Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Is The Lower League Rogue!

Ashez

One of the best careers with possibly the simplest of ideas and I'm over the moon that it ended on a high note for you mate, it's no less than you deserve

Congrats dude another amazing career for the FMM 17 Hall of Fame

Spoiler

Seriously is it me of have there been some truly epic, massive brilliant careers this year

Congrats with meeting your objective but a bigger thank you for bringing this wonderful adventure to us.

It was starting to become a routine read I was always looking forward to with my morning coffee. Most careers have a clear storyline from start to finish and end when all goals are met. This however is typically one of those careers I wish it didn't end and there's only been a select few of these around.

Hope you continue bringing us more great adventures for careers to come.

15 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Congrats with meeting your objective but a bigger thank you for bringing this wonderful adventure to us.

It was starting to become a routine read I was always looking forward to with my morning coffee. Most careers have a clear storyline from start to finish and end when all goals are met. This however is typically one of those careers I wish it didn't end and there's only been a select few of these around.

Amen.jpg.a9bf331681fa142bc84fe695c3683dfb.jpg

1 hour ago, Mikee1984 said:

Well done mate on a stellar career that's been a great read evey time, and to finally get that trophy must of been a huge weight off your mind. Them percentage statistics are pretty godly to all things considered, look forward the what you come up with next.

Thanks mate, it is a relief it's finished but I was in no real rush as the save was so enjoyable. Every time I played the save it was different which kept it really fresh. 

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Congratulations mate you got there in the end! What a journey to follow, can't wait for the 'big idea'!

I can't wait to come with the big idea haha. Got a few ideas I'm dabbling with so hopefully I can get one working soon :). 

1 hour ago, Taff said:

One of the best careers with possibly the simplest of ideas and I'm over the moon that it ended on a high note for you mate, it's no less than you deserve

Congrats dude another amazing career for the FMM 17 Hall of Fame

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously is it me of have there been some truly epic, massive brilliant careers this year

I've always said simple ideas can be as thrilling as the big ones but we all love the big ideas deep down haha. It's a concept I've had for a few years so I'm just happy it worked and was enjoyable :) 

Too right, so far 2017 has been epic! It's really pulled me back in and made me want to be involved and challenge myself. The bigger the community the more I have to push myself and I love it! 

Thanks for the kind words :) 

@Taff Spot on, some great achievements have happened already this year, community is thriving once again! Great time to be a part of it

I'm usually think of the new game by now but scree that, Vibe will make sure 2017 goes out with a massive bang! Now the game won't be updated again it means I feel more confident in silly ideas as I know SI won't release a random update and ruin my save haha. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Funny you should say that as in truth the last image I posted is fake as I saved before resigning (only got the image for story purposes haha).  I'm dabbling with the idea of having this save as a side project I'll randomly jump into between now and 2018 but that's only if it would interest you guys still? Let me know if it's an idea worth keeping in mind or not. 

We could also start a community save with this concept? Played the same way as this save but we pass it onto someone else with every defeat? It could be a good laugh thinking about it. 

Just glad that your love has returned I know we discussed it at the end of last year when you left the staff, but the community really has gone through a big uplift in great ideas and great support as well, which has had a great effect on people, especially those who have been here a while like you and @BatiGoal who might have been struggling with their enthusiasm for the series and this years community helped pull you back in

Truth be told I'm struggling to keep up with all the careers at the moment so I apologise to anyone if I don't comment or anything for a while I sign in and find 18 notifications and then get lost and can't remember which ones I've kept track of 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

We could also start a community save with this concept? Played the same way as this save but we pass it onto someone else with every defeat? It could be a good laugh thinking about it. 

That would definitely be a good laugh lol altho not sure how keen people are on the uploading saves concept.

6 minutes ago, Taff said:

the community really has gone through a big uplift in great ideas and great support as well, which has had a great effect on people,

So true. Usually by this time of the year I start losing interest and struggle to finish saves or come up with new challenges and careers. Instead I feel I don't have enough time to play the ones I have in mind. Big part is what you mentioned because there's so many careers going round now which works so inspiring to everyone. It's contageous :)

That community save idea sounds fun! If not I would be more than happy for you to pop back into this save from time to time!

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Just glad that your love has returned I know we discussed it at the end of last year when you left the staff, but the community really has gone through a big uplift in great ideas and great support as well, which has had a great effect on people, especially those who have been here a while like you and @BatiGoal who might have been struggling with their enthusiasm for the series and this years community helped pull you back in

Truth be told I'm struggling to keep up with all the careers at the moment so I apologise to anyone if I don't comment or anything for a while I sign in and find 18 notifications and then get lost and can't remember which ones I've kept track of 

Couldn't agree more, the careers community here isn't competitive as such but we're all pushing each other to bring the next big thing to the table and that's the motivation I need. This year so many people are pushing what we thought was possible and all that does is bring excellent content for us all to enjoy which at the end of the day is all i care about. When you PM'd me asking for challenge advice I'm not gunna lie I was buzzing about it as that's the type of conversation I live for haha, I love talking through ideas and concepts and so many of my saves have come from conversations like that, it's so much easier to be creative when you have someone to bounce ideas around with etc. Prize's return was a massive influence on my return as he brought back that type of discussion to me where we'd just chat about silly little ideas which has now led to Bati and myself having similar convos :). 

