Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal

Viking Chief BatiGøal Arrives In England

How it all started..

Viking groups consisted of Norsemen -"men from the North"- with the most legendary in history that of Viking Chief BatiGøal, who gathered a blood-thirsty army of Danes, Swedes and Norwegians to conquer new lands. The Viking raids on England started in the late 8th century. The attack on Lindisfarne monastery in 793 was a particularly dramatic and significant event, heralding the onset of frequent raids on coastal communities, with churches and monasteries being particularly targeted for their wealth. Sporadic raiding gradually turned to larger-scale assaults, as war-bands amalgamated, and these took on a more political aim. Overwintering in defended camps, the control of extensive areas of land, and the extraction of 'protection money', the so-called Danegeld, became characteristic of Viking activity in England.

English resistance was uncoordinated and often ineffective. England was a region of several independent kingdoms - often at war with each other - and the lack of a unified political and military structure meant that Viking war-bands could roam the countryside with some impunity. In 867 the Great Army, led by legendary Viking Chief BatiGøal -who is a Norwegian himself and son to the Great Viking Chief Batinæs Gøalvar- went north and captured York, but Aella - King of Northumbria - together with other English kingdoms, attempted to retake the city. He was unsuccessful; Aella was killed during the battle, but according to legend he was captured by tactical mastermind BatiGøal, who executed him as punishment for Ragnar's murder, a legendary Viking Commander and King of Denmark and Sweden.

Viking activity continued on and off for several more generations and England had to concede the northern and eastern counties to the Vikings, where their disbanded armies settled, created new settlements and merged with the local populations. Lincoln, Nottingham, Derby, Stamford and Leicester became important Viking towns within The Danelaw (or 'Scandinavian England'), while York became the capital of the Viking Kingdom of York which extended more or less over what we call Yorkshire. The Vikings then moved south west, leaving a trail of destruction as they went, and conquered - Copmanthorpe - Tadcaster - Potterton - Whinmoor - before eventually arriving in West Yorkshire, what would turn out to be BatiGøal's final destination, Leeds. Viking Chief BatiGøal had eyed this major Mill Town from the very beginning of his adventures for strategic purposes, and upon arrival he made The Peacocks his home and world domination his quest.

Viking Chief BatiGøal Captures Leeds

OldLeedsLogoVC.png

On each of his quests BatiGøal brings with him his most trusted Viking Chief Advisor - King - and his Deadliest Viking Warrior - Warlord - whom he is never spotted without. The King's mission is to be the best player in the land and the Warlord's the most prolific goalscorer. Those who fail to comply will be banished from the lands never to be seen again.

King

• Name:
  • Position:

Warlord

• Name:
  • Position:

BatiGøal's Quest Rules:

Army Requirements

• Sell or demote all non-Viking (Denmark, Sweden and Norway) players.
  • Build an all-Viking squad.

BatiGøal's National Quest:

Conquer England (and defend it)

• Win at least 2 Premier League titles back to back.
  • Win at least 1 FA Cup.
  • Win at least 1 EFL Trophy.
  • Win BPL Player Of The Year with any "King" 3 times, can be 3 seperate Kings.
  • Win Golden Boot with any "Warlord" 3 times can be 3 seperate Warlords.

BatiGøal's International Quest:

Conquer Europe (and the world)

• Win the Champions League
  • Win the Club World Championship
  • (Optional) Have your "King" win World Player Of The Year
  • (Optional) defend your Champions League title
  • (Optional) win the Euros managing a Viking nation (Sweden, Norway, Denmark)
  • (Optional) win the World Cup managing a Viking nation

BatiGøal's Quest Details:

• League: EFL Championship
  • Club: Leeds United
  • Stadium: Elland Road
  • Manager: Bati Gøal
  • Formation: ?
  • Engine: EME

Read the complete set of rules here: The Vikings Cometh  and a big thank you to @kts365 for this wonderful challenge.

To Be Continued..

Wonderful challenge mate, and fantastic work on that introduction, I'm really pumped for this now! A challenge I myself have thought about, will enjoy seeing how you fare in the Viking Run world you now live in!

