Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal

4 minutes ago, Taff said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Me too always played well below avg, but I can't say that in front of the Chief 

YOUR WRONG INTERLOPER AND YOU WILL FACE THE WRATH OF THE VIKING HOARDS FOR YOUR INSOLENCE 

England will eat him alive! 

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Trusting Fischer is a mistake! 

:O.. something tells me you've sailed these waters before and know more about this so-called "unknown source".. am I too late?!?

He used to be so bigged up at Ajax when they were popular here and I just never saw it. Low stamina, injury prone and just no where near as good as people used to make out. Sam nearly lost our H2H due to picking him, he's awful and just a big name people flock too for unknown reasons. Like how people love Ter Stegen at Barca and to me he's one the worst big name keepers going, give me Leno or Oblak any day, I'll actively sell Ter Stegen if I'm Barca as I don't rate/trust him at all. 

@Ashez tbf Fischer did well in pre-season playing on the flank (FL) and this Viking squad isn't particularly overwhelmed with worldclass talents atm. Just a bunch of Viking thugs I lured into the ship with the smell of fresh whiskey.

Isn't Coutinho another one? Don't think I ever played him. Have had my fair share of such players but no big names spring to mind atm. 

Coutinho has always been awful for me in game :(. Really annoys me as he's one of my favourite players IRL but he's never impressed me in game. It's odd how some players just don't seem to do it for some people lol. 

Booze Boy eh? Alright then lads, roll up roll up for your free drinks!

Spoiler

Totally haven't spiked them to unbelievable levels, so we capture you and use you as bait....

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 5

A turn of events no one saw coming...

Indeed a turn of events no man on earth saw coming..

Finally the time arrived to get the actual challenge underway..the prep work sucked the life out of me, so I'm glad we can start battling it out on the pitch. I think I've given enough info on the transfers -Vikings IN - everyone else OUT- and the formation: we settled on a 4-2-4 which pretty much suits our Viking nature :)

Start of the season..

VikingOff7.png

A more than decent start to the season imo. Facing the toughest teams early on is no joke. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, but for us Vikings we're used to no different. The Chelsea loss was unfortunate but getting 9pts against the other top sides means we are in for something very special this year.

Boro Vs Arsenal

VikingOff5.png

We could've had 4 and Arsenal lucky to have netted the second one. Altho the stats read a pretty even match. King Fischer nets 2 and Warlord Antonsson should've had 2. Great win nonetheless.

Chelsea Vs Boro

VikingOff10.png

Ever seen a match this close? What close.. IDENTICAL! Don't see these often, but a loss is perhaps a little unfortunate. I guess it was their home crowd that gave them the advantage. Still a good performance on a title contender's home turf with this Boro squad.

Boro Vs Liverpool

VikingOff3.png

Another late goal conceded which makes it a much more presentable scoreline to the losers. Still a good win due to our much more clinical frontline. Our Swede Engvall this time. I guess King Fischer and Warlord Antonsson had an off day today.

Man Utd Vs Boro

VikingOff9.png

Great away win! Once again King Fischer with a brace. Warlord Antonsson did well getting us the 3pts late on but it's starting to become clear that InsForward Fischer may be going to outscore Poacher Antonsson which means our Warlord would fail to meet his objective and be bannished from the continent. That would weaken my squad for next season and with the limited resources we have available atm that's very bad news. Antonsson is on 3 gls and Fischer on 10. That's a big gap this early into the season.

One solution would be to change formation and get Antonsson in a better position but that would hurt our performances too. We need points to finish top of the table and we aren't exactly in the position to swap a formation for another. We have squad depth but not yet a quality sub bench. These 11 Vikings on the pitch are our best men. The rest is of lower quality and not good enough to start games, let alone win games.

The table up till that point..

VikingOff8.png

With the big guns out of the way.. Ok we haven't faced Man City and Spurs yet.. we're in a good spot to surprise a few folks.

I'm sad to say tho that the underperforming Warlord, overachieving King and added pressure to finish top of the table is the least of my concerns at this moment in time. It pales in comparison to what I was to discover next.. a discovery that would turn this challenge on its head..

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 6

The Discovery..

Results wise you're doing well but the player part of the challenge is a concern :/. 

You're determinded to make me look a fool ATM :P. First in the manager thread and now with Fischers results after I called him out as overrated haha. ISF's are just that powerful on the EME I guess. 

You've caught my attention concerning the next update, hmmm. 

Nice start mate. You cleared the big sides and are in a great place to challenge... I have to say that Chelsea game is amazing - it really is a game that could have gone either way!

6 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

A fantastic start mate, can't wait to see the next update. Your king is doing well, but it seems your Warlord is slacking....

Thanks mate. No more slacking in the next update.

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

You've caught my attention concerning the next update, hmmm. 

:(

31 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Nice start mate. You cleared the big sides and are in a great place to challenge... I have to say that Chelsea game is amazing - it really is a game that could have gone either way!

Tbf additional stats revealed 7 corners vs our 4. Not a game-deciding stat per se but I guess they slightly the upper hand.

Looks a good start to the season Bati, splitting best player and top scorer sounds like a really difficult balancing act. I kinda feel like you might need to stick your striker in nets occasionally to bring his rating down! 