Same mate, I've fallen behind in a few but I'll catch up when I have time. I do my best to follow everything but it's so easy to fall behind and in truth I am only human so not everything appeals :P. However the community is so rich at the moment everything will find an audience and that's what makes me so proud. Last year I thought this aspect of the community was almost dead but this year it's come fighting back with a passion I didn't think could return! It genuinely makes me so happy to see the careers community flourish as let's be real it's the bloody reason we're here. Sure the articles, downloads, tactics and help stuff pulled us in but we made Vibe our home due to the careers forum. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

That would definitely be a good laugh lol altho not sure how keen people are on the uploading saves concept.

So true. Usually by this time of the year I start losing interest and struggle to finish saves or come up with new challenges and careers. Instead I feel I don't have enough time to play the ones I have in mind. Big part is what you mentioned because there's so many careers going round now which works so inspiring to everyone. It's contageous :)

If there is interest I'll think about it for sure, I usually run a community save or two during the summer as it's a great way to keep people engaged when the game starts to die off etc. 

Tell me about it! I have so many little ideas that tempt me, yesterday alone I honestly started and looked at 3 saves! None worked/stuck but I'm not giving up yet :D. 

That community save idea sounds fun! If not I would be more than happy for you to pop back into this save from time to time!

I'll keep both ideas in mind for sure :) 

25 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

A true unique and amazing save Ash full of its ups and downs. I am eagerlyawaiting your next save

Thanks Mike :). It was a blast to play!

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Couldn't agree more, the careers community here isn't competitive as such but we're all pushing each other to bring the next big thing to the table and that's the motivation I need. This year so many people are pushing what we thought was possible and all that does is bring excellent content for us all to enjoy which at the end of the day is all i care about. When you PM'd me asking for challenge advice I'm not gunna lie I was buzzing about it as that's the type of conversation I live for haha, I love talking through ideas and concepts and so many of my saves have come from conversations like that, it's so much easier to be creative when you have someone to bounce ideas around with etc. Prize's return was a massive influence on my return as he brought back that type of discussion to me where we'd just chat about silly little ideas which has now led to Bati and myself having similar convos :). 

Same mate, I've fallen behind in a few but I'll catch up when I have time. I do my best to follow everything but it's so easy to fall behind and in truth I am only human so not everything appeals :P. However the community is so rich at the moment everything will find an audience and that's what makes me so proud. Last year I thought this aspect of the community was almost dead but this year it's come fighting back with a passion I didn't think could return! It genuinely makes me so happy to see the careers community flourish as let's be real it's the bloody reason we're here. Sure the articles, downloads, tactics and help stuff pulled us in but we made Vibe our home due to the careers forum. 

Just glad that a legend such as yourself got his groove back

Have you heard anything off @PriZe, he seemed to disappear after the CC win? 

25 minutes ago, Taff said:

Just glad that a legend such as yourself got his groove back

Have you heard anything off @PriZe, he seemed to disappear after the CC win? 

Not for a while but he disappears now and then so it's pretty normal for him lol. Hopefully he returns at some point as he's great to have around but due to those reasons our Inception save seems dead ATM. I don't mind though as the idea wouldn't have worked without him so it's no loss to me, the save was just a bonus he helped make possible haha. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Not for a while but he disappears now and then so it's pretty normal for him lol. Hopefully he returns at some point as he's great to have around but due to those reasons our Inception save seems dead ATM. I don't mind though as the idea wouldn't have worked without him so it's no loss to me, the save was just a bonus he helped make possible haha. 

Well once again well done mate, great save and you had the whole of Vibe hooked

Spoiler

Gave me a nice distraction from my apparent leaderboard addiction 

2 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

Holy Mansfield!!!!! Just read through the whole career!! What a journey mate!

With a reference like that I believe you haha! Appreciated mate, I'm sure it took a while! 

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Well once again well done mate, great save and you had the whole of Vibe hooked

Reveal hidden contents

Gave me a nice distraction from my apparent leaderboard addiction 

Read more  

We've all been there ;) 

Great stuff @Ashez

Enjoyable read throughout and great concept. I like the fact it encourages thinking of defeats differently and allows movement around teams we might often avoid.

A Vibe version sounds great. Perhaps it could be done in a different country to encourage more exploring.

Well done Ash thats amazing 25 jobs to win a title, hope the next one don't take as long, perhaps win a cup be your next goal.

7 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Great stuff @Ashez

Enjoyable read throughout and great concept. I like the fact it encourages thinking of defeats differently and allows movement around teams we might often avoid.

A Vibe version sounds great. Perhaps it could be done in a different country to encourage more exploring.

That it does, it makes defeats soul crushing haha. Usually a defeat is just a defeat and you move on (outside of cup finals I guess) but this did make defeats mean something. 

I almost did this in Spain but as I wanted to do basic updates I thought England would be better suited as people are generally more aware of English teams etc. It's the type of save where I wish you could load multiple lower leagues as that would be so much fun. 

7 hours ago, samhardy said:

Of course you had to drop to the lowest level to complete it, fraud!

A league title is a league title is it not? I'm not gunna lie and I'll say I'm ever so slightly disappointed it ended up as that title but after 7 seasons and 25 jobs I couldn't care where it came from lol. The opportunity came about, I took it and I managed to cross the line. I just as easily could have ballsed up this chance so it was one I felt I had to take, especially after how frustrating this season had been haha. 

7 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Well done Ash thats amazing 25 jobs to win a title, hope the next one don't take as long, perhaps win a cup be your next goal.

It took way longer than I expected that's for sure! This was meant to be a short save but it turned into my longest save of the year I believe! 

5 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations mate, this has been a fantastic career to follow and great job getting the title. 

Thanks RR :D 

Just catching up with posts after the weekend and I come back to this! Awesome work @Ashez, job 25 has a nice round ring to it, and with the up and coming AFC Fylde as well. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them since they're from just down the road and I have to drive past their new stadium when I go to visit certain family members. 

As others have said, seeing this career end is a little sad since it's been a great journey, but I suspect for your sanity that was probably a good time to succeed! 

Great result and, once again, great idea for a career! At times I had wondered whether you'd ever be able to bring home a trophy. Part of me wishes you hadn't, as it was always interesting to see where you would end up next (and when you would next face your Mansfield nemesis!)

4 hours ago, Idol said:

Just catching up with posts after the weekend and I come back to this! Awesome work @Ashez, job 25 has a nice round ring to it, and with the up and coming AFC Fylde as well. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them since they're from just down the road and I have to drive past their new stadium when I go to visit certain family members. 

As others have said, seeing this career end is a little sad since it's been a great journey, but I suspect for your sanity that was probably a good time to succeed! 

Thanks mate! Haha that's ace, I'm glad you got an extra kick out of this update then :). 

In truth when I was playing it I was a mix of emotions, on one hand I kinda wanted it done but on the other I wouldn't have minded too much if it had to continue. It's a very unique feeling as usually you're craving that end goal and only sad that the save is ended kinda thing. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

Great result and, once again, great idea for a career! At times I had wondered whether you'd ever be able to bring home a trophy. Part of me wishes you hadn't, as it was always interesting to see where you would end up next (and when you would next face your Mansfield nemesis!)

I was also starting to think it wasn't going to happen! Due to that I was worried this save could outstay it's welcome but I'm happy to see it's left you all wanting more haha. 

Thanks for all the comments guys :) 

Of course you complete it on the day I go on holiday! Came into the house and read this, absoloutley massive congrats mate. Such a brilliant career with so many different emotions reading through it, truly one of the best of the year. I'm gonna miss having this to read every few days!

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Of course you complete it on the day I go on holiday! Came into the house and read this, absoloutley massive congrats mate. Such a brilliant career with so many different emotions reading through it, truly one of the best of the year. I'm gonna miss having this to read every few days!

Thanks mate :D 

A career that I believe deserves nothing but snide remarks and facepalms. I mean, how do you even come up with this stuff?

Great job nonetheless on finally beating your goal :D Now back to real challenges!

Great finish! Fantastic job! Fascinating career! All plaudits to you mate for this one, it was epic. :) 

Also, I love your loyalty rating! I guess you were super loyal during the very brief periods you stayed at clubs, LOL!

2 hours ago, Jens said:

A career that I believe deserves nothing but snide remarks and facepalms. I mean, how do you even come up with this stuff?

Great job nonetheless on finally beating your goal :D Now back to real challenges!

Like them all then in your opinion :P. Inspiration comes from many places, this one came from trying to blend genres of games I like together I suppose. I've played FMM as a RPG before so the natural progression was to try it as a rogue like. The RPG concept came about because I somewhat see FMM as a RPG as in many ways FMM is a squad based battle where stats and strategy determine the winner, in how many ways is say Pokemon really that different? I was really enjoying a rogue like while wanting a FMM save and the concept was pretty simple to throw together from there, especially as I had a similar concept years ago with the new manager bounce challenge I created. 

Cheers anyway, I just need to find something new I want to bring to the table now :). 

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Great finish! Fantastic job! Fascinating career! All plaudits to you mate for this one, it was epic. :) 

Also, I love your loyalty rating! I guess you were super loyal during the very brief periods you stayed at clubs, LOL!

How close did I get to your suspense crown I wonder? :P. Anyway thanks for the kind words :D. 

That I was! I never applied for another job when I already had one, i was tempted once or twice though. The finances one annoys me the most as that's poor just because I took too many jobs where they were over budget and as I wasn't making transfers I didn't bother to look/move funds that often.