played the game rate 2013 highly. 

The crap started with 2014 when you had frustrating things like jadedness (OP) and super keepers being added, the goals dropped and the frustration really creeped in. Like I said I really wasn't fond of 2014 at first but I grew to like it, 2015 I put up with, 2016 I hated and 2017 I'm putting up with again, my opinion on 2017 changes daily but I can see it's a step in the right direction regarding everything but the engines. 

I won't go back to 2013 though for two reasons. 

1. It won't be as good as I remember and I couldn't handle that glass shattering moment.

2. It is everything I remember it to be which would really dampen the newer releases for me. 

Anyway I'm going well off topic here haha.  

added 0 minutes later
25 minutes ago, samhardy said:

This is the only image I can find of mine

lT5vKM8.jpg

I hate this :@

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I'd pay double price if necessary!

On 28/03/2017 at 03:37, veerus said:

LOL.. OME is silly...

Too true, and people call the EME.  OME is a mockery of real life football.

2 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Too true, and people call the EME.  OME is a mockery of real life football.

The real life record is 149-0.......

The second highest is 36-0, Austraila won 31-0. 

Premier League highest is 9-0. 

The odd occasionally hammering does happen, these are freak results even in game and not ones that appear regularly. The highest ever recorded on Vibe being 23-0 seems somewhat reasonable compared to real life records. Especially when you consider how powerful regens can be and so on. 

I'd take entertaining high scoring matches over what the EME gets away with any day of the week. 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The odd occasionally hammering does happen, these are freak results even in game and not ones that appear regularly. The highest ever recorded on Vibe being 23-0 seems somewhat reasonable compared to real life records. Especially when you consider how powerful regens can be and so on. 

I'd take entertaining high scoring matches over what the EME gets away with any day of the week. 

I love your hate of the EME mate. You're like a miserable old man haha. You have a right to be though.

5 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I love your hate of the EME mate. You're like a miserable old man haha. You have a right to be though.

Because I've defended the engine using real life stats to back it up? That the realism argument has little merit when real life scores dwarf those of FMM. When this stigma has no legs what so ever? When the EME is even less realistic if you look how player roles work, how/what formations work, how players play and the stats of the matches. 

Hate is a strong word, but my reasons for bashing the EME are more than justified (as are any bashings of the OME, both engines have major issues). I still play both and I can get some enjoyment out of both (played a lot of EME recently as it goes) it's just due to reasons known to me the realism argument of the EME is laughable. Slag off the OME as much as you want just don't bring the realism argument into it as out of the two the OME is statistically 110% more realistic. I appreciate what the EME trys to bring to the table but it fails massively but for the 99% of the audience that don't care or can't see it's flaws I'm delighted they have an engine they're happy with, it just takes more than pretty pictures to fool me. 

I haven't played on the OME in a while, but iirc the stats it gives off are pretty decent. My only problem with it is the inflated score lines. Yes, they may not approach world records but they are certainly a lot more frequent than real world scores in the big leagues. 

1 hour ago, veerus said:

I haven't played on the OME in a while, but iirc the stats it gives off are pretty decent. My only problem with it is the inflated score lines. Yes, they may not approach world records but they are certainly a lot more frequent than real world scores in the big leagues. 

I think that's a fair criticism and one I've had since the PSP days. The EME is a lot closer to the PSP in terms of goal amounts it allows top my head. I remember when I only had the PSP game being extremely jealous struggling to score 60+ goals with strikers while mobile gamers were hitting 100+ haha. 

On the other hand the way the game handles less goals is infuriating and frustrating. You have the same amount of chances but you mess up more, see more super keepers and so on. Personally I'd rather it be more goal heavy and less frustrating but I see both points of view. It's just annoying when everything you're doing is right but in match the AI holds you back and stops you scoring kinda thing, The balance is off somewhat between amount of chances and how many you put away, it might be realistic but it's cheap when there is nothing you can do about it and when the AI seem to follow different rules. The EME has introduced a lot more goals this year and it's a change I appreciate. The issue is where those goals are coming from unfortunately as the amount of long shots is so frustrating, had Clyne and Matip both score from 25-30 yards yesterday :/. It made me win the matches but it really bloody annoys me when it's the main sourse of goals, your striker will mess up countless one on ones due to long shots yet a CB can smash one in. It's not about the winning for me it's how the win or defeat comes about and in that regard the EME is "silly". Had Mane one on one from outside the box, he shoots from distance and easily saved. AI similar situation but a striker and not an ISF, the striker in question has worse decisions then Mane but he calmly rounded my keeper and scored in the empty net, why? Purely because of the role, ISF's are designed to shoot from distance so Mane did. It's not even like Mane is the type of ISF who shoots from distance. The tactical options are just lacking and we've seen next to no improvement in them. 