I tried this with Newcastle, played the first season and then accidentally saved over it :(:@. From what I experienced it's a fun challenge and plenty difficult, best of luck mate! 

@mcandrew003 thanks mate, hope it'll be a memorable Viking Run.

@Ashez you perished in the cold waters off the coast of Newcastle? I'll teach them! I'll avenge your death :@

@Brenty92 I have yet to run the latest update so will take a few days before I embark on this journey. Also, I've made the dangerous habit of not playing ahead as it adds massively to the challenge and the excitement, but.. it also means it can turn into an epic failure. :O

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@mcandrew003 thanks mate, hope it'll be a memorable Viking Run.

@Ashez you perished in the cold waters off the coast of Newcastle? I'll teach them! I'll avenge your death :@

@Brenty92 I have yet to run the latest update so will take a few days before I embark on this journey. Also, I've made the dangerous habit of not playing ahead as it adds massively to the challenge and the excitement, but.. it also means it can turn into an epic failure. :O

I never played ahead on my TT last year and ended up losing the save file which was a bummer, this time round I'm 3 seasons in front of my last update for my Latin Europe lol not making the same mistake again!!

56 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

I never played ahead on my TT last year and ended up losing the save file which was a bummer, this time round I'm 3 seasons in front of my last update for my Latin Europe lol not making the same mistake again!!

Read more  

Firstly, I don't know how some of you end up losing save files :P

Secondly, another reason I don't play ahead is because I simply don't remember what I did or how I felt 2-3 seasons ago. :) and I think my updates won't be as good/interesting as a result.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Firstly, I don't know how some of you end up losing save files :P

Secondly, another reason I don't play ahead is because I simply don't remember what I did or how I felt 2-3 seasons ago. :) and I think my updates won't be as good/interesting as a result.

First one i've saved over in years, not a mistake I make often at all. Happened to fall asleep playing a test save, woke up, saved it and went back to sleep. In morning I loaded FMM to see I saved over my Newcastle save :@

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

First one i've saved over in years, not a mistake I make often at all. Happened to fall asleep playing a test save, woke up, saved it and went back to sleep. In morning I loaded FMM to see I saved over my Newcastle save :@

That's pain right there!

@Ashez, unlucky mate, it's the one problem with playing FMM when your tired. It's good to know that even you are human though. @BatiGoal good luck with your career hopefully Lord Bendtner makes an appearance :D and I can't wait to see how you play through with Leeds as your will effectively be replacing two of their best players (Wood and Hernandez)

52 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

This should be interesting! Can't wait to see how you go. I'm thinking it will be quite challenging (but if anyone can do it...) :)

Can't wait to start. Bazoer save is completed, played an additional 2 seasons to make it a total of 20 seasons, will throw in his final goal tally tonight and get my name on another leaderboard :)

I'm really excited about this Viking Quest tho. Squad building, Viking players only, formation hunting, 'King' and 'Warlord' picks could potentially make or break this challenge. 

Just now, BatiGoal said:

Can't wait to start. Bazoer save is completed, played an additional 2 seasons to make it a total of 20 seasons, will throw in his final goal tally tonight and get my name on another leaderboard :)

I'm really excited about this Viking Quest tho. Squad building, Viking players only, formation hunting, 'King' and 'Warlord' picks could potentially make or break this challenge. 

Can't wait to see where Bazoer ended up! 

I really like the 'Viking players only' part of this. I figure it will be very interesting, but not too difficult, to transition the Leeds squad to it, as there will be cheap Vikings around and selling off the non-Vikings should give you budget. But building a squad of elite Vikings, so you can go all the way, now that will be a really challenge!  

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 1

The Beginning - Time to get our adventure underway. So I have arrived in Leeds and my mission is to build an All-Viking squad to conquer England and eventually the entire world. That's our ultimate goal; World Domination. It's going to be a tough season in the Championship since I inheritted a squad with only 2 Vikings. The plan is to sell as many players as I can in order to increase the transfer funds, which stands at 5M, and buy/loan Danes, Swedes and Norwegians and hit my enemies hard and mercilessly. The Viking-way!

