Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactical advice required

Hi,

in my second season now with FC St Pauli.  Won the 2nd division relatively easily with the same set up. Obviously I can't expect to win the Bundesliga straight away but I have made a few decent signings and expected to do slightly better than my current situation.  Have a look at my current set up below, is there anything glaringly obvious that I need to fix that may help me?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

IMG_0852.thumb.PNG.b243f01e42924522897c25249c08ebae.PNGIMG_0850.thumb.PNG.f9b47c53af067c256727e532102d439b.PNGIMG_0851.thumb.PNG.216c63480468a574dab59f421e8a7524.PNG

You're struggling for goals, it would appear your lone striker is isolated. You could try changing your two full-backs to wing-backs in order to get more crosses in to your striker. You could also change one/both of your CMs to APs to help support your striker that way; this shouldn't be of much detriment to your defence given you have a holding midfielder sitting in front of them. There's also little point in targeting your play down the flanks if you want your inside forwards to be cutting inside and your full-backs to stay back.

Play wing backs to create width and change your striker to a PCR to prevent him running into the channels. You're also focusing on width Play but your wingers are cutting in so I'd change this.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Play wing backs to create width and change your striker to a PCR to prevent him running into the channels. You're also focusing on width Play but your wingers are cutting in so I'd change this.

Playing wings back on EME simply sucks . He'll concede lots of goals.

4 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Playing wings back on EME simply sucks . He'll concede lots of goals.

Been playing nothing but wingbacks and haven't had any issues...

10 hours ago, Dec said:

My logic for having inside forwards and focussing the passing direction on the flanks was so that my team look to get the ball to my wide players and then once they are on the ball, they attack on the inside, if that makes sense?  That's is my understanding of it.  Although I take your point and I might change the passing direction to mixed and see how I get on.

10 hours ago, Dinosir said:

You're struggling for goals, it would appear your lone striker is isolated. You could try changing your two full-backs to wing-backs in order to get more crosses in to your striker. You could also change one/both of your CMs to APs to help support your striker that way; this shouldn't be of much detriment to your defence given you have a holding midfielder sitting in front of them. There's also little point in targeting your play down the flanks if you want your inside forwards to be cutting inside and your full-backs to stay back.

Since I initially posted this, I changed my CM's.  Made one a DLP and one an AP.  The DLP has since been racking up 8's and 9's every game, so hopefully they continue that.  The AP was struggling, tried changin that to BBM but with no real improvment in ratings.

I have also changed my striker to play as a CF and they are starting to get a lot more shots and subsequently goals.

I'll go with this for a little while longer and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help so far.

You can also try replacing an IF with a Winger.

And then play the midfielder on the winger'sside as a BBM so he can use the space created in the middle.

If you have a good CM who can play as a BBM it works well.

All hail St Pauli

I think your biggest problem is pressing. You'll have arguably the worst defenders in the league, meaning that pressing is suicide. Turn it off. You can then try to add counter, but that's not always necessary

You do, unfortunately, have to the engine issues into consideration when coming up with a tactic. Whilst it's not ideal it does however add another layer when coming up with a tactic.