I waste plenty of chances and ask for help here, Vibes response is "don't use ISF". How is that acceptable? The role clearly doesn't work as intended and they just shoot on site and worst of all we have no input so it's put up with it or limit an already tactically limited game and don't use roles. I'd argue about five roles clearly don't work on the EME and no one mentions these things. I really don't know if people are blinded by the visuals, don't know what they're looking at or are just happy because they're winning. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

? pretty lame examples there got to say to back up them pathetic OME scores, your first game was in Madagascar were the opponent scored own goals out of protest. The second was in 1885 which is what the OME seems like it's from. And your third was Australia against a rugby team ? So well done there. Son scoring more goals in a game then he has in his whole career lol, the OME needs to stay in the dark ages as it is not a representation of football. Besides your the only person on this whole forum that I see hating on the EME, time to get with the times.

4 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

? pretty lame examples there got to say to back up them pathetic OME scores, your first game was in Madagascar were the opponent scored own goals out of protest. The second was in 1885 which is what the OME seems like it's from. And your third was Australia against a rugby team ? So well done there. Son scoring more goals in a game then he has in his whole career lol, the OME needs to stay in the dark ages as it is not a representation of football. Besides your the only person on this whole forum that I see hating on the EME, time to get with the times.

You said they weren't realistic, I gave examples of real life official results.

We are discussing like 5 FMM results out of the millions that have happened across every match ever played. You're bashing an engine due to a handful of results and not taking into account the millions of 0-0's which would have been played and so on. I've easily played twenty-thirty thousand odd matches (15 1kc's so a fair guess when taking into account all my other saves) across FMM, likely way more and that is a one time freak result.

We are in the two big cases discussing the old OME from 2013 which isn't the current one as it changed in 2014 to basically the one we have now. So most this conversation is redundant anyway.  Only two results here are relevent and it was Bati smashing a pub team and England doing what we all expect them to do. The third is from the EME so I assume that's broken too?

If all that conversation is redundant and your on about an engine from 2013 why did u reply to my comment with all your real football scores, I still don't get why your trying to justify the OME being anywhere near realistic. Son 17 goals say  no more.

5 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

If all that conversation is redundant and your on about an engine from 2013 why did u reply to my comment with all your real football scores, I still don't get why your trying to justify the OME being anywhere near realistic. Son 17 goals say  no more.

Honestly? Because I didn't think about them being from the older engine haha, 2013 was goal heavy and that was fixed for 2014 which is the engine we more or less have now. These are freak results and shouldn't be used to bash the engine, just like the 10-0 above is a freak result on the EME. 

We agree to disagree on this one but all I can say is trust me it is, why would I lie? I'd love nothing more than a solid engine in either form, I'd love to play the game and not have constant issues with the engines (like the EME ones mentioned above). I'm told I play the game in the wrong way and that I pay too much attention to the details, maybe others should too. 

@Ashez I think I enjoy the EME because I don't always take the highlights literally.  The simulation overall seems pretty solid so I chalk up most of the oddities to the graphics/commentary engine.  There are plenty oddities to be found.  Some off the top of my head:

• Nearly all shots&goals seem to happen from outside the box, even when it's a 1v1 situation (in 1v1, I usually assume the shot probably simulated closer to the goal but graphically, it seems to happen outside the box).  Also, until analytics started to gain traction about 3-4 years ago (which is around when the engine first was released), seeing a majority shots from the outside was actually not that unusual.
  • Defenders usually being the ones knocking out headers for corners (especially while defending corners).  In a real match, defenders head it the other way just as often as out for a corner but highlights rarely show this.  Since stats don't immediately update like they do in the OME so it's hard to verify exactly what's happening, I just assume that the simulation got a corner and the commentary/highlight defaults a certain way.
  • Failing to break down a defense while dominating possession/shots or, to go the other way, the AI scoring from a single shot in a one-sided match.  This one has plenty of real life examples and many are recent.  Pick just about any home draw by Man United this season against a bottom half half for the former while Crystal Palace just won against Watford on an own goal without registering a single shot on target for the latter.  If this happened in the FMM, the player would be screaming bloody murder.  Now, this seems to happen WAY more often in FMM than in real life and that is, of course, due to the programming of the engine and how the roles interact with each other.  Hopefully the engine will continue to become more nuanced as they keep developing it.  I don't even think I need to see more roles - they seem to cover most things I would want my players to do.  Personally, I would be much happier with some more team-wide instructions.  For example, I think if they added some sort of a separate tactical setting for shooting "appetite" (ie. try to shoot if inside the box only, shoot from anywhere, only certain people try to shoot) that would go a long way toward smoothing out the shooting curves across different roles.  Or giving more freedom with positioning of players on the pitch.

And, @Mikee1984, why you always gotta be so confrontational?  Take that anger over to reddit or something.