Consider my curiosity piqued regarding your discovery. I'd like to think it's Gold! (very early sugar daddy?!) Allowing you to bring more warriors in from abroad... I might be being slightly optimistic though. 

On 17/5/2560 at 20:51, Idol said:

Consider my curiosity piqued regarding your discovery. I'd like to think it's Gold! (very early sugar daddy?!) Allowing you to bring more warriors in from abroad... I might be being slightly optimistic though. 

If only that was the case, mate..

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 6

The Discovery..

I wish there was a grand discovery I could tell everyone about. How I discovered gold.. an early Sugar Daddy.. top quality Viking regens for a bargain.. a super formation that brought nothing but massive wins.. it's none of that, mates.. I'm not going to beat around the bush anymore, you guys have given me your precious time and encouraging comments and don't deserve any more time-wasting on my part. I simply..sadly..discovered that my son had saved his own little My Club save over all my other 3 saves occupying all 4 frikkin' slots LOL I can laugh about it now and quite frankly I was never angry with him. The boy is starting to love the game so we're occasionally playing together. Happened once, won't happen again - kinda my life motto really :) so it's all good. But this of course does mean that..yes..a 2nd Viking failure. This challenge is really testing me in ways I never imagined. It's become my nemesis. Kinda like @samhardy and his 1KC. Yes reminding him of that makes me feel a whoooole lot better :laugh:

BurningVC2.png

1st attempt with Leeds -> Failure :O

2nd attempt with Boro -> Failure :'(

I'm going to let this sink in for a few days/weeks/months haha and start a new challenge for a fresh change. I'll return to this at some point, maybe FMM17 maybe 18, but there's something else I'd like to attempt first. Apologies for these consecutives failings, not something I'm used to tbh but it's part of the game. It makes those hard-fought victories sweeter as they say, let's hope that's true. Thanks big for following my Viking Tales and hope my new adventures have a happier ending. Cheers!

The End

Oh dude! ? I have 2 girls so I doubt I'll ever encounter this feeling, must have been a tough pill to swallow, look forward to your return, be that this challenge or another ??

Oh man that's crushing! Good to see he's getting into the game, but that is devastating. Does that mean your TFM Cup data is gone aswell? Looking forward to your next one BG!

5 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Oh dude! ? I have 2 girls so I doubt I'll ever encounter this feeling, must have been a tough pill to swallow, look forward to your return, be that this challenge or another ??

Thanks..got a few nice ones in mind already. And..who says girls don't like football? :D

3 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Oh man that's crushing! Good to see he's getting into the game, but that is devastating. Does that mean your TFM Cup data is gone aswell? Looking forward to your next one BG!

TFM data is OK, they're seperate saves each round and this happened inbetween rounds lol Cheers mate!

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks..got a few nice ones in mind already. And..who says girls don't like football? :D

I never once claimed girls don't like football, my girls however aren't too interested in it ?

That's gotta hurt. You need to buy him a cheapo tablet stat! 

In fairness the vikings were kind of defeated by their offspring in a multitude of ways so it makes sense!

6 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

I never once claimed girls don't like football, my girls however aren't too interested in it ?

Just don't drop your guard is all I can say .. I did :unamused:

4 minutes ago, Idol said:

That's gotta hurt. You need to buy him a cheapo tablet stat! 

In fairness the vikings were kind of defeated by their offspring in a multitude of ways so it makes sense!

It was fate then lol Cheers mate!

Precious family memories/time > Vibe post. I treasure the times my brother and I used to play together, hopefully it's the start of a wonderful bonding experience :).  Who knows, give it a few years and he might be a shining light of Vibe like his farther is now, you've got to look after those regens ;) 

Or maybe after my Rogue save I'm doing my best to see positives in depressing failure lmao. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table next :) 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Precious family memories/time > Vibe post. I treasure the times my brother and I used to play together, hopefully it's the start of a wonderful bonding experience :).  Who knows, give it a few years and he might be a shining light of Vibe like his farther is now, you've got to look after those regens ;) 

Or maybe after my Rogue save I'm doing my best to see positives in depressing failure lmao. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table next :) 

Thanks a lot and yes this new generation..those regens are trying to pop their heads too soon at the expense of the old guard. Not yet my son, not yet :) his time will come. This old fart has a lot to prove still. My days are numbered when I say they're numbered lol

:O Well that didn't work out like I thought it would!

At least you don't seem too upset. Sounds like a cheap tablet might be a very useful investment. :) 

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

:O Well that didn't work out like I thought it would!

At least you don't seem too upset. Sounds like a cheap tablet might be a very useful investment. :) 

Read more  

Was in my first season so not a great loss tbf, it could've been much worse. Tablets? Phones? We had none of it back in the day, so he'll have to do with the kind of entertainment I did when I grew up -> go play outside :laugh:

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Was in my first season so not a great loss tbf, it could've been much worse. Tablets? Phones? We had none of it back in the day, so he'll have to do with the kind of entertainment I did when I grew up -> go play outside :laugh:

Haha, I know where you're coming from with the go play outside approach, but I've failed with that and they all have tablets now...

And you call yourself a Viking 

591f2b588614c_ThorFail.gif.1d24d53d24d04f0ae79a2339ec7edc64.gif

Spoiler

Such a shame mate, but we've all been there and nothing you can do except sacrifice your son to appease the Gods :D