Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Save game challenges

gallery_1_1_10803.png

I present to you, the return of the Save game challenges!

What is a Save game challenge?

- Originally created by Dec all the way back in 2011, a Save game challenge is a concept where your challenge will be based on a save game not a new game. A roaring success back then, Ollie and I attempted to recreate these a year later without much success but essentially I will upload a save game to the downloads section every so often, placing you in difficult situations and situations you may never have been in before as a manager. There will be three levels of achievement for each challenge; a gold, silver and a bronze trophy which you will be awarded depending on your success in the challenge. You may attempt them in any order.

Note - You will need the latest update to be able to play these challenges. All challenges will overwrite save slot 2, so ensure you back up your saves before downloading.

Game 1:

Rcd espanyol logo.svg

Description: After a promising start to the season, it's looking like it could all fizzle out into another season of mediocrity for Espanyol. Coming to the end of January and sitting in 10th, an unhappy board who expect European football and a squad in no form whatsoever, it'll be a tough challenge to turn their fortunes around. As well as being known for their constant under-performance, the Espanyol fans also have to endure the taunts of their Catalan rivals Barcelona, who defeat them with ease year in year out. Things could be a lot different this season though: having scraped a win at Camp Nou earlier in the season, can you complete an historic double and please the board and fans alike with European qualification?

gallery_1_1_529.png Complete the double over Barcelona and qualify for the Champions League

gallery_1_1_538.png Qualify for some form of European football (Champions League or Europa League)

gallery_1_1_2931.png Double the current points tally - end the season with 56 points or over.

Download Link

Leaderboard:

Name - gallery_1_1_529.png - gallery_1_1_538.png - gallery_1_1_2931.png

Thepremiermanager - 0 - 1 - 0

This looks fun @samhardy. Kinda like opening a box that ain't yours. Not that I would know :) once I'm done with my current saves I'll get the most recent update in and take that Gold Trophy, thanks! Have actually done 5-6 seasons with Espanyol taking on the big three so I know the team and could work to my advantage. ;)

25 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Love this idea. Downloaded and playing this eve!

Reveal hidden contents

Currently still good for the gold!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on. Gold will be tough to get and for some the dream of the maximum prize will be over before it's even started with Barca straight off the bat!

Awesome to see these back on the site, I'll certainly be keeping an eye on them :D. It's an area where I always wish SI did more, especially during the summer months. 

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Looking forward to seeing how you get on. Gold will be tough to get and for some the dream of the maximum prize will be over before it's even started with Barca straight off the bat!

Argh, phone died just after posting earlier so haven't got far!

Barca first game was interesting, thank god for AI managers and their insistence on playing well below 100% players.

22 hours ago, Jack said:

Now this is the kinda challenge I can get behind!

Good to hear! The whole point of these is to throw people into situations they may never have experienced and with only a short period of time for the first one - back to back losses and you'll be bang up against it.

Excited to see who'll be the first on the leaderboard :D

16 hours ago, Ashez said:

No attempts yet? I thought this would be red hot after the Challenge Cup success earlier in the year. 

I suggest the winner of the recent Challenge Cup should start things off here. @PriZe you panda, hibernation period is over already!!

25 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I suggest the winner of the recent Challenge Cup should start things off here. @PriZe you panda, hibernation period is over already!!

Ssh, I still need Prize for the Inception save haha. 

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Looks like @PriZe has done a Rosberg and retired 'at his peak'. He will forever live by his one lucky success!

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

@Fozz_Quaker Absolutely you can buy players, but there's not a lot to work with ;) Good luck.

I got off to a hell of a start...

Signed Ronaldinho, Didier Drogba and Dimitar Berbatov and went on to beat Barcelona 1-0...will show screenshots when done

2 hours ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

I got off to a hell of a start...

Signed Ronaldinho, Didier Drogba and Dimitar Berbatov and went on to beat Barcelona 1-0...will show screenshots when done

Great start - Beat Barca by any means necessary is the first thing required if going for gold! Can see a lot settling for silver on the first one.

14 hours ago, samhardy said:

Great start - Beat Barca by any means necessary is the first thing required if going for gold! Can see a lot settling for silver on the first one.

Unless they give it multiple attempts :unamused:

27 minutes ago, Lagom said:

Is it possible to download these on iOS?

Yes all saves are multi platform, make sure you have the latest update though or it won't load the save data.

Challenge is completed. Working on the career post which hopefully I can get up before the next save gets uploaded but been a crazy couple of weeks here so no promises. Will definitely be on that leaderboard though! ?

Game 2:

VfB Stuttgart 1893 Logo.svg

Description - After suffering a deeply shocking relegation in the 2015/16 season, Stuttgart have sorted themselves out and, with the year now in 2019 they are battling for European places again with just 8 games remaining. However, they have taken the bizarre step of not spending a penny since their relegation three years previous and have insisted on buying old, past it players and ex internationals on free transfers. There is a bright side though: there will be at least £50M to spend in the summer as a result of the financial management, so, with 6 players retiring at the end of the season, can you make Stuttgart a European force?

gallery_1_1_529.png - Qualify for the Champions League this season, win it next season

gallery_1_1_538.png - Qualify for the Champions League this season, win it within the next 2 seasons

gallery_1_1_2931.png - Qualify for the Champions League this season

Download Link

51 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Another nice challenge mate.

From a quick glance it's actually harder than it sounds as the average age of the squad is about 90!

Does £50mil go far these days? :S

Not going to lie it was directly in response to you and @Fozz_Quaker bringing in the oldies in the first challenge. That's the one thing you won't want to do this time :P

My one piece of fairly obvious advice would be to ensure all the money is in the wages when you start the new season. Losing the £50M would be a nightmare.

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Not going to lie it was directly in response to you and @Fozz_Quaker bringing in the oldies in the first challenge. That's the one thing you won't want to do this time :P

My one piece of fairly obvious advice would be to ensure all the money is in the wages when you start the new season. Losing the £50M would be a nightmare.

Glad we inspire you! Wasn't a lot of choice in the last challenge though, this one is a whole different kettle of fish.

Will be interesting deciding where to spend the money as it won't stretch too far once we start looking for the quality to win the CL.