Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Your Favorite FMM17 Player + Player Role

Simple question, friends. 

We're about 5 months in now and I think everyone's had a pretty good feel of the game by now. I've played loads of seasons on both OME and EME and tried hundreds of players, but my shortlist of favorites counts a handful only. I obviously loved Villalibre who produced 1000+ goals for Sevilla. Bazoer of course with his 250+ for Benfica. Ze Gomes an absolute beast -probably my 2nd favorite-, Sanches, Horta and Guedes all phenomenal. But my vote's gotta go to Gabriel Barbosa (IF) (I bet that's a surprise) who posed continuous and merciless threat to many an opponent on the right flank (FR) in my 1KC career. Incredibly consistent providing assists and goals for 15 seasons long and still a top class player at 33yo. Pure joy.

Would love to hear yours.

@BatiGoal

I have a few players I like, I dont really have any that stands out as favourites

At the top I like Martin Odegaard, Ryan Gauld and Aleksandar Mitrovic, and liked those 3 for a few years now. Jordan Pickford is probably my favourite Keeper, and I always try get John Terry just before he retires, so I can put him on my coaching team, and also quite fond of Lee Cattermole who I like on my backroom staff.

Odegaard and Gauld are very dependable in Midfield and Mitrovic is a goal machine if used right

Lower Leagues, I tend to stick with players I know.

With one of your formations, I think it's yours anyway, 4-3-3 TKO, I use it with players like Mark Beck and Stephen Thompson of Darlington up front, who can score for fun, with Josh Falkingham, David Syers, Leon Scott, Terry Galbraith and David Ferguson also of Darlington in Def and Mid.

In one save, I bought Ferguson and Thompson into Gateshead for less than 50k, 2 promotions and top half League 1 finish later, I was able to sell them for 750k and 800k respectively

Unfortunately I haven't really had those long saves where you get to know a player really. My Caretaker career has me moving too often to like anyone, my West Ham save was pretty short and I've not played much of Inception, that's all I've really played outside of Rogue and Hulk Hogan. 

So from my limited playing time I'd have to go for Dybala as an APM and Sane as an ISF. 

I've never liked the AMC position but I wanted to find a player who would be ideal for me in that area of the pitch. After a stat search I found Dybala had everything I wanted and more. He can score more than I'd like but he's the perfect AMC/APM who'll get assists for days, I actually rate him more as an APM than a striker now. 

Sane on the other hand is easily one of the best players I've used this year, cutting in from FR as an ISF he's just a goal machine, he's easily the best performing player I've had from that position. 

Feels odd to not say Wanyama who I'd have said every previous year but BWM's are crap on the EME and I've not had an OME save where he was worth signing. 

@Fozz_Quaker that's exactly what I was after; names. I haven't used the majority you mentioned this year so it'll be interesting to see if proven players perform in my team too.

Re tactics, yes TKO was mine, the 4-3-3 someone else's.

Re BWM, as Ashez mentioned, not as effective this year on EME as previous years. Imo the BBM too is slightly underperforming, but Poachers have become more clinical in my teams.

@Ashez interesting you mentioned Sane on FR. That's where Barbosa wreaked havoc and not AMR (editted OP) could it mean that the secret lies on those flanks? I've certainly seen quite a few successful formations covering FL/FR positions so hmmm interesting observation.

I feel for Wanyama tho :P

@Jack IFs were a bit under scrutiny this year but look how many of our favorites cover this role :) It says something. 

FR/L ISF's are all kinds of broken if they have pace and solid attacking stats. For the inception save I tested a large number of ISF's including Barbosa but Sane was a different class. Barbosa was an option for a central role but as I used him last year I decided on Embolo just to use someone new. 

Talking of Barbosa what's happening with him at Inter is sad to see, I hope he can get out of there in the summer. I'd be happy to see him on loan at LFC like some rumours suggest could happen (I don't believe them but hey haha)

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Marquinhos BPD. Been the same answer since 2015 :)

I've never been fussed on him, always found Sule, Tah and Laporte for example as better options. 

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Talking of Barbosa what's happening with him at Inter is sad to see, I hope he can get out of there in the summer. I'd be happy to see him on loan at LFC like some rumours suggest could happen (I don't believe them but hey haha)

Serie A is just not the type of league for him. .. not yet at least. Would love to see him in EPL, even if it had to be at your club.

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've never been fussed on him, always found Sule, Tah and Laporte for example as better options. 

One of the main reasons you lose every H2H you contest ;)

I have enjoyed using a few players this year, if I had to pick standouts they would be Owusu, who I used on your TDF challenge. Great little player in the AP role, will likely use him again some time this year. Another lad I have enjoyed using is Ross Barkley in a private save, either in BBM or AP. Great stats on the young lad. Finally, loved using Levin Oztunali, also in your TDF challenge, out wide left I think. Quality player.

I've only had one real long term save, and these are the players my vote would go to:

Adam Armstrong - Poacher

IMG_5328.thumb.PNG.4d26afa39842d82a80664d197fce68b0.PNG

IMG_5327.thumb.PNG.05d31f737e85d6fa36a17666043cc4ad.PNG

Lewis Cook - Deep Lying Playmaker 

IMG_5325.thumb.PNG.4534a6aab3bd01277dda8c84624a8370.PNG

IMG_5326.thumb.PNG.a7cfc942d64647f4f6dddf20e9ff6b2a.PNG

Oliver Burke - Inside Forward 

IMG_5329.thumb.PNG.5dfbbc64a899393950660aa5abbc5cf9.PNG

IMG_5330.thumb.PNG.9cf24d055079410cc6a1c2fa8e421be9.PNG

Couldnt decided between the three of them... ??

It's hard to say this year, with all my various saves I've never really brought in the same players to get a feel for anyone in particular 

for positions I agree that the BWM is next to useless this year, I've found IF's to be very hit and miss, but I think the Winger position has been greatly improved, always had issues with my wingers being very inconsistent in previous versions of the game, but this year their doing much better

So to answer I'll go with Heung-Min Son W 

Played a little private save earlier in the year and just like his real life counterpart he killed it, scoring, assisting and can play with both feet, a truly amazing player 

Some really interesting picks here. Great to see the variety of favorites, there's a few of them I've obviously heard of but never played in any of my teams, Barkley and Armstrong being two of them.

Agreed @Taff Wingers are definitely more effective/useful this year.

@BatiGoal I will post some results from Stephen Thompson and Mark Beck on my next save...Probably end up making me out to be a liar when it comes to it lol ???

For my next big save, I am waiting for the Premier League, Football League, National League and Northern/Southern and Isthmian League Play-Off's to conclude, then I am going to write a document to reflect next seasons league placings ?

A couple of picks for me:

Leroy Sane as an IF anywhere along the AM positions. 

Danny Ings (surprisingly) as a Poacher.

In the lower leagues, Danny Lloyd as an AF or an IF.

Felipe Anderson LW as either an APM or W (assists for days!)

Sebastiano Luperto CD (solid as a rock)

Bernd Leno GK (brick wall lol)

It's actually interesting you mention that... I seem to recall moving Dembele to a FR to try and maximise his effectiveness... Maybe I need to rethink :laugh: 

@Victorezeja Dybala's got to be one of the most popular players this year.

@samhardy stop acting normal cause you're not :P

@Meestercat Sane is the obvious one. One of the best players along with Dybala imo.

@Brenty92 Leno is super reliable indeed. Class GK.

@Jack explains why my 2-2-1-5 and 4-2-4 worked well this year.

@setiawanjimmy M.Keane looks phenomenal. Going for 1000 gls there surely.

I agree with Jack and Berardi. I'm a huge Vertonghen fan as well, but I try to mix my signings up. Dendoncker though is one I most often sign as he's great value for money.

1. Alexander Isak - a 16 yr old striker who starts with 15 Ariel

2. Gelson Martins - hitting 25+ assist per season for Isak

Joint 3. Dayot Upemacano and Wilfried Ndini - really physical DC/MCs

4. Felix Passlack - 20+ assists per season from right back

5. Ousame Dembele - just coz

6. Giovanni Lo Celso - a free scoring CM

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

1. Davie Selke.

2. Davie Selke.

3. Marcelo Meli

4. Kingsley Coman

5. D. Berardi 

6. Keita from Lazio

7. Davie Selke? ?

1 hour ago, Joewins said:

1. Alexander Isak - a 16 yr old striker who starts with 15 Ariel

2. Gelson Martinez - hitting 25+ assist per season for Isak

Joint 3. Dayot Upemacano and Wilfried Ndini - really physical DC/MCs

4. Felix Passalack - 20+ assists per season from right back

5. Ousame Dembele - just coz

6. Giovanni Lo Celso - a free scoring CM

LO Celso is SOOOOO good!

Some great names being mentioned here. I'm surprised no one's done a challenge with Isak yet. Some candidate for a goal challenge.