LeedsS1z.png

The New Boss - The city didn't exactly have a choice, did they? I conquered the city and appointed myself to take over their local team and dominate everything and everyone. First I need to jump into the transfer market to get myself some Vikings. I did a bit of research before embarking on this hopefully epic journey. The best "Viking Database" for this challenge is to load England as primary league with at least one secondary league. So I went with England and Scotland since these fit perfectly for this challenge theme.

LeedsS1a.png

The Future - As I headed to the market for Viking hunting the previous board, which I plan to replace at some point with my kind of people, approached me with a question. I'm ambitious but I also understand we need to play this smart in order to get to the top. So I think the play-offs is our best bet for our debut season.

The Viking Job - So on to the market.. the DB generates us a total of 187 Vikings. 49 Norwegians - 68 Danes - 70 Swedes. Not a fantastic situation but that's what we're working with. When you enter a battle, and I - Viking Chief BatiGøal - Son of The Great Viking Chief Batinaes Gøalvar - have fought many a battle, so I know there's always the unpredictable you can never prepare for but I'm counting on my experience. I explored the area for potential Vikings and divided the 187 warriors into 3 groups. Badasses, Toughies and Rather Nots. I went for the Badasses first, sent invites, did interviews, got my best sales pitch out and got exactly 0 Vikings to join my army. They clearly don't believe in my ambitions and that of the club.. Disappointed but not yet worried. Next I went for the Toughies, which aren't top but should do a decent job to get things started. Brought my A game, did the convincing bit to perfection and gave the potential Vikings a Leeds United shirt for their time and ..perhaps to make deciding a little easier if you know what I mean.. 2 Vikings stepped forward and the rest turned their back to me. I'm definitely worried at this point. I had no choice but to ask for help from the Rather Nots. This group are the kind of players you rather not have in your squad but what choice do I have? I count a squad of 4 at the moment and the first league game is a few days away. There's a battle to be fought and I need men, a lot of men, an additional 20 at least. So again I did what I do best, despite the confidence hit, gave the not so great Vikings a word of encouragement, laid out my plans to conquer  - England and The World - with them by my side and got a an underwhelming response of another 2. Just 2 believed in me, the rest clearly doesn't believe joining Leeds will do their future any good. Heart-breaking!

The Ambush - Disapponting. Very disappointing. I'm left with a squad of 6 Vikings. SIX. 1 Dane, 1 Norwegian and 4 Swedes. I'm absolutely positive I'd be able to gradually transform Leeds United into an absolute powerhouse over a couple of seasons. Getting my own reputation up and that of the team bringing it into the EPL, winning a few trophies etc. Gradually it's definitely do-able but to transform this Championship side into an All-Viking team within a time period of just 1 month proved simply impossible. I've got 6 Vikings and the first league game is 2 days away.. How do we defend the city of Leeds and fend off armies of 20-30 men with an army of just 6?? I did what I could but sometimes we must concede defeat. The people of Leeds fought back hard, caught us by surprise and managed to re-take their city to my and my fellow Viking's great astonishment.

Viking Chief BatiGøal: "We have failed! We have failed our first attempt of The Viking Cometh Challenge but we are VIKINGS! and we will not stop until we succeed!"

LeedsS1klm.png

"We may have lost this battle but not yet the war".

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 2

To Be Continued..

Oh no! The great Batigøal reall is human after all! Unlucky mate, starting in the EPL is better for building the squad, I know this from previous private attempts with the challenge. Come on mate, you can crack this!

49 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Oh no! The great Batigøal reall is human after all! Unlucky mate, starting in the EPL is better for building the squad, I know this from previous private attempts with the challenge. Come on mate, you can crack this!

I wanted a challenge but clearly underestimated the fighting spirit of the people of Leeds. Credit to them and what rests me now is to find a new English city to conquer and with enough resources I *will* build my empire and dominate the world. Thanks for the support.

I effing love this. I made a complex, somewhat silly, tough yet achievable challenge.

@BatiGoal you have made it a dozen times better with your great story telling presentation. Shame you fell at the first hurdle but you have yourself a difficult challenge with Leeds

24 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I effing love this. I made a complex, somewhat silly, tough yet achievable challenge.

