Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Is The Lower League Rogue!

Ashez

Ashez Is The Lower League Rogue!

Hello and welcome to yet another career, i know I already have two "active" careers but I felt I needed something new to refresh my love of the game. The Caretaker challenge will see updates as soon as I can but I've not had much PC time as of late. Regarding the Inception save I have no idea what's happening as Prize has gone dark, hopefully he returns soon so that save can start up again. 

What's This New Career?

It's no secret I've got a love hate relationship with FMM and when I'm hating on the game I'm usually playing other games on my beloved Nintendo systems. I have a fairly decent collection of close to 300 physical games as I love trying different genres and discovering what types and series I enjoy and which I don't. One genre I have grown to really enjoy recently has been rogue-likes so I thought it would be fun to play FMM in the vain of a game like this. What does this mean you ask? Well I'm basically reworking the "New Manager Bounce" challenge I posted years ago to fit into this style of save. 

The Challenge 

I'll be starting as a brand new manager that's unemployed with a bronze badge and my mission is to do as well as I can. The catch however is the second I lose an official match I have to resign and move on! Will I be successful enough to improve or will I fast become a manager no one wants to deal with? Only time will tell! I've played enough to keep me going but I have no idea how well this concept will work in the long run and if I'll get to an in hireable point but that's half the fun. I'll set myself the end goal of winning any trophy but how long this lasts depends on if I can keep getting jobs, my interest in playing and how you guys react to the save/updates. 

2mM7KWN.jpg

The Updates

These will be short and sweet updates posted from my IPod, no fancy stuff as I'll get to the point and smash the updates out as I play. The more support you guys give the quicker the updates will fly out the door hopefully. I already have a few ready to go so all the power is now in your hands. I'll aim to update daily but if you guys get behind this I'm sure I'll post faster than that as the style I'm going for should be painless for me to fire updates out. 

The Starting Point

FSDucqh.jpg

This adventure is now underway so where do you think this journey will start? You may notice this is on the original database as I've still not updated to the latest version. Oh for anyone who cares I'll be playing on the OME, when playing my Caretaker save I really enjoyed it and since then trying to play the EME has led to my new found frustration with the game so from now on I'm going to do my best to ignore the EME. It's always calling me and tempting me as I love what it's trying to do, unfortunately it just fails too much for the way I like to play the game. I did debate about using the EME for this but I actually thought the RNG/random factor of the OME suits this challenges concept more, it's a rogue-like so I should be fighting the games RNG! 

I think that about does it for this opening post as I've covered everything that needs to be said. The first update can be posted this evening if you guys want it as like I said I'm happy to fire these updates out.  

Thank you for reading and I hope you're excited for my latest gimmicky quest! As always if you have any questions, opinions or general comments on this save I'd love to here them! 

Another stellar Ashez quest! All of your careers are extremely adventurous mate, look forward to this a lot. I really like the concept and think you will smash this, I'm saying that you will land a job in the Confrence or League 2. Good luck pal!

This one will be very interesting to follow, so any time you lose a league/cup match you have to resign.

You will end up at 10 different clubs before the season is out, good luck mate

No theme song :laugh: surely won't be long before we get you one that sticks.

That Manager History page is going to be of epic proportions!

As always I'm super excited for yet another 'Ashez Quest'. You somehow seem to always pique my interest with your crazy ideas! Hats off to you sir! 

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Another stellar Ashez quest! All of your careers are extremely adventurous mate, look forward to this a lot. I really like the concept and think you will smash this, I'm saying that you will land a job in the Confrence or League 2. Good luck pal!

I hope I smash it but that's hoping for a lot of undefeated runs! 

2 hours ago, Taff said:

This one will be very interesting to follow, so any time you lose a league/cup match you have to resign.

You will end up at 10 different clubs before the season is out, good luck mate

That's correct :) 

Ten, likely more haha 

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

No theme song :laugh: surely won't be long before we get you one that sticks.

That Manager History page is going to be of epic proportions!

Well that's disappointing! :P 

It already is and I've hardly played lol. This should be rather funny :D 

1 hour ago, Paul186 said:

Good luck with this, but might be difficult to keep finding new jobs.

That is a worry but i didn't want to play too far ahead so hopefully it's not an issue. Starting rep usually gets you newly promoted teams at least so that's an option I think. It's why I only loaded England as I didn't want to get stuck in say Wales or something 

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

As always I'm super excited for yet another 'Ashez Quest'. You somehow seem to always pique my interest with your crazy ideas! Hats off to you sir! 

See that's why I do this, comments like that make this all worth while. All the heart ache and frustration is worth it when you get comments like this. As I've said I'm just trying to have fun with 2017 so trying daft ideas like this haha. 

Update is written so I'll post it shortly, but first I must return to Mario Kart :D

Job Number One

xWu4zqI.jpg

It didn't take long to get a job and our adventure starts with Grimsby! 

The Fixtures

LN5W2T7.jpg

Like usual I skipped the meaningless friendlies but the AI results weren't too bad. Starting the league with a home match should give us a solid advantage but a cup game as a second match could be a banana peel. 

The Results

HIjEGaO.jpg

We only lasted two bloody matches! This might be more complicated than I expected! 

The Defeat

Q6fmAr0.jpg

It could have gone either way but just like that we've lost our first job. 

Bye Bye Grimsby

OzyrFpY.jpg

Let's hope we last longer in our second position! 

Our History

Job 1 - Grimsby:

2 Matches - W:1 D:0 L:1 - 27 days 

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

That's one hell of a first update bud! Some of said rng knocked you out in the end, let's hope for more than 4 weeks next time yeah? ?

Wow, unlucky start mate, this career looks great though. This challenge wouldn't have anything to do with the difficult roguelike you have been playing recently would it?:D Good Luck and don't worry you lastedbmore Matches than Big Sam with England. KIU

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Oh no :laugh: unlucky mate, onto the next one!

Could have been worse, we could have lost first match I guess haha

2 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

That's one hell of a first update bud! Some of said rng knocked you out in the end, let's hope for more than 4 weeks next time yeah? ?

The RNG worked against me all right haha. As I said I think the OME suits this idea so much as already shown lol. 4 week unbeaten run? Easy.....I hope! 

2 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Wow what an idea mate! I think you may of become the quickest manager to leave Grimsby lol! 

Thanks :). Let's hope I don't have any jobs shorter than that! 

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Wow, unlucky start mate, this career looks great though. This challenge wouldn't have anything to do with the difficult roguelike you have been playing recently would it?:D Good Luck and don't worry you lastedbmore Matches than Big Sam with England. KIU

It might do :P. Been debating playing it for a while and finally felt inspired to start it this morning. @BatiGoalis to blame as he dragged a rant out of me and after that I felt like trying FMM again haha. 

Hopefully we can achieve enough to have a shot at ITN like big Sam, likely hoping for a lot though! 

6 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

Unluckly mate, should call this the damned united challenge. Hope the next job lasts longer.

Thanks mate :D 

Thanks for the comments guys :D 

Doesn't take much of a poke to get you ranting and playing again. :laugh:

Great start! Lasted longer than I expected. Will be an epic battle between Jens and yourself to see who gets the most clubs managed behind their name.

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Doesn't take much of a poke to get you ranting and playing again. :laugh:

Great start! Lasted longer than I expected. Will be an epic battle between Jens and yourself to see who gets the most clubs managed behind their name.

True, especially when FMM is involved :P 

Harsh much :( 

Job Number Two

jnfuqof.jpg

We are back in the hot seat in next to no time so hopefully we can start to build a name for ourselves now. 

The Fixtures

oHYSEdE.jpg

We start at home again, this time against one of my local teams and one i took to the Champions League way back on the PSP. 

The Results

KzUY9bE.jpg

Oh dear oh dear! We once again fall at the second hurdle :@. We lasted just three days in this job! I wanted to start building a name for myself and I think I am, a poor one! 

The Defeat

DHh8N76.jpg

Robbed! This is a tougher rogue-like than i expected! 

T'amWorthless

DzM8U5S.jpg

What a disastrous start we've had! Hopefully third times the charm and we get a run going with a third job of the season. 

Our History

Job 1 - Grimsby:

2 Matches - W:1 D:0 L:1 - 27 Days

Job 2 - Tamworth:

2 Matches - W:1 D:0 L:1 - 3 Days

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

Wow, neat concept. I'd hate to see your Loyalty score by the time this is through. Anyway, third time lucky, I'm sure you'll make it past game 2 next time! ;)

I must say I don't agree with the title of your resignation section, I live in Tamworth ?? more than 3 days next time please ? The whole world is watching lol

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Wow, neat concept. I'd hate to see your Loyalty score by the time this is through. Anyway, third time lucky, I'm sure you'll make it past game 2 next time! ;)

That's a very interesting thing which i touch upon in the next update. 

57 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

I must say I don't agree with the title of your resignation section, I live in Tamworth ?? more than 3 days next time please ? The whole world is watching lol

Haha, I thought someone would take that the wrong way :P. I intended it as I'm worthless hence the T'amWorthless so T'am as am :S:P

Season Three is ready to go when the times right :)

55 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's a very interesting thing which i touch upon in the next update. 

Haha, I thought someone would take that the wrong way :P. I intended it as I'm worthless hence the T'amWorthless so T'am as am :S:P

Season Three is ready to go when the times right :)

It's a dive anyway mate I was only kidding ?

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

You're becoming the John Burridge of Vibe :laugh:

Hopefully I won't need that many opportunities! 

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

It's a dive anyway mate I was only kidding ?

Lmao, your words not mine :P 

19 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

This could be a record of most clubs in one season :D unlucky mate, it will come 

Getting a third likely breaks that record already haha

Fantastic start mate (I would insert a *chuckles behind hand* here but I'd probably be doing just as badly). It's great to see a less serious but just as compelling career to follow.

I predict 7 games at the next club.

39 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Fantastic start mate (I would insert a *chuckles behind hand* here but I'd probably be doing just as badly). It's great to see a less serious but just as compelling career to follow.

I predict 7 games at the next club.

Delighted you're enjoying the concept :), I always worry a stupid amount about how well an idea will do lol. 

I'd take a 7 match run at this point without a doubt!