Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Unicorn: 1K Midfielder

Jens

44 minutes ago, Jens said:

Can everybody please try not to laugh at me for what I'm about to say next? 

Hide contents

I kind of lost the save while trying a 1k idea at athletic Bilbao. I was trying the idea in the 4th save slot and kept the belenenses in the first. Out of sheer habit I saved athletic in the first now... Stupido mio. I lost about 4-5 seasons. Not sure how to go on from here.

Oh no :( 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Can everybody please try not to laugh at me for what I'm about to say next? 

Reveal hidden contents

I kind of lost the save while trying a 1k idea at athletic Bilbao. I was trying the idea in the 4th save slot and kept the belenenses in the first. Out of sheer habit I saved athletic in the first now... Stupido mio. I lost about 4-5 seasons. Not sure how to go on from here.

You couldn't wait for the next TFM Cup to embarrass yourself? Sucks mate.

43 minutes ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

That really sucks you could've done this.

Thanks for the kind words, but no I could not have done it :D Yadolahi is simply too weak a player. But I'm not giving up on this yet! I'm going back in there right away.

I'll be posting whatever I have left of Yodel-boy, then organise a funeral. You are all invited. Afterwards there will be koffiekoeken at the koffietafel. 

The questions I now face is this one: I have three options to continue, which one do you guys feel is the right one?

1) Return to Bray Wanderers, season 5 and start all over with Anthony Barry (Keane's regen with 4.5 star potential)

2) Return to the start of Belenenses and choose either De Bruyne or Hazard's regen (specify which one)

3) Go back to an earlier KV Mechelen save and try it in Belgium with the regen of De Bruyne/Hazard (specify which one). 

Unfortunately I can't seem to make a poll at the top of this thread... So you lot will have to be vocal for a change. Let me know please.

6 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Mate that sucks big time! I vote for option 2 with a twist, Anthony Barry instead of hazard or de Bruyne regen!

Problem with that one is that I don't really have that option. At that stage my rep isn't good enough to make it to Belenenses :P

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Keane or Hazard for me as they are more goal scorers compared to KDB but they're all solid options you'd think. 

De Bruyne looks to be the better marksman though with (at the current ages) less creativity and more shooting prowess. Perhaps I should go with whoever is most selfish?

Because I have been so stupid to save another game over this one, I will dump whatever I had left. Therefore is update is way too long, but it will also be the last one in the Yadolahi era. I have started over with Barry and I will from now on be updating on his progress. I feel happy that I at least manage to guide Yadolahi to 500 goals, which I believe is in itself a great achievement for a player in the AMC slot! Now let's do better with Barry. Onwards and upwards.

15/5/17: I’m finally back from my break. The season was every bit as good as I thought it would be. Yadolahi finished the season with 42 goals, bringing his total to 402 goals. Massive. I’m still hoping to reach 800, but that will be very close. Meanwhile we won the first Belenenses title since 1946 (that’s 82 years!) and gave Yodel Boy the World Player of the Year Award. He also won best player in Portugal. Damn straight.

The title race was something of a nail biter. Over the past 12 seasons, the title went 9 times to Benfica and 3 times to Porto. Mid-season we were 11 points in front of SLB, only to see them come back to four points two games before the end. We managed to grab the title with a 6 point lead. In only 2.5 seasons we went from team placed 12th over team placed 3rd to title winners.

The Champions League was once again a dud. We finished second in the group after Arsenal, but before Napoli and AA Gent. We went out in the first knock-out fase to Chelsea. We also lost in the Taça de Portugal to Vitoria Guimaraes. But all in all I believe we’ve laid down the groundwork for a succesful continuation of this challenge. Meanwhile I’m relying on a Belgian core: regens of Hazard, De Bruyne, Vertonghen en next season they’re joined by Alderweireldt’s. The future is looking very bright.

Next to that, I think I might start pulling KV Mechelen out of their misery. They’ve become a failure in Belgium and I just can’t watch it anymore. I’ll be trying to help them to get back on their feet. I’ll update on that sporadically.

29/5/17: Because of time restraints, I haven’t been writing a lot for you guys. I don’t see that happening anytime soon, so I’m going to throw together what I have done in the past few weeks. It started what for you guys is ‘the next season’, but for me is two seasons ago. A little catch up on the lads I told you about in the last update: De Bruyne’s and Hazard’s regens are doing splendid. I loaned Hazard out for half a season as De Bruyne was besting him and he didn’t get a lot of playing time, but now he’s the top dog as playmaker. Alderweireldt’s regen is a beast. He links up great with Vertonghen’s regen. Short and sweet.

Results wise, after our first title, we had a cracker of a season. SLB and us were head to head, toe to toe, nose to nose all season. On the final day, we were tied on points, but SLB was in first place because of results between our two teams. We had drawn once and lost once. The final day brought defeat for us, unfortunately. Because SLB lost their second game in an entire season, right when we needed it. We could’ve won had we scored only once more! Such a disappointment.

Europe was better then. I won my first CL on this year’s game and I was really happy with it. Finally the cupo with the big ears! It kind of made up for missing out on the title. What’s more: Yadolahi did great. 40+. The next season, he was a bit less though: 32 goals. That was not my proudest moment. He had started great that second season, better than the 40+ one. But he hit a massive dry spell after January. The second season also saw us crash out of the CL in the first knock-out round. Again, we came just one goal short for qualification. But we did snatch the title away from SLB. Good stuff once more.

The summer brought solace however, as I managed to win the world cup with Holland. Victory was sweet and even though I’ll never manage the big boys in this save, I have proven to myself I’m the best ever. In the real world AND on the game. Suck on that, AndersJ.

KV Mechelen on the other hand have been slipped some 50 million euros by this point. They’ve done absolutely nothing with it. They keep selling all their players and now have only the one left. If they don’t manage to promote after the current season, they’re dead and buried and I can’t help them. I’ve switched my efforts to Antwerp F.C., the oldest club in the country. I’ve handed them 25 million and I hope they’ll do anything with it. T.B.C. Enjoy the many screenies.

(Look at the screenie containing all the Irish champions. As soon as I left, Bray struggled for two seasons before winning twoo titles in a row again. There's also two screenies from Kléber, the Brazilian who I thought might be The One, before disappointing me. He turned out okay. Not great luckily for me. The screenie of the other Brazilian is simply because he has a ridiculously long name.)

Screenshot_20170514-184809.png

Screenshot_20170514-203700.png

Screenshot_20170514-215252.png

Screenshot_20170514-221844.png

Screenshot_20170515-110642.png

Screenshot_20170515-110649.png

Screenshot_20170516-180002.png

Screenshot_20170517-175916.png

Screenshot_20170517-182556.png

Screenshot_20170517-182602.png

Screenshot_20170518-154718.png

Screenshot_20170519-234450.png

Screenshot_20170519-235851.png

Screenshot_20170519-235900.png

Screenshot_20170519-235904.png

Screenshot_20170521-170524.png

Screenshot_20170521-171529.png

Screenshot_20170526-161040.png

Screenshot_20170526-161044.png

Screenshot_20170526-192651.png

Screenshot_20170528-120505.png

Screenshot_20170528-120856.png

Screenshot_20170528-120903.png

Well done on getting him to 500 before the unfortunate event of losing the save pal! Looking forward to seeing Barry's progress

Congrats on the 500 indeed. Some total for a midfielder. I'd be delighted with getting this number in and consider this career a success already. Look forward to seeing Barry outscore Legendary Yadolahi.