@BatiGoal you have made it a dozen times better with your great story telling presentation. Shame you fell at the first hurdle but you have yourself a difficult challenge with Leeds

I'm always in for a challenge but this time the challenge, your challenge, got the better of me. It's in such difficult times that we need to show what we're really made of. I *shall* bounce back. In Part 2 hopefully :) Good to see you back and thanks for the support.

Love that first update mate, a batch of bad luck for sure but I have complete faith that you will flip it on its head next year!!

9 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Love that first update mate, a batch of bad luck for sure but I have complete faith that you will flip it on its head next year!!

Thanks. Got my eyes on a bigger city with slightly more possibilities. Hope it has a happier ending ;)

9 hours ago, veerus said:

I LOL'd for real at this.  A totally unexpected false start.  

Definitely didn't see that coming either but that's what makes the game fun. Can't win them all so I need to take a step back and carefully pick my battles this time. A 2nd failed attempt would permanently ruin my 'Viking Chief' status and we can't have that. :S

England is ours! The people of Leeds did our country proud! 

This is when I wish we had some type of online/cross compatible league feature as it would be ace to do Vikings vs defenders and have two people or even groups of people (multiple armies) race for the PL title and to conquer Europe etc.  

Tough start thigh mate, I did somewhat foresee it but I hoped I was wrong. 

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

Keep it up @BatiGoal - i dont know why but i got to think of you as Antonio Banderas in the movie "13th warrior " ?? best of luck

Hehe! Thanks mate.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

England is ours! The people of Leeds did our country proud! 

This is when I wish we had some type of online/cross compatible league feature as it would be ace to do Vikings vs defenders and have two people or even groups of people (multiple armies) race for the PL title and to conquer Europe etc.  

Tough start thigh mate, I did somewhat foresee it but I hoped I was wrong. 

'Multiplayer mode' would be wicked (<-- hate this word but couldn't find a more suitable one :) )

Coming off two successful careers my confidence was sky high. Perhaps I needed that reality-check to keep me focused on the challenge. Can't wait to play vs Leeds at some point in this challenge tho ;)

24 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Hehe! Thanks mate.

'Multiplayer mode' would be wicked (<-- hate this word but couldn't find a more suitable one :) )

Coming off two successful careers my confidence was sky high. Perhaps I needed that reality-check to keep me focused on the challenge. Can't wait to play vs Leeds at some point in this challenge tho ;)

Wicked? Been a long time since I've heard that haha. 

Shame multiplayer apparently won't ever be added due to the stupidest reason of all time. Get this, they have no interest in online play because it failed on the PSP.....Let that sink in. Madness. FMM seems to be going in a new direction though so maybe that stance has changed but I'd personally rather other areas worked on first. 

Tbh no online doesn't bother me but it would have some niche uses for people here but I think it would do really well for "casual" players. 

I could see online play being a massive selling point for a new game, a real headline grabber to promote hype but as I said the game has many other things that need attention first IMO. I don't want new things added to sell the game as such, I want the old things to actually work and to be worthwhile (engines, tactics, training, coaches, ITN and so on). 

42 minutes ago, triforce said:

You could also consider allowing finnish and icelandic players. Or is that not viking enough?

I think yes, not "Viking" enough. Did a quick search and they seem to have played a very small role in Viking History so they were imo rightly not included in the challenge rules. 

@Ashez agree, the online feature would probably work as selling tool alone. I fail to see how mobile games is not the future. But as you say there's enough work to be done on what's already there. I don't need anything new apart from additional leagues and a larger DB, just need to see fewer bugs.

On 4/21/2017 at 18:26, Jens said:

Great story you got going. Ever read or seen The Last Kingdom? It's over on Netflix.

Thanks a lot, mate. Sounds very familiar but don't recall right now. Will do a search.

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 2

A New Beginning - it hasn't been a particularly pleasant start to this challenge having arrived in England - conquered Leeds with an army of just 6 Vikings - to subsequently be chased away by thousands of locals. I failed to defend the city as we were in no way shape or form prepared to fight our battles in the EFL Championship vs much larger armies. It would've meant inevitable death to me and my men so we did the smartest thing; run off like frightened chickens. Yes, first attempt meant an epic failure!

We are here to begin afresh tho (we're starting from scratch with a new save) and we're heading away from Leeds direction North West. Leeds was our Plan A but unforeseen events forced us to look at other options. So we looked down the destination list to Plan B which brought us to a large industrial town on the south bank of the river Tees in North Yorkshire. Middlesbrough.

Viking Chief BatiGøal Conquers

TheBoroLogo.png

The New Boss - Me. Middlesbrough is mine now and the objective is simple. Gather as many Vikings as possible to conquer England and The World. First a quick chat with the board before delving into the Viking Transfer market.

The Board - The board want to know what my short term plans are so we had a brief meeting.

PartIIambitions.png

Better resources than at Leeds so I'm giving myself a much better chance to build an All-Viking squad here at Boro. The aim is to win the EPL at some point but we gotta take it slow or we'll risk history repeating itself. I'm not planning to let myself be chased away again. Leeds is still fresh in my memory and I'm making it a priority to one day return to that city and make everyone PAY!

The Viking Job - we've arrived at the most crucial part of this challenge; the All-Viking squad. Simple.. 187 Vikings. 3 groups; Badasses - Toughies - Rather Nots. Last attempt I gathered a total of 6 so let's hope it goes better this time round. First I had a careful look at all the Badass Vikings. Lots of potential Boro men but there's limited funds and a wage max I need to consider so we need to approach only those whom we can afford. After selling as many of the former Boro squad but 1 - yes only a single Viking counted the squad, lucky us! - we managed to lift our funds by a few millions and contact the Badasses for much needed reinforcements. We sat, we chatted, we drank, we laughed, but in the end we returned back to the Riverside Stadium with 4 men. That's actually a decent number. 4 very good players, including the one already there, Viktor Fischer, makes 5 Vikings.

Next up were the Toughies - good but not great players. Able to do a decent job but winning every possible trophy with these men will be very hard. Didn't tell them that part of course. It's our best hope so on we went. Met at the local beer shack. Talked, drank, talked, drank some more and returned back to Boro's homeground with 12 men. Yes! Finally. Now this is what we were looking for. 17 Vikings makes for a decent army already. Little thin as battles in the Premier League are intense so we need a bit more squad depth for cover. Next day we examined the Rather Nots - you know, those guys you want to avoid - but we simply have little choice this season. We need depth in the squad so we picked the best ones from the group and brought with us an additional 4 men. I'm delighted with the squad. it isn't worldclass, it's isn't a finished product. But we have 21 Vikings. I'm thrilled things are looking positive for us now.

The Transfers - lots happened so let's have a quick look at the ongoings in the Viking Market. Now that's a handsome list!

PartIItransfers.png

A long list indeed. Simple Math tho.. Non-Vikings out and Vikings in.

The Viking Squad - So that brings us an All-Viking squad consisting of 7 Danes, 4 Norwegians and 10 Swedes. 21 hungry Vikings.

PartIIborosquad.png

I spent quite a bit of time amassing this group of Vikings so I'm delighted those transfer dealing are over for now.

The Formation - it's not yet a finished product here either but it'll do for now. It's tough creating a formation from players at your disposal, especially if there's no room for further additions to the squad. We are allowed Vikings only and this group is the best we have at the moment. Defence is pretty good with a couple very decent strikers but main worry is the flanks. Not the best midfield and we're lacking left and right backs. So what follows is a formation which basically features our best 11 Vikings.

PartII31213.png

Goalkeeper is decent. Happy we managed to get him. Defence is solid, with no L/R backs playing 3 defs was our only option, and I think I can squeeze enough goals from the forward lads but as I said midfield is a worry. This is what we're starting the season with. I tested this formation against decent sides during pre-season with a respectable 2-2 draw vs the blue side of Manchester. So with a few extra tweaks I'm hoping we'll do well this campaign.

The Future - Uncertain.

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 3

To Be